Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Junior Undersecretary Gaunt [Lucy] EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Junior Undersecretary Gaunt [Lucy] EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Junior Undersecretary Gaunt [Lucy] EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Junior Undersecretary Gaunt [Lucy] EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Junior Undersecretary Gaunt [Lucy] EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Junior Undersecretary Gaunt [Lucy] EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Junior Undersecretary Gaunt [Lucy] EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Junior Undersecretary Gaunt [Lucy] EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Junior Undersecretary Gaunt [Lucy] EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Junior Undersecretary Gaunt [Lucy] EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Junior Undersecretary Gaunt [Lucy] EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Junior Undersecretary Gaunt [Lucy] EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Junior Undersecretary Gaunt [Lucy] EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Junior Undersecretary Gaunt [Lucy] EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Junior Undersecretary Gaunt [Lucy] EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Junior Undersecretary Gaunt [Lucy]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character
::
Activity: Junior Undersecretary to the Minister of Magic

Junior Undersecretary Gaunt [Lucy] Empty
PostSubject: Junior Undersecretary Gaunt [Lucy]   Junior Undersecretary Gaunt [Lucy] EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 4:44 pm

After Hogwarts had ended, Morgana found she liked the solidarity it brought with her. She had so much freedom on her hands she really didn't know what to do with it. Of course, her plans of working at the Ministry had been on her list of things to do after graduation, but she hadn't really stressed with it. She'd been in and talked to people, and lain off her application as junior undersecretary. She had not known that it would be that easy to get the job, but apparently her qualifications were more than enough.

Mordred had been proud. She could see it in his eyes. His daughter, instantly placed in the administrative office. She had gone to the Ministry with him on her first day, but the rest of the week, they had started at different hours. And this day marked the start of a new week. Morgana felt the job was pretty straightforward. Even this high up, she didn't feel like it challenged her intellectual. And there was quite a deal of boring paperwork, but she usually wrapped that up pretty early in the mornings.

She was just about to open a file when there was a knock on the door. Morgana looked up and raised an eyebrow. It was 9:30, so lunch wasn't really upon them, and Morgana had no scheduled meetings. Yes, she was a part of meetings as well. They were rare, though; only when the Minister or the Senior Undersecretary weren't available. She'd only had one last week. She was scheduled for two this week, but not today. It could be Mordred, but as Head of Department, he was probably busy scolding someone.

"Come in," Morgana said calmly, curious to find out who it was. It could be the senior undersecretary, who was 'kind' enough to make sure Morgana settled in right, and it could be some other Head of Department who had something to tell the minister about a worker or something like that. Maybe just a visitor, though this was rather unlikely; who would wanna visit Morgana?
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Slytherin Alumni, Auror, Flying Professor

PostSubject: Re: Junior Undersecretary Gaunt [Lucy]   Junior Undersecretary Gaunt [Lucy] EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 11:32 pm

There were many things Lucy missed about being a child. For one, she didn't have to worry about anything else other than the type of cereal she would have in the morning, or the punishment she would get if she disobeyed her father. She couldn't imagine anyone who didn't miss their childhood years, so she was excited to hear that Morgana - yes, THE Morgana Gaunt - had been accepted into the Ministry as Junior Undersecretary because it meant Lucy could have a legitimate reason to give her a wonderful present.

Thanks to the slithering gossiping women in the Munchies Cafe, Lucy had heard all about how Morgana had been instantly accepted, her application probably as flawless as everything else the girl did. Lucy carried a box wrapped with silvery paper, containing a glass vase slightly shaped like a chalice, filled with many, many Bertie Bott's beans. She also carried a flower, a poppy, because she couldn't imagine any office looking so lonely without a flower. With a grin, she stood in front of the door to Morgana's new office and freed one of her hands to knock, following to brush some strands of red hair away from her face.
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Junior Undersecretary Gaunt [Lucy]   Junior Undersecretary Gaunt [Lucy] EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 10:00 pm

As the visitor didn't open the door, Morgana rose; it was heavy oak, they might not have heard her shout. So she walked around her desk and took four long strides over to the door. She was starting to grow curious on who it could be and turned the doorknob, swinging the door inwards. She blinked as she took in the person outside the door. Lucy. For half a heartbeat, Morgana felt a happy feeling before it dwindled and died in her pond of indifference. The next second, she took in the girl completely, and saw the silver wrapped box and the flower.

