Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Ex-Big-Brothers and Strange Desires (Ari) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Ex-Big-Brothers and Strange Desires (Ari) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Ex-Big-Brothers and Strange Desires (Ari) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Ex-Big-Brothers and Strange Desires (Ari) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Ex-Big-Brothers and Strange Desires (Ari) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Ex-Big-Brothers and Strange Desires (Ari) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Ex-Big-Brothers and Strange Desires (Ari) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Ex-Big-Brothers and Strange Desires (Ari) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Ex-Big-Brothers and Strange Desires (Ari) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Ex-Big-Brothers and Strange Desires (Ari) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Ex-Big-Brothers and Strange Desires (Ari) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Ex-Big-Brothers and Strange Desires (Ari) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Ex-Big-Brothers and Strange Desires (Ari) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Ex-Big-Brothers and Strange Desires (Ari) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Ex-Big-Brothers and Strange Desires (Ari) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Ex-Big-Brothers and Strange Desires (Ari)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Matthew Bennett
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Matthew Bennett

My Character
::
Activity:

Ex-Big-Brothers and Strange Desires (Ari) Empty
PostSubject: Ex-Big-Brothers and Strange Desires (Ari)   Ex-Big-Brothers and Strange Desires (Ari) EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 1:49 am

Hogwarts was supposed to be fun, and awesome, and full of time to spend with Matthew's awesome big brother Ollie! This term wasn't supposed to be any different - and maybe it wouldn't have been, if he was still referring to Ollie as his awesome big brother. Or if Ollie was here. Or if Ollie was within a hundred miles of here. But no, Ollie was some unthinkable distance away in Norway, making new friends and wanting nothing at all to do with the little brother that he so recently betrayed. And of course, Matthew refused to admit that any of the miserable feeling he was burdened with came from the fact that he actually just really missed Ollie. Because Ollie didn't deserve to be missed, and even in his own mind, Matthew wouldn't give his traitor of a brother the satisfaction of it.

Still, Matthew couldn't deny how miserable he felt in his brother's absence, no matter what reason he came up with for it. And as he sat in his usual corner of the Middle Courtyard, he couldn't help a dark, angry feeling settling in his stomach. With a sigh, he twisted his wand, letting a trail of fire twist out of it and catch on a crumpled piece of parchment that was a letter from Ollie, telling Matthew all about his first day at Durmstrang. But Matthew wasn't going to reply. He was just going to burn the damn thing. As fire spread across the page, Matthew idly controlled it with his wand, watching the way the flames flickered. It was almost strange to even Matthew, how skilled he was getting at controlling fire. But really, it did make sense. Matthew didn't just force fire to do his will - he understood it. He wasn't afraid of it, and therefore could manipulate it.

But as his wand traced the flames, he caught sight of an entirely different type of flame from the corner of his eye. Fiery red hair was clearly visible emerging from the nearest classroom, but Ariadne hadn't seen him. She'd gone the other way, and was walking away from him. Which was great, because Matthew wasn't in the mood to deal with her annoyingness today. Term had just started a day or two ago, and so far, he'd managed to avoid her for the most part. She definitely didn't know about Ollie. But if that was the case, why did he keep looking up at her as she walked away? Why had he completely lost concentration on the fire that had now begun to envelop the parchment? What the hell was this? Did he actually want her to come back? But Matthew couldn't stand Ari, or the way she always clung to him. It made no sense.

But as she stepped even further away from him, he couldn't help but call out after her. "Ari!" he shouted from where he sat, loud enough for her to hear. Damn it, what's wrong with you? he asked himself. He was pretty sure he'd never been the one to instigate anything with Ari before. It was always her. But when she turned around, he beckoned her over, and actually felt a small wave of relief wash over him when she reached him. Like, somehow, she made up at least a bit for the lack of his brother. So, deciding to allow himself just this one moment of psychosis, he smiled at her and reached up for her hand, pulling her down beside him. "Hey!" he said, finally turning his eyes back to the fire, holding it back some with his wand so that the letter burned a bit slower. "Where were you just coming from? Did you have class?" Now that they were older, they didn't all have all the same classes anymore. "How was the rest of your summer?"
Back to top Go down
Ariadne O'Rieley
Fifth Year
Fifth Year
Ariadne O'Rieley

