HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Sat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Sat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Fri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Mon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Sun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Sun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Mon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Wed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Tue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Mon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Sun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Share | 

Damsel in Distress... sort of (Darcy)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Colton White

PostSubject: Damsel in Distress... sort of (Darcy)   Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:39 am

SOOOOOOO:

The winter had been a rough one, but it was just beginning to become less frigid outside. The breeze was brisk and cold, but it wasn't so freezing all the time. Colton discovered quickly that Ireland was much, much colder than New Zealand in the winter, and was glad for the break in the weather. And with the fairer weather came more opportunities for Quidditch practice. That week, Colton and his team had traveled to Scotland to run a few practice games with the Scottish National Team. They'd just finished their first, and managed a pretty easy victory. And to celebrate, they were going out for a drink - not that they needed a reason. Colton had gotten to know his teammates well since he'd moved from New Zealand, and if anything was true about them, it was that they would find any excuse to go out for a drink.

So, with a loud crack, Colton found himself standing on a quaint-looking cobblestone street lined with shops. On all sides of him, more cracks sounded out, indicating the arrival of his teammates. "Welcome to Hogsmeade," one of them said to him, as Colton looked around and took the place in. "Is that Hogwarts, then?" he asked, his eyes easily training to the large castle in the near distance. It was much more magnificent than Kiwi. Still staring about in interest, completely unfamiliar with his surroundings, Colton followed his team down the road and into a pub which seemed to be called The Three Broomsticks.

Once inside, Colton gathered around a corner of the bar with the others and went ahead to order a firewhiskey, trying to ignore the looks that they were receiving from people here and there. Anyone who followed quidditch would know who they were. Some would come to try and talk with them - some would ask for autographs. Colton couldn't count the number of witches who had already tried to slip him love potions, so now he kept his drink clutched tightly in his hand. The whole idea of it still made him uncomfortable. Maybe, when he'd been in the league a few more years, it would feel normal. But being the youngest person on his team by far, and the most inexperienced, Colton didn't handle the attention nearly as well as the veterans.

Colton had quickly learned that this was what they did. They practiced, went out for drinks, and talked about Quidditch. Colton enjoyed his team - had come to regard them as brothers. And sister, as the seeker was a woman by the name of Maggie. But it still felt as though he didn't completely belong. Not yet. He was grinning and laughing along at some joke when, out of nowhere, Jason - a beater a few years older - elbowed him in the side. "Oi, take a look over there," he said, a sly grin on his face. "If that isn't the prettiest thing I've ever seen, I don't know what is." Colton furrowed his brow and followed his teammate's gaze, his eyes finally landing on a blonde girl sitting in a booth by herself - perhaps waiting for somebody. And Colton did have to agree with his friend - she had a strange, drawing beauty about her. But in Colton's opinion, that was hardly a reason to target her.

"She looks like she can't be more than eighteen," he retorted, taking another sip from his drink. "Maybe less." Jason grinned at him and shrugged. "Well, only one way to find out, right? Besides, it doesn't matter. I'll be back in a -" But Colton cut him off. "Dibs," he said, and took off in the direction of the girl's booth, almost laughing at the look of surprise on his friend's face. Colton had gotten to know his teammates, and while they were generally good guys, they were gits when it came to women. Or in this case, girls. And normally, Colton didn't mind. Sometimes, he partook if there was someone he particularly liked. But this girl seemed young, and was minding her own business. The least he could do was spare her from the unpleasant company of his teammate.

Without hesitating a beat, Colton approached the girl and slid into the booth across from her without asking permission. He flashed her an apologetic smile, taking in the flawless features of her face. "I promise, I'm not trying to hit on you or bother you or anything. Just saving you from a bit of unpleasant company," he told her, nodding in the direction of his team and taking a sip from his drink. "Colton," he told her cautiously, leaving his last name off on purpose. Though, it was possible that she would recognize him anyway. It was always the strangest thing, to have complete strangers act as though they know you when really, they know nothing at all. Hopefully, she wouldn't ask for his autograph.

My Character
::
Activity: Gryffindor-Year 7, Head Girl

PostSubject: Re: Damsel in Distress... sort of (Darcy)   Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:25 pm

As Darcy woke up that morning, she decided that today, she needed to leave Hogwarts. Hogsmeade was right around the corner and might prove sufficient, even though she wouldn't be completely rid of the students. As she hadn't spoken to Kynan, Maya or Evan at all this term, she had developed a need to be on her own. She hadn't had the time to talk to her three friends, and due to their absence when she needed them most, their ties had been severed. This was actually quite sad, but she almost felt betrayed by them. And she was angry with them. This she knew was unfair, but she couldn't help it.

