HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Sat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Sat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Fri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Mon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Sun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Sun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Mon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Wed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Tue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Mon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Sun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Share | 

Cheers for the Weekend [Colton]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin

My Character
::
Activity: Junior Undersecretary to the Minister of Magic

PostSubject: Cheers for the Weekend [Colton]   Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:51 pm

When the weekend came, Morgana had just finished eight months of working for the Ministry. She had barely had time to get used to her working hours when it had flown by her and she was closing in on Christmas time soon. She didn't really think too much about Christmas. After that one year at Hogwarts when they'd given presents, she'd basically stopped with them, except for her father, obviously. She had just bought his gift, though, and was done with Christmas shopping, like so many people seemed to be busy with.

It was in these times that Morgana found that she was actually happy that she didn't have close relationships to people. She didn't have to worry or rush about, and she could stay completely clear of Oxford Circus. Morgana would probably just buy her presents in Winchester anyways, but still, she had been to Oxford Street to buy Mordred's present, and it had been completely intolerable. People pushing everywhere, no ounce of respect for one another. Not that Morgana could talk, as she didn't really respect anyone. However, she definitely stayed clear of bumping into people; that would mean being in contact with them, and that was just despicable.

Now, she really only wanted to get home, but then she saw the pub called the Queen's Head. People had spoken about it in the ministry. Apparently, it was a pretty nice pub. And Morgana did like the beer that muggles brewed. It was almost so good that she suspected that magic was behind it. So she decided to walk in there. To her surprise, as she entered, she didn't regret her decision. There were quite a few people in there, but the music was low, and people were calm, and it was surprisingly decent.

She took a seat by the bar, between an insignificant guy and a vacant stool. She ordered her beer and took a nice, long sip from it. She had missed that taste. Must be a month or so since she had one. She looked at the barman. He was giving her a look. As if he wasn't sure if he'd served a minor or not. Morgana rolled her eyes at him, which obviously calmed him down. Stupid man. He should check ID on people he wasn't certain of. It was a nice pub. It'd only be too bad if they lost their alcohol lisence. She drank her beer slowly, enjoying every second of it, barely noticing when another person took the vacant stool.

Thanks to the amazing Jett!!

Slytherin Pride:

Back to top Go down
Colton White

PostSubject: Re: Cheers for the Weekend [Colton]   Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:59 am

Colton had nothing against Muggles. Not at all. In fact, he absolutely loved them. They were brilliant company, particularly because not one of them knew what Quidditch was, let alone watched it, let alone knew his face. So, after a long day of training and a particularly boring photo-shoot and interview with the Daily Prophet, which his publicist had absolutely insisted on while he was still in London, Colton didn't hesitate to retreat into Muggle London for the remainder of the day. Making sure to avoid the area near Diagon Alley as best he could, he spent a bit of time in some of the shops. Between practice and all of the traveling he'd been doing, he'd hardly gotten a chance to get gifts for his family for Christmas!

After weaving through the many shops scattered about London, Colton finally exited with a few bags full of items to take to his family. It was going to be a brilliant Christmas, because Colton was going to be going home for it this year! Last year, he hadn't been so lucky, and he knew that his family had been disappointed to have been missing a member of the family for Christmas dinner. Among the things that he'd purchased, he was particularly excited to give his sister the bronze dragon figurine that he'd found. Most of Colton's family worked with dragons, and his sister had a strange obsession with collecting Muggle representations of dragons. So naturally, he couldn't pass it up! Not that he had to worry about passing anything that he ever wanted up, ever again. He had more money than he could ever spend. But, despite that, Colton still had a tendency to be frugal.