My Character
Activity: Slytherin - Year 4, Madam Puddifoot's Employee

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Big-Brothers and Strange Desires (Ari)   Ex-Big-Brothers and Strange Desires (Ari) EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 5:38 am

Lunch had been lonely. She'd spent her time doodling on her board, and picking at her food rather than eating it. She had managed to make a snowman out of her mashed potato's, with a carrot nose and all. She later destroyed it with her fork mixing the carrots and mashed potato's together. She didn't see Matthew at all which was weird. He usually jumped at the chance for food. But once again, he had been avoiding her. Just when she needed him the most. She pulled her hair into a part way hairdo to keep it out of her mashed potato mess, and stood up and started heading towards charms. She liked the walk to the charms classroom because she could take a peak outside, and since what a beautiful day it was and how she was missing out. She was almost determined to skip.... But knew that was a bad idea. She'd probably end up getting a really angry letter. She was glad her parents weren't wizards and didn't know what Howler's were.

She was speed walking, and almost missed her name being called. She spun around and noticed it was Matthew. She smiled a little bit holding her board closer. She walked over and he took her hand and pulled her down next to him. She smiled a little brighter. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't stay angry with him. She pulled her long red hair to the side and almost spoke, but refrained. This was going to work. She was going to prove a point to her parents. Maybe if a Professor wrote a note that they were concerned about Ari's well being, maybe they would send it to Aunt Evelyn and she would return home. But she had to keep up her act. No matter how much she wanted to just cry it out to Matthew, she had to keep it in. She nodded and wrote, "Got out of Potions." She wondered what he thought about her act of rebellion. The rest of her summer had been pretty dull. Nothing she expected to happen happened. She shook her head and hoped he understood that it was horrible and she didn't wanna talk about.

She then realized that she could do what she wanted. Aunt Evelyn could do what she wanted, so why couldn't Ari? So skipping class she decided to do. She didn't bring it up to Matthew in case he would be a party pooper and make her go. She decided she wanted to play a game. She drew what now a days people call a "hashtag" sign. But Aunt Evelyn always called it a tic-tac-toe board. They played all the time when they were sitting at home and watching TV. She hoped Matthew knew what it was. She drew an X in the far left corner. And gave him the marker indicating that it was his turn to play. She was the queen of tic-tac-toe. She almost felt bad for what she was making him do. But only slightly.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Bennett
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Matthew Bennett

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Big-Brothers and Strange Desires (Ari)   Ex-Big-Brothers and Strange Desires (Ari) EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 10:32 pm

Matthew grinned back at the redhead as she joined him, but gave her a confused look when she didn't say anything. What was that about? Shouldn't she be singing frozen incredibly obnoxiously right now and getting on his last nerve? "What's the matter with you, why are you being so quiet - " he started to ask, but as he spoke, his eyes were drawn to her hands, which were scrawling quickly on something. She finished and turned the whiteboard around for him to see, and he raised an eyebrow at her. "You mean you're still doing that?!" he asked incredulously. "But why? You aren't home anymore, you're at Hogwarts! Your family won't know if you talk or not here! Her not talking was stupid. That would be like if Matthew went on giving Ollie the silent treatment when he wasn't even here anymore.

Of course, he was still giving Ollie the silent treatment kind of, by not answering his letters. But it took a lot less effort. As he thought of his brother again, he frowned, and crumpled the final piece of his brother's letter, lighting it aflame with an effortless twist of his wand. He stared at it for a minute, letting some of his bad mood burn away with the paper, before giving Ari his attention again and trying not to seem too miserable. "Potions," he said in surprise, before quickly looking down at his watch. "Damn," he groaned, realizing that maybe he was supposed to be in the same class as Ari after all. "I thought I was skipping charms," he told her. But it was already done. And if Potions was over already and he'd gotten the two mixed up, that meant charms was now. And he'd meant to skip it anyway, so why bother going now?

