HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
It's Been a Long Time (Closed) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
It's Been a Long Time (Closed) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
It's Been a Long Time (Closed) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
It's Been a Long Time (Closed) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
It's Been a Long Time (Closed) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
It's Been a Long Time (Closed) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
It's Been a Long Time (Closed) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
It's Been a Long Time (Closed) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
It's Been a Long Time (Closed) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
It's Been a Long Time (Closed) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
It's Been a Long Time (Closed) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
It's Been a Long Time (Closed) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
It's Been a Long Time (Closed) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
It's Been a Long Time (Closed) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
It's Been a Long Time (Closed) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

It's Been a Long Time (Closed)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character
::
Activity: Gryffindor Alumni, Owner of Glass House, Care of Magical Creatures Professor

It's Been a Long Time (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: It's Been a Long Time (Closed)   It's Been a Long Time (Closed) EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 10:55 pm

This thread is open to Elita Fontayne only.

Ryland sat at the edge of the lake, the water reaching his feet and then running back to the deep before doing it again. He'd chosen this spot, because it was quiet and mostly lonely at 5:00 in the morning. The sky was still dark, the breeze chilly. He'd missed his family but he figured he'd seen them pretty soon now that he was going back to Hogwarts to attempt teaching. The only people he missed and probably wouldn't see soon were Ella and Elita. Ella, he didn't miss as much because they had never been close. Not the way she had been with Wade and Lucy. Elita, though, was different. Being the youngest siblings, they often ended up walking behind the older ones.

Because of this, he'd sent an owl to the youngest Fontayne. Ryland wanted her to be the first person he told about Hogwarts, and about what he had done after graduation. Her whereabouts were also important to him, as she had been the closest thing to a best friend. Ryland checked his watch, the one Darcy had given him, and realized Elita was just a few minutes late. It didn't matter much, sooner or later he'd have a friend again.
Back to top Go down
Elita Malfoy
Adult
Elita Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Divinations professor

PostSubject: Re: It's Been a Long Time (Closed)   It's Been a Long Time (Closed) EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 2:56 am

Elita slammed the alarm clock against the wall as it rang at 5am. She was beyond exhausted, but why? Was this the life of pregnancy? Elita blinked her eyes and wondered why she'd set her alarm so early before remembering, Ryland. Ryland. She was meeting him. She'd actually see him again. Her heart fluttered at the thought of him.

Quickly getting out of bed, she carefully curled her hair and applied the same dark makeup she'd been wearing for the past year. At one time, she knew she was pretty, but now, those once bright blue eyes only held the darkness that drowned her. She picked out a pair of black jeans, black boots and a black knit sweater and flew to their meeting place. Sure it was in London but she was flying and it was dark, plus she was under an invisibility cloak.

She arrived only a couple minutes late and landed softly at the lake water's edge. His figure sitting beside the water caused her breath to catch for a few seconds before she was able to uncloak herself and make her entrance. "Ryland!" she said, almost too cheerfully.

Back to top Go down
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor Alumni, Owner of Glass House, Care of Magical Creatures Professor

PostSubject: Re: It's Been a Long Time (Closed)   It's Been a Long Time (Closed) EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 11:10 pm

He waited for a while more, paying attention to the waves. He’d once been afraid of water, but that was long gone. Ryland had grown up since joining Wade, he’d become more aware of the world than before. Sure, growing up in the orphanage gave him reason to think ill of everyone, but he did so more now that he had seen real evil. He didn’t regret joining, because he knew that one day he’d get revenge on the one who ruined his life with a curse he couldn’t escape. After three years, Ryland had learned to live as a werewolf. No, not live. He’d learned to survive.

There was cheerful sound that sounded just like his name, and Ryland turned to look at the girl whose voice had broken his thoughts. Elita Fontayne, his long-lost friend? She looked different now. Not in a very good way. He restrained himself from saying that. Her eyes were lined with dark make up and her face was too unfamiliar. It was the eyes that looked the most different, lost in ways Ryland couldn’t understand at a glance. She also wore clothing in every possible shade of black, and that wasn’t many. Ryland wanted to tell her to take that make up off and put on nice clothes, because he thought it was ridiculous for her to be hiding her natural beauty. It was too much like Ella, she was too much like Ella.

