Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Monocle and vegetarianism (Cece) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Monocle and vegetarianism (Cece) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Monocle and vegetarianism (Cece) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Monocle and vegetarianism (Cece) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Monocle and vegetarianism (Cece) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Monocle and vegetarianism (Cece) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Monocle and vegetarianism (Cece) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Monocle and vegetarianism (Cece) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Monocle and vegetarianism (Cece) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Monocle and vegetarianism (Cece) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Monocle and vegetarianism (Cece) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Monocle and vegetarianism (Cece) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Monocle and vegetarianism (Cece) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Monocle and vegetarianism (Cece) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Monocle and vegetarianism (Cece) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Monocle and vegetarianism (Cece)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Evan Williams

Evan Williams

My Character
::
Activity: Ravenclaw Dropout

Monocle and vegetarianism (Cece) Empty
PostSubject: Monocle and vegetarianism (Cece)   Monocle and vegetarianism (Cece) EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 5:35 pm

Not so long ago, Evan had seen a quite peculiar advert. Usually he tended to just ignore the text on every cursed piece of paper dedicated to consumerism and stuff like that. Lies, fraud, useless things, that's what these goddamned adverts usually were about. But not this one. "Vegetarian meeting in Monocle Café. Come and help the Nature!" He wouldn't be surprised much if it wasn't a wizadring meeting. Or at least it seemed a wizarding one since Evan picked up the paper from the dusty pavement of Knockturn Alley. Thanks to his sister, Evan knew that vegetarianism was pretty popular among muggles, but he had never encountered any vegetarian wizards. Maybe it was a sign for him to make some new friends. Although Evan believed in neither signs nor friends.

Friends. Evan was terrible at making them. Everyone he had ever chosen as his friend was either a moron, a backstabber, or just a person who had forgot about his existence. So animals and plants were much better in Evan's opinion. Not in terms of how advanced their were as organisms, but how little trouble they gave him. Birds were Evan's favorite, except for pigeons. These ones were obnoxious flying bags of shit. If not his biology knowledge, Evan would presume that 60% of their mass was shit and 30% was their hate for humanity. Hate so intence that it even weight something. Aggressive, filthy creatures. Most other birds were cool though.

14 June, 16:00, Monocle Café. Evan was in the right place in almost the right time. 15:47. But coming a bit earlier had never hurt anyone Evan knew. Monocle was a muggle café, but since there was no people at any of the outside tables, it was probably enchanted to be hidden from muggle eyes. It was a quite reasonable decision, since renting a wizarding place would definitely cost something. Evan liked this idea, despite he wasn't sure whether it was against any Ministry regulations. It would be really unfortunate if people who organized this potentially good meeting got in trouble because of the stupid law.

Without further thoughts about the wizarding law, Evan opened the door and stepped inside. To his surprise, the café was empty. Either there are not so many vegetarians in wizarding Britain, or they tended to come late. There was about 10 minutes till the official meeting, so Evan hadn't lost hope in the local vegetarian community yet. It could also be a joke pulled by some meat-eaters. In muggle world lots of people made fun of vegetarians, maybe it was the same in the wizarding one? If this was the case, those filthy meat-eaters had to pay. Not that Evan himself was going to make them do it, no, he would probably let Karma punish them. He was kinda disappointed with Karma lately, since there were too many misfortunes for Evan, but still there was a chance that he would be rewarded with something really great for all his suffering and good deeds.

Thinking about all these karmic problems, Evan continued standing in the middle of the room, awkwardly.
Back to top Go down
Cecelia Daniels

Cecelia Daniels

My Character
Activity: Assistant Healer

PostSubject: Re: Monocle and vegetarianism (Cece)   Monocle and vegetarianism (Cece) EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 9:08 pm

Cece may be turning her life around, getting a job and all that rubbish, but she certainly wasn't going to forget her ideals and her morals. Even if she had a fancy job and a lot more money than she'd ever had before, there were still huge problems in the rest of the world. Problems which she needed to raise awareness of, because it was up to everyone to do their bit, and over the past couple of months, she'd been neglecting her duties as friend of trees, committed animal lover and world-saving activist. Which meant she really ought to get back on track. If she wasn't wondering around London trying to save the world from unfortunate, growing issues which would be solved easily if more people would help, then who would do this job? It was more difficult than one might think. Nonetheless, since she wasn't working, and she had a lot of time in between taking Anya out to places, she decided that now was the time to grab the opportunity and hold some sort of meeting, or gathering.

