HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Sat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Sat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Fri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Mon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Sun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Sun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Mon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Wed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Tue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Mon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Sun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Share | 

Too Serious (Aoife)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin

My Character
::
Activity: Trainee Auror

PostSubject: Too Serious (Aoife)   Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:32 am

Finally, Hunter was a seventh year. Didn't it feel like he'd just arrived on the boats - just gotten sorted, just gotten stuck in that trick stair that he now skipped so easily each time he passed it, just almost gotten murdered by a devils snare or the fire that came flying out of Aoife's wand? It did - yet, at the same time, it felt like far more than seven years separated Hunter from the carefree boy he was when he was eleven. Regardless, here he was, eighteen years old, in his final year of school. His final year of childhood - or, at least it was supposed to be. Seventh year was supposed to be fun, easy - happy. But for Hunter, that wasn't an option.

After all of the things that he'd learned over the summer, and after the things he was being counted on to do, he had no choice but to accept that his childhood was over far before he arrived at Hogwarts for his final year. Though, if he was being honest with himself, he knew that the day he'd found his brother dead in the street had marked the turning point in his life - the point where he was no longer who he was and never would be again. The point where he'd been forever separated from the other people his age. That day, he'd aged years overnight. Or at least it felt like it. But if there was ever any doubt before, there was now no way that Hunter could deny it - he was no longer a child. He wasn't allowed to be - couldn't be. Not if he wanted to be sure he wouldn't lose anyone else the way he'd lost Jack. Not again.

Hunter had things that he had to accomplish this term. And he had to start somewhere. So, as he leaned against the wall near the door to Florean's in Hogsmeade, waiting for Aoife to get off of work, he figured that he might as well start with her. He just wasn't sure how to start such a serious conversation with her. He hoped that as oblivious as she was, she'd be able to see - that she wouldn't blow what he had to say off. But his thoughts were interrupted by the door swinging open, and he reflexively reacted to the flash of red before it was even all the way through the door. "Aoife, over here," he said, his hand catching her elbow and pulling her over to him, not bothering to leave the spot where he was leaning against the wall.

The corner of his mouth turned up into a half grin when he looked down at her, and his hand easily lifted her chin so that he could lean down and kiss her. Dating Aoife was still definitely not like dating any other girl, but she'd had to accept a while ago that he had the right to kiss his own girlfriend. "I got off work early, I figured I'd wait and walk back with you," he said. "You could've at least gotten me some free ice cream, though." He kept his tone light. He wasn't going to bring anything up just yet - he may still not bring it up at all. Looking down at her again, he suddenly wished intensely that he could just tell her about everything that had happened over the summer. But he couldn't.

Banners:

Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor - Year 7, Head Girl

PostSubject: Re: Too Serious (Aoife)   Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:17 pm

Work was much busier today. And it was good, because Aoife wasn't bored, but it was bad, because she had another Transfiguration essay due the next day. If there weren't customers streaming in constantly, she could be working on that so she wouldn't have to stay up all night doing it later. Oh well. She did sort of like this job. A lot. She would probably miss it after she graduated. But Aoife didn't want to spend her whole life working in an ice-cream shop like her boss, when she was so awesome and had the potential to do so much better. Nonetheless, she was making the most of her ice-cream parlour staff discounts this year. After she finished here she would have to pay as much as normal people did for ice-cream. Shouldn't be a problem though, since she was going to be so rich.

Once her shift was over, the boss came out from the back room to take over. "See you later!" she called as she left. Wow, she was pretty British now. Hogwarts had changed her. The hint in her accent. Even the expressions she used. Because there were very few Irish people at Hogwarts, which sucked, because in general they were so much better than her English and Scottish and Dutch schoolmates. If she went back to Ireland after school, nobody would notice her because of the Britishness she had obtained. She would have to try and get her Irish charm back. If she even wanted to go home. Did she? Gosh, too many big decisions. Maybe she would just go home and live with her parents forever - it would be far easier than having to make decisions.

She almost jumped out of her skin when someone grabbed her arm, she had such a surprise. But it was only Hunter. Idiot. "Holy shit, you surprised me," she muttered. It was weird, kissing. But not as bad as she had originally suspected with the sharing mouth germs theory. Hunter was more likeable now. Aoife certainly wouldn't have forgot about the contract and carried on being his girlfriend if he wasn't more likeable than before. And "going out with him" wasn't really that different to being friends or whatever they were before, apart from holding hands and kissing, which she could deal with now. He actually was quite sweet, even if he wasn't on the wonderful scale like she had over-exaggerated about before.