“Hey!” Ryland replied, resisting the urge to tell her what he had been thinking just a few moments ago. Mainly, because he had actually missed her presence. He didn’t stand up, he stayed where he was and waited to see if Elita would sit down or not. If she didn’t, he’d have to stand up.
Back to top Go down
Elita Malfoy
Adult
Elita Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: It's Been a Long Time (Closed)   It's Been a Long Time (Closed) EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 2:39 am

Elita quickly crossed over to him and plopped down softly beside him. Her heart rate sped up as she gave him a side hug. She couldn't allow herself to give him a full on hug, no mater how much she needed the embrace, it'd probably give her a heart attack.

She stumbled to find something to say, anything, she needed to fill the silence. "How are you?" she finally asked. Her breath threatening to catch in her throat. She studied his frame, the way his body was built, his muscle outline. He looked stronger and his hair was still perfectly messy like always. His eyes shone a vibrant green, a green that seemed to penetrate her soul.

How was she ever going to tell him, the one guy she'd always dreamed of, that she was pregnant because she decided to be a slut and give herself to any guy who drooled over her. Suddenly feeling an overwhelming amount of shame and judgement that hasn't even occurred yet, she slid over and created more space between them.

This was Ryland she was thinking about. Would he really judge her? Would he talk down to her? The guy she once considered a brother, the guy she once considered more than a brother, thinking they'd be together for the rest of their lives before being with Aylee, her best friend who'd left him heartbroken. She tried not to let it bother her, the fact that he was hurt, the fact that he'd been through so much in his life. Maybe she shouldn't tell him, maybe he didn't even care about her anymore. He'd changed, she'd changed. It's impossible for any chemistry now.

Feeling overwhelmed and stressed out, she ran her hand through her once perfectly fixed hair and tossled it around. She didn't know why she'd bothered getting dressed up anyways. Putting on a fake smile, she listened to Ryland as he spoke.

Back to top Go down
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: It's Been a Long Time (Closed)   It's Been a Long Time (Closed) EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 2:19 am

Ryland gave her a smile, he really had missed her. For a moment, he wondered if he should hug her. Obviously, he’d do that with Lucy, but he wasn’t so sure where Elita stood in her physical contact views so he stayed where he was for the time being. Despite how silent it was, Ryland didn’t feel uncomfortable. All of that, all of his angst, had been taken care of within the last two years. Right after Wade became the biggest dick in history. Ryland looked back at the water, trying to find peace for a second before turning back to Elita.

“I’m alright.” He said. In that moment, it surprised him that his French accent was gone, but he’d been trying to forget for so long that he wasn’t really what he claimed to be; it all seemed unreal now. It seemed strange to lie about something like that, but it was needed. It was needed for survival. Ryland sounded British now. Smiling to himself for the little success, he looked down at his hands and fiddled with a small pebble nearby. “If you can call a werewolf that, then I’m alright.” He wasn’t sure if he’d ever told Elita, but something told him she wasn’t going to run away screaming for help. “How are you?” He said, not looking at her until he added, “You look different.” That was as much as he could say without offending her. He didn’t like her looking that way, depressed and scary. He liked the old Elita. But, if anything, he was a great example of the change people could go through.
Back to top Go down
Elita Malfoy
Adult
Elita Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: It's Been a Long Time (Closed)   It's Been a Long Time (Closed) EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 2:46 am

Werewolf. Ryland was a werewolf, but surprisingly, she was fine with it. She was ecstatic to hear that he had been fine. Suddenly, the tables turned and he asked how she was. "Oh, well, I have a lot to tell you, but I'm not sure how you'll take any of it." Fiddling with the invisibility cloak, she spoke again, "A lot happened and I got depressed and all."

