Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
A New Place (Morgana) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
A New Place (Morgana) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
A New Place (Morgana) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
A New Place (Morgana) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
A New Place (Morgana) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
A New Place (Morgana) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
A New Place (Morgana) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
A New Place (Morgana) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
A New Place (Morgana) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
A New Place (Morgana) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
A New Place (Morgana) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
A New Place (Morgana) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
A New Place (Morgana) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
A New Place (Morgana) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
A New Place (Morgana) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

A New Place (Morgana)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Oliver Bennett
Head Boy
Head Boy
Oliver Bennett

My Character
::
Activity: Hufflepuff - Year 7, Head Boy, Three Broomsticks worker

A New Place (Morgana) Empty
PostSubject: A New Place (Morgana)   A New Place (Morgana) EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 9:41 pm

There were many things Oliver wouldn't mind doing, but visiting the Ministry was certainly not one of them. Oliver wasn't even interested in it, even thought that was probably where Victoria and Matthew would end up working at. He could definitely see Matthew battling some dragons as a profession, and Victoria beating everyone's ass. He had thought about his career and studies after graduation, but he hadn't quite decided on what he wanted to be. His father had suggested the Auror profession, as everyone seemed to go straight for it right after school, but even though he had changed, Oliver was still not morally able to hurt anyone, let alone curse or kill them. With that out of the way,  Oliver had looked into the Unspeakable department. It seemed....mysterious. Oliver could like that.

So he was on his way to the Ministry to see what information he could find about the Unspeakables. The front desk must have some pamphlets or something like that to aid the graduating students. As he walked thought the crowded streets of London, he finally reached the phone box that held the entrance to the Ministry. After dialing 62442, he was lowered down to the Atrium, and it was as if a whole new world had suddenly appeared in front of him. People moved about like ants, they ran with papers flying after them, the weather outside was rainy, despite it wasn't actually raining when Oliver had been walking out in London. Automatically looking down at his clothes, straightening his black tee so that he didn't so childish, Oliver continued his search for the information desk.

He was amazed at how many people walked from one place to another. It was worse than crowded London. It was like an entire country had come down to the British Ministry. The most interesting thing, however, were the paper aeroplanes that traveled the air above him without trouble. Oliver wanted to know where they were headed to, where they had come from, who they were meant to. His curiosity got the best of him, and in an instant he was following a flock of said aeroplanes as they flew towards the end of the Atrium, were people seemed to be more dense and much more interested into getting to their destination on time than stopping to admire the magic of the place.

He ran through the bodies of people, trying to catch up, enchanted by the paper planes. He pushed people to get past them, but the small planes were faster as they suddenly disappeared along with a crowd of people into what Oliver recognized as an elevator. They were gone. Breathless, Oliver realized that he was a terrible athlete. He was thin, but he was already breathless. Taking in a deep breath, he decided to walk back towards the entrance, to continue on his journey. Except he noticed that the world he had been amazed at just a few minutes ago was gone. There were only about three people left in the Atrium, at most. Raising an eyebrow, he wondered if this was common in the Ministry. Unsure of where to go next, because he had been following the crowd and the paper planes, Oliver looked around to figure out what to do. He felt like a little lost boy again, and it wasn't a good feeling at all.
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character
Activity: Junior Undersecretary to the Minister of Magic

PostSubject: Re: A New Place (Morgana)   A New Place (Morgana) EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 11:13 pm

Morgana was sitting by her desk, her head in her hands. She hadn't been sleeping so well lately. And work did not really take this into consideration. Her job had actually been a bit more busy lately than it had been for a while. A trial was going on in the near vincinity of Mordred's office, so Morgana would be first sitting in the dark and dank, oval room where loads of serious trials had taken place, the most notorious ones being centered around Voldemort's Death Eaters. And then, in the breaks, she'd gone to his office to see what he was up to. Mordred was as busy as ever trying to do research, especially on time turners, as the incident with Harry Potter and his friends in 1996 had left almost every single time turner destroyed. Besides, Mordred had always seemed very preoccupied with the concept of time. But the past or the future had never held much interest for Morgana. But giving her father a helping hand was something she'd do any day.

She was just leaving the dark hallways for the lifts after another day of trial, ready to go back to her office to write down a few keynotes and go over the notes she'd made in the courtroom. But first, she'd need to get herself a cup of coffee. It wasn't like Morgana would forget what had gone on in the trial any time soon, having close to an eidetic memory. And then the lift stopped by the atrium. And what Morgana's eyes landed on, was a boy, looking completely lost. It wasn't until she took him in that she recognized him. Her memories flashed back to charms and the class where chairs had been thrown and emotions had been revealed. She'd been assigned to his group. And they'd been considering something with unicorns. Morgana remembered how he'd fought back on what she said about unicorns being helpless creatures. And not a couple of weeks later, Morgana had met blendingly beautiful unicorn in the forest.

