Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
What do you want? (Oddmund) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
What do you want? (Oddmund) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
What do you want? (Oddmund) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
What do you want? (Oddmund) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
What do you want? (Oddmund) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
What do you want? (Oddmund) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
What do you want? (Oddmund) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
What do you want? (Oddmund) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
What do you want? (Oddmund) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
What do you want? (Oddmund) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
What do you want? (Oddmund) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
What do you want? (Oddmund) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
What do you want? (Oddmund) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
What do you want? (Oddmund) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
What do you want? (Oddmund) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

What do you want? (Oddmund)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Symona Angelova
Second Year
Second Year
Symona Angelova

My Character
::
Activity: Breidablikk - year I

What do you want? (Oddmund) Empty
PostSubject: What do you want? (Oddmund)   What do you want? (Oddmund) EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 1:23 pm

Symona hold onto her cat. It was a nice siamese cat, with crystal blue eyes. It also wasn't too loud, although it did like to wake the girl up early. Not that she complained, now she could tell her mother a reason for waking up at such an early hour. Her mum seemed to think that people should wake up at unworldly hours, like eleven. Symona was just fine with making up at eight or nine in the morning. So she was happy that today she actually could wake early, because of the ship to Durmstrang. Well, it still was early even by Symona's thoughts but better than staying in the bed pretending to be asleep.

The girl walked onto the ship. It seemed nice - and it was well carved. Than again, is surly must be made with magic! So looking through the eye of Magic, it may not be that week made. Although what differs magic carving from regular carving? Such thoughts had occupied Symona ' s mind while she walked more and more into the ship. It was still very nice, but she probably wouldn't admit it that easily if she ever had the luck of meeting the one who made it. Or ones. Either way, the girl just wasn't one to go complimenting one - in fact, part of her may say a compliment just to get one in return.

Now she began to search for some compartment to go into - she wasn't going to go in one with people. Which made it harder, because it seemed that everyone had some place taken. What was worse, they all where in groups. Meaning she couldn't just walk in and make someone go away from being quiet. Than she finally found one! She was surprised it wasn't taken, it was in a pretty good place. Probably because the rest only searched for a place to be, not what the place is. Smirking silently to herself, she walked in. Than put her coat on the holder, quickly checking if her notebook was in the pocket. She always took it with her, to write something down or such. Than she put her cat down, took out her book out, sat down and began to read. She smiled very quickly when it jumped onto her lap. Because of that, she began to pet her.
Back to top Go down
Oddmund Hansen
Second Year
Second Year
Oddmund Hansen

My Character

PostSubject: Re: What do you want? (Oddmund)   What do you want? (Oddmund) EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 8:11 pm

Carrying several big trunks, Oddmund was walking down some kind of a corridor, looking for a suitable compartment. And suitable for him meant "not in the beginning and not in the end". Oddmund's priorities changed on daily basis, and today he wanted to be somewhere in the middle, which was quite understandable, because ships swung the least there. He hoped it could somehow help him if he got seasick.

Tired of carrying his heavy trunks, Oddmund picked a random compartment and walked in. There was only one girl sitting there, so he had plenty of space to drop his luggage. "Hi! I'm Oddmund. And no, this name is related to neither English nor German. It's a Norwegian name with a pretty cool meaning," Oddmund introduced himself. "You have a nice cat. And a nice book. Although one can' judge a book by its cover, but I think it's also nice. Because that's what books are. Nice."

"Can I take a seat?" he asked, taking a seat. "Nice compartment you have here. So cozy." Oddmund couldn't compare this particular compartment to others, but he really liked it. He actually liked pretty everything, especially when he took his vitamin D and some other meds. Norway is a pretty sunless country, so to be happy and healthy, Oddmund always took vitamin D, as mother told him. She believed in muggle medicine, and Oddmund believed her.
Back to top Go down
Symona Angelova
Second Year
Second Year
Symona Angelova

My Character

PostSubject: Re: What do you want? (Oddmund)   What do you want? (Oddmund) EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 8:39 am

Symona liked this book. It was basically about a near future which was ruled by wizards, but the wizards where always noble people, until a girl from the poor side came in the picture. Now she was planning on finishing the second book on this trip (even though she was at the middle) than go on to the next. She just got to something interesting when some boy walked in with all his things. Great.