She decided to leave after dinner, so she wouldn't have to buy any food there; that was not a point at all as the food at Hogwarts was at least equally as brilliant as any other place in Hogsmeade. So, when the day had passed in silence and solitude at the library and she'd eaten her dinner, she left the castle, walking down the path to Hogsmeade. The street was not filled with students, thankfully, probably because she'd been so quick to finish her dinner. And there were only so many people who could leave the grounds this weekend.

She decided on the three broomsticks and sat down in a booth there. She ordered a butterbeer when the waitress walked up to her. The chill in the air was bitter in January, so a butterbeer would be perfect. She picked up the book she had brought with her, from a muggle shop in London. It was called The Lost Symbol and was a part of a series about a man called Robert Langdon. It was pretty brilliant and really intriguing.

Leaning back and sipping from her butterbeer, she ignored the students that came and went, but she did think once that maybe the Hog's Head would be best. And then she fell into her book and didn't take notice of quite a few people taking a seat a few tables off. She didn't notice all the whispers in the pub either. She just continued to read her book. Which lead her to jump slightly when someone sat down opposite her. Before looking up, she figured it would be someone she knew and she thought that she should've gone to Hog's Head.

But then she looked up. She didn't know this person. That said, she had definitely seen him somewhere before. He seemed too old to still be at Hogwarts. Probably in his early twenties. He was smiling apologetically at her and then he was explaining what was going on. Darcy blinked and slowly put her book down as her eyes looked over at the six people on the other table. Some of them were looking over, and Darcy blinked. She knew several of them. Or... knew of them. It was the Irish quidditch team! Then this would be the new asset. The keeper who was so brilliant or something along those lines.

Darcy slowly closed her book and leaned back into the seat, crossing her arms. "White, right?" she asked, but didn't wait for an answer as she asked: "Your teammates are unpleasant company?" She wondered what that was like. Being on a team where you didn't like the people around you, and being completely unable to do anything about it. She took a deep breath and looked back at the guy, finally smiling at him. "I'm Darcy," she said kindly. She looked at the table again and back to Colton. "What brings you here?" she asked.

Thanks a bunch to Hunter VanDerberg for sig!

Sister and pride:

Misc:

Back to top Go down
Colton White

PostSubject: Re: Damsel in Distress... sort of (Darcy)   Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:05 pm

"Sorry, didn't mean to frighten you," Colton said, realizing that he'd startled the girl. He watched her carefully as she looked up at him, wondering how she would react. A more genuine smile spread across his face when he realized that she was most certainly not going to ask him for an autograph. She just frowned and stared at him appraisingly. He took the opportunity to scrutinize her, trying to put a finger on how old she might be. She did look young, but then at the same time, not so young. The book in her hand did indicate that she may still be a student - after all, who went out to the pub just to read a book?

Then, she spoke, and Colton's smile faltered a bit as she tacked his last name onto his first. Though he should have expected as much, seeing as it wasn't just him, but his entire team occupying the bar. "Er, yeah, that's me," he replied with a bit of disappointment, leaning back and tilting his head. But still, she continued to talk as though he was a normal person, and asked about his teammates. "Well, not for me, no," he explained, feeling himself relax a bit at such a normal question. "But I think that, if they joined you, you might find some of them a bit unpleasant, yes." Colton felt a bit bad for pretty people, sometimes - it was quite similar to being famous, really. Everyone wants to be seen with you, but most people don't really take the time to get to know you.

"Darcy," Colton repeated, returning the girl's captivating smile when she finally offered one. It's nice to meet you." And it was. Because she was probably one of the first normal people he'd met in a while. "We're scrimmaging with Scotland this week," he explained. "First time I've ever been here, though. I've never seen a school so huge," he admitted, talking about the brilliant view of Hogwarts from the street. "Though I could do without the snow," he added, laughing some. "And you? Doesn't strike me as a popular reading place, really - er, what are you reading, anyway?" Colton, though some might not know it, was an avid reader. But he wasn't familiar with the book in Darcy's possession.