The year Morgana had met Oliver had been one of her most closed off years, yet there had been something about Oliver that had made her feel ... almost protective. He'd had the guts (be it based on stupidity or not) to not back down when she shared her own opinion, and not many people dared to do that. He'd gotten under her skin. And she didn't like it. But what she did notice was that, even if it had been years since she'd seen him, and even longer since she'd talked to him, he was still getting under her skin, and -with great reluctance- she walked over to him. "Oliver," she said calmly, her voice the same monotone she'd gotten so familiar over the last few years. "You look lost." As she'd gotten closer, she looked him over again. He wasn't the same boy he'd been. He looked more serious, more ... adult. But she could still see the same childish streak in him that she had seen so many times before. "Where are you going?" Morgana didn't offer to help; she figured he'd take her help. He looked too lost to do anything else. And her coffee could be fetched some other time.
Back to top Go down
Oliver Bennett
Head Boy
Head Boy
Oliver Bennett

My Character

PostSubject: Re: A New Place (Morgana)   A New Place (Morgana) EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 6:49 am

Scratching the back of his neck, Oliver looked for a friendly face. If he found one, the chances of him getting to where he was told to be were higher. Hebwas about to walk towards the Welcome Witch, when he heard his mame being called out. Turning around, expecting one for his father's coworker Aurors, Oliver faced a young woman with very pale skin and raven hair. She could have probably been the female version of himself had she not been more....womanly shaped. She sounded so monotonous, lifeless. "I am lost." he replied to her obvious commentary. She knew him by name, but he couldn't recall who she was or where he had seen her. She hadn't explicitly offered to help him, but it was enough. "Uh, the Department of Mysteries." he informed her, his eyes fixated on her face trying to figure out where she was even from.

Surely he must have met her before! People didn't just guess other people's names. Unless they were seers, but this lady didn't look like a seer. She was too detached from the life around her to be aware of something as great as divination. "Excuse me," Oliver began, unable to put a name to the woman's face. "Do you work with my father, Maxwell Bennett?" he could not figure out who she was, and Oliver was blaming it on his desire to shut down his brain any time some Auror person came over to their home to try and persuade him to join their department. She might have been one of them, for all he knew. Still, Oliver wasn't sure that was even a reasonable theory. The more he looked at her the more familiar she became. Almost like a long faded memory resurfacing, but he was still unable to bring the whole thing back. The strangest thing, and the one he wouldn't dare tell even the closest of his friends, was that Oliver thought her incredibly beautiful. She was older than him, and he was still respectful of people, but she was one of those people that could make you do a double-take while out in the world. But she seemed to be somewhere else. Somewhere far from the Atrium.

"Oh, I need the Mysteries Department." Oliver repeated again, mostly for his sake. "I would be very grateful if you could show me the way, or...you can just sent me to the entrance, if that's easier for you." Oliver was curious, so he crossed his fingers for her to walk him all the way to the Mysteries Head's office. She was so..., she was like a riddle. Yes, she was familiar but strange. She was here but not here. And Oliver just wanted to know how that could be. She had to be around twenty-three, so she probably had a good portion of her life figured out, and Oliver was jealous of her for a brief moment before adding, "Actually, it would be better if you could show me to the Head of Department. I'm here because I'm interest in interning for a while, then eventually see if I can pursue a career with them. Maybe you can help?"
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: A New Place (Morgana)   A New Place (Morgana) EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 11:15 am

The look on Oliver's face when he saw her was a confusion Morgana easily interpreted as him not recognizing her. And when he said where he was going, Morgana almost unnoticably raised an eyebrow. Funny that. She found it amusing that he didn't recognize her, but she wasn't at all surprised. Not everyone remembered as well as herself, and he'd been much younger at the time. To him, she was probably just a person passing by in the streets. And she was fine with that. Morgana had no desire to be remembered by anyone, and all she wanted was living her life in a manner that didn't have to concern anyone but her father. She followed her own rules, and if people didn't remember her, then all the better. She could tell that he was trying to figure out who she was, but it seemed like he had a really hard time figuring it out. Which only made it more amusing. Of course, this amusement, didn't touch the surface of her face or eyes. Morgana's exterior was basically a shell that didn't change, and what happened within the shell was for no one to know.