Having finished his shopping, Colton decided that he'd head to one of the muggle pubs in the area. He didn't know anything about any of them, so he just settled on the closest one that he found. The Queen's Head. Sounded alright. Slipping inside, Colton took a seat at the bar next to a dark-haired girl. In a generally wonderful mood from finding presents for his family, and just from the Christmas atmosphere in general, he smiled at the girl as he took his seat and then waited for the barkeep to get around to him. "A Guinness please," he asked, having developed a taste for the dark beer since moving to Ireland. Then, as the barkeep began to walk away with his order, Colton called him back. "Oh, wait! You know what, put hers on my tab, too," he added, inclining his head toward the girl sitting next to him. Mostly because it was Christmas, and it was just nice to do things for other people around Christmas. And because this girl was some Muggle who had no idea that he was actually a rich Quidditch star, so he could leave this place afterward without the press wanting to interview him about his generosity. "Merry Christmas," he said to the girl with a smile, as a way of explanation.

Admin

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Cheers for the Weekend [Colton]   Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:06 am

The guy who sat down next to her gave her a smile, and Morgana honestly didn't know what to do about that, so she merely drank some more. The idea of a Guiness, though, made her regret her own decision of beer. Of course, Carling was not a bad brand, she liked that beer, but something about the darker ales were much more tempting. But she quickly discarded the idea. She could simply buy one for herself afterwards, if she could be bothered. Besides, the pubs in Drumnadrochit had some really good homebrewed beers. Part of the charm of villages, she supposed. She looked at the guy as he told the barkeep to put her own on his tab. Rich guy? Or just a nice guy? Either way, it was stupid. Morgana wouldn't exactly complain, but did he really expect her to thank him? He probably did. And with a lovely Merry Christmas to top it all. Morgana had to work to keep her face straight and not roll her eyes. "Merry Christmas," she said, her voice glum as she returned to taking another sip, half tipping the glass in his direction.

At least now she'd shown her courteousness and could drink without disturbances. Right? And even if society would frown upon it, why should she care? But for some incredulous reason, Morgana turned her face to him again. He looked familiar. And it didn't take more than that thought to have it register in her mind. Ah, he was that quidditch player. Here Morgana was, in the middle of the massive city of London, and the one person who buys her a drink is magical. What were the odds? Morgana didn't see it as a good thing. She loved magic, more than most people even, but at this very moment, she wouldn't want to talk about it. Of course, she could still just turn away and not talk to him. He might be offended, being a popular player and used to fame. But Morgana also saw a chance. A chance to talk to someone who didn't know that she was a witch. And for some reason, that idea was fairly tempting.

Morgana turned to look at him again. This time with an inspecting glance. She knew exactly what she could say to start a conversation, now she was only mulling whether or not to say it or to simply leave. But she wasn't done with her beer yet, and what if this guy was a smart one? She highly doubted it, given his profession, but there were always extraordinary people. "You're a far way from home, given your accent," she pointed out, betting he'd take up on that bait; he seemed much too social to pass up on a conversation, buying her beer and all.

Slytherin Pride:

Back to top Go down
Colton White

PostSubject: Re: Cheers for the Weekend [Colton]   Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:57 pm

The dark haired girl didn't respond at first, and then only with a short Merry Christmas as a way of thanks. It wasn't exactly the response that Colton expected, as he imagined most people would act a little more thankful to have a stranger pick up their tab. But he still didn't regret doing it - after all, if someone was so desolate, despite the cheer of the Christmas season, they could probably use a kind act from somebody. There was also the possibility that she thought he was trying to hit on her, considering they were in a bar and he'd bought her a drink. But he wasn't, and he didn't comment on her lack of enthusiasm. He just nodded and turned back to his own drink. Some might be disappointed by her lack of interest, but Colton was just happy to be somewhere where the person next to him didn't recognize him. He'd thought that by now, he'd be used to the recognition, but as it seemed it only got worse the longer that he played for Ireland. His face only became more recognizable.

So, if the girl beside him wasn't in the mood to talk, he certainly wasn't going to bother her. He'd wanted to do something nice for her, there was no need to annoy her now that he'd done it. But then, he heard her speak up from beside him, and turned to look at her as she talked. Her voice was strange - quiet and monotone, as though she was just stating a fact. Which, of course, she was, because she was right. It was just a bit strange, because even though she'd initiated a conversation, it didn't seem like she was actually interested. Maybe that was just her way, but Colton responded a bit more simply than he might have if she'd been a bit more enthusiastic. "Middlemarch, New Zealand," he told her, his answer short but his smile genuine. "That's where I'm from. But I live in Dublin, now. Hence the Guinness," he added good-naturedly.