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Damsel in Distress... sort of (Darcy)   Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:56 pm

Darcy barely shook her head back and forth as he apologized for startling her. She wasn't sure if she liked the look he was giving her. He might've said that he wasn't trying to hit on her, and Darcy really wasn't superficial either, but he was looking at her as if he was trying to read her. And lately, being 16, the guys around her neighborhood had started noticing her much more, and she had often found herself in nasty company. Why would this guy be any different, right? She suddenly wanted him to leave. To let her be on her own, like she had wanted. But Darcy wasn't rude enough to ask him to go. Her eyes fell to her book, wanting to open it and vanish in it again. Next time, she would go to the Hog's Head.

But then, when he did confirm who he was and seemed a bit disappointed, she remembered that he was famous and watched by his teammates. Unpleasant company or not, she doubted that all of them were nasty. Darcy always exaggerated. It had become a part of her ever since her father passed. She didn't know why, but it was as if that was the worst thing in the world, and she needed to think of stuff that could be worse to compensate for the unfairness of her father's death.

Being somewhat consoled as he explained what he meant about the unpleasant company, she slowly minded less and less that he was sitting with her. "Aha, so the whole flirting part is a bit nasty?" she asked, just to make sure she was getting it right. She looked at the guys in the crowd. It was a shame there was only one girl at the team. They had been so many not that many years back. She liked the Irish. They were pretty good, and they always brought an interesting match.

"And you," she said automatically, not having properly decided if she truly meant it or not, but she was smiling, and she was inviting, because she wasn't gonna be rude. She then blinked. "You've never seen Hogwarts?" she asked incredulously. Having attended this school for so long, and heard so many tales, she had always figured that was just something people did. And then she realized that it was just stupid thinking; of course people lived entire lives and never saw Hogwarts! "I- Scratch that, I just always figured that Hogwarts was a must-see. Suppose that's a bit daft," she said with a slight shrug and an innocent grin. Her smile turned soft and she looked out the window. "I love the snow," she admitted solemnly, "I don't love the cold, but there's something about snow that just makes everything seem more beautiful, more untouched."

She turned back to him and showed him the cover of her book. "The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. It's a brilliant book, if you haven't read it. It's about illuminati and all things occult. Really exciting. And he never seizes to surprise me. You think you know where the book is going, and you're just dead wrong," she said. "As for the place-" she paused a moment and gave him a thorough glance. What the hell. It wasn't like she was going to meet him again. "-I just needed to get away from Hogwarts for a while. Seems this wasn't far enough, though." She sighed, trying to figure out what to say next. It didn't take long, though, as she realized she hadn't said anything about Scotland. "Is the team in Scotland good? And what's life like, being a Quiddicth player?" she asked curiously.

Sister and pride:

Misc:

Back to top Go down
Colton White

PostSubject: Re: Damsel in Distress... sort of (Darcy)   Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:08 pm

Colton could tell immediately from her reactions that, though this girl could very well be young - though he still couldn't know for sure - she definitely wasn't foolish. Her responses were simple and undramatic, her gaze even and calculating. Not rude but cautious. The type of person that Colton could appreciate. And smart enough, because the next words out of her mouth clarified what he'd been trying to get across without having to actually say it.

He offered her an amused smile. "Well, you don't exactly look like you came here with that in mind," he shrugged, aiming a pointed look at her book. "But, I mean, if you'd like to swap me out for one of my teammates, I can go," he told her, glancing over at his team, who were watching them with interest like their favorite television show had come on. Colton refrained from rolling his eyes at them - it didn't take much to catch their interest. Though he was sure that part of the reason was because there wasn't a girl in the pub more captivating than the one he was sitting with. Not his problem.

Colton wasn't sure if she'd exactly warmed up to him yet, but she was smiling and that was a good sign. She also still hadn't asked him for an autograph, which was also a good sign. He raised an eyebrow when she seemed amazed that he'd never seen the castle, but before he could respond, she was taking it back. He snorted in amusement and grinned at her. "Yes, well, some of us come from much humbler beginnings than the majestic castle up on the hill," he joked. "I went to Kiwi in New Zealand," he told her, leaning back in the booth and taking a sip of his firewhiskey. "But it was pretty small - the wizard population in New Zealand isn't the greatest."

A smile played onto his lips as Darcy told him that she loved the snow, and why. There weren't many people that Colton ran into that he would consider running into again, on purpose. But he found himself hoping that Darcy would enjoy his company, because he was - surprisingly - enjoying hers. "Maybe I just need to adapt to it a bit, then," he said. He listened with genuine interest as she explained her book, tilting his head slightly. "No, I've never read it, but it sounds like I'll have to pick it up," he told her enthusiastically.

