Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Scary Trophies [Hunter] EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Scary Trophies [Hunter] EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Scary Trophies [Hunter] EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Scary Trophies [Hunter] EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Scary Trophies [Hunter] EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Scary Trophies [Hunter] EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Scary Trophies [Hunter] EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Scary Trophies [Hunter] EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Scary Trophies [Hunter] EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Scary Trophies [Hunter] EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Scary Trophies [Hunter] EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Scary Trophies [Hunter] EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Scary Trophies [Hunter] EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Scary Trophies [Hunter] EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Scary Trophies [Hunter] EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Scary Trophies [Hunter]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Arwen Pierce
Fourth Year
Fourth Year
Arwen Pierce

My Character
::
Activity: Ravenclaw Student

Scary Trophies [Hunter] Empty
PostSubject: Scary Trophies [Hunter]   Scary Trophies [Hunter] EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 6:59 pm

Returning to Hogwarts for her second year had been much scarier than her first year had been. Now she had people she ought to say hello to, to be polite, and also because she did want to, but it was so scary! She wasn't that scared of meeting Matthew, because he talked a lot, so an awkward silence was impossible. And Ariadne wouldn't be bad to meet either. Derek wasn't that bad either, because he was a Ravenclaw too, and in Arwen's definition, that meant he was smart and cool.

She walked a bit around the school, thinking about the people she wouldn't mind avoiding, which was quite a few more than simply three people. Her sister's nemesis, Aoife, was definitely on that list. And everyone else she saw as she was walking. What if one of them stopped her for whatever reason? That would be awful. So she kept her eyes glued to the floor as she continued walking. She found herself in the Great Hall then, and wondered what turn she'd made to wind up there.

There were only a few students there; the more ambitious and studious ones. So a lot of Ravenclaws and Slytherins. Or, more Ravenclaws and Slytherins than the other two houses. Arwen blinked. What was the name of the other houses again? Wow... She knew that perfectly well, but for whatever reason, she couldn't remember at that moment. She let that slip her mind as her eyes landed on a door on the other side of the room. It would be awkward if she doubled back now, in the middle of the hall. They might laugh at her.

So she continued to walk towards the door, her gaze still at the floor, and soon she found her way through the door. Luckily, it wasn't an un-authorised room. Seemed like she was allowed to walk there. No one was stopping her at least! She was shocked by what she found; trophies upon trophies. And it was so glum inside the room. And silent. And... scary. Arwen suddenly wished she hadn't walked into the room, but she could run out either, could she? They'd think she had walked the wrong way... Or even notice that she was scared! She bit her lip and walked towards one of the walls, deciding to stay there for a few minutes so she wouldn't be thought of as a wimp or as someone lost, and hoping that no ghosts would appear. Especially not Peeves, the Poltergeist...
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character
Activity: Trainee Auror

PostSubject: Re: Scary Trophies [Hunter]   Scary Trophies [Hunter] EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 3:36 am

Food was awesome. And anyone who didn't agree could go to hell. And if Hunter was stuck working on his transfiguration essay, he figured that he might as well do it somewhere that he could eat at the same time. Of course, he'd rather be out flying or doing just about anything else, but his paper was due in less than two hours, so it was probably about time that he got started on it. He might have just gone to the kitchens, but he was pretty sure they were still serving lunch in the great hall, so he headed there with hopes that maybe one of his friends would be there to distract him from the task at hand. However, none of them were. Actually, no Gryffindors were there at all. The Slytherin table was pretty full. Hunter couldn't stop his eyes for scanning the Ravenclaw table for a head of curly black hair. But it seemed that Seren wasn't there. Hunter wasn't sure if he should be relieved or not. They hadn't really talked since they'd broken up. They saw each other, of course, but in general avoided conversation. And last term, Hunter had been in no shape to repair whatever he'd broken between them. This term, however, he knew he would have to talk to Seren eventually.

