Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
The Coldest Story Ever Told (Matthew) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
The Coldest Story Ever Told (Matthew) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
The Coldest Story Ever Told (Matthew) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
The Coldest Story Ever Told (Matthew) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
The Coldest Story Ever Told (Matthew) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
The Coldest Story Ever Told (Matthew) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
The Coldest Story Ever Told (Matthew) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
The Coldest Story Ever Told (Matthew) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
The Coldest Story Ever Told (Matthew) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
The Coldest Story Ever Told (Matthew) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
The Coldest Story Ever Told (Matthew) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
The Coldest Story Ever Told (Matthew) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
The Coldest Story Ever Told (Matthew) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
The Coldest Story Ever Told (Matthew) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
The Coldest Story Ever Told (Matthew) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

The Coldest Story Ever Told (Matthew)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ridley Arrington
Third Year
Third Year
Ridley Arrington

My Character
::
Activity:

The Coldest Story Ever Told (Matthew) Empty
PostSubject: The Coldest Story Ever Told (Matthew)   The Coldest Story Ever Told (Matthew) EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 6:20 pm

Ridley did't mind being a Slytherin most of the time - destined for great things and all that - but when she was stuck in the common room, trying to get through the first chapter of her Potions book, and slowly freezing her way to an icicle level, she couldn't help but think Gryffindor wouldn't be so bad, after all.

There wasn't really anyone else besides her there, but she supposed it was because most sane people were still at dinner. Ridley loved her food, but this stupid chapter wasn't going to read itself, and as the last letter from her dad implied, the bar for her grades was set high.Ridley liked Potions as much as the next person, but she was a born procrastinator and by the time she'd convinced herself actually reading a bit was a good idea, it was alreafy dinner time and the deadline was tomorrow, goddamn it.

As she realised she'd been reading the same line for over two minutes, Ridley groaned loudly in fristration and smacked the book's covers closed. So much for dinner and studying, then
Back to top Go down
Matthew Bennett
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Matthew Bennett

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: The Coldest Story Ever Told (Matthew)   The Coldest Story Ever Told (Matthew) EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 10:28 pm

Matthew was, surprisingly, not a bad student. Most magic was pretty cool, and Matthew liked learning about it! It was cool to be able to make awesome potions and do awesome spells. He was going to keep learning things until he was at least as good as Ollie! Ollie had a two year head start on Matthew, and was cooler than him, but Matthew secretly thought that he was smarter. He was sure that he could catch up to his brother! He was already better than Ollie at the fire spell!

But right now, Matthew wasn't practicing the fire spell! Why bother practicing something that you were already the best at - of course, there were more powerful fire spells that he wanted to learn. But he was told that he wasn't old enough yet, which was no fair. Instead, Matthew was sitting in the common room in front of the fireplace, practicing the opposite of the fire spell. Matthew had to learn the water spell, now! "Aguamenti," he said again, and watched as a pathetic bit of water spurted from the end of his wand into the fireplace. It was supposed to be an awesome jet of water - one that could maybe even douse out the whole fire! Which would be fine because Matthew could just relight it again with his fire skills.

With a sigh, Matthew prepared himself to try again. He had to learn the water spell so that he could blast Ariadne whenever she got annoying! Because blasting people with fire was considered very bad. Blasting them with water was not very bad at all, and was even mildly amusing. But before he could do the spell again, he heard a book slam behind him and a loud groan. Turning around curiously, he saw that there was a first year girl sitting on the couch, and she seemed frustrated. But Matthew was older than her and probably knew more, so maybe he could help! "What's the matter with you?" he asked bluntly, bouncing to his feet and going to sit by her. "I'm Matthew, by the way! I'm a second year!" he said proudly. "So I can probably help you with anything that you need because I'm an expert on Hogwarts now."
Back to top Go down
Ridley Arrington
Third Year
Third Year
Ridley Arrington

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: The Coldest Story Ever Told (Matthew)   The Coldest Story Ever Told (Matthew) EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 6:52 am

Ridley nearly jumped out of her (not entirely comfortable) seat when someone suddenly spoke up. She'd probably been to concentrated on not actually being concentrated to notice the boy. Well, it didn't really matter anymore, she figured, since he had imposed his presence already. Did 'what's the matter with you?' translate to 'what's your problem?'? Stupid Brits. "It's just this chapter, look! Dad said I've gotta be prepared for the first class, so...", Ridley replied, shrugging at the end and waving her Potions book to the boy, who was now sitting next to her on the couch.