"I am different. I'm sorry." she suddenly sounded very young, child-like again. She was unsure of what to say or do and she hated it. She felt small, vulnerable. She felt like she needed him, she wanted to lean on him, she wanted to feel his arms wrapped around her.

Back to top Go down
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: It's Been a Long Time (Closed)   It's Been a Long Time (Closed) EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 2:55 am

“Define ‘a lot’” he raised an eyebrow at her. He wasn’t sure what that meant at all, but the first thing that came to mind was that something had happened to either Ella or Selene. The latter would probably break Ryland more, as Selene had been a wonderful professor in every way. On the other hand, he liked Ella sometimes. Was he supposed to hug her now? Be a good person and comfort her? And how the hell do you do it? Every girl he’d ever talked to was different. Some liked to know someone was listening, others liked to beat him up if he didn’t, others just stared at him and pretended they were listening to what he was saying. Damn it, girls are so fucking complicated.

“I don’t think there’s reason for my opinions to matter.” He said calmly. “I’m not going to stop talking to you simply because you changed.” It was true, the respect he had for her made it easy for him to accept this new drastic look despite not liking it on her at all. He took a few moments to figure out what he would say to her, something to let her know that he cared. "You can talk to me. If you want." He finally said, turning to fully look at her, taking in the blue of her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Elita Malfoy
Adult
Elita Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: It's Been a Long Time (Closed)   It's Been a Long Time (Closed) EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 7:56 pm

How would she define a lot.She fought the temptation to lay her head on his shoulder. He said she could talk to him if she wanted. That meant he cared, or was he just saying that? She watched as he turned his eyes to her, an innocent smile, her old smile creeping across her face.

"Well..." she tried to begin, getting lost in her words. She'd never talked to anyone about her feelings before. She'd barely shared things with Ella and her mom, but they were family, Ryland was, well, Ryland. She needed a way to make this easier, but there was none.

"Everyone left, you, Lucy, Wade, Ella. Mom got married and I do't know where her and Andrew went, I was alone." she whispered trying not to cry. "I am alone..." The reality hit her. She had no one, they all moved on and she was left here at Hogwarts, sad, alone, pregnant and failing. She'd be stuck at Hogwarts trying to pass and fulfill her dreams for the rest of her life.

Finally, her temptation got the better of her and she turned, sitting with her legs crossed, to him and laid her head on his shoulder. She wouldn't cry, she wouldn't let him see her cry. She had no clue how to tell him what she'd done or that she was pregnant. She didn't want to burden him with her problems, but she wanted to tell him. Was she a burden? Is that all she was?

Back to top Go down
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: It's Been a Long Time (Closed)   It's Been a Long Time (Closed) EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 12:20 am

Ryland returned her smile. He wasn't innocent anymore, but he was willing to be kind to her. No sarcasm or hate, just a friend. "That's life, Elita." he said simply, not sure what else to tell her. "Life doesn't stop for anyone." He'd learned that very, very well. He'd been away for almost two years, and it seemed like the farther away he went the more life changed for everyone but him. It was later in time that he'd realize he wasn't going to change anything for anyone but himself, and that was why he came back. He knew what he had to do, who he had to take his revenge on, and who he had to protect. The hardest part what the he was torn between him family, between Wade and Lucy.

"Besides, you really don't want anything to do with Wade now. He's kind of a giant dick." he muttered, hating the way his cousin's name slipped off his tongue. Wade had always been an arrogant ass, and now that Ryland was older he couldn't image why they were even friends in the beginning. "You're not alone." he said, feeling a sudden need to protect her like he did his sister. He was about to hug her, but then she laid her head on his shoulder and Ryland immediately thought of how fragile she really was. Something else was bothering her. He didn't move, he didn't do anything besides look at her. "Something else. What is it?"
Back to top Go down
Elita Malfoy
Adult
Elita Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: It's Been a Long Time (Closed)   It's Been a Long Time (Closed) EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 3:01 am

Elita calmly listened to Ryland. He was so knowledgeable, wise. He'd been through a lot and she'd known it. She wanted to smile at the fact that he thought Wade was a dick, but some reason, it really hurt her. Wade was like her brother and for him to act the way he supposedly acts now, hurts her.