"Wow, how sweet," she smiled, only half sarcastically. "Nobody gets free ice-cream, you moron. Only discounts. And I wasn't wasting money on you." Maybe she would have got him one if she'd known he'd wait. Aoife was legally allowed to buy firewhiskey flavour now, she'd only just realised. She remembered asking Morgana whether it was allowed a while ago, but she'd never tried it, because she was slightly scared that Morgana would report her to the Ministry. "Have you tried firewhiskey ice-cream?" she asked, because Hunter was an expert on alcohol, and he'd be able to tell her if it was any good, if anyone could. She had a good boyfriend. At least a useful one when it came to judging alcohol based desserts.

AWESOME SIG BY HUNTER!

banners!:

Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Too Serious (Aoife)   Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:11 pm

Hunter wanted to grin at Aoife when she jumped, clearly completely caught off guard by him. But in light of what he had to talk to her about, he didn't. Because it only proved the point that he would eventually need to make to her, and to his friends, and to all of the students that he could get through to. When you were a teenager, and you walked out of work and were caught off guard by your boyfriend, it was funny, or at worst a minor inconvenience. But what if it wasn't Hunter who had surprised Aoife? What if it was someone who didn't mean nearly as well? If Hunter had been someone who had meant Aoife harm, would she have been able to save herself? Or would she have already lost that fight because she hadn't been paying close enough attention walking out of work? James Morgenstern surprised Lyra. He surprised the Wilcox brothers. And all of a sudden, Hunter realized how easily he could surprise anyone, if he wanted to. That fast, Aoife could have been dead, before she even had a chance.

But they hadn't gotten that far in the conversation yet, so Hunter quickly threw the grin that she would expect from him on his face. "Sorry," he said, in a tone that made it obvious that he wasn't really sorry at all. He raised an eyebrow when she said that nobody got free ice cream. "Oh come on, you mean you still follow that rule?" he asked her, rolling his eyes. "You've been working there for five years, I think your boss would forgive you for taking a little free ice cream - oh, by the way, here, I stole these from Zonkos for you," he added with a grin, pulling a bag of bertie botts out of his pocket and handing it to her. "Don't feel too special though - I wasn't wasting money on you either."

Draping an arm over Aoife's shoulder's, Hunter inclined his head. "Come on, let's go, I'm starving!" he said, dragging her along with him down the road. "We need to get to dinner before Blake eats it all," he said, laughing. When she asked about firewhiskey ice cream, he shook his head before she'd even finished her sentence. "Not as good as the real thing," he said immediately. "And it doesn't get you nearly as drunk. I wouldn't pay for it when I could just go to the three broomsticks for an actual firewhiskey." Butterbeer was one of those things that could be made into just about anything and taste good. But capturing the taste of Firewhiskey wasn't quite so easy apparently.

But after a moment, Hunter's grin fell some. Because he had to talk to Aoife. He remained silent for a minute, to give the last conversation a moment to die off, before continuing a bit reluctantly in a more serious voice. There was no way to bring it up casually, so it was probably easier if he just got straight to the point. "Look, I actually wanted to talk to you about something," he admitted, glancing down at her. "Aoife - " Hunter hesitated, because he wasn't entirely sure how to go on. "Do you ever wonder if we don't, you know, know enough?" he asked her, trying to keep his voice casual. "In order to survive, I mean," he added, because it was a pretty vague question. "Look, what I really mean is - if someone wanted to hurt you, could you stop them?"

Banners:

Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Too Serious (Aoife)   Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:05 pm

"You've clearly never met my boss!" Although the man did have a completely different personality when it came to customers. With employees, he was harsh. He'd most likely try and get Aoife arrested if she stole any of the precious ice-cream. She was pretty sure there were a bunch of security measures employed in the shop, although she imagined it was only for burglars and she could get past them without too much trouble. "I guess I'm just not a rebel like you," she grinned, shrugging slightly. Only, there was a difference between rebels and thieves. And she'd been raised with the belief that stealing shite from other people was bad. Having thought about how Hunter got all that firewhiskey before he was of age, it couldn't have just been a one time thing when she saw him steal that firewhiskey a couple of years ago.