Symona watched as the boy began to introduce himself and talk. He was pretty talkative. She waited until he finished his story. While doing that, the girl examined him. He was... pretty over weight. And what was that with the whole 'my name isn't English or German, it's Norwegian'? The boy probably had something against what in means in those languages. If it English, it's probably mean something odd, because that's how his name started. But what meant mund? Maybe the name is a mix from German and English... Why didn't she know any German? Maybe she should have studied it, along with her other languages. For now she'll think that it has the same first letter... English words starting with M: mud, mushroom, make, maiden, marker, movie, maybe, mouth, mirror, miracle.... The last one, along with mouth seemed most likely.

Noticing that the boy had asked to sit here, she sighed. It would be ride to say no. Plus her mum did say for her to make friends. Now she can't move to another school, it'll be the same like this for seven years. Meaning that she has to have some friend. Because this guy seemed good enough, she nodded. " Yes, you can take a seat." She said. Now its probably time to answer to everything he had said. She put her cat down so it doesn't bother her and put the book aside, because usually she'd start reading even if it's only for a second. "Well, I'm Symona. And I wasn't really asking from where it's from.." Ok, that maybe had sounded rude. Let's try this and hope it'll fix that "But mine is Bulgarian. Well, I think it's originally Italian or Arabic? Not sure, there are a lot of fights for that. But the meaning stays the same. Good listener." Why was she talking so much? Maybe it'd lime that when the first time you meet someone who could be your friend for the first time. Because she usually meets her other friends from a school project or the are just using her for homework. "Thanks. For both cat and book. And the cover is usually there to help sum up what's in the book or give you an idea what's inside. Because I doubt they'd put, let's say pants on a fantasy book. Unless it's about magical walking pants who preforms magic." A joke. She just put out a joke. This was interesting. "While we are on books, have you read our subject books yet? I did and they are really nice and interesting! " And her normal words that either will make someone like her or hate her were out. Now she'll see if this guy cares if he's friends with a nerd. "But yeah, it's nice! Better than the other ones I saw, plus it's in the middle of the boat." She said all matter-of-factly.
Back to top Go down
Oddmund Hansen
Second Year
Second Year
Oddmund Hansen

My Character

PostSubject: Re: What do you want? (Oddmund)   What do you want? (Oddmund) EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 1:46 pm

While Oddmund was listening to the girl, he unpacked one of his trunks and took a sandwich from its depths. "Nice name," he said and took a bite from the sandwich. "It's great when people are good listeners. So I hope your personality matches your name." Oddmund took another bite and continued, his speech a bit less understandable because of all the food in his mouth, "I like to tell people stuff!"

The Symona commented on talking with a full mouth, and Oddmund fell silent for a while, chewing his sandwich. He continued only when there was no food in his mouth, "I wrote a story about pants when I was a kid. Although they didn't perform magic. Although they were able to move by themselves and were sentient. Unfortunately, there was no proper cover." Oddmund took girl's words about pants seriously, since he considered the magical pants idea great when he was 9. "Unfortunately, my parents didn't like it much. They told me I did well, of course, but I saw through their lies." His face became sad for a moment, but then it went back to normal again.

"No, sorry, haven't read them yet," Oddmund replied to Symona's question about school books. "I like to write books more than to read them. I'll give these ones a try if you say they are nice. Well, like a have choice here.." He wasn't excited that much about school books. Oddmund would prefer to study something like Literature, Drama, and Arts instead, like his mother did at Beauxbatons. "Okay. I have a choice not to read them. But I don't like the consequences of it. So I'll read them anyway." He sighed and asked with a faint hope in his voice, "They are interesting, right?"
Back to top Go down
Symona Angelova
Second Year
Second Year
Symona Angelova

My Character

PostSubject: Re: What do you want? (Oddmund)   What do you want? (Oddmund) EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 11:38 am

Why do people seem to love to talk with a mouth full of food? Everyone around her seemed to do it, even her own grand mother! And it annoyed the girl very much - not only was it down right rude, but it also gave a pretty good chance for someone to choke. Just because they are talking. Symona even thinks she has some kind of disorder, like OCD, because when she hears someone chewing slightly loud, the girl gets some unpleasant feeling inside of her. And the urge to hit that person or at least yell. Yep, she was strange at times. And she knew it.

