Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Long Days, Longer Nights (Ariel Wilde) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Long Days, Longer Nights (Ariel Wilde) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Long Days, Longer Nights (Ariel Wilde) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Long Days, Longer Nights (Ariel Wilde) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Long Days, Longer Nights (Ariel Wilde) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Long Days, Longer Nights (Ariel Wilde) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Long Days, Longer Nights (Ariel Wilde) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Long Days, Longer Nights (Ariel Wilde) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Long Days, Longer Nights (Ariel Wilde) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Long Days, Longer Nights (Ariel Wilde) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Long Days, Longer Nights (Ariel Wilde) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Long Days, Longer Nights (Ariel Wilde) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Long Days, Longer Nights (Ariel Wilde) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Long Days, Longer Nights (Ariel Wilde) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Long Days, Longer Nights (Ariel Wilde) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Long Days, Longer Nights (Ariel Wilde)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Humphrey Williams
Third Year
Third Year
Humphrey Williams

My Character
::
Activity: Ravenclaw - Year 2

Long Days, Longer Nights (Ariel Wilde) Empty
PostSubject: Long Days, Longer Nights (Ariel Wilde)   Long Days, Longer Nights (Ariel Wilde) EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 11:30 am

As Humphrey prepared to go home for Christmas break, he started thinking about the first half of his year at Hogwarts. There were a lot of things he loved about it, the classes, the magic of the castle itself, and especially some of the magical creatures he'd already encountered out on the grounds. Next year he was looking forward to trying out for the Ravenclaw Quidditch team. One of the goals he realized that he hadn't yet accomplished, however, was the making of new friends. He'd never been a social butterfly even though he was energetic and outgoing once he got comfortable around people. His problem was forcing himself to make the effort until he got to the point of feeling comfortable to be his geeky self. While he looked out over the grounds, he made the promise to himself to try harder in the new year.

Recently, because classes had just ended, he had more time to think about things. Long days started to eat away when he realized that he had nobody aside from the books in the library to keep him company, and the longer nights started to bring back bad memories. The bad memories were of when he'd always felt out of place at the muggle schools because of his magic. What he was afraid of, was feeling out of place at a place that accepted the magic. It was his own fault, but it still irked him to realize just how much time he'd already wasted. A few tears started to fall on the stone at the top of the tower, and he laid back on the ground. His eyes searched the familiar constellations, ones he'd memorized long ago, as they traced their paths in the heavens. "Stars used to guide sailors home, I wish they could help me feel at home here." he whispered quietly, though nobody was there to hear it. At least, that was what he thought...
Back to top Go down
Ariel Wilde
Head Girl
Head Girl
Ariel Wilde

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: Long Days, Longer Nights (Ariel Wilde)   Long Days, Longer Nights (Ariel Wilde) EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 12:43 am

Ariel had no idea what she was doing. She was walking around in the castle. At nighttime. All right, it wasn't curfew yet, and it was Ariel. Seriously. A detention here and there meant nothing to her. But still, here she was. And it wasn't as much the fact that she was walking around so close to curfew, it was more where she was walking to. Because she was climbing stairs. And the stairs would not lead to the Gryffindor tower. No, rather, she was on her way to probably the coldest spot in the castle at the moment. She wasn't going home for Christmas break. Something she wasn't exactly happy about, but she also didn't feel like leaving. She did miss Darcy a lot, but Darcy was busy with her new job, as far as Ariel had noticed. She'd said that it'd be better for Ariel to stay at Hogwarts, because she was so busy she might not be home at all except for Christmas Eve. And though the traintrip would totally be worth it, Ariel also had a lot of factors that kept her at school.

But the idea was still weird. This would be the first Christmas ever that she didn't celebrate with her sister. And for some reason, this made Ariel feel the urge to go to the highest tower on a freezing December night and gaze at the stars. Awesome. So she made her way up the steps. She had a feeling there wouldn't be people there, at least! Not everyone could be as crazy as her! Alas, she was mistaken. She saw the silhouette of a boy lying on the floor. She was about to announce her presence when he suddenly spoke. It was almost inaudible, a soft whisper, but Ariel managed to identify the words. She frowned. A first year then? Or was it so bad that he was a second year? Ariel hadn't witnessed bullying at Hogwarts, and she had a feeling there was very little of it, apart from the occasional feud between houses. But when she thought about it, was it really likely that a school with so many young people had no sort of bullying?