Right, his essay. This whole not being such a terrible student thing was really starting to get old. But unfortunately, real life was coming a lot faster than Hunter wanted it to. Not that he wasn't ready to meet it - in his opinion, he'd discovered the way life really worked last year. Much earlier than anyone should ever have to understand the miseries that came with living. But he had to actually decide what he wanted to do when he got out of school. And in reality, Hunter had no clue. Potions was clearly his strong point, but he'd come to find that he was also relatively decent at some offensive spells, particularly the ones that blew things up. So being an Auror wasn't completely out of the question - it wasn't as if he didn't have a good enough reason to want to hunt dark wizards. One in particular. But first, he'd have to get through school with good marks.

After spending an hour slaving over his transfiguration books, Hunter finally wrote the last word in his essay. With a relieved sigh, he instantly rolled up his work and shoved his things back into his bags. Grabbing a pumpkin pasty to go, Hunter rose from the table, but didn't head for the big doors leading out of the great hall. Since he was here, he figured he'd go take a look around the trophy room. It wasn't very exciting in there, but it was never a bad thing to see your name on one of the Quidditch Cup plaques. Even though Hunter was probably the last person to need an ego boost from something like that. Regardless, he crossed the hall and let himself through the small, inconspicuous door that led to the trophy room. As always, it was silent and dimly lit. He wasn't sure why it was always so dark in that place. Without thinking, he pulled his wand out and flicked it, muttering a quick charm to brighten the flames flickering in the lanterns.

"That's better," he muttered to himself, weaving between the big glass cases to find one that had his name. But, as he rounded one particular case, his eyes were drawn to a small figure standing against the wall. Normally, Hunter would just ignore them, since they were clearly a first or second year. But he couldn't just ignore the little girl with the bushy blonde hair, because he knew her. But he hesitated, because how were you supposed to interact with your ex girlfriend's twelve year old sister? Hunter knew Arwen - she'd been at Hogwarts last term, when he'd dated Seren. But between what he was going through last year and his distanced interaction with Seren, he'd never really talked to the girl at length. But, after everything he'd put Seren through, the very, very least he could do was be nice to her sister. Plus, if he remembered right, the girl was a nice kid, and had always been incredibly shy.

So, taking a breath, he offered the tiny girl a smile and walked over to her. "Hi Arwen," he said kindly - though making sure that it sounded nice required some effort, because it definitely wasn't typical of Hunter. But, knowing the girl tended to be insecure, he wanted to be sure not to frighten her. If Seren did choose to talk to him, he didn't want it to be because she heard that he'd upset her sister. "Er, I'm not sure if you remember me - I'm Hunter. I was - er - I used to, um, date your sister." Well,  that was awkward. "What are you doing down here?" he asked, mostly to change the subject as quickly as he could. "It's a pretty boring room, huh?"

Last edited by Hunter VanDerberg on Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Arwen Pierce
Fourth Year
Fourth Year
Arwen Pierce

My Character
Activity: Ravenclaw Student

PostSubject: Re: Scary Trophies [Hunter]   Scary Trophies [Hunter] EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 11:57 pm

Arwen had been pretty distracted by hoping Peeves wouldn't show, and jumped as she saw that the lights in the room shone brighter than they had. That's when she heard the footsteps. Oh Merlin, what if it was Peeves?! You idiot, a tiny voice whispered in the back of her mind, There wouldn't be footsteps. Arwen pushed herself off of the ground, standing with her back against the wall. Maybe it was a friendly face? After all, she hadn't met any people at Hogwarts that were unfriendly yet. So that was good. But on the other hand, what were the chances that she'd meet another friendly person? There had to be bad people in Hogwarts too, right? So since she'd only met nice ones, wouldn't that mean that there were bigger chances of her meeting a bad person?