Colton didn't bother trying to come up with an explanation for why he was in London. It wasn't like he could tell a muggle that he was there for a Quidditch match. If the girl asked, he'd come up with something. He had a mental list of muggle professions that would be able to appropriately explain his travel if he needed to resort to it. But there was no reason to bring it up unnecessarily. "And you? Do you live here in London?" he asked. She was clearly British by her accent. For a moment, he scrutinized her, trying to get a gauge on her age. But it was strangely difficult. She had a beer, but that didn't mean anything. The barkeep could have just not checked her. Judging purely by her appearance, he'd guess that she was a bit younger than him. Maybe eighteen or so. But her voice and facial expressions were hard to attribute to someone so young. "Oh, I didn't even introduce myself! I shouldn't be so rude! I'm Colton!" he said.

Admin

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Cheers for the Weekend [Colton]   Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:03 am

As the famous quidditch player, whom Morgana did not know the name of, did not persue the conversation after her retort, she decided that he was much less bothersome than most people were. Maybe he was too used to people talking to him due to his fame, and didn't mind some quiet himself. Anyway, this made him much more agreeable to Morgana than most people. Of course, most people knew to stay away from Morgana on her time off work. She didn't have friends amongst her colleagues, and she preferred it that way. The minister wasn't saying anything against it, and neither was the senior secretary, and those were the two people Morgana really had to respond to. So if they didn't complain, she knew she was doing her job right.

Morgana nodded as he said he was from New Zealand. She'd never been, and she had no real desire to go. She'd heard nature there was beautiful, and as she did really like nature, New Zealand should probably be a location for her, but it wasn't. She found beautiful spots where she needed to find them, and traveling all around the world wasn't something she was dying to do. She did notice his short reply. Morgana almost had to smirk. Had he been insulted by her lack of gratitude? Or was it just the fact that she'd put his own spirit down by being less than joyous? Ah, the meager minds of men. In his defense, he did recover quickly with the comment on Guinness. "I've heard New Zealand is quite the beauty," she said, her tone as monotone as ever. "And however good a Guinness on tap is, was it worth moving away?"

She wanted to ask him what he was doing in London. Of course, she obviously knew. Quidditch. But she was curious to see what his foolproofed alibi was. But when he asked her if she lived in London, she decided to drop it. It wasn't like she was overly intent on keeping a conversation going. "I don't live in London. I work here," she said calmly. "I live in Drumnadrochit. A village in Scotland." Morgana said it on purpose. Drumnadrochit to London was quite the commute. She hoped he'd ask just the right question. She herself was wondering if she'd lie and simply state that she had her own aeroplane or something. It wasn't unthinkable, despite her age. Or if she'd just let himself guess towards the truth. Colton White. That was his name. "Morgana," she said back, and took a drink. As her glass made contact with the bar again, she wondered how much longer this would be interesting. She had a feeling it wouldn't be long. Her interest was only kept for so long by humans. "So, Dublin. What brings you to London?" she finally asked in her flat voice.

Slytherin Pride:

Back to top Go down
Colton White

PostSubject: Re: Cheers for the Weekend [Colton]   Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:49 pm

I’ve heard new Zealand is quite the beauty. ”If I had a pound for every time someone’s said that to me, I’d be a millionaire.” Not that Colton wasn’t plenty rich in his own right. After he said it, he realized that it could have potentially come off as though he were irritated with the comment, which he wasn’t. ”I hope that didn’t sound rude,” he said the moment he realized – though, this girl didn’t seem to be the type to care, one way or another. Truthfully, he’d never met someone so distant right off the bat before. But to each their own – she hadn’t actually said or done anything rude herself yet. She was simply not very talkative. ”It is very beautiful. Much more attractive as a whole than Britain.” Colton shrugged. ”But, not everyone is suited to the same type of beauty, if that makes sense.”