But stealing from Zonko's was fine, she decided, because that shop must make money all year round, no matter what happened. Florean's made far less profit, because few people wanted ice-cream in winter, or were aware of how stomach-warming butterbeer ice-cream was. "Thanks. And no thanks. You know, for being a cheap boyfriend." Maybe she could forgive him, though. Hogwarts had great free food, but Bertie Botts were not included, unless you went to Charms. "Hey, have you ever thought about being a burglar? As like, a profession? Because you're pretty good." And the only other thing he was good at, as far as Aoife knew, was Potions, and Potions was for losers. What job would that qualify him for?

Aoife probably could have been her predictable self and tried to start a dumb pointless argument about why he needed to rush or something, but she was really hungry too, and that fat pig Blake probably would eat everything, oh, and that essay needed writing as soon as possible, so she sped up her walking without comment. "Ah, okay," she said, slightly subdued. "What if you didn't want to have it just to get drunk? I mean, just for the flavour. Because not only am I not a rebel, I'm not an alcoholic either." She guessed it was pretty lame to want firewhiskey ice-cream just for the flavour, though. Cool people drank loads of alcohol, didn't they? Traditionally. But Hunter wasn't cool - just cool by association with Aoife, who could make any idiot cool.

And then, when he spoke again, she could have acted casually and not admitted that she didn't know what he was going on about, but his face and what he was saying sounded so uncharacteristically serious, she didn't. "I don't understand, what are you on about?" she asked. Luckily, he elaborated, though. Only, she still didn't entirely understand what was happening.`"Want to hurt me? Who wants to hurt me?" Aoife was universally loved! Except by... half of the universe. But really, did anyone hate her that much? "And I don't know if I could stop them, I haven't made plans for if anyone wants to kill me in the street!" Now she felt worried. Was she likely to get killed now? Especially now she was leaving the safety of Hogwarts behind in a few months?! Hunter was screwing up her head, and she still didn't know exactly what he was talking about!

AWESOME SIG BY HUNTER!

banners!:

Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Too Serious (Aoife)   Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:37 am

"Come work at Zonko's then," he said, laughing. "My boss is great! And me and Ariel always have a great time at work!" Though, Hunter was pretty sure that if it was him who worked at Florean's, he'd have left with a tub of ice cream easily, without his boss ever being the wiser. Apparently, Aoife realized that, too, because she pointed out that she wasn't a rebel. "Well, that's your problem, then," he told her, grinning. "You know, if you'd asked me when we were eleven, I never would have guessed you'd grow up to be someone who played by the rules," Hunter chastised her jokingly. "Actually, knowing you now, I'm still a little surprised. The girl who dyed her hair blue to keep guys from hitting on her is somehow not a rebel." It made no sense. Which kind of made sense, because Aoife generally just made no sense.

"You're welcome," he replied half-sincerely, pulling a few bertie botts from his own pocket and popping into his mouth. "For both, because trust me, if I wasn't a cheap boyfriend, you'd get way fewer presents - if I didn't steal them, you might not get them at all. So don't take your good fortune for granted." A burglar as a profession. That was a thought, because she was right. He was good. "I'm thinking I'll just keep it as a side profession," he told her with a shrug. "It's more like a hobby, I think. Make it my job, and the fun gets sucked right out of it." He hesitated for a moment before his next statement. "I actually think I'm going to apply for a job as an auror," he told her hesitantly. Because if anyone had asked him before now what he wanted to do, it never would have been something so serious. But after everything, and the summer happenings, he was pretty sure that was the direction he wanted to go.

"If you don't want it to get drunk, you're not doing it right," he told her, rolling his eyes. Honestly, could he find a lamer girlfriend. "Let me put it this way - in no circumstances should you ever get firewhiskey ice cream. You'd be better off just pouring real firewhiskey on regular ice cream." Or just drinking straight firewhiskey. That was always the most preferable option. "If you were going to try some for free, I'd say go for it. But since you're such an anti-rebel these days, don't waste your money," he finished, shaking his head.

Her reaction to his last statement was expected, but it didn't stop Hunter from sighing at the completely naive tone in her voice. Of course she would think that way - though, it was almost frustrating that she did, considering how close she was to Hunter and his family. She'd seen what happened. Why would she think she was exempt? But her next sentence caused a bit of frustration to rise in his chest, and he grabbed her arm, pulling her to a halt. "Jack was killed in the street," he reminded her heatedly. "And who would have ever wanted to hurt him, before then? The Wilcox professors - you'd think they were harmless, wouldn't you? But they're dead, too. Why would you think that you and I are any different?" Aoife was innocent and naive, but she wasn't stupid. She would have to realize at some point that, unfortunately, they needed a plan in case somebody did try to kill them in the street. The thought of it made him tug on her arm again, a little more inclined to get back to the castle quickly. "There are bad things happening, Aoife, and we should be able to protect ourselves."