She tensed when he asked her what else was wrong. He knew. Someone told him. "Ryland...you don't understand. I'm pregnant." there, she said it. The 'p' word. "I slept around with some guys, I started drinking and harming myself. I'm sorry." For the first time in her life, she actually felt sorry, she actually wanted to change.

She let the tears come down her face now, she felt huge all of a sudden. Her stomach was barely noticeable, it just looked like she was chubbier, but now that he knew, she felt huge. There was something else, she needed to tell him how she felt. She had to.

"Ryland, I've had a crush on you since we met and I'm sorry. I can't expect you to ever like me the same way." She couldn't believe how sorry she was, how sincere she felt.

"I want to get better, can you help me?" she whispered now, barely audible. She felt weak, small. She felt like something that was squashed under his shoe. She was glad she had her head on him, she didn't want to see his eyes, or the way he looked at her. Was he sorry? Annoyed? Pissed? Sad?

Back to top Go down
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: It's Been a Long Time (Closed)   It's Been a Long Time (Closed) EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 4:40 am

In a way, Ryland wasn’t surprised when Elita told him she was pregnant, because she was a girl and that’s what girls did. They got pregnant. However, she was too young to be pregnant, so Ryland was surprised. What was he supposed to do with this?! Ryland wasn’t a good friend, not a good listener. What the fuck do I do, now? He wondered to himself, trying to come up with the right words to say. He didn’t even know anything about pregnancies. The only girls in his life, no matter how small their role, were Lucy, Shah, Aurelia, the Fontaynes, Aylee, and Darcy. And none of them had ever been pregnant before.

Harming herself? Ryland was so confused! He didn’t know what to do at all! He was only 20, but he was old enough to realize that women were confusing beyond belief. Elita started crying, and Ryland suddenly wanted to run away. He couldn’t, though. Instead, he thought of it as Lucy being the one in Elita’s place. His sister. Pregnant. With a ruined reputation. Okay, Ryland could handle that. He was about to put her arm around her, the way he always did with his sister, but then she made a confession that made him uncomfortable.

“Eh, thanks.” He said, because what else was someone supposed to do when someone said something like that? It hit him that the awkwardness he felt now was the same awkwardness Aylee must have felt when he told her he liked her. The air suddenly got thicker and the waves were no longer soothing. “I don’t think you should be sorry. Those matters are not really your conscious choosing.” He told her, and he hoped they weren’t because he didn’t want to tell her that he couldn’t feel the same way. His heart still belonged to Aylee Walters.

Well, of course he would help. The question was ‘How?’. For some reason, Ryland put his arm around him. “We’re friends, aren’t we?” he told her, not looking at her directly. He didn’t know if he should, anyway. He didn’t want her to be upset. “What would you like me to help you with?” he asked, still completely unsure of how he could even help Elita. He had so many questions, though! But he couldn’t ask any of them! He wanted to know what kind of harm she had done to herself, what kind of stuff she had been getting into, who the father of her baby was, whether or not Ryland was going to have to beat up the guy who’d knocked her up.
Back to top Go down
Elita Malfoy
Adult
Elita Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: It's Been a Long Time (Closed)   It's Been a Long Time (Closed) EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 1:23 am

"Everything." she practically screamed. What did he mean what did she want him to help her with? She wanted to slap him and kiss him all at the same time. He was so beautifully stupid or maybe it was her hormones. "Of course we're friends." she said a little softer this time. Saying the f word hurt her deeply inside. Friends? Why just friends? Why nothing more.

Suddenly, Elita made a wet napkin appear and wiped the makeup off her face, he liked her better this way. Maybe, just maybe if he saw her like she used to look, he'd fall in love with her. Elita seemed almost desperate for Ryland, but she didn't think so. "I'm not so sure you can help me, maybe support me but I have no ideas on how you can help me." she shrugged solemnly.