Colton hesitated at the girl’s question, taking a moment to think about it before answering. Because it was the type of question he asked himself all the time. In the end, he looked over at her and nodded. ”Yes,” he replied simply, deciding that he’d spent too much breath already talking about something that this girl probably never wanted to hear in the first place. He wouldn’t bore her now with another long response. ”But not because of the Guinness,” he added quickly, looking down at his mug. The Guinness was good, but that wasn’t why he’d left home. He’d left home to find something bigger – to do something more. Something beyond where he’d grown up. And he had, and while fame wasn’t necessarily the most pleasant experience all the time, Colton was proud of what he’d accomplished. He wouldn’t give it up to go back home.

At first, it didn’t seem strange at all, when the girl said she only worked in London, but lived in Scotland. Because it was the sort of thing you got used to hearing, when half the people you knew could apparate wherever they’d like. But after a moment, the confusion kicked in, because the truth was that not everyone could apparate everywhere. Almost instantly, his mind worked the pieces together. What were the chances that he was sitting next to another wizard? That seemed highly unlikely. But, it also seemed unlikely that a muggle would manage a commute like that. Not wanting to assume in any case, he simply asked. ”Drumnadrochit – that’s more than a bit of a commute, isn’t it? How do you manage it?” It was a bit amusing, how her question seemed to mirror his, and he couldn’t help feeling a bit transparent when he answered. ”I travel for work a lot. I actually won’t be here much longer.”

Admin

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Cheers for the Weekend [Colton]   Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:41 pm

Morgana's eyebrows twitched upwards when he said he'd be a millionaire; wasn't he already? She noticed the change in his face when he looked as if she might've insulted her. Maybe he'd misinterpreted her reaction to his statement as her taking offense. She couldn't understand why. Morgana was proud of the village she grew up in, because she was proud of herself, and it always reminded her of a time when everything was simpler. In addition it gave her an excuse to go back to that time. Whenever she sat down in her couch next to her father, she always felt warm and content. And whenever she walked into the snakepit they'd built (well, Mordred had built with magic), she felt as if she was talking to her friends. It was like being normal, just not being normal with the things people usually though of as 'normal'. "It wasn't rude," she merely said, before listening to him talk about how it was beautiful. She didn't argue with him about 'Britain as a whole' either. After all, Britain had its beautiful views, but it definitely had its horribly disgusting sights as well.

Not everyone is suited to the same kind of beauty. Morgana couldn't agree more. Beauty is found in the eyes of the beholder. To some, snakes were disgusting. To Morgana, snakes were as adorable as puppies to others; Morgana didn't much like puppies. And Morgana wasn't much to the taste of anyone and vise versa. Colton had hit bullseye with that comment. She looked at him a bit closer. Since the beauty hadn't been enough to keep him, she suspected the place had simply become too small. Besides, if you lived in New Zealand, you were half a world removed from where most things happened. And if he'd wanted to make it big within his choice of sport, then staying in New Zealand was quite possibly not good enough to make the cut. "On a serious note, I should hope not," she said seriously. Not that it had to be specified. Morgana hadn't exactly been jolly and joking around before this point. "I have a strong suspicion that they sell Guinness on tap back in New Zealand."

Morgana took a deliberately long sip from her ale and gave a very slight shrug. So slight, it might be easily overlooked. "Actually, you'd be surprised by how short the commute is. You just need the right means of transport," she said, her voice bored. He was the safe sort. Not that this was bad for him, it just meant it'd be boring for her. And 'the right means of transport' obviously meant appration, but it could mean that she was just a high seated worker who had a private jet. It wasn't impossible. After all, she was the junior secretary to the minister. He was a world famous quidditch player. Nothing was impossible. She nodded, feigning curiosity, as if she didn't already know why. "Really? What do you do? And where are you going next?" Despite the feigned look of curiosity on her face, her voice still brought the idea that she was at all interested in what he had to say to a bare minimum. And this time, she honestly didn't think that whatever he came up with would be interesting. Maybe he'd prove her wrong, maybe not.

Slytherin Pride:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheers for the Weekend [Colton]   

Back to top Go down

Cheers for the Weekend [Colton]
Page 1 of 1