Ah, so she was a student, if she needed to get away from Hogwarts - unless she was a teacher, but Colton doubted that. "What year are you in?" he asked her, trying to keep the curiosity from his voice, because that sounded better than asking how old she was. "Why would you want to get away from somewhere like that, anyway?" he added, scrutinizing her. "If I went to school there, I doubt I'd have ever wanted to leave."

And then, she was asking him about quidditch - something that he could talk about for ages, if allowed to continue. Which made the rest of the conversation come pretty easily. "Scotland's alright, but Ireland's better," Colton told her. "And going international is... strange, still," he admitted. "I come from a small town, so moving to Dublin and having my face on magazines - and having girls ask me to sign them - " Colton made a face as he said the last thing, because he was sure he'd never get used to that. "It's a lot to take in."

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Damsel in Distress... sort of (Darcy)   Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:34 pm

Darcy had to let out a small laugh at that. "No, no. I think I'm safer with you," she said cheerily and tapped her fingers on the book, "And you're right, I didn't come here for that." She noticed him look over at his teammates, and she decided to do the same, but only for a second. And she soon wish she hadn't. They were looking at them as if they were the coolest animals in a zoo. Seriously. She looked down at the cover of her book again, this time feeling embarrased, and had to take a second before she looked back up at Colton.

She was intrigued when she heard he came from New Zealand. She didn't know that. She'd only seen him on some covers and heard her sister talk about him. She had to blink when he said the school was called Kiwi. "Wow, that's original," she said, trying to hold back a humored smile. "But I've always wanted to go to New Zealand, really. I've seen loads of pictures, and it looks absolutely beautiful," she told him. She'd seen a couple of movies shot there too, and it was an amazing scenery.

Darcy nodded. "Maybe," she said softly. Winter was a cold time, and when it stretched into March and the cold was still horrible, even Darcy didn't like it anymore. She grinned at him and nodded. "You wouldn't regret it," she said confidently. She automatically looked out the window, as if she could see Hogwarts from there. She then looked back at Colton. "I'm in my final year now, so it's sort of bittersweet, I suppose," she said thoughtfully; she hadn't thought much about leaving Hogwarts behind, but when she did, she both looked forward to it and dreaded it.

She was a bit stomped by his question, and she would prefer not to answer it, but she could dish up something that was neither a lie or the complete truth. "It's beautiful, really. And somewhat peaceful, but I suppose that, in seven years, basically growing up there, things happen, and they change you. If I could walk around there and know I would be left in peace, I guess I wouldn't be here, but it's all a bit ... overwhelming sometimes," Darcy explained, not noticing that her hands were fidgeting. When she did, she instantly stopped.

It was easy to see how relaxed and more secure of himself Colton seemed to grow when he talked about Quidditch. Funny thing was, that even if Darcy really did love Quidditch, he was making it even more interesting. And she laughed at his face and shook her head. "I can't even imagine," she chuckled, "Well, if it makes you feel any better, I won't ask." She continued smiling then, because it suddenly wasn't so bad talking to someone, and it was certainly not at all bad talking to him. Colton seemed like a genuine nice person, and that was refreshing in the pool of cruelty going on.

She then made a thoughtful expression. "Hold on, I might actually ask you to sign something, but first of all, it would be on paper, not skin," she said with a grin, "Secondly, it wouldn't be for me, and thirdly, it'd be awesome if the entire team could sign it, really, flirtatious bastards or not." She gave him a joking glance at that, as she absolutely didn't mean anything by it. Knowing people often didn't like to sign stuff other when they basically were called on for it, she added: "You up for that? No rush, though. I'm not leaving for a while."

Sister and pride:

Misc:

Back to top Go down
Colton White

PostSubject: Re: Damsel in Distress... sort of (Darcy)   Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:19 am

Colton watched as Darcy's gaze followed his own, over to his teammates, and smiled slightly when she looked down, clearly a bit uncomfortable with so many eyes on her. The moment her eyes were occupied, Colton rolled his eyes at his teammates and raised his middle finger discreetly in their direction. Naturally, they just laughed at him and kept watching. Gits. "Don't mind them," he told her, giving Darcy his attention once more. "Though you're probably used to it." The words left his mouth without him really thinking about them - because surely, the girl sitting in front of him couldn't go anywhere without guys looking her way. But as he repeated them in his mind, he grimaced, because they made him sound like a git. "Er, I mean - " Colton sighed as he tried to amend for his lapse of judgement. "I have no excuse, actually," he finally admitted. "But I honestly didn't mean that in - well, in whatever way you might have taken it."