Banners:

Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: HEYYYYYY LOOK I REPLIED <3   Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:41 pm

Maybe it was Morgana that had struck fear in Aoife's heart. Maybe she was still worried that if she stole even a scoop of ice-cream, the scary girl would jump out from behind the counter - well maybe not jump, Morgana wasn't that energetic, but glide - and shout at her and probably report her to the wizard cops or something. Not that she hadn't liked her, she was great. Just... intimidating. "I'm alright, I'm fairly happy with my discount cards," she smiled. Anyway, she'd just get fat if she ate all the ice-cream whenever she wanted, so fat she wouldn't even be able to move and get more ice-cream. Of course he brought up the blue hair thing. Hunter was so predictable sometimes. "That wasn't an act of rebellion, it was proving my point, and making an important social statement. Anyway, there's no rules against exciting hair colours," Aoife grinned. "And when I was eleven I never broke any rules! Apart from that time I wanted to put beer in Malfoy's coffee, which was a stupid idea anyway, because what was the worse a little bit of Guinness would do?" She knew from experience that it would have achieved absolutely nothing. Because in recent holidays she'd become a total Irish stereotype in terms of going a bit over the top drinking with her brothers. Socially, of course.

Yeah, she guessed he had a point. She did love presents. Maybe she should be slightly more grateful, even if they weren't Hunter's presents to give and it was kind of like encouraging him to partake in illegal activities accepting them with a big thanks. "Grand," she said sarcastically. Grand that her boyfriend actually found fun in putting people out of business by not paying for their shit. Aoife couldn't help but smile a bit, because all of a sudden Hunter was the shitty one with no morals in this relationship, not her, which was strange. But it faded when she heard what he said next. An auror? Aurors were shit! They never did anything! Oh, maybe that was why he wanted to join them. To make them ever so slightly better. And she was totally faithful that he could do that. "Don't you need... really high exam results for that?" were the only words she could manage, but she quickly added, "I mean, no, that's a good idea, definitely, you should do that, aurors need people that are actually going to do something, and you could, yeah..." Because she felt shitty.

Maybe she felt shitty not only because she was a shitty person, but because she was almost jealous Hunter had a plan. Hunter the candy and firewhiskey thief, who didn't do too much better than her in lessons. And all Aoife had were a few sheep and a couple of galleons saved from working in Florean's, with no dreams or goals or plans that actually amounted to anything. She guessed she'd always been bitter and twisted and jealous. "Honestly, I think that's really... admirable." Providing his reasons were as she suspected. If she was any good at DADA or casting spells and shit in general, Aoife would consider something similar. But she wasn't. So she had nothing. But she should probably stop thinking about herself for once.

Firewhiskey was fun, sure, but it wasn't the getting drunk exactly that made her want to drink galleons of it. "I was just asking about the ice-cream," she reminded him with a chuckle. "But fine, I'll stick to stolen sweets and butterbeer flavour." But another look at his annoying little face prompted Aoife to carry on. "Maybe I will try some for free." That was, if she managed to get over that recurring nightmare of Morgana getting her arrested. Which she didn't plan on mentioning to Hunter.

She regretted saying that as soon as she realised. For goodness sake, she was such an insensitive dope. How had she managed to completely forget about Jack, while she was with Hunter? "I'm so sorry..." she muttered. And the Wilcox brothers, obviously, although she wasn't entirely familiar with what had happened exactly then, and she hadn't really wanted to be since hearing about it. More people being murdered in the street was brutal enough, and she knew that how she felt about it was nothing compared to the people who'd lost family members, namely Phin. And obviously Hunter and the twins with Jack. As much as she hated to ever admit that Hunter was right about anything, she knew he was completely right about this. Where the idea had come to Hunter from, or who for that matter, she didn't know, but it wasn't difficult to tell that he had reasons. The way he mentioned bad things happening made her suspicious. "You're right." But just knowing they were in danger wasn't enough. "What's your plan, then?"

AWESOME SIG BY HUNTER!

banners!:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Too Serious (Aoife)   

Back to top Go down

Too Serious (Aoife)
Page 1 of 1