The girl listened to Oddmund and patiently waited for him to finish while analysing what he says. She loved to analyse things. And always did. Now she had made it like a hobby to search around the room from where she could exit if something ever happens, like a fire or an attack. Which was good, as some people had said. Some people, of course, meant the guys on National Geographic Channel and such. Because she was one of the few kids her age to actually watch that - except her last class at her last school - they were cool. But still to loud for Symona to talk. But from there she still had her two best friends, so it was something.

Oddmund finished his talking, which basically meant that it was now time for her own. She thought it best to ignore whatever he had said with his mouth full, gifts because she ain't 100% sure if she heard him correctly, but also because the conversation didn't need to continue. "That's... interesting. Well, it does really seem such. Than again, it depends on what happens inside the story." She shook her head. She noticed how Oddmund turned sad when he talked about his parents. Maybe they could get along...

She nodded when he spoke about the school books. "Yeah, I like to write also. Not sure if I prefer to write or read, maybe both depending on what goes on?" She smirked slightly at the whole 'choice to read the books' thing. The girl still didn't trust him enough to smile or laugh so her famous smirk was good enough for him. "Well, they where interesting for me! Magic is really amazing! And doing it must seem fun..." she shrugged.
Back to top Go down
Oddmund Hansen
Second Year
Second Year
Oddmund Hansen

My Character

PostSubject: Re: What do you want? (Oddmund)   What do you want? (Oddmund) EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 5:17 pm

When Oddmund's mind wasn't occupied with putting words into sentences, he always tried to do something productive instead of just sitting still and listening. So he shoved his hand into one of his trunks and got a box of muggle pills. "Vitamin D," he explained. "People usually get lots of it from the sun, but in not so sunny countries like, for example, Norway, it's better to find some other sources. That's what my mother says." Oddmund took a pill and handed another one to Symona, "Do you want one?"

"As for the pants' story, it was a story about pants whose owner was a coward who always got them wet when there was even the tiniest bit of danger around. The pants didn't like this kind of treatment and decided to leave the man," Oddmund made a short pause, which intended to be extremely dramatic. It was a such a betrayal after all, it needed a dramatic pause. "But as the pants ran away, they were caught by an evil monster," he told in some kind of a spooky voice. "But the man needed his pants and he started looking for them. Finally, he meet the monster, but he wasn't afraid and managed to defeat it and get the pants back. Since that moment, the man was always brave and the pants were always dry." Happy end.

"The moral of the story is that one can act differently when stakes are high and when he or she fights for what they love," Oddmund explained. "Maybe the metaphor isn't that perfect, but I was nine, so don't judge me. I'm a much better writer now." Oddmund was secretly proud of this story. Such a character development! Magic, betrayal, fights, and reunion. He had a feeling that parents didn't like it though.

"So, you have a cat, right?" Oddmund suddenly changed the theme. He liked cats and he wanted to know more about this one. Maybe he could even get a chance to pet it. "What's its name? Can I take it? Will it sit on my lap?" Oddmund looked around to locate the cat and take it without waiting for the girl's reply, but he didn't see it. "Wait. Where is it?" Oddmund looked at the compartment door, that he forgot to close. He thought he knew the answer.
Back to top Go down
Symona Angelova
Second Year
Second Year
Symona Angelova

My Character

PostSubject: Re: What do you want? (Oddmund)   What do you want? (Oddmund) EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 4:02 pm

Symona watched as the boy took out some pills. Was he sick? But from a closer look at it proved her wrong. It had the words 'Vitamin D' on it. Does this boy have small contact with the sun? Maybe. Who knew! And than he began to talk. His last sentence made him sound slightly as someone who only listened to what their mum's say. She hoped he wasn't such, those people usually annoyed her. "No thanks. I usually don't go out much in the sun anyways, unless sitting by a window reading a book counts. And until now I haven't gotten sick from that. But still, thanks for offering. " she shrugged. She wasn't one to be worried if she says no to something. The girl didn't even care what all the people she met thought about her, why change now?

