Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Last Resort (Alek) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Last Resort (Alek) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Last Resort (Alek) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Last Resort (Alek) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Last Resort (Alek) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Last Resort (Alek) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Last Resort (Alek) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Last Resort (Alek) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Last Resort (Alek) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Last Resort (Alek) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Last Resort (Alek) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Last Resort (Alek) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Last Resort (Alek) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Last Resort (Alek) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Last Resort (Alek) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Last Resort (Alek)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Miranda Cunningham
Adult
Miranda Cunningham

My Character
::
Activity: Slytherin Alumni, Ollivander's Wand Shop Employee

Last Resort (Alek) Empty
PostSubject: Last Resort (Alek)   Last Resort (Alek) EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 6:02 am

Miranda couldn't believe it. She had cowered the shops in Diagon Alley looking for a job for after Hogwarts. Any job. She could've taken a shit scraper for all she cared. But no. Nobody was hiring. And this was her last resort. She looked up at the Ollivander's sign with a worried expression as she flashed back to their first meeting. He had just wanted to interview her for the paper for the transfer article. And she had been horribly mean to him. So horribly mean to him. She could've blamed it on the fact that her parents had just died, but she wasn't going to use that as an excuse anymore.

She took a deep breath and held onto the railing of the little shop for a little bit to steady her nerves. She didn't know why she was nervous. Perhaps it was the thought that she had been so horribly rude to him when he had just wanted to ask a few questions. She was the killer here and he was the victim. She hoped he didn't even remember her. She sighed again and went in. The bell that announced that somebody was in the shop dinged, and she looked around. She had never gone in here as she had purchased her wand at a little wand shop in her town in America.

She vividly remembered the shop being a bit bigger than this, and having it floor to ceiling filled with wands. She loved that wand shop when she was little. Her parents knew the owners and she found herself spending most of her free time. During the summer when she was older she had gotten a part time job to earn some spending money when she was able to go to the small village that was much like Hogsmeade. So, if he were to ask her reasoning for choosing this job, she would just tell him that. And the second she had earned enough money, she would go back to America where she belonged.
Back to top Go down
Aleksander Krupp
Adult
Aleksander Krupp

My Character

Last Resort (Alek) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Resort (Alek)   Last Resort (Alek) EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 11:01 pm

Alek couldn’t stop thinking about how much work he had to do. He had to sort the wands and make sure were all clean and ready to be sold. Too much work. Too much. Therefore, he sat on the floor with about thirty three wands around him that he had to sort out into their respective boxes. Since it wasn’t anywhere close to being the beginning of the new term, not many people came in to Ollivanders, but he liked people! He missed the social interactions! He was drowning in wand boxes when he should have been shit faced drunk at home. Sometimes, he wondered how his mother even managed to have a huge shit of a son as him. His mother was amazing, too pure and kind. And then there was him, with an addiction to women and a love for alcohol. What a shit. In the middle of his sorting, he heard the bell on the door ding and he dropped the few boxes he already had in hand. Company wasn’t expected, not at this time of the year. color=#ffcc00]“Shit!”[/color] he exclaimed as more boxes fell on him from higher shelves. He would curse whoever dared walk in just then.  Yeah, fuck them.

Cleaning himself up a bit, to maintain the welcoming values of the shop, he put on a fake smile and headed out to meet the customer. Well, then….yes, definitely fuck them….Alek thought as he saw who it was. It was that pretty girl from school, the feisty one. She was a transfer student or something, from America? With his smile now being genuine, he walked up to the counter, “Are you admiring this place or something?” He asked, leaning on the counter to wait for whatever rude reply she would come up with. She wasn’t easy to forget. "If I remember correctly, you are Miranda...?" he asked, unsure - for the first time - what to do with his hands. This wasn’t the kind of interaction he wanted. He wanted other kinds of social interaction, not just small talk with a girl who had painfully rejected him multiple times.

“What brings you here, anyway?” He asked, his accent still audible but thankfully not as thick. He hated that accent. It was disgusting. Almost as disgusting as his brother’s boyfriend was. That stuff made his stomach crawl inside out. The thing about that subject was, he could say whatever it was he wanted to say about gays, as long as he didn’t say it in front of him brother. And if he ever heard anyone speak of Rudi, Alek would just have to beat their face up. Rudi was gay, yes, but he wasn’t the nasty kind of gay. As long as Rudi wasn’t gross, Alek had nothing to say about his personal life. Nevertheless, Alek didn’t think about Rudi so much since he moved out. Sure, he called from time to time, keeping him up to date more for the sake of knowing his brother was okay than for any other reason.