Maxwell Bennett? The name did ring a very slight bell. She thought he might be one of the aurors who had come to her office with a stack of paperwork that needed to be briefed? It was very possible. "I do not," Morgana simply said, and decided not to let him know just who she was yet. Maybe he'd remember it on his own. And if he didn't, that was fine. She wondered what had driven him to finding out more about the Department of Mysteries. In Morgana's eyes, that just didn't seem like the place for him. But his curiosity had probably something to do with it. Morgana had always considered him curious, whether he really was, or because anyone asking Morgana a question seemed curious in her mind, she wasn't quite sure. But he had asked questions. To Morgana he was a curious person, however. She found him almost interesting. For another moment, she gave her time to consider why, and then noticed his structure, his build, his face. He was very similar to herself. Eerily so. Morgana figured that this was who she'd be if she was a good person. He was the same and the absolute contradiction to herself. And that was intriguing. "I work as the junior secretary to the minister," she finally said, "My name is Morgana Gaunt." But that was all she'd give him. Whether it'd be enough or not was for himself to figure out. Though, for the first time during the conversation, Morgana actually hoped he would.

Why Oliver seemed to think it necessary to repeat where he was going was a mystery to Morgana. Maybe he thought she hadn't been paying attention. Well, Morgana paid attention to absolutely everything. So it was very possible that he simply thought her distant as she took in everything happening around her, every sound, every person, and all without flinching. Morgana titled her head to the side. "I just came from the near vincinity of the department. I can take you there," she said and walked the few steps necessary over to the lift, calling it, before turning back to Oliver as he continued. She raised an eyebrow, visibly this time. An intern in the department? As the saying went; most of them never came out again. Of course, they didn't die, they just changed. Morgana nodded. "I most certainly can. The Head of Department is my father," she said and turned to the elevator as it appeared. She didn't turn to see if he followed. She had found many curious things in Oliver and neither one of them had been stupidity. "Department of Mysteries," she said calmly. As the lift set in motion, Morgana looked back at Oliver. "So why this department?" she asked curiously.

Mordred:
Back to top Go down
Oliver Bennett
Head Boy
Head Boy
Oliver Bennett

My Character

PostSubject: Re: A New Place (Morgana)   A New Place (Morgana) EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 3:02 pm

She was so still, so calm, so similar to a mannequin! What was Oliver supposed to do!? How was he supposed to interact with her?! For a brief second, Oliver worried she might have found him annoying, but then remembered he wasn't twelve years old anymore. He wasn't annoying, or at least not in the same way. He knew lots of people found him annoying for different reasons, so maybe he had met the woman before. Maybe Oliver had accidentally bumped into her at the train station and she had never forgotten the face of the kid who hadn't apologized. Or maybe she had been behind him in line at a shop and he had somehow been rude to her. Or worse yet, Oliver was her neighbor! That would be terrible! Oliver was always listening to music, or arguing with Matthew, and he was sure the whole neighborhood knew what he was up to. He was sure of it.

His cheeks suddenly became warm, much like they did when he embarrassed himself in front Victoria. "Are you sure?" Oliver asked again, this time more cautiously. "He's a Senior Auror." Despite how embarrassing it would be if she was actually his neighbor, it would be better since he would at least feel more comfortable around her. Still, he didn't press any further. He might have imagined it, but Oliver thought she was studying him, which brought back his insecurities for a second. Oliver felt as he was being looked at under a microscope, but maybe she hadn't meant it that way. Maybe she wasn't used to communicating with people. Maybe her position had something to do with it? He nodded when she said she was Junior Secretary, quite impressed that she looked so young for a serious position. "Sorry, how old are you? You look pretty young. That must be quite a competitive position. Glad to see you've got it, though!" he grinned for a second. He was glad she had it, though. He didn't really want to see some old, cranky woman with a bad smoking habit behind that desk. She seemed more professional, less naive. And then Oliver realized. Morgana Gaunt! Of course! It took him a while for his brain to process the name, but the moment he realized he recognized it, Oliver's memory searched for it until he found it scribbled in Professor Le Blanc's fancy handwriting a few years ago. How could have he forgotten her? She had said unicorns were useless! She had been rude, extremely so, but then again Oliver had also been twelve...

With his new information, Oliver understood two things. 1) her strange way of being in and out at the same time and 2) his strange attraction towards her. Of course Oliver found her pretty, she had been pretty when he was twelve, she had to be pretty now. He smiled at her, more genuinely this time, "Morgana Gaunt, from Charms class?" he asked, a bit of caution in his tone. There was the possibility that the might have just confused her, of course. No, it definitely must be her. She spoke the way the Morgana girl from class spoke; very formally. Near vicinity? Yeah, that didn't sound like a normal person. Maybe an older person, but not someone who must be in their early 20s. He smiled when she turned around and headed for the lifts, because that meant she would take him where he needed to go. Following behind her, he raised his eyebrows in surprise when she mentioned her father being the Head of the Mysteries Department. He hadn't actually thought of her as having a family, but now he was looking forward to meeting Mr. Gaunt, whom he secretly hoped was more life-like than his daughter.