While listening carefully to his story, the girl resisted the urge to roll her eyes at his more than often dramatic pauses. And his weird change of voice into something more spooky. At the end of his explanation, she nodded. "It seems interesting. But it's quiet unusual for some people. Maybe your parents are more... How to say, shallow - minded? Not that I want to insult them. Plus, for a nine year old, the story is interestingly made!" She shrugged again. How often does she shrug? Probably more than one should. Eh, whatever, it'll turn into another mark of hers, like her smirk.

Than the boy explained the moral. It actually seemed pretty good. Maybe not perfectly put out but it worked well. Thinking for while, which actually is not more than ten seconds for Symona, she spoke up again. "It's alright. But maybe change the structure of the moral. Something like 'When one fights for love and the stakes are high, one can simply amaze you' Ok, maybe the last part still needs to be thought over but it works! "

She noticed some pride in the boys eyes and resisted another urge to rise her eyebrows. Which made her thinking about something. Why are some people talanted enough to rise just one eyebrow? Then only way Symona noticed she can do it is if she half closes her other eye and the girl was positive that wasn't they way. But when she asked, all she got was that it was as easy as whistling. But she can't do that either! She tried all ways but it never worked... And it sucked for her.

Before her train of thought turned bigger and bigger, Oddmund asked her something. It was about her cat. And it's name. Also if he can pet it. Of course, she couldn't even open her mouth when he asked her where is it. "It should be near. It's name is Bastet. Bast for short. And it will sit if you don't move much. But yeah you can ta- Wait, where is she really?" She had looked around and saw her nowhere! Her eyes quickly scanned around - the window, chairs, floor, door, table.... Wait, the door! The idiot gad left it open! Face palming herself, she quickly cursed in Bulgarian. Calming down, she talked. "You left the door open..." she shook her head so she wouldn't go into a lecture about what an idiot he was. But it would take time. And anything could happen until than. "Come on, we are going to search. " she said, not caring if he doesn't want to or not. He started it in the first place, he'll help fix the mess. So the girl stood up and began to walk towards the door.
Back to top Go down
Oddmund Hansen
Second Year
Second Year
Oddmund Hansen

My Character

PostSubject: Re: What do you want? (Oddmund)   What do you want? (Oddmund) EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 5:19 pm

Oddmund shook his head in disappointment when the girl declined his generous offer. "Suit yourself," he said, and took the second pill himself, since he was sure that there was no such thing as "too much vitamins." "Well, I suggest that we go out sometimes at Durmstrang. I heard that the scenery looks great there! Sitting by a window allows you to watch it as well, but I think it's not the same. Anyway, I think we should check school surroundings," Oddmund commented on Symona's activities, that tended to be more indoors ones. "It's always better to have a good company when you go somewhere." Oddmund had always considered himself a "good company", and he had the same opinion about Symona.

"You know, you're, like, the only person who got this story. Got the idea, I mean," Oddmund said to his potential best Durmstrang friend. "I think it's because you probably read more books than both of my parents combined, and you have some story experience." He fell silent for a moment, thinking of all the opportunities that this story experience could give. "Have you ever thought about becoming a literature critic?"

"Bastet. Sounds pretty godly," Oddmund said, looking forward to petting the cat. And then Symona discovered it had disappeared. Detective time! Investigations! Oddmund knew it was actually his fault, and the situation was pretty unpleasant, but it could be an interesting adventure after all. He left the compartment quickly and walked to the door of a neighbor one. Oddmund knocked, opened it, and asked people inside, pretending to be a Magical Law Enforcement officer, "This is detective Hansen, MLE, and I need you to answer a few questions!" The door was immediately shut right in front of Oddmund's face. He gave the door a nasty look, turned to Symona, and said, "I think they are hiding something. Should we intimidate them? We can also try the good cop / bad cop routine, I heard it works well." This investigation was a lot of fun for Oddmund. He knew that the cat would't be able to leave the ship anytime soon, so he wasn't that much worried.
Back to top Go down
Symona Angelova
Second Year
Second Year
Symona Angelova

My Character

PostSubject: Re: What do you want? (Oddmund)   What do you want? (Oddmund) EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 9:55 am

Saryana rose her eyebrows slightly when he took yet another vitamin but shrugged it off. It was his choice if he would be taking to much medicaments than normal. So she can't be to blame if he gets sick or something. Or she thought so. That was the logical side of that. But than he began to talk about going outside. And watch the school. "I guess the view would be good. Although it really is just a vies, not something that interesting. Okay, it is interesting and... I'm going nowhere with this...: she shook her head. Oddmund said something about company. "Maybe. I don't know. Never had someone for any kind of company..." she said, trailing of slightly at the end. Than she added. "Not that I really need it anyways."