He was incredibly glad then, when the subject returned to New Zealand. "It's amazing there," he agreed, shrugging. "But you might not find it so impressive if you lived there your whole life. But then again, I guess you know that. You said the same thing about Hogwarts." Still, just because Colton wasn't impressed by his own homeland didn't mean that he didn't love it. "It's small. And my hometown was small. I grew up in Middlemarch, which is like, miniscule. I think there were more students in Kiwi than there were people in my town." Colton smiled, remembering Kiwi. Remembering when he was, more or less, a nobody. Just like everybody else. "It's strange. I spent my whole life trying to get out of there - wanting something bigger. And I did, and it's great. And I never expected to miss it - but I do."

Her last year. So that made her seventeen? Still too young for his teammate, who would have probably bothered her far too long if he'd gotten the chance. "Any idea what you want to do when you're done?" he asked curiously. "I finished school three years ago now, but I always knew I wanted to play Quidditch." Colton watched Darcy's expression as she talked about the castle - about things changing - about wanting peace. She was intriguing, really - someone who was definitely beyond her years. And Colton had a fleeting impression that she was someone who had grown up very quickly in a pretty short period of time. Something that Colton himself had never had to do. "Peace is hard to find anywhere," he said simply, pretty sure that he'd invaded the girl's privacy enough.

An amused grin spread across his face as she promised not to ask him to sign her. "Might not seem like much to you, but that's definitely something to get excited about, believe me. Which is actually pretty pathetic, I'll admit." He raised an eyebrow at her as she hesitated and then continued. "Ah, okay. I see how you are," he retorted jokingly before listening to her very well-thought-out reasoning. "Well," he said, pretending to think really hard about it. "I might have refused, but since you've brought up some very logical and well thought out arguments, how can I say no?" In reality, nobody had ever asked him for his autograph in such a relaxed, unhurried manner. "Though I'll warn you, my handwriting's rubbish."

Colton glanced back to his team once again as Darcy mentioned them, before giving her a grin. "Well, I mean, I'm sure they'd do anything if given enough motivation." Alright, hadn't he been tactless enough before by bringing up this girl's clearly not-normal beauty? "Kidding, kidding!" he said instantly, though this time his amused look didn't falter. "I'll get them to sign it for you, don't worry. Who's it for?"

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Damsel in Distress... sort of (Darcy)   Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:15 pm

Darcy drew a blank. Used to ... what? Being oogled? Why would she be used to-? Oh. She would've blushed, perhaps, if he hadn't spoken up at that point, something she was really happy about. She hated blushing. But it was nice that he ... well, no it wasn't, was it? Because she was used to it. Just because she was of veela decent. Sometimes, like now, it annoyed her. But she wasn't angry with Colton, of course not. Not as if her lineage was his fault. That would've been awkward and disturbing. Darcy chuckled at his try at making it sound as if he wasn't flirting. She knew what he'd meant. "Well, usually, I can just walk away," she pointed out, not thinking that she was indeed confirming that, yes, she was used to being looked at.

She listened to him tell about his hometown. It seemed nice. Having grown up in the middle of central London, near Hyde Park no less, had been both nice and not. Because she never really got to know people like friends. She was so happy she had Ariel, because what would she have done without her little sister. She had her friends on the football team, but she didn't confide in them that much. She smiled softly at him. "I guess it's hard to shake one's roots," she said with a shrug, "I grew up in London, but I see London all the time. I love the city, but somehow my future just seems dull if I stay there."

Darcy shook her head. She was actually pretty frustrated about the whole idea of her future. She had a few ideas, but none she truly burned for. "No idea. I mean, I looked into the Department of International Magical Cooperation, and it looks really interesting, and I would definitely not be stuck in London, so I might try that out," she said with a smile, "But I really don't know. I think it sounds interesting, but I really don't know much about what I'd be doing. All I know for certain is that I won't be a professor." She was smiling at the last statement. But it was true. She couldn't imagine going back to Hogwarts. She loved the school, she really did. But as she'd said, things changed. And the mere idea of returning to Hogwarts when she was done sent shivers up and down her spine. She was kinda surprised to hear that he was only three years older than her. He didn't look much older, but still, she'd figured he'd at least be 25 or something. "Well, it's good to hear that you can become such a high-paid person in only three years," she said, actually finding that a bit reassuring; she really wanted to leave London.