After about five minutes of brainstorming, she had come to the conclusion that the first (hopefully the first of several) meeting should be for vegetarians and those interested in choosing the life path of giving up meat and fish. Vegans were even more welcome, but she was afraid that they were slightly fewer in numbers these days. Following this decision, she had to organise the meeting. It turned out the best place to hold it was in a muggle café since it would be far cheaper and if she did happen to be ever-so-slightly bending any wizard laws, nobody would really know, right? She chose Monocle Café, mainly because it sold fairtrade products and was fairly near her apartment. After she'd booked it for the day, she moved on to making some posters, which she thought turned out pretty well.

This way, every vegetarian wizard in London would be desperate to come here. Hopefully the place wouldn't be too cramped, with all the people that were going to turn up as soon as it turned four o'clock. Right now, as she sat in the empty place, alone at a table in the middle, it was four minutes to. But everyone knew vegetarian wizards were punctual - neither too early or too late - so she wasn't worried. Most of them would arrive at precisely four, she was sure of it. Meanwhile, she had time to dash to the shop next door to the café and buy some extra chocolate biscuits. She didn't imagine that the small amount she had already would be enough for all the people, so it would be good to get some more.

Unfortunately the line in the shop was long, so by the time she reached the front and paid for the biscuits, it was very nearly four. With the hope that she could be inside and watch them all file through the door, she rushed, but unfortunately didn't quite make it. She pushed open the door, ready to greet all the like-minded veggies. But... there was only one person there. How odd. Where were all the people? "Uh... hi there," she said hesitantly. But then she decided she should be more cheerful. Maybe there were roadworks or something, so people had been delayed. And this guy, who had been decent enough to turn up on time, deserved her politeness. "I'm Cece Daniels," she added with a smile. "This is my meeting." It was a bit embarrassing, though, to admit this. When there were only two people here.
Back to top Go down
Evan Williams

Evan Williams

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Monocle and vegetarianism (Cece)   Monocle and vegetarianism (Cece) EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 1:56 pm

Evan was so deep in his thoughts that didn't notice girl's presence until she talked to him. "Hello," he replied. Even was quite lucky to meet people with gorgeous hair quite often, and most of them even tolerated him at some point. Darcy with her blond hair, definitely influenced by her veela lineage; Seren, with her accurate and well- done hair; and, of course, Jen, whose amazing hairstyles probably costed her several hours every time she did them. But all those girls were outshined by this vegetarian. Her hair was the most magnificent: every detail about it was perfect: every tie, every curl, even some confetti trapped in them. She definitely hired one of the best stylists in Britain, there was no doubt. And some magic was probably involved as well to make this incredible haircut real.

Then the girl introduced herself and mentioned that it was her meeting. And it made perfect sense: important figures in vegetarian community probably had the best hair, and it had to look like nature herself: wild and untamed. "A nice meeting you have here," Even said. "The place is really cozy and.. um.. uncrowded?" He didn't like crowds and people in general, but vegetarians were much better than most others after all, so a crowd wouldn't be much of a problem by itself. On the other hand, people could steal some of Cece's attention, which would be quite unfortunate. Gorgeous hair was a reliable indicator of relatively good people after all. Darcy, Seren, and Jen were much much better than the rest of Hogwarts.

After Evan managed to look at something different than girl's incredible hairstyle (which took him about five seconds), he noticed a basket of chocolate biscuits in her hand. "These look delicious," Evan commented, imagining how he was about to eat some of those biscuits. If Cece allowed him, of course. "Should we make some tea?" Tea would be the mos appreciated now (along with biscuits), especially since it was one of Evan's favorite drinks. Much better than that throat burning butterbear, which also had some strange side effects, like jelly legs and partial memory loss. No, tea was completely healthy and tasty. Best drink ever, especially green one.
Back to top Go down
Cecelia Daniels

Cecelia Daniels

My Character
Activity: Assistant Healer

PostSubject: Re: Monocle and vegetarianism (Cece)   Monocle and vegetarianism (Cece) EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 8:40 pm

Cece sighed sadly. "It will be a nice meeting," she said, more trying to convince herself than the guy. "You know, when everyone arrives." Definitely must be traffic, or inconvenient roadworks or something. If that really had any effect on witches and wizards. She was absolutely certain it would become busy. But like he said... it wasn't crowded, which was nice. Since the café was quite small, this was an advantage. A more select, exclusive meeting, she supposed. If only a few more people turned up, she wouldn't be disappointed - as long as there were a few more people to discuss the nature and disadvantages of vegan and vegetarianism in the modern wizarding world, where people seemed to like chicken a lot.