"Really? I'd of thought that more people would understand it..." she said, not hiding her confusion. Although the story line was unusual to some part, at least you can easily spot what the author is trying to do. In this case the author is Oddmund. Which made her think that maybe he hadn't written it much well or something. Maybe. Yet even when you make a quick revision or however the word was, you still could understand it. Which left the option that the people he gave it to to read it weren't smart or people in his country just don't look at things the same way here. Oh well, she'll see later on.

Just than Oddmund gave another option. That she had read much. It's true, she really did read a lot of books from a kid. But more than both of his parents? Combined? Hardly... But she still did mutter out a "Maybe" to him. She listened to his other sentence afterwards. "A literature critic? Not really... I was thinking more along the lines of becoming a lawyer or doctor really. Maybe write in my free time... I also could do something wizards do." She said. The girl loved to think about her future and had Plan A, B and C for it. Okay, maybe not that much. But she will.

Symona ignored what he said about Bastet being godly. She wasn't in the mood for it. Not now, when her cat was missing. Than she heard Oddmund knock on the door of someone. What the hell did he tell them... "За бога..."(Oh god/Oh My God) the girl muttered while she face palms herself. He couldn't be serious! She sighed even more at what he told her. The girl shook her head. "Oddmund, anyone and probably everyone would close the door like that in your face if you say that! They aren't hiding anything! If you want to play police, try to look for clues or something to where the cat may go... What did English speakers say... If you were a cat, where would you go!" She said, trying her best not to sound much rude. Although he was an idiot, he seemed to be a good friend and it would be nice to have some kind of friend. Plus she would help him not be a fool all the time and stop him from embarrassing himself. Like good friends do, right?
Back to top Go down
Oddmund Hansen
Second Year
Second Year
Oddmund Hansen

My Character

PostSubject: Re: What do you want? (Oddmund)   What do you want? (Oddmund) EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 12:43 pm

When Symona showed no enthusiasm in walking and enjoying the Nordic nature, Oddmund decided to stop pushing her to it. At least for now. This dialogue would be more productive if she saw how magnificent the scenery was. Oddmund knew if only from pictures, but since his first glance on them, he was determined to walk around and enjoy it as much as possible, and maybe even write a Norse-inspired story. Well, he already wrote several, but it was pretty long ago, and, in his opinion, his talent progressed greatly since that time.

Oddmund's stories could be considered "generally well received", because his parents spoke highly of them. But the parents actually didn't read his stories: Oddmunds's father was too busy with his work, and his mother would better read some yoga magazine. And since his parents haven't read any of his works, they didn't talk about them with Oddmund, not to reveal this. So Oddmund had an opinion that his parents just didn't get any of his ideas, and he was really glad that he was able to talk to Symona a bit. Lawyer or doctor, ppff. These definitely wasn't options for any interesting person. Artist, writer, director, composer - these were the real jobs for capable people.

Oddmund shook his head as Symona told him that everyone would probably close the door in front of him. "No, it's not right. I gave people a chance to help us and have fun with it, and they neglected it." Even if those students had nothing to hide, they were strange and deserved some uncomfortable MLE interrogation. And then Symona got one of the best ideas ever: to catch a cat Oddmund should think like a cat. That was a common MLE routine, and characters used this trick in many criminal stories. How could Oddmund forget about it? To his luck, he had Symona with him.