Ariel made it up the last set and cleared her throat. "I thought I was the only one crazy enough to visit this place," she said softly with a smile. A breeze caught her by surprise and she wrapped her cloak around her. Staying low was probably a good idea. "Mind if I join you?" she asked, looking down at the guy as she got closer, gesturing to the floor next to him. She could see the teardrops that had fallen from his wet eyes, and Ariel instantly felt protective. Ah, so this was what not having a big sister around did to you? You took others under your wing? Ariel found she didn't mind that idea.
Back to top Go down
Humphrey Williams
Third Year
Third Year
Humphrey Williams

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Long Days, Longer Nights (Ariel Wilde)   Long Days, Longer Nights (Ariel Wilde) EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 6:50 am

Before the tears had stopped, Humphrey heard soft footfalls approaching. Quick as he could, the boy wiped away the tears and prayed that whoever it was hadn't seen them. He brought his knees up to his chest and rested his chin on them, peering at the girl who'd appeared in front of the steps. She seemed to be older, perhaps a fifth or sixth year. It seemed silly to think that she could potentially be a friend, but Humphrey felt an odd inclination to try. The girl's comment about being crazy enough to come up here brought an actual laugh from him, and the inclination turned to him actually holding out his hand to her. "Oh, I'm plenty crazy I assure you. But if you didn't already know, crazy people have more fun. Humphrey Williams is the name, what's yours?" Humphrey said to her, letting a devilish smile appear on his face.

Thinking it over as he considered the girl's question, the boy found that he didn't really mind her staying here. He had after all only moments ago been mentally berating himself for not making friends, and now an opportunity had presented itself to do just that. "Be my guest. If you look carefully tonight, you can see that the moon has a small hint of orange to it. Kind of cool, don't you think?" he said quietly, staring at the moon. Soon his eyes were wandering to the other constellations, and he traced them all while naming them silently. Stargazing was something he'd enjoyed ever since he was a kid, and his mother had taught both him and his sister most of them. She even occasionally told them a story behind why the constellations were named, and those were his favorite times with his family. Suddenly, he found himself missing his little sister Casey desperately, and another round of tears started to fall. Humphrey managed to stay silent while he cried, but he suspected the girl knew what was happening.
Back to top Go down
Ariel Wilde
Head Girl
Head Girl
Ariel Wilde

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: Long Days, Longer Nights (Ariel Wilde)   Long Days, Longer Nights (Ariel Wilde) EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 5:05 pm

As he wiped off his tears, it made Ariel all the more sure that this guy didn't want to talk about what he was crying for. And given that she'd overheard his previous statement, she didn't really need to know what it was about, as she already knew. So she didn't ask, and pretended that she didn't notice. As he laughed, it made Ariel smile. He wasn't completely depressed then? Good. That gave Ariel something to work with, other than 'it's gonna be okay's and so forth. She grinned at him. "Oh, I most certainly knew that," she said joyously, thinking about the pranks she'd pulled over the last six years. "I'm Ariel. Ariel Wilde." This guy was cute. Such an adorable firstie! That devilish grin also gave her hope for him. Maybe she should teach him her ways so that her legacy would be carried on at Hogwarts! That would be rather epic. And she certainly wouldn't object to being remembered. She would never be remembered for anything like the best grades, or saving someone's life, or being a great quidditch player. So being mischievous was her only option. Other than being remembered for her veelaness. That would not be fun. Honestly, if people referred to her as the 'pretty veela', she'd personally show up and murder them in their beds. Or worse; prank them.

Ariel smiled and sat down next to him, looking up at the moon. She squinted a bit, trying to focus and see the orange, and then she nodded. "Wow, that is pretty cool," she agreed. She'd always thought the moon was pretty, but at nights like these, it really showed it's mysterious side, making it all the more interesting. Maybe Darcy was watching the moon now. Ariel let go of a long breath; she really did miss her sister. It was so weird. She'd been pretty all right with dealing without her sister when Darcy left for Hogwarts the first couple of years, but now, it was completely different. Suppose it was because now she had neither her mother, and certainly not her father around. She was on her own. She wondered how Darcy had dealt with that in her first years... Ariel looked back at Humphrey. "What brings you up here so late?" she then asked, curious to see if he'd share the real reason with her, or if he wanted to keep it to himself. Either way, Ariel wouldn't blame him for sharing or not.
Back to top Go down
Humphrey Williams
Third Year
Third Year
Humphrey Williams

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Long Days, Longer Nights (Ariel Wilde)   Long Days, Longer Nights (Ariel Wilde) EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 7:23 pm

"It's nice to meet you Ariel. Was kind of lonely to be honest." Humphrey admitted to her with a grin. He wasn't the best at thinking of things to talk about with people though, and he tried to search for a topic. "So, umm, what year are you in?" he asked. She was obviously a good bit older than him, but he was curious if she was in her last year or maybe just her fifth or sixth. That would be when he would have to start thinking about what he wanted to do for a job once he got out of Hogwarts, and he knew that he wasn't ready for that yet. Luckily he had a good amount of time before he had to figure it out though, so that was good. Besides, he doubted every older student knew exactly what they'd be doing once they graduated either.