"Of course!" she said enthusiastically. "I had a look, I think there's quite a few types behind the counter. If you want to go and choose something - I'll have whatever, I'm not fussy when it comes to tea - I'll put some biscuits out." They were fine in the basket, really, but Cece liked presentation. So she grabbed a little plate from the side and arranged them in a neat pattern. There were plenty of biscuits there, more than enough for both of them and the people that were due to arrive soon. And they looked very nice, much better than the cheap shop-bought ones from the biscuit, when she laid them out all nicely on a pretty plate.

"So... oh, you never told me your name," she said. Had he? She wasn't sure whether she'd zoned out when he was talking or whether he'd just missed out that fact. Had she even told him her name? Everything from longer than five seconds ago was a bit of a blur in her mind. "I'm assuming you're a vegetarian? Or are you just interested in solving the huge issues with animal cruelty in modern society?" Hopefully it was one or the other - otherwise he had no reason to be here, and was wasting the tea and biscuits she had.
Back to top Go down
Evan Williams

Evan Williams

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Monocle and vegetarianism (Cece)   Monocle and vegetarianism (Cece) EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 3:24 pm

"Your meeting should go great," Evan assured the girl, and then added promptly, "Well, not like it's bad now, but yeah, it will probably be even better." Cozy café, chocolate biscuits, and a magnificent hairstyle of meeting's head. What could possibly go wrong? It was good for Evan to know that there was some tea in this café. He expected it, of course, but this confirmation was still a nice thing to hear. "I'll go and check then," Evan said, walking behind the counter. There was a wide assortment of tea indeed, and since it was a muggle café, all the tea was muggle as well. However, Evan was pretty familiar with it, thanks to his family, and actually preferred it to any kind of wizard drinks. Muggle products had never exploded in Evan's face, changed the color of his hair, made his nose bleed, or tasted like boogies. And he appreciated this safety. He looked through the tea brands assortment: Tetley, Lipton.. Twinings! Twinings was good enough, so now, when the brand was chosen, it was just about picking a particular flavor. "Noble Earl Grey", "Sweet Berries", "Treacherous Lemon". The last one looked fine and Evan decided to go with it.

When Cece mentioned that Even hadn't introduced himself, he immediately felt a bit ashamed. Then he said, a bit awkwardly, "Oh, I'm sorry. Evan is the name." At this particular moment Evan broke the eye contact with Cece. It had always been difficult for him to admit mistakes looking people straight in the eyes. "I guess I don't talk to people who might be interested in my name that often. Although I write it on regular basis when it comes my articles," he added and shrugged. Evan indeed hadn't properly introduced himself to anyone since his interview at the Daily Prophet office. Because of his job, Evan often said something like "Daily Prophet, a couple of questions please," but it was a newspaper introduction, a quite different thing.

"Yes, I'm a vegetarian. And I'm also strongly against animal cruelty," Evan replied. Since humans weren't usually considered animals by most people (which wasn't actually fair), he kinda told the truth here. Cruelty towards people was fine in Evan's opinion, however. "So both. And by being a vegetarian I sort of help animals as well." Meanwhile, he had a teapot full of delicious and treacherous drink. Everything was much easier when one was able to heat things with magic. "So, how's life? How is your nature helping campaign go? Do you need any help with it?" Evan was about to say how useful he could be if it ever came to making people pay for their crimes against poor animals, but he managed to hold his tongue here. He picked two teacups, put them on nearby table, and filled them with tea. "Here you are."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monocle and vegetarianism (Cece)   Monocle and vegetarianism (Cece) Empty

Back to top Go down

Monocle and vegetarianism (Cece)
Page 1 of 1