"To catch a cat I need to become a cat," Oddmund said a bit dramatically. It was the final stage of the "think like a cat, act like a cat, be a cat" cat-catching sequence. He didn't mean it literally, he wasn't an animagus after all, but he could try his best at doing it in a metaphorical way. Cats loved empty carton boxes and sunlight spots on the floor, but it was pretty difficult, if not impossible, to find any of it on this ship, so he needed another plan. "Come on, we need to get to the gun deck!" Oddmund said to Symona and grabbed her hand. In case his idea sounded a bit strange, he explained, "Well, cats are pretty illogical by human standards, right? Oh, and do we have a gun deck here?" To say the truth, Oddmund didn't need to "be a cat" to be illogical.
Back to top Go down
Symona Angelova
Second Year
Second Year
Symona Angelova

My Character

PostSubject: Re: What do you want? (Oddmund)   What do you want? (Oddmund) EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 5:35 pm

Symona was glad when he didn't continue to talk about the view at Durmstrang and walking around to see it. Although part of her said that he probably still would continue to press the subject, she wasn't really worried. It surely would be later on in her life at this school and than she would have an argument on why views are not that big of a fuss as people try to make them. Well, that was how she saw things. Some people would be quick to judge but she thought things such as feelings to be slightly... unneeded. And along with that - the amazement people get from the so called views. Overall, she looked at things from a logical, more listening to your head point of view. The only view that she actually likes.

The girl noticed that Oddmund looked bewildered slightly by the fact that she would want to be a lawyer. And that wasn't the normal reaction that she would get. Normally she'd get a 'Wow, really? You surely will have much success! ' whenever she shares with someone her dreams. Than again, she always told it to adults. Mostly because she doesn't communicate with people her age much. So maybe normal eleven year old thought that becoming a doctor or lawyer was something more... different and weird. That or this guy had an interesting and opposite of hers thoughts.

Symona face palmed again. A chance to help... Yes, you gave them a big chance! Sighing, she began to talk."Oddmund, if you want someone to help, you don't walk into their cabin, pretending to be a detective and say 'I want to ask you a few questions'! In fact, you should simply knock on their door, ask if the seen a cat and than ask if they wish to help or not..." she shook her head at him. How could some people be so foolish? Does their brain function differently or something? Sadly this wasn't something that you could just search in Uncle Google, as Bulgarians love to say. Another sigh went out from her mouth.

Than Oddmund said that he needed to become a cat. Great, she gave him a idea. She remembered reading about animagus in her text books. Half of her expected him to turn into a cat before her eyes but the other half knew that was impossible. Listening to her second side, she face palmed herself slightly again. Than Oddmund asked for a gun board. Yay, another face palm from Symona ' s side.  This must be a day when she must do that lovely action much. Sighing, she listened to his other sentence. Or two of them. Deciding not to tell him that he isn't really illogical, she began. "Basing off the fact that this is in fact not a war ship but a travel one, I don't they'd have a gun deck."

She shook her head and began to think. He actually had part of a point. Cats weren't that logical. Otherwise hers wouldn't be climbing over her wardrobe, on the cupboards in the kitchen and where else not! Meaning that the cat could be anywhere really. Which sadly didn't help that much. But still, some places would be off of her list. If the cat was thirsty, hungry, tired... Hungry! Of course! Because Symona was in a hurry to get here, the cat hadn't eaten all day. "Do you know where the ship holds the food?" She asked, having a slight smile over her face but she didn't even notice it.

Last edited by Symona Angelova on Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Oddmund Hansen
Second Year
Second Year
Oddmund Hansen

My Character

PostSubject: Re: What do you want? (Oddmund)   What do you want? (Oddmund) EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 4:33 pm

In response to Symona's advice about knocking and asking politely, Oddmund shook his head. "That is what boring adults do. I mean, all cool adults, like detectives, agents, and other noticeable characters, never do this. And kids should never do this if they don't want to grow up boring as well," he explained. "People need to be cool since their childhood. I read enough stories to know what an intereseting person should be like, and I also wrote lots of them, so I have experience in dealing with some situations in my own unique way." Oddmund smiled proudly, and added, "And I don't want to end up like my mom and dad." Writers lived very interesting lives, in his opinion: they had fans, and publishers, and editors. And sometimes secret societies tried to make them quiet, because they revealed some secrets in their books. Painters and musicians were good as well.