"Lucy," she said softly, acknowledging her. She was surprised that Lucy had come to visit her, and Morgana found she didn't really mind. But she also found that she didn't have much to speak to Lucy about. She was slightly curious about how the girl was and what she'd been up to as of late. "Come on in," she said, stepping back and giving her access to the office. Morgana closed the door behind her and walked back to her desk, gesturing absentmindedly to the comfy chairs standing in front of her desk, sitting down in one of them herself, deciding that it would be nicer to not have the huge desk between them.

"How are you?" she asked the girl, studying her. She looked happy, but Lucy had always looked happy to Morgana, so she couldn't tell for sure if something was bothering her or not. Morgana had forgotten that there actually were quite a few people from Hogwarts working at the Ministry, and she only knew what a handful of them did, like Lucy. Most of them were probably aurors. It was a pretty popular choice. Morgana could easily see some of them dropping out, but she was sure that Lucy would stick with it, as long as she liked it.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Junior Undersecretary Gaunt [Lucy]   Junior Undersecretary Gaunt [Lucy] EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 2:17 am

Lucy stood, grinning, in front of Morgana. Jumping on her feet, Lucy wanted to hug the girl but the package she carried was kind of an obstacle, so she resisted the urge and walked in like any other normal person would. Morgana’s office was pretty amazing. It was open and busy and so...Morgana-esque. There was no doubt that she was born to be in power, a figure of authority, and Lucy wasn’t even jealous. In fact, she was happy being an Auror and seeing Morgana, at such a young age, in a great position. Setting the box on the desk, Lucy turned to the girl. “I brought you a little gift, because you’re pretty awesome and stuff.” She told her, handing the poppy to her. “Also, I thought maybe a flower would be nice.”

Lucy wasn’t sure how much she’d changed, but one thing was for certain, she wouldn’t have brought a flower or candy before. She would have probably just popped in to say hello and walked out as soon as possible. Now, she was bringing sweets and plants. Wow. Taking a seat on the comfortable seats that must come in with every office, Lucy’s smile grew bigger. “I’m great!” No, she really wasn’t. She was dealing with Ryland’s stupidity, Elita’s whoreyness, James’s return, and Wade’s...well, he was an assnut. There was no other way to explain that. “How are you, Miss Gaunt?” She liked the way that sounded, Miss Gaunt.
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Junior Undersecretary Gaunt [Lucy]   Junior Undersecretary Gaunt [Lucy] EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 5:36 pm

Morgana watched as the girl practically bounced on her feet and walked in past her. For a moment there, Morgana had feared the girl was gonna hug her. But Lucy was smarter than that, so it all turned out well as she walked to the desk and put down the stuff. Morgana looked surprised at Lucy. She figured the presents were just another normal thing to do. So she gave Lucy half of a smile. "Thank you," she said, and meant it. Lately, Morgana had been out of touch with anyone but her father and business associates. She'd been put on tasks and given assignments to see how good she was, because she was so young, and people doubted her. And she had grown accustomed to calculative and cold exchanges. Seeing Lucy was definitely something else.

Morgana looked at her when she said she was good. Or great. She was lying. But was it really for Morgana to pry into Lucy's situation? She was her friend. Well, according to the girl seated beside her. And in Morgana's personal definition of the word, she did see Lucy as a friend. So wasn't it within her right to say something against it? She didn't get to decide on that before Lucy asked if she was all right. Miss Gaunt. Morgana didn't like that. So she gave Lucy a slightly more raised eyebrow and shook her head. "I'm fine. Settling in here has been all right. People have started to understand that they shouldn't underestimate me, so I'm all right," she said. And then she settled on her answer. "But you're not. What's bothering you?" she asked. Now, in normal world, it would've sounded like she didn't care at all. In Morgana world, even bothering to ask meant that she truly wanted to know. Morgana never asked anything if she didn't want to know.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Junior Undersecretary Gaunt [Lucy]   Junior Undersecretary Gaunt [Lucy] EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 9:30 am

Pleased that Morgana seemed to like her presence in her new office, Lucy's smile grew even bigger. She was stuck in a personal little world of chaos, and as ironic as it maybe Morgana's realism was so refreshing. Lucy listened as Morgana told her about people doubting her, and Lucy raised and eyebrow in wonder. "Why would anyone doubt you?" She asked, though she hadn't meant to say that out loud. "You, out of all people." Really, this was were Morgana seemed to fit and if people still questioned it, then they were obviously stupid. She was still thinking about that, about who was underestimating Morgana, when she asked what was bothering her. Lucy looked at her almost immediately. Had Morgana always been that good at reading people? Yes. Had Lucy forgotten? Absolutely. Seeing as there wasn't any reason to pretend anymore, she shrugged a little bit. "I'm just overwhelmed with my family." Admitting it out loud in front of someone was harder than when it was only her and her thoughts. "My father is becoming slightly alcoholic, and Ryland...he knocked Elita up, so now he has to feed two more, and Wade...well, you know him." And yes, Morgana knew him very well.