He looked at Ari curiously when she erased her board and started drawing on it again. When she finished, she turned it around and handed the marker to him. What did she want him to - Oh, tic tac toe! Matthew grinned "Well, alright, but I'm warning you! I'm a tic tac toe champion," he told her, reaching out and placing his "O" in the center square. Really, tic tac toe was a pointless game if both people knew the strategy to it, because it always ended in a draw. But Matthew's attention span wasn't that great, and he wasn't entirely sure that he remembered the right way to win. "So, are you just never going to talk again?" Matthew asked her as he waited for her to make the next move. "Are you going to communicate entirely through games of tic tac toe for the rest of your life?"
Back to top Go down
Ariadne O'Rieley
Fifth Year
Fifth Year
Ariadne O'Rieley

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Big-Brothers and Strange Desires (Ari)   Ex-Big-Brothers and Strange Desires (Ari) EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 12:33 am

Ari smiled as he placed an "O" in the center square. He got the game she wanted to play. Normally, she would be bugging him about something. But this time, she didn't want to talk, and it was him asking all the questions, and him not leaving her alone. When he asked about her communicating through tic tac toe the rest of her life, she really thought about it. She shrugged. I mean, she couldn't just not speak for the rest of her life. That would be pointless. But she wanted to prove a point, and she wasn't going to not speak until her point was proven. She placed an "x" in the left corner, and handed him the marker. She of course, wasn't going to answer his question verbally. That would ruin the whole point of her rebellion. Her teachers seemed to go with what ever it was she was doing, they didn't know what was really going on. Just that she refused to speak. She wrote below the tic tac toe game, "I've gone too far to quit." She hoped he understood. Yes, it was pointless to not speak now. But Aunt Evelyn was too blame. So if anybody were to blame somebody, they should blame her.

She sighed and ran her fingers through her long red hair. She really needed a hair cut. It was getting down to her buttocks and getting hard to deal with. She hoped that Matthew would be the one to understand, but he didn't seem to get it either. Derek pretended like he did, but he was too in love with her (which was great and everybody should love her) to really feel her pain. Sometimes she just wanted to sit and cry, and other times she wanted to bash her fist in a wall. But that would require a trip to Mr. Stark and Miss. Daniels, and that might require speaking. When she tried to run away with Aunt Evelyn, and she had sent her back, it felt like somebody had locked her in a freezer until all of her organs had frozen over, and then somebody smashed her heart with a brick and shattered it into a million pieces. After all, Aunt Evelyn was the only real "mother figure" she had. Who did she have if she didn't have her?

She got out some parchment and wrote on it, "She was the only person who cared about me. Who really understood me and treated me the way a mother and daughter should treat each other. Without her at home, I have literally no one. My parents are MIA most of the time, and the nanny keeps me trapped indoors so I can't go out and see you. I just feel so... alone." Maybe now he would understand why her not speaking was necessary. Maybe it would bring Aunt Evelyn back. Maybe just maybe her life could get back to normal.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Bennett
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Matthew Bennett

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Big-Brothers and Strange Desires (Ari)   Ex-Big-Brothers and Strange Desires (Ari) EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 8:10 pm

Matthew stared at Ari expectantly, waiting for her to answer him. She seemed to be thinking about it, but just when he thought she might, all she did was draw another X on the board and hand the marker back. Apparently she was going to communicate entirely through tic tac toe for the rest of her life. Or at least, for now. "Fine then," Matthew huffed and rolled his eyes, taking the marker and trying to evaluate the next best move. He was pretty sure he was supposed to take another corner. Or one of the center spaces on the side. He started trying to work it out, thinking forward about it, but quickly got himself confused and just plopped a circle in a random spot and handed it back. He could always accuse Ari of cheating if he didn't win.