Back to top Go down
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: It's Been a Long Time (Closed)   It's Been a Long Time (Closed) EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 7:37 pm

Noticing the way her face looked when she repeated Ryland's words, he decided it was best to keep everything on a no-touch basis. With that in mind, he took his arm away and thought about what she was saying, not paying much attention to her movements. Ryland had to figure out how he could even help her, because Elita was so young and this wasn't a situation he'd like for anyone to be in. "I mean, I know I'm not the most responsible person out there, but I've got a job now and I can help you financially for a while." he replied, still at a loss. How was he supposed to do this? Help Elita if he couldn't even keep his life on track? Ryland wasn't generally a good person, he was just there.

He turned to look at her, and her excessive make up was gone, something he was thankful for. "Who's the father, Ellie?" He asked, daring to wonder it out loud. He didn't want to help, because it wasn't his problem. But he also really did want to help because she was family, and in a way, he loved her. Ryland had always been torn between what he was and what he wanted to be, and even though he knew he couldn't possibly bring any good into this, a crazy idea came up to him in that instant. Maybe, Elita's reputation didn't have to be ruined and she wouldn't have to go through it alone. Maybe Ryland could stop being seen as the heartless pathetic one who always ran away from trouble. Maybe this baby would actually be part of a family. "You can say it was me." He said out of nowhere, before Elita could argue. "If you don't know, or if you don't want him to be, you can say it was me."
Back to top Go down
Elita Malfoy
Adult
Elita Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: It's Been a Long Time (Closed)   It's Been a Long Time (Closed) EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 9:15 pm

It was there, in that moment that Elita fell even more in love with him. He wanted to help her and she didn't know how to accept help. He wanted to try to help out financially, which she needed most of all, especially since she was big and pregnant, finding a job would be difficult. Who was the father? The question rang in her head she didn't know. She shrugged halfheartedly. Ellie. He had been the only one that called her that now. She hated it, but coming from him, is was so smooth sounding and it just melted her, like syrup between his hands.

The next sentence made her head snap up. He would be the father. "You would do that for me?" she was shocked and grateful, but mostly shocked. The baby needs a father, but could Ryland pull it off? Was he capable? Of course he was. He could do anything. He'd save her from this mess. The baby would never know the difference. "Ryland, I'm moving to France. Beaubaxtons is reopening and I want him," she looked down at her belly, "to go there and I'd like to teach Care of Magical Creatures in my native language and my birth country." She bit her lip, she hoped he'd follow or still be part of the baby's life. Just because she was pregnant, didn't mean she needed to give up her hopes and dreams.

Back to top Go down
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: It's Been a Long Time (Closed)   It's Been a Long Time (Closed) EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 9:38 pm

Would he do that for her? He didn't know. Obviously he would, but how much of it would be for her? He didn't know where the line between his selfishness and his love for her was drawn. "I can't guarantee I'll be a good parent, what with the wolf shit and whatnot, but I can...try?" he told her, shrugging a little bit. "I don't want you to go through it alone." Despite Elita's mistakes, nobody deserved to go through something that life-changing by themselves.

It was a boy. A little boy. He listened as she talked about her hopes to teach Care of Magical Creatures, and how she wanted to go back to France. Ryland was French, but he'd only been in that country for 10 years of his life. The rest had been spent mostly in Britain, with the exception of summers and holidays spent everywhere Phoenix took them, and most recently, other European countries he'd always dreamed of visiting. France seemed so mundane compared to what he's seen, but Elita... "Alright." Ryland agreed, "Just let me finish the school year here, and then we'll go to France as a family." he told her, because he wanted to get some money before anything if he'd just gotten himself into an actual, real family.

It suddenly dawned on him that he'd have to pay for baby stuff, and help Elita out when the little thing was born, and pay bills and other necessities. A look of shock crossed his face as he realized the magnitude of what he'd done, but he couldn't bring himself to regret it. "Just...I should probably tell Phoenix." he said, another worried look crossing his green eyes. Telling Phoenix would be the hardest thing, especially considering...it would be a lie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Been a Long Time (Closed)   It's Been a Long Time (Closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

It's Been a Long Time (Closed)
Page 1 of 1