Darcy was grateful when Colton didn't push the subject and Darcy merely nodded. "It really is," she agreed. Peace was like, a gift one could only find if one was lucky enough. Or found the right spot. Darcy would find the right spot. Of course, being Head Girl, she had quite a lot of time on her hands to be on her own. She could sit down in a random corridor at night and study on her own, if she wanted to. She didn't do that a lot, because the day after a long night usually made her pretty unfocused and unhappy.

Colton's thoughtful face made Darcy laugh silently, and she just beamed at him. "That is wonderful," she said, exaggerating the word 'wonderful'. She then waved his comment about rubbish handwriting away. "Please, what famous person has a pretty signature?" she asked rhetorically. She then raised her eyebrows at him. Motivation. She shook her head in a condescending manner. She laughed again, before simply settling into a smile. "It's for my sister. Ariel. She loved Quidditch. I don't get why she hasn't tried out for the team. She brilliant enough to be on it, she's just too stubborn to try," Darcy said with a shrug. "She's gonna be so jealous though. Oh, am I gonna rub this in her face." Darcy smirked at the idea. Finally, some payback time after all those years of constant pranking.

Sister and pride:

Misc:

Back to top Go down
Colton White

PostSubject: Re: Damsel in Distress... sort of (Darcy)   Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:38 am

Sorry it's a bit short, but I'm thinking we could each do one more post and then end this thread and then start a new one for them, since Darcy isn't even in school anymore.

At least Colton hadn't seemed to have made a complete fool of himself. It was strange, really. He loved flying. He loved his team. He loved his job. But he was, without a doubt, the worst famous person that he'd ever met. But Darcy didn't seem to be upset about what he'd said. Not wanting to dig himself into another hole, he didn't respond to her comment about being able to walk away. Just nodded and moved into the change of subject gratefully. Colton listened to her talk, and was surprised at how similar their feelings were. "I thought the same thing when I was in school," he told her. "Some people are just made for bigger things than the place they grew up," he added, tipping his drink in her direction before taking a sip from it.

Colton smiled in slight amusement as Darcy spoke about what she had in mind for her future - or, at least, what she might have ruled out. "Well, don't let it weight too heavily on your mind. I'm sure it doesn't feel like it, but you still have plenty of time to decide what you want to do." Just because Colton had jumped right into his career didn't mean that everyone had to. He was a rare breed - someone who had known their passion from a very young age. "There's nothing wrong with taking time to figure things out. There's also nothing wrong with choosing something and then changing your mind," he reminded her. "You aren't stuck with whatever choice you make." After another sip, he continued. "Though, I have to say, the Department of International Magical Cooperation would be lucky to have you. I had to go through them to move to Ireland, and between you and me, they could definitely use a fresh staff." He'd had to go to the ministry at least a few times just to sort out errors in his paperwork. "Though, if you go that route, I hope you aren't stuck dealing with immigration paperwork. The traveling positions are great, I'm sure!"

Colton couldn't help but grin broadly at the excitement on the girl's face when he agreed to signing whatever it was that she had in mind. "Well, apparently, I'm supposed to at least have a legible signature. Which I don't. I keep telling my publicist that if I'm the only Quidditch player with a completely unreadable autograph, people will still technically know that it's mine, but they aren't going for it." Colton was pretty sure that his publicist had been just about done with him long ago. He almost felt bad for the poor woman, being stuck with someone like him as a project. "Yes, definitely rub it in her face," Colton agreed, laughing. "What did you want signed?" he asked, glancing over at his teammates, who seemed to be nearing empty mugs. "They look like they're getting ready to move onto the next place soon, so I'll get them to sign it now. And then I'd imagine we'll probably be going." Which was a bit of a depressing thought. Colton hadn't had such a pleasant conversation with a normal person in what felt like ages.

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Damsel in Distress... sort of (Darcy)   Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:58 pm

Darcy smiled at Colton's comment, but she wasn't sure if that was something she agreed with. Darcy had always had a feeling that she wasn't meant for bigger things, and she wasn't sad about that. She enjoyed the idea that her life was more about the smaller things in life. She didn't want to change the world, she just wanted to make the people around her happy. But she supposed that was what it was like for Colton, having become a rather famous person, so that even Darcy would recognize him. Sure, she did like Quidditch and really enjoyed playing it herself, but she didn't really keep up with the news of the Quidditch world. "Yeah, it's either that, or just the feeling of having been somewhere too long," she merely said, her voice light. She really did love Hogwarts, but it had come to be a sort of a bittersweet feeling, and she was more than anxious to graduate. Luckily, this wasn't too far off.