"Anyway, if those people don't want to play detectives, they probably won't be much of a help. Really good detectives never miss a single chance to solve a case," Oddmund said confidently. "And amateurs might be more of a distraction for us." Of course, Symona and he were great investigators. Lawyer and doctor weren't such interesting jobs, but law and medical knowledge could be very useful in crime solving.

Oddmund shook his head again when Symona mentioned that travel ships didn't usually have a gun deck. "That's not very good. I heard there are lots of pirates in these seas, even nowadays. And there are some pirate lords, who can control sea monsters and things like that!" he said to his detective companion. "I don't think they really exist, I find this nonsense quite hard to believe. But if there is at least one percent chance of it being true, I wouldn't risk and put some good cannons on every ship." Moreover, ship cannons were cool, and so were ship battles. Oddmund was just sure of it, despite he had never been on a ship before.

"The food itself is probably stored in the hold, at the very bottom of the ship, but some of it should also be in the kitchen. It's called "the galley", if I'm not mistaken," Oddmund replied and shrugged. And then he thought he understood Symona's idea. "Is your cat hungry?" Not being an expert on ships, Oddmund didn't know where the galley was located, so he now relied mostly on Symona's erudition. But checking the whole ship wasn't such a big problem, it was probably more interesting than sit in a cabin anyway. It could even give Oddmund some inspiration for his future stories.
Back to top Go down
Symona Angelova
Second Year
Second Year
Symona Angelova

My Character

PostSubject: Re: What do you want? (Oddmund)   What do you want? (Oddmund) EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 2:44 pm

Symona sighed at the boy. How can someone be so foolish? She shook her head. She was about to say something when he said that he didn't want to end up like his parents. The girl frowned at that. Does the boy have problems with his parents? Well, it couldn't be like her parents - a father she never knee and a mum who had her flaws. Much flaws. After a quick thought over everything she said "I know how it is to... Not have the perfect parents. And not wanting to be like them. I guess it's good if you try to be different... But you also have to have in mind what us right and wrong... And even if agents do such, last time I checked you're a student at Durmstrang so you still have to wait until you go on missions like Agent 007 does."

Symona sighed again. Part of her was ready to bet - something she never does - that this was a joke of some kind. But the rest of her wasn't stupid to believe that. "In case you haven't noticed, we aren't really... You know what, never mind." She was about to say something like they weren't really professional detectives as well but than went against it. It may be... well, fun. Everyone she met always tell her to have more fun. They probably didn't mean to pretend to be a detective in the search of a runaway cat but this worked.

She rose her eyebrows. Pirates? Really? She swallowed down a chuckle at began to explain. "Oddmund trust me, there surely isn't even a one percent of a chance for pirates. And surely not ones that control sea monsters... And let's say that they did - we are on a ship full of wizards! If we are even near an attack, the elder will just cast a few spells and be done with it! Plus when we put in that we shall study both Dark Arts and Defence of Dark Arts at this school, I would consider that we are safe. There also is the fact that is a wizard needed a Canon, they most likely would just wave their wand and one would appear, ready for use!" She explained, giving out a pretty good case.

"The bottom?" She asked quickly. Than he asked if her cat was hungry. "Yes, I think. Well, of course she is! Bast haven't eaten anything all morning, we were in a hurry to get ready. It isn't easy to find this ship, you know. Anyways, as I said, she hadn't gotten to eat. I myself hardly had anything..." she explained. So the galley, he says... Her lips curved into a smile. "Well, let's hey going!" She said, trying to ignore the part that her voice seemed to be like those when you go on an adventure. She began to walk, hoping that Oddmund was following her around the ship, trying to find some stairs below or a part of a tail.
Back to top Go down
Oddmund Hansen
Second Year
Second Year
Oddmund Hansen

My Character

PostSubject: Re: What do you want? (Oddmund)   What do you want? (Oddmund) EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 11:27 am

When Symona mentioned her not perfect parents, Oddmund felt really bad for her. He wanted to hug the girl, but then decided not to. Symona seemed serious, and she could probably kick the boy for that, so Oddmund decided not to tempt fate and just nodded awkwardly. Despite the girl spoke just like his parents, Oddmund thought he understood her better now and even admitted that she could possibly be right in some of her ideas.