"Yeah, it was part of the reason why i came up here tonight. Also just a really clear night for stargazing." Humphrey told her with a smile. The girl seemed nice, and he felt oddly comfortable talking to her even though she was a lot older than him. He hoped that they might be able to become friends with a little time. Looking at her and hearing her take a long breath, he could tell she was thinking about something just like he had been before she got here. Maybe missing someone or something in his life, like he was longing to make friends. Hearing her question, he thought of how to answer it. "Well, I couldn't sleep and I thought...why not get some stargazing in. Then I saw the cool moon, too. This is one of my favorite places to think about things too, and I started feeling lonely kind of. Realized that I haven't really made any friends yet, here." he confided. Thinking about it, made him realize she might be struggling too, and he hadn't asked her why she was here. "What about you?"
Back to top Go down
Ariel Wilde
Head Girl
Head Girl
Ariel Wilde

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: Long Days, Longer Nights (Ariel Wilde)   Long Days, Longer Nights (Ariel Wilde) EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 7:18 pm

So Ariel had been right in her assumptions: Humphrey was feeling a bit lonely. Well then. Ariel fell back on the floor, looking up at the stars. "Bloody good I came up tonight then! Hate it when people feel lonely," she simply said. She did hate it. People were amazing, and they shouldn't be brought down by lack of company by other people. All right, Ariel wasn't really naive. So, of course, she knew that not all people were amazing. But most were, if you gave them the chance. They all had something special. Ariel wondered what it was that she'd find special about Humphrey, but she was sure she'd find it soon enough. "I'm in my fifth year. How about you?" she asked. It was weird. She was already in her fifth year. The OWL year! Insanity... That's what it was...

"So, you're an Astronomy geek then?" she asked, her voice light. She'd always admired the stars, but the study of them did little to interest her. That was probably because she just didn't like to study anything, no matter what it was. However, Chloe Gracen had returned, and Ariel had liked her as a professor, so she might just sign up for the class next year. Because -as far as studying went- stars weren't that bad. She looked at Humphrey, turning her head towards him from the ground. She knew that it was hard for many to be first years, but Ariel couldn't really relate. She'd hit it off with Hunter and Blake within a couple of weeks, and they were the year older than her. Lyra had never really become a close friend, but Ariel truly cared for her nonetheless, and she'd always been able to talk to Lyra if the going got tough. She'd also had Darcy for her first years, and having her big sister around had been a great comfort. "Don't worry about it. It'll come, I swear," she said, smiling comfortingly at him. He was so cute! And small. To think she'd been that age once. She would have to watch over him in her final years. She couldn't have someone so kind and innocent not have friends. Her mind briefly tried to figure out what students would be the perfect friends for Humphrey before she realized he'd asked her a question.

Why had she come here? She did miss Darcy, and seeing as how it was Christmas soon, she was feeling a bit down, but she'd normally just turn to Hunter when shit happened. But this time she hadn't. Maybe she just needed some time on her own? She had always been a person who needed space, but this time of year was usually the time when space wasn't needed. "I think I just needed some space, really. A place to think. But I'm glad you're here. If I'd come up here and no one was here, I think I'd only be focused on the chilly air, and I'd probably already have left and the whole trip would've been for nothing. And the moon is also bloody cool today, so maybe something in my unconscious mind pulled me up here," she said, the last part in a dramatic tone, giving him a snigger.
Back to top Go down
Humphrey Williams
Third Year
Third Year
Humphrey Williams

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Long Days, Longer Nights (Ariel Wilde)   Long Days, Longer Nights (Ariel Wilde) EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 6:44 pm

Humphrey smiled a little at the girl's cheerful attitude. "Yeah, I suppose it is. Good timing." he said. She plopped down next to him and seemed right at home. He couldn't help but wonder if he would ever feel that comfortable striking up a conversation with somebody he'd just met. Leaning back, he looked up at the night sky and let himself relax as he looked up at the stars. "Fifth year, wow. I'm only in my first." he told her. From what he'd heard fifth years had difficult exams they had to take, which did not sound fun.

When she asked him if he was an astronomy geek he thought about it for a moment, realizing that he kind of was. "You could say that. Always liked it for some reason." Humphrey admitted with a shrug. There was something about the stars that just drew him in, he'd never been able to put his finger on what. He felt the girl's eyes on him and looked over at her. She was a lot bigger than him, pretty, he was sure she had lots of friends here. Hearing her tell him that it would happen for him too had him nodding, when she said that it was easy to believe. "Thanks, I hope so." he replied, smiling a little as well.

Starting to relax now, he waited for her to respond to his question. There was a light breeze, but it really wasn't too cold up here. Sometimes he would have to head back shortly after coming up because it was too chilly. Than she started talking and he listened, coming up here for space made perfect sense to him. "Well this is a great place to think. And to be honest I'm glad you came up here too." he added.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Long Days, Longer Nights (Ariel Wilde)   Long Days, Longer Nights (Ariel Wilde) Empty

Back to top Go down

Long Days, Longer Nights (Ariel Wilde)
Page 1 of 1