Then, Ari was writing again, and Matthew found himself straining his neck to read what it said before she'd even finished. Halfway through, he realized how desperate it made him look, and quickly reverted back to his relaxed, lounging position. If she said anything about it - which she wouldn't because she wasn't talking - he would just say he'd seen a really cool bug. That was very typical. But the irony didn't completely escape him - that he'd spent the past three years doing everything he could to get away from Ari and not have to hear her voice, but now, as she scrawled over her whiteboard, he was intrigued to know what she had to say. Like maybe, without her annoying voice, she was actually the slightest bit tolerable. Matthew almost wanted to kick himself for thinking it. Because it was ridiculous. With or without her voice, Ari was annoying. Because that's who she was. Annoying Ari. And Matthew didn't care what she had to say - he was just too curious for his own good about everything, not just things that Ariadne wrote on her whiteboard.

But, if that was true, he was doing a bad job of proving it, because when she finished writing, he instantly leaned forward again to see what she'd written. After reading it, he looked up at her. "If you say so," he said with a shrug, too busy trying to figure out why her answer disappointed him to contradict her. And then she was pulling out parchment and writing on that, too. Apparently, this was longer, because Matthew found himself quickly become bored waiting for her. After a few seconds, when she wasn't finished, Matthew pulled out his wand, letting a few bluebell flames fall into his palm. He spun them around in one hand while he waited, feeling very much like a real fire bender. "Could you hurry up, already? You know, this would really be a lot easier if you just said what you wanted to say because if this is always how we have to talk it's going to get really annoying and - oh, you're done. Here," he said, shoving the flames into Ari's hands so that he could take the parchment.

His eyes skimmed it, and when he'd finished reading it, he sighed. Which was weird, because Matthew wasn't used to caring about anyone besides himself. Not that he cared about Ari, but he did think that her situation sucked. "She wasn't the only person who cared about you," he said, more out of necessity than real empathy. But his next words came unforced, and yet again, he was surprised by them. "And you're at Hogwarts with me now, so you aren't alone anymore." That's it - Ollie was getting an even longer silent treatment. Because it was all his fault. Ollie leaving had gotten Matthew all confused and weird. And he was being nice to Ari as a result. But then again, couldn't he actually understand where she was coming from? Hadn't his favorite person in the world up and left him, too? He sighed again. "Look, I know what you mean," he admitted. "Ollie transferred to Durmstrang, so he won't be here this year at all. I'm not speaking to him."
Back to top Go down
Ariadne O'Rieley
Fifth Year
Fifth Year
Ariadne O'Rieley

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Big-Brothers and Strange Desires (Ari)   Ex-Big-Brothers and Strange Desires (Ari) EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 3:48 am

She looked up in surprise. He was being nice to her. Matthew was never nice to her. In fact, she always questioned there friendship because she did force it to happen. And sometimes she thought that wasn't fair on him. But now, he was talking like a true best friend. Had she grown on him? She ran her hands through her hair and blushed a little bit. She didn't mean too, but his words meant so much to her. Maybe she should just talk to him, and him alone. That wouldn't hurt anything would it? Yes. It would. It would ruin her whole point. Everything she was trying to prove. She was taking things way out of proportion, but she felt to get the attention that she needed, and wanted she needed to do this.

Finally something that Ari and Matthew had in common. She didn't understand herself why she chose him to be her best friend. The only thing they had in common was that they were both in Slytherin, and he liked her hair because it reminded him of fire. They were so different. He was fire, she was ice. They should be enemies, yet something had told her that this was how it was supposed to be. And it was moments like this that she felt that she was right all along, no matter how much he tried to deny it. She had completely forgotten about their game of tic-tac-toe. She stared into space for a little bit. Not really thinking about anything. It was times like these when she felt like she had nothing, and yet she had everything. She had parents, she had friends who obviously cared about her, so why was she feeling like she had nothing?

She placed a random X in a spot not even sure if she made it on the board but that didn't matter. She wanted to know that Matthew would be there for her. She couldn't take it anymore if more people abandoned her. If they left her, she didn't know what she would do. She wouldn't have anybody. Ari waited for him to make his move, realizing that she had placed an X in the bottom left corner. She smiled at him again. This time without blushing. She wished with all her heart that she could talk to him. But she just couldn't. It would ruin everything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Big-Brothers and Strange Desires (Ari)   Ex-Big-Brothers and Strange Desires (Ari) Empty

Back to top Go down

Ex-Big-Brothers and Strange Desires (Ari)
Page 1 of 1