She gave a chuckle and a nod when he told her not to worry too much about it. He was right of course. She knew she had time to make her decisions, but she was still restless about it. She supposed that was only natural. "I know you're right, but there's just too many things in this world. It's insane!" she said with big eyes, "I could work wherever! Depending on my NEWTs, of course, but like, there's too many things!" Darcy did like the idea that she wouldn't be stuck with what she chose, though. "Oh, that's smart. Don't know why I didn't think of that..." Listening to his tale about when he had to deal with the department, though, made Darcy shake her head. "The system is so slow, everything is so hard to fix. But I agree, I don't really think working with immigration and so on is what I'm looking for. I'm thinking more about dealing with affairs and meetings between countries. I really like that idea," she explained, and realized that this was a pretty big job and was bigger than her childhood. Maybe Colton had been right about being made for bigger things. The idea brought a solemn smile to her face.

Darcy laughed and shook her head. "Really, it can't be that bad! And if it is, that is a point though. The one that isn't readable, that is Colton White. I shall remember that," she said, grinning at him. "Oh, uhm." Darcy leaned down and picked up her bag, rummaging through it. She found a piece of parchment and a quill and ink. "This should do it, I think." She gave him the parchment and smiled in anticipation. "By the way, isn't it really hard to take autographs with quills? Or do you use the muggle pens?" she asked, figuring it would be a lot of spilled ink and smudges with quills. At the mention that they were probably going to leave soon, Darcy felt a bit saddened, but it was fine. She'd enjoyed a conversation with someone who wasn't younger than her, and who didn't get his ass thrown out of school, so Darcy felt that was a change. "Yeah, well, wish them good luck from me then?" she suggested. She didn't know what more to say at that moment, so she guessed she'd wait until she got the signatures?

Sister and pride:

Misc:

Back to top Go down
Colton White

PostSubject: Re: Damsel in Distress... sort of (Darcy)   Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:40 pm

"No, I didn't think so," Colton said, smiling, when Darcy said that immigration wasn't really where her interests lied. Unsurprising, because she really didn't seem much like a person who would enjoy sitting behind a desk filing papers. She seemed a bit more adventurous than that. "Well, if you ever apply for a job in the Quidditch industry, don't be afraid to put my name on your resume, I'll give you a killer review," he told her, laughing but not necessarily joking. Not that she seemed like the Quidditch industry type, but there were plenty of jobs in it that didn't actually have much to do with Quidditch at all. And you never knew where someone might end up.

"You could always become my publicist when I finally drive my current one to quit," he joked. "It involves loads of travelling," he added with a laugh, as though it may sell the position a bit more. Truthfully, his publicist wouldn't quit. Though she'd never admit it, Colton knew she was secretly fond of him and his failure at acting like a normal famous person. He considered his lack of famous person skills a type of job security for her, anyway. If he was perfect, she wouldn't be needed. Colton waited while Darcy dug in her bag for something for him to sign. "Perfect," he said, smiling. "And to be honest, I don't know if half of the team has the slightest clue how a muggle pen works. Some of them are a bit daft. Just give me one minute."

Sliding out of the seat, he retreated to his team, who instantly pounced on him with questions. "She just wants us to sign something, you gits. Here," he said, shaking his head incredulously and setting the parchment down in the middle of their table. "And don't any of you dare write anything offensive, it's for her little sister." He really didn't think Darcy would appreciate a bunch of crude comments. Thankfully, his team more or less cooperated, and soon he was rejoining her, finally jotting his own name down. "There you go," he said, setting down her quill and handing her the paper. "That one's mine," he added, grinning and pointed to his own name. "Are you sure you don't want me to sign anything else? Your shirt? Your chest, maybe? You won't believe it, but a girl once asked me to sign her face." After laughing, Colton smiled at her. "You know, it was really nice to meet you, Darcy," he said, his voice sincere. "Maybe I'll run into you again sometime."

PostSubject: Re: Damsel in Distress... sort of (Darcy)   

Back to top Go down

Damsel in Distress... sort of (Darcy)
Page 1 of 1