He got into the elevator right after she did, following her the way he followed his mother. As they moved up, Oliver thought about his answer. Chewing on his inner cheek, he considered his words before blurting out "I find it...mysterious." His smile spread into a goofy grin before settling down into a more serious state. "It seemed to fit." he shrugged. "My father's an Auror, and he wanted me to follow his steps, but I'm not really cut out to be fighting wizards and running after them. I'm also not physically able to, they must run like hell and I can barely run a mile." he admitted, a smile playing on his lips. "My grandfather used to be in this department, though. I guess I want to know what kept him here all the time." he finally replied, a much more genuine answer than before. He was truly just curious about what lay behind the chambers his grandfather often mentioned, but never explained.
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: A New Place (Morgana)   A New Place (Morgana) EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 8:02 pm

Though Morgana could not tell exactly what was going on in Oliver's head, it was clear to her that he was still trying to place her. He also seemed a bit worried, as if he ought to know who she was. She supposed this was how many people felt when they didn't remember people's names, or even being incapable of placing them. Morgana never had that issue, so she wouldn't know. She could see his cheeks reddening a bit, making Morgana even more intrigued. When he asked her if she was sure, she was both tempted to raise her eyebrow in annoyance (of course she was bloody sure), and to laugh in adhere to his seemingly tense emotions. However, this being Morgana, she did neither and settled with no reply at all. But mention of him being Senior Auror made it easier for Morgana to place him. Indeed, he was the auror that people really seemed to respect from the department. Morgana had only met him once, and briefly, but with the knowledge that he was Oliver's father, Morgana could easily understand where the respect came from. This wasn't because Oliver was someone who did have Morgana's respect, but she tolerated him much more than she tolerated most people, and if he did start working in the Department of Mysteries, she had a feeling the toleration would be upped to respect.

He looked rather impressed when hearing what position she did have. Of course it was impressive to have gained such a position within the ministry at such a young age, but they did aim to bring in the younger adults for this position as it was one of the ways to entice and include the graduates from Hogwarts and integrate them in society. The junior secretary position was rarely held by someone over the age of 30. SHe nodded curtly, not really giving a slight hint that she appreciated his statement of being glad she held the position. After all, what was that to him? "It is a highly competitive position, though only so many are capable of keeping the position for long, as it is a very demanding job. And I am 21 years," she added calmly. Conveying information about herself was not something Morgana made a habit of, but Oliver was Oliver, and it didn't really matter what she told him. Not by a long shot.

Morgana could easily identify the moment when he did seem to recognize her. It wasn't that he looked completely enlightened or anything, but his eyes changed. He did still seem cautious, but he also seemed to understand her better at the same time. Maybe he finally remembered that she'd not been the most energetic person in school either, and he suddenly made sense of her. Well, as far as anyone who wasn't Mordred could. She didn't answer him, just went back to giving him another nod. Morgana wasn't a very talkative person, as anyone could testify, and she didn't answer to questions that were of no significance to her. Not even when they came from people like Lucy, and it had never been a problem with her father, as he was just as interested in conversations as she was.

She looked at him in the elevator when he landed on the word 'mysterious'. If anyone found the Department of Mysteries anything but mysterious, Morgana would be surprised. So he ought to have a better reason than that. But once again, he was a very curious person. Perhaps being mysterious was enough for him to take a job there. After all, there was no job description for the department. The only requirement was silence. Being an Unspeakable was fitting people like her father, but she wasn't sure it would be right for Oliver Bennett. Of course, Morgana had -on rare occasions- been wrong before. But he continued on with his explanation and Morgana grew even surer that this wouldn't be the place for him, until he finally landed on an answer that did make more sense. If he had only wanted to choose being an Unspeakable because he didn't think he was cut out for being an auror, it wouldn't have sufficed as a reason. But the root of it all was his grandfather, it seemed. Morgana suddenly had a lot she wanted to say, but quickly came to the realization that it wasn't for her to say, and wondered briefly why she wanted to tell him so many things so quickly. Maybe it was just because it was Oliver. He'd been so tiny the first time she'd met him, and he'd been the only one (whether because of stupidity or not) who had spoken back to her in protest.

"Being an Unspeakable is a rather solitary job, though," Morgana said, just as the elevator stopped and the doors rolled away, declaring that they'd arrived in the Department of Mysteries. She stepped outside and turned to look at him, waiting a bit before walking on. "You don't strike me as a solitary person," she added, to get to her point. She looked at him in a quizzical manner, probably the first time in her encounter that she showed a different face.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A New Place (Morgana)   A New Place (Morgana) Empty

Back to top Go down

A New Place (Morgana)
Page 1 of 1