Last edited by Aleksander Krupp on Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Miranda Cunningham
Adult
Miranda Cunningham

My Character

Last Resort (Alek) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Resort (Alek)   Last Resort (Alek) EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 5:09 am

Fuck... he remembered. She closed her eyes when he said her name. She said, "Yes, I'm Miranda. Miranda Cunningham. But I guess you knew that." She ran her hand through her short bobbed hair. Now that she was almost an adult, she could move out of her Great-Aunt's place, and get one of her own. The old bat was about to croak anyways, and as far as Miranda knew, she was her only family, just as her great aunt was her only family, so she was pretty sure she would be inheriting it. But Miranda didn't know if she wanted a place that big. It was a four story house, with five bedrooms, and 4 bathrooms, a library, living room, kitchen, and a gigantic garden out back. What would she do with all that space? Miranda sighed and said, "Ok, I've looked everywhere, and I need someplace to work after I graduate. Is there any chance that you're hiring? I don't care if you hire me to just be your bathroom cleaner, I just really need a job."

At this point, she was practically begging. And Miranda hated begging. She felt it was a sign of weakness. She then batted her eyes and took a piece of her hair and twirled it. She asked, "Please?" If he didn't go for he fake flirting, she didn't know what else would work and she wouldn't go past fake flirting. Miranda was too good for that shit. She suddenly remembered a letter that she was going to send to her friend Abigail from Salem about coming and spending some time with Miranda once she found her own apartment. Miranda hoped beyond hoped that he wasn't just sitting there smirking at her wondering what else she would try and pull to get this job. If that was the case, she would just kick him in the balls and leave. If that was the case, he wasn't even worth her time.
Back to top Go down
Aleksander Krupp
Adult
Aleksander Krupp

My Character

Last Resort (Alek) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Resort (Alek)   Last Resort (Alek) EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 9:14 pm

"You're not so easy to forget, girl." he shrugged, staying where he was, afraid she might punch him and take all the money. Miranda looked thoughtful, almost worried, but Alek wasn't meddling. Not his business. Ah, there it was! The reason for her coming to Ollivander's. It seemed pretty legit, too. "We are always hiring." He said, moving stuff around the counter to find a notebook she could write in. "Just have to know your name and experience." Looking for a pen, and finding one between the many boxes scattered around the counter, he handed it to her along with the notebook. There had been a few people who had already applied, but Alek was a one-man show, and he didn't really like the idea of working with anyone else. Miranda could be different, though. "I have to keep that. In case the owner comes by asking who's helping me." The only reason he had against Miranda working with him, was the danger of any part of his body being kicked mercilessly if he said the wrong thing. "Nah, if I do hire you it won't be for that." he admitted, because Miranda was way too pretty to be a bathroom cleaner.

He was still so unsure of what to do! He didn't have anywhere to sit on! What was he supposed to do when beautiful girls came in asking for a job? He was about to ask her what she knew about wandmaking, but she suddenly started acting too girly. He'd only met her a few times, seen her around school very rarely, but he knew for a fact that she wasn't like that. Raising an eyebrow, Alek grew uncomfortable with the situation. "Uhh.." Was he stuttering? No way! "You're gonna have to show me what you can do with a wand first." he told her, deciding to cross his arms over his chest. He didn't even smirk, because a single wrong thing could cause him to never again be able to procreate. Not that he ever wanted to, kids were gross, but it could come in handy sometime later in life. Since Rudi obviously wasn't going to carry on the family tradition.
Back to top Go down
Miranda Cunningham
Adult
Miranda Cunningham

My Character

Last Resort (Alek) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Resort (Alek)   Last Resort (Alek) EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 11:31 pm

Girl? Miranda was a grown ass lady. Not an insolent 12 year old. She was almost 17 for fucks sake. Miranda was no child, and she wasn't going to let some adolescent Russian man-whore tell her other wise. But she needed the job, so she kept her mouth shut and just smiled at the comment. She wasn't easy to forget, and yet, he was asking for her name? She said, "I'm Miranda Cunningham. And for experience.... I guess you could count the personal studies I've done wand wise that weren't required at school. I've studied the history of my own wand, 7 3/4 inches, Unicorn hair, and Dragon tail, and many of the ones I've found interesting. I've read all about wand law, how the wand chooses the wizard, and I've recently started studying how to make wands, as that is the top goal right now. I believe working in one of the most known wizarding wand shops in England would help me achieve that goal." There. She didn't mention that she had practiced that speech 20 gazillion times in the bathroom the night before.

When Miranda realized that she was making him uncomfortable. She said, "Sorry. Ok. look. I think we can set aside our differences here. Yeah, we had a rough start... But I think if we start over, we can make this work, if I do have the job that is. And you can stop acting like I'm going to kick you in the balls, because I'm not. That's unprofessional." Miranda would show him that she can be lady like. She gave him the wrong impression before hand, but she was pretty sure she could change his mind about her. She was willing to cooperate if he was. This was going to be a double team kind of thing. She couldn't do this on her own. But also, maybe it was a mistake coming here. Maybe she should accept defeat and go to the one place she hated most... Back to Hogsmeade and apply somewhere there and have to undergo the torturous Hogsmeade weekends with the brats of Hogwarts. Miranda can do this. Miranda decided that  after that meeting, she would change. She had acted out, and she was done blaming others for her behavior. It was time to take charge of her own actions. She was going to do this right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Last Resort (Alek) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Resort (Alek)   Last Resort (Alek) Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Resort (Alek)
Page 1 of 1