What was it with older people and being better? Like she didn't get enough of that with Conroy back at home. Though it wasn't like there was anything for him to be better at, now. That thought made Ridley feel slightly less annoyed with the world and she decided to make the best of the situation. At least she wasn't freezing on her own, anymore. She moved around a bit on the couch so she was sitting across Matthew. Okay, maybe he could actually help her, with him being a second-year and all that. "I'm Ridley and I'm obviously a newbie. Could you help me get some of this stuff in my head?", she said, pointing to the book.

She really hoped Matthew was a good teacher besides 'an expert on Hogwarts'. After all, she had a dad to not dissapoint and a brother to beat at the favourites game, and if she didn't learn proper magic, how was she suppossed to do that? Besides, she'd better not be missing dinner for nothing.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Bennett
Slytherin Prefect
Slytherin Prefect
Matthew Bennett

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: The Coldest Story Ever Told (Matthew)   The Coldest Story Ever Told (Matthew) EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 1:06 pm

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you," Matthew said instantly, though he didn't really mean it at all. Well, he meant that he hadn't intended to, but he wasn't sorry. It was pretty funny, and he didn't bother to hide his laughter at her miniature moment of distress. "You mean you're reading your book before class?" he asked her, a slightly judgmental tone to his voice. Because who did that? "You're like my friend Derek. He's really smart and knows long words. But he's a Ravenclaw, so he's supposed to read all the time." Slytherins weren't supposed to read all the time. But this girl was, so why wasn't she in Ravenclaw? Whatever, if she wanted to be a rebel and purposely act like she belonged in a different house, who was he to judge?

Matthew was kind of being a hypocrite, actually. Because he spent plenty of his time at the library, reading. But only reading things that he wanted to learn about, like fire spells, and now water spells - and maybe spells that could keep Ariadne ten feet away from him at all times. And he did study - but never before class. But a younger student was in need! And it was Matthew's responsibility, as a second year, to help her! And he was alright at potions, so he was sure he could handle helping a first year with something he'd already done. "Yeah, I can help you," he responded proudly, as though being able to help was a huge accomplishment. Because it was. Because he wasn't a ravenclaw and it wasn't his business to talk about class outside of class. But if she wanted to act like a ravenclaw, then so could he!

"What do you need help with, anyway? It's been ages since I've been through that book." It hadn't really been ages. Not more than a few months really. But it sounded cooler if he said ages. And it had been a while since he'd been through the first chapter. He couldn't even remember what the first chapter was about.
Back to top Go down
Ridley Arrington
Third Year
Third Year
Ridley Arrington

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: The Coldest Story Ever Told (Matthew)   The Coldest Story Ever Told (Matthew) EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 10:42 am

Matthew didn't look sorry. In fact, he looked pretty amused, so Ridley glared at him until he'd kindly stop giggling. "Yeah, well, my dad used to be a Ravenclaw, so he's picky about school stuff like that.", she defended herself. It wasn't like she'd sit down reading her Potions book (and miss dinner, who even does that) out of her own free will, so Matthew could quit it with the accusing tone. This evening was getting progressively worse. "That's a stereotype!", Ridley stated, proud of her own long and useful word. "People aren't suppossed to do anything - everyone should just do what they want!" Not that she wanted to read and be Ravenclaw-y, but still. Stereotyping (was that even a word?) was very, very dangerous and Matthew should probably be educated while young, unless he had the particularly interesting death wish to be killed by wild feminists.

Ridley sighed in relief when Matthew agreed to help her. So maybe she wasn't going to wind up being a huge disgrace to the name of all living Arringtons. Better yet, Conroy would see her majestic Potions powers and be undeaniably jealous. Right, Ridley could probably stop gloating in her head now and actually get to the point.

She opened her book on the page she'd been reading before and pointed to a bulletpoint in the chapter, "I'm having trouble with the uses of the Shrivelfig?" Rid said like it was a question, hoping Matthew knew what that was, because she sure didn't. The picture was pretty vague, too. What kind of plant looked like that, anyway? "It's suppossed to be in the first potion I get to make in class or something."

Ridley fiddled with her fingers while Matthew was looking through the book. Wow, the bright green nailpolish had already chipped off at the tips on her nails. Maybe she'd add another coat of it later and maybe one day she'd be able to do her nails magically. Yeah, well, first things first - that Shrivelfig info wasn't going in her head on its own.

OOC - read:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Coldest Story Ever Told (Matthew)   The Coldest Story Ever Told (Matthew) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Coldest Story Ever Told (Matthew)
Page 1 of 1