Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
New Words (Matthew) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
New Words (Matthew) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
New Words (Matthew) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
New Words (Matthew) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
New Words (Matthew) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
New Words (Matthew) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
New Words (Matthew) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
New Words (Matthew) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
New Words (Matthew) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
New Words (Matthew) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
New Words (Matthew) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
New Words (Matthew) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
New Words (Matthew) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
New Words (Matthew) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
New Words (Matthew) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

New Words (Matthew)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Derek Lawrence
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect
Derek Lawrence

My Character
::
Activity: Ravenclaw - Year 4, Madam Puddifoot's Employee

New Words (Matthew) Empty
PostSubject: New Words (Matthew)   New Words (Matthew) EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 6:25 pm

Derek had been in his dormitory, neatly organising his books in alphabetical order. It had been a difficult feat - he had a lot of books. But he had managed it, and now he was tired of his dorm, so he had decided to leave and go outside, even though it was cold, raining, and it looked like there could be a huge storm any minute. He was a rebel like that. Risk taker. Yeah, he was practically a Gryffindor!

He ran as fast as he could down the stairs from his dorm. It wasn't very fast. They were steep stairs. They really needed a fun water ride to get down from the dorms, instead of dangerous, awkward stairs. The same with all the towers in the castle. Water rides were the best. When he felt the heat from the fire hit him in the main common room, he paused for a second, debating staying here where it was warm and dry. But that wouldn't be very risk-taker-y. So he walked around crowds of tall, stupid older students to get to the door.

What with the weather, he hadn't expected many students to be anywhere but the common room or the library, so he raised an eyebrow (a trick he'd learnt from a shopkeeper in Hogsmeade over summer) when he saw Matthew there. Matthew, the fire-obsessed, slightly less intelligent than him Slytherin in the Ravenclaw tower. What was with him? "Hi Matthew!" he beamed. "What are you doing?!"
Back to top Go down
Matthew Bennett
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Matthew Bennett

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: New Words (Matthew)   New Words (Matthew) EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 4:56 am

Seriously, how many towers were there in Hogwarts?! Obviously, dozens, and somehow Matthew had managed to discover every single one except for the one he was looking for. Ravenclaw tower! It was stupid really - how hard could it be to find a tower? Towers were massive pieces of architecture! It wasn't like a tower should be able to hide! Or maybe he was massively wrong, and there was no such thing as Ravenclaw tower. But no, he was sure that it was real! He'd heard people refer to it all over the place. Ravenclaw was at the top of the school. So how was Matthew somehow missing it?! Now, as Matthew climbed yet another set of stairs, he was starting to think of giving up. It wasn't worth it, really. If this one wasn't it, he would just wait - as horrible of an idea that was.

But then, something happened that made his entire face light up, and Matthew suddenly took off up the stairs two at a time, grinning widely. "Derek!!" he exclaimed loudly, his voice echoing off of the walls around him "Hi Derek! It's me, Matthew!" he said unnecessarily, finally reaching the other boy and bouncing excitedly in place. "I was looking for you!" he explained happily. "Only I must've been in twenty other towers before I found the right one! This is Ravenclaw Tower, isn't it? I guess it wouldn't matter, since I was just looking for you, but it still might be a huge disappointment. Ravenclaw is in a tower, isn't it? Anyway, I was looking for you because - er, because..."

Matthew really needed to learn how to stop rambling and get to his point. Which he'd already forgotten. Why had he been looking for Derek? He'd gotten all the way up here, but had gotten so lost in his search that he couldn't remember the reason! But then, it came to him. All at once! And he beamed again. "Oh yeah, because I learned a new word! An awesome new word and I know that you like words and all, and I never heard you use this one before, and I just had to tell you about it!" Now that he remembered, it seemed crazy that he'd forgotten. "It's apparently such a cool word that you aren't even supposed to say it until you're older. Mum says so. But I've been breaking the rules and using it anyway, because I don't think it's fair that older people get all the coolness and we don't."
Back to top Go down
Derek Lawrence
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect
Derek Lawrence

My Character
Activity: Ravenclaw - Year 4, Madam Puddifoot's Employee

PostSubject: Re: New Words (Matthew)   New Words (Matthew) EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 8:32 pm

Matthew was so weird. Derek liked him, but he predicted that the boy was going to fail all his school exams, run out of money and self-respect and end up living in his parents' basement feeding off cheap cereal. Because he was a bit weird and his future didn't look to promising to the Ravenclaw, who was certain he was going to be very successful himself. He just smiled a little uneasily. "Yeah, I know. You're quite hard to miss." With his loud, enthusiastic voice and crazy acts of random craziness, he was both fun and incredibly embarrassing to be around.

"Yeah, this is it," he nodded. "There are a lot of towers here. I guess it's easy to get lost." In the first few months of first-year, yes. Obviously after that Derek had found and remembered the various shortcuts which would help him to the places he needed to go, generally avoiding the difficult main staircases. Occasionally he'd find the odd not-at-all-useful random corridor but he knew his way around all the towers Matthew was confused about. "This is the best tower. It has the least stairs." Which made it easier to get to when you felt lazy and tired. Of course, it would be easier if the room wasn't even in a tower, but the dungeons or kitchens like Hufflepuff and Slytherin. Then you were going down stairs instead of up them.

He sighed impatiently when his friend took as long as humanly possible to get to the point. He just wanted to know what this big fiasco was about, for goodness sake! Finally, he got to the point, and Derek frowned. No way did Matthew know a word that he, the human dictionary, did not know. But he shrugged and waited. Because maybe, just maybe, it was some sort of London slang that a young Scottish boy would have no way of knowing. "Go on, then," he said eagerly. "I bet you a sickle I know it already!" Fairly safe bet. But then Matthew started to talk about how it was only for grown-ups, and he started to doubt himself. His ma had never banned any words or used any words that he didn't recognise either from the dictionary or as Scottish slang. Maybe his sickle wasn't so safe after all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Words (Matthew)   New Words (Matthew) Empty

Back to top Go down

New Words (Matthew)
Page 1 of 1