It had always been clear to Lucy that Morgana and Wade had never gotten along, maybe they were too similar and the world wasn't ready for them to be friends. Lucy never told her friend this, never told anyone this, but she secretly hoped that Wade would one day be coming home over the holidays, holding Morgana's hand. But that was pure wishful thinking. Morgana would never go within 10 feet of Wade, and Wade would never even want to come back to Britain, so there was no point. Chuckling to herself at her childish thoughts, she turned back to Morgana and regained her seriousness. "Well, I don't want to bore you. Tell me, what's it like? Being Junior Undersecretary, I mean!" Then she waved her finger around, "The office is certainly a perk!"
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Junior Undersecretary Gaunt [Lucy]   Junior Undersecretary Gaunt [Lucy] EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 6:28 pm

Morgana felt her lips twitch at Lucy's question of why anyone would underestimate her. Morgana completely agreed with Lucy, but unfortunately, not everyone could be as perceptive as Lucy. That would make the world too interesting, wouldn't it? Morgana looked directly in front of her for a second before turning back to Lucy. "You know how the world is. Saying they are all for equality, but the moment a woman gets a high standing spot, they will always question the employer's decision. Of course, it also has something to do with taking a position like this so quickly after graduating," Morgana added. She wasn't about to blame everything on lack of equality. Besides, it had been more than interesting enough to see how wrong the questioners had been. She was more than capable and qualified for this job.

The surprise on Lucy's face at Morgana's enquiery wasn't completely unexpected, but it seemed as if Lucy had forgotten just how perceptive Morgana could be. However, this was not something she was going to point out. She would've, had she not liked Lucy. Mordred would've. And in the process he'd probably sound demeaning. Morgana was a bit better at coating her opinions. She was surprised when Lucy said that what did bother her was her family. That was weird. Morgana had always had the impression that -apart from Wade- the Malfoy family was a bit more stable than most. She wondered what it would be like to have an alcoholic father. Mordred didn't drink alcohol. At least not more than a glass or two. The last time he'd been drunk, Morgana had been the consequence. The news of Ryland being a father to Elita's baby was curious. In her years of knowing them, she couldn't see how that had happened. Sure, there might have been emotions, but it was a bit ... odd. At the mention of Wade, a dark shadow passed over Morgana's face. Oh, how she loathed that guy.

If Morgana was ever to end up in a duel with him over anything, she would send her worst curses at him, and she could control a mean fiendfyre. However, he was Lucy's cousin, and she seemed to care about him, no matter how exasperated she was at him. So killing him might be out of the question. Might. He did not deserve to have someone like Lucy on his side. She looked to Lucy, as her eyes had drifted at her dark thoughts of how to hurt Wade the worst. "Seems like you have your hands full," she commented, as she felt she had nothing more to say. After all, what could Morgana possibly do about that? She was pretty sure Lucy knew there was only so much a person like Morgana could do.

Morgana shook her head. "You're not boring me," she said flatly. But she felt another twitch of her lip at the comment on the office. "I'm not complaining," Morgana said, "But I think I'd be able to do this work in a dank cellar as well. But I prefer this office, yes." She looked to her desk and made a handgesture to the stack of paperwork. "So, there's paperwork. Boring, dull affairs of the state. The muggle prime minister is an idiot, of course, and clearly terrified when he sends us his letters. His writing is a deciphering job in itself. But there are quite a few things I enjoy, like the meetings that happen. I don't have much of a say in them, of course, but they are quite interesting to listen in on," Morgana explained. "And how about you? How is being an auror working out?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Junior Undersecretary Gaunt [Lucy]   Junior Undersecretary Gaunt [Lucy] Empty

Back to top Go down

Junior Undersecretary Gaunt [Lucy]
Page 1 of 1