And then the person rounded one of the cases with a particularly large trophy. Arwen recognized him in a heartbeat. And emotions rushed through her. Conflicted emotions. Relief? Check. Curiosity? Check. Guilt? Check. She shouldn't feel relieved that it was Hunter, because Hunter wasn't Seren's boyfriend anymore. Which was bad, because Seren was sad about that. And she shouldn't be curious about his life, because he was no longer important. But he did say hi to her and walked closer. Which made her look away from him and then she had to fight with herself to look back. Which she did, but she looked away quickly. But she did push off the wall and took a few steps out of the shadows. "H-hi," she mumbled. She wondered what to do now, because he didn't seem to want to say much more. Which was fine with her, she didn't like to talk in general, but it was awkward. For her at least. But everything was awkward for her.

Then he continued talking, and Arwen noticed how he had a hard time saying what he was trying to. And Arwen couldn't help but feel a bit more secure of herself. She wasn't the only one who thought things were awkward then. Good. "I re-remember." She was looking at him now. It wasn't that hard anymore. He was older, cooler and tougher than a second year, but he found this awkward, so Arwen would rise above. A bit more than usual at least. But what was she doing down there. "I was, uhm, I was e-exploring, a-and I f-found this room," she explained. She then shook her head a bit. "Y-yes, it's no-nothing special." She wasn't sure if she agreed with her own statement, though. Trophies were kind of interesting. Arwen liked to walk around and looking at people's names. They told a story that she'd never really know. Then her brow furrowed. "Wh-what are you doing d-down here?" she asked then, because he was a sixth year, and he knew about this room, so why come if it was boring?
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character
Activity: Trainee Auror

PostSubject: Re: Scary Trophies [Hunter]   Scary Trophies [Hunter] EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 9:37 pm

Arwen was so small, with huge eyes that would probably make her look terrified of everything, even if she wasn't. Or maybe, she really was just terrified of everything. And when she spoke, her voice stuttered, which Hunter knew from speaking to her a few times before, and from what Seren had told him about her last year. Looking at her - hearing her speak - it was almost hard to believe that they were related. The little blonde girl was so incredibly different from her sister - different, even, from how Seren was as a first year. If it weren't for the wild, curly spirals of her hair and her bright blue eyes, it would be impossible to tell. "Of course you do, I don't know why I thought you might not," Hunter replied easily, nodding. It was actually stupid of him to think that the girl wouldn't know who he was. He'd dated her sister for a year, after all. Even if he'd never spoken to her, Arwen would probably recognize him.

But he smiled when she said that she was down in the trophy room exploring. Arwen was definitely one of those people that, being older, it was hard to be anything but nice to. She was just so miniscule and quiet, and not at all annoying like most younger students. "Well, Hogwarts is definitely a great place for that," he agreed. "I'm seventeen, and I'm still exploring," he added with a grin. It wasn't like Hunter went exploring anymore. But occasionally, he'd surprise himself by finding a new secret passage or an area he'd never been to before. "Nothing special, no," he repeated. "I was a second year like you when I found this room, though!" he told her, as the memory came back to him. "I met my best friend in here." He'd met Ariel in this very room, in second year. He hadn't known then, of course, what she'd be to him so many years later. Hunter was actually pretty sure he'd just tried to impress her because she'd been pretty like Darcy.

"Me?" he repeated. "Come on, I'll show you!" he said brightly, inclining his head and circling around the room until he came to the section of quidditch cup trophies and plaques. "My name's on that one," he said, pointing to one of the chaser badges on the 2029 trophy. Fourth year - also known as the best year Hunter had ever experienced at Hogwarts. "And that one," he added, pointing at a trophy to their right, from when they won the cup in 2027, his second year. "Gryffindor's got a pretty good team - though, Ravenclaw is just as good." Well, almost as good. "My friend Victoria is a beater for Ravenclaw. What about you, do you like to fly?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scary Trophies [Hunter]   Scary Trophies [Hunter] Empty

Back to top Go down

Scary Trophies [Hunter]
Page 1 of 1