Seconds later, Symona indeed proved that she could be very logical and most likely right. Her arguments about pirates and defense measures seemed flawless. She probably knew more about ships and pirates than him. Was Bulgaria a cool pirate country? Or was it just her name that was Bulgarian? Could she grow up somewhere on the Caribbean isles? Or could she just read it all in books? There was so many questions, but they all could wait, cat's fate was at stake now. So Oddmund just nodded and said, "Yeah, I think you're right," without asking anything. He decided not to be too curious because "curiosity killed the cat", as some people say. And that wasn't the outcome Oddmund wanted, considering they were searching for a cat.

It was terrible that the girl hadn't eaten all day. Oddmund felt sorry for her and offered his help, "You know, I have some food with me in the cabin. It wouldn't be a problem for me to run there and get you something. I have a fish sandwich and a chicken sandwich, I think. As well as some sparkling cherry water. You need to eat to stay active, productive, and healthy!" When Symona officially announced the start of the adventure with her pretty daredevil-esque "Let's get going", Oddmund immediately followed her, since most of the coolest escapades had always started with phrases like this.
Back to top Go down
Symona Angelova
Second Year
Second Year
Symona Angelova

My Character

PostSubject: Re: What do you want? (Oddmund)   What do you want? (Oddmund) EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 9:42 am

Symona nodded when Oddmund offered her some food. "Thanks really but I also have some food. And I don't really want you to lose your part of your food just because I'm hungry! Plus I hate fish anyways. But thanks!" She said. "Plus I'm used to not eating that much, I tend not to like most foods. So I can go of until we find my cat." She explained quickly before walking off, searching through where they shall go first. Her stomach grumbled quietly to her but she ignored it, putting find Bast in front plan. Eating could wait. Now other stuff were much more important that some foolish human need!

Walking around the ship, trying to be more away from people, the girl turned to Oddmund. "Try to find some stairs down, I guess they should lead to where we are going to!" She said before looking herself for such stairs. Oh how much easier this would have been with a map, or even the knowledge of some kind of Magic! Even though the girl had read through every subject book they had for the year, she still hadn't done any spell as they weren't allowed to do that, if she had remembered correctly.

Soon Symona found some stairs. "Lets try from here!" She stated before walking down them. She always was very quick on stairs and she was down them in the matter if seconds. Although she wasn't at all a fast runner, she can climb stairs both up and down very quickly. Waiting for Oddmund, she continued though the hall. More rooms.... "Lets go down the hall and see where it leads! Who knows were Bast may have gone..." she stated and continued in. After a few turns left and right, she gave up on these corridors. "Obviously she isn't here..." she shook her head and decided to go back. "Lets go back the same way..." she sighed sadly and turned.
Back to top Go down
Oddmund Hansen
Second Year
Second Year
Oddmund Hansen

My Character

PostSubject: Re: What do you want? (Oddmund)   What do you want? (Oddmund) EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 3:07 pm

When Symona mentioned that she would go without food until they find her cat, Oddmund nodded, appreciating her concern about Bast. That was how responsibility and care really looked like: sacrificing the pleasure of eating to save someone you are attached to. Oddmund even started thinking about writing a story with a similar plot: someone did something ignoring her hunger and prevailed, while the people who decided to eat encountered big problems. That would be a great story with a good moral: priority is important, being selfish is bad, ice-cream makes you fat.

Constantly looking around is search of some cats, Oddmund followed his new friend downstairs. After a bit of walking, Symona decided to go back. "Okay, let's go back and check other places then, this part f the ship is creepy anyway," Oddmund said, turning around. "Good that I remember our way from the stairs! Follow me!" He started walking towards, as he thought, stairs up, hoping that Symona will follow. Sadly, Oddmund's memory wasn't that good when it came to any kind of topography, and after a couple of minutes he faced a dead end. "Ooops, sorry. That happens sometimes," the boy said guiltily. "We can always scream, you know. To get attention and to be saved, if things go terribly wrong." Not that Oddmund was going to scream, though, he just said it to make the situation look a bit more positive. Having a plan B was always useful, even if this plan was based solely on crying for help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you want? (Oddmund)   What do you want? (Oddmund) Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you want? (Oddmund)
Page 1 of 1