HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Birthday Boredom (Open) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Birthday Boredom (Open) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Birthday Boredom (Open) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Birthday Boredom (Open) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Birthday Boredom (Open) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Birthday Boredom (Open) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Birthday Boredom (Open) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Birthday Boredom (Open) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Birthday Boredom (Open) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Birthday Boredom (Open) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Birthday Boredom (Open) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Birthday Boredom (Open) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Birthday Boredom (Open) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Birthday Boredom (Open) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Birthday Boredom (Open) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Birthday Boredom (Open)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character
::
Activity: Gryffindor - Year 7, Head Girl

Birthday Boredom (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Birthday Boredom (Open)   Birthday Boredom (Open) EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 6:55 pm

It was 16th July. It was her birthday. It sucked.

Why did it suck? Because she was alone. Last year, she had been alone, but it was different. She’d ended up finding a surprise party for her. This year, however, she didn’t expect anything at all. As she knew nothing important was happening, Aoife went into Hogsmeade for the Saturday morning shift at the ice-cream parlour. She didn’t usually work Saturdays but she was going for random shifts recently. Because she had nothing better to do and a little bit more pay was always good.

When she’d finished dealing with a few customers and her shift finished, she waved goodbye to the boss and went to get lunch in the Three Broomsticks. That was just a sandwich and a butterbeer, but she hadn’t eaten for about THREE OR FOUR HOURS and she was absolutely starving. She could wait until she got back to school and eat there, but if she had a meal here she could hide her face and enjoy the rest of her birthday in peace.

Aoife went to sit under the big oak tree by the lake in the shade. She’d already opened her presents from family that morning, which cheered her up enormously. A new Shaun the Sheep mug from her sister, although it wasn’t the limited edition one that she’d broken at Christmas. Some muggle prank stuff from a couple of her brothers. A huge package of muggle sweets and chocolate. A used plane ticket from Hungary to Norway. Thinking about her family again brought a smile to her face. She missed them. It was good she’d see them in a couple of days.

Well, this was a crap birthday but there were some good things to be optimistic about.

banners!:

Back to top Go down
Phineas Button

Phineas Button

My Character
Activity: Hufflepuff Dropout

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Boredom (Open)   Birthday Boredom (Open) EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 11:35 pm

Phin was bored. And what did he do when he was bored? He liked to skip around in random places. The day was nice, and it was close to the last day of term, so he decided to explore the rest of the castle that he hadn't explored yet. That was pretty much the entire out side part of the castle. He was hoping he'd run into a special someone while skipping away down the halls and outside down by the lake.

Outside wasn't a familiar place to Phin. He was more of an indoors boy. He liked to actually cuddle with a book bye the fireplace, or go down to the library to study some even though that wasn't really important now that he was just a stupid first year. Now that first year was almost done, he was reflecting on how stupid first years actually where.

Especially him. He had gotten into fights, dressed up in tights (that rhymes), but most importantly, he made a friend. A friend who he knew would stick by him no matter what that git of a Gryffindor boy through his way. That kid maybe a third going on fourth year, but Phin might admit to himself that he thought he was smarter.

Yes, he was smarter. And Phin new it. Phin continued to skip down the hallways, and was just now reaching the gates of Hogwarts. More students where outside, but he was just looking for one. He decided to walk this time, since he was in public. If nobody was around, he would skip with pride. But, he didn't want to be made fun of for skipping.

So, he decided to go down to the lake. When he reached the black lake, he saw a familiar figure sitting on the tree, and he smiled, but noticed how sad she looked. Why was she always sad all the time? She had no reason to be. She was perfect.

Phin walked over to her casually and said, "Hey Offie!"

He figured that since she had a nickname for him, he had to have one for her.

Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Boredom (Open)   Birthday Boredom (Open) EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 5:32 pm

As she sat there under a tree, reflecting on the meaning on life and whether she should be making something more of hers, she didn't pay any attention to the shadow of a figure she could see on the ground. Whoever it was probably didn't care about her and wouldn't talk.

But then the person talked and Aoife smiled to see it was Phin. "Hi!" she said quite happily. This was one of her best friends at Hogwarts, so it was perfectly acceptable to brighten up a bit and enjoy her birthday. "Wait.. Offie? What's with that?" What kind of nickname was OFFIE? "You can do better than that." She didn't mean to be harsh, but if he went around school calling her that he'd be getting a smack around the head.

Even though his nickname was stupid, Phin was a great kid. She'd always wanted a little brother and he was like that. When he was around, she felt very protective over him. Mainly because she was terrified of what he'd do without her. Him trying to start a fight with Hunter was ridiculous and he had no chance. If a situation like that occurred again, with someone who wouldn't be willing to let him go and she wasn't there, he was in a lot of danger.

"So how are you?" she asked, grinning. He seemed happy enough, just like always. Aoife envied how easy it was for him to always be like that and keep that happy smile on permanently. "Did you enjoy the party last night?" Surprisingly, she had a bit of fun and it wasn't a complete waste of time turning up.

banners!:

Back to top Go down
Phineas Button

Phineas Button

My Character
Activity: Hufflepuff Dropout

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Boredom (Open)   Birthday Boredom (Open) EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 3:28 am

Yeah... That nickname was kind of stupid. He didn't know why he even said it. Maybe to try and be cool in front of her? He looked down, and blushed a little bit. Why did he have to be so embarrassed easily? Oh well...he embarrassed himself enough going as Peter Pan to the party that practically the whole school was invited to.

He then realized that he was probably just starring off into space, and answered her question. He said, "I'm alright. Just bored. And, yeah, it was ok..." There we go...Play it cool Phin. There we go! So, without asking for permission, he went and sat next to her. He didn't think she'd mind. Why all of the sudden was he worried about what she thought?

oh well...He asked, "So what brings you out here?"

Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Boredom (Open)   Birthday Boredom (Open) EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 6:07 pm

Suddenly she felt a bit bad about being so straight-forward and dismissing his nickname as stupid. He looked so embarrassed, poor kid. But she didn't regret it enough to apologize or tell him that the nickname wasn't actually that bad. Because it was a terrible nickname and she didn't like apologizing, especially if the reason wasn't good enough and she didn't mean it.

Bored. Like her. "Oh well, you have meeeee now!" she said brightly. They could be bored together, chilling under this big tree. On cue with her thoughts, he came and sat down by her. "I had fun! It wasn't that bad! The food was SO good!" They had butterbeer cake, which was amazing and tasted just as good as the first time. The first time being Hunter's bloody party, which she'd actually been stupid enough to organize.

"I'm bored too," she nodded. "I finished work - did I tell you I work at the ice-cream place in Hogsmeade? - and opened my birthday presents, so I haven't got anything else to do. Except-" Aoife winked at Phin and bounced up. She began quickly climbing the tree until she got up to a high, strong branch. She dangled upside-down from it. "-climb trees!" She used to do this all the time when she was at home, when she was happy.

banners!:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Boredom (Open)   Birthday Boredom (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Birthday Boredom (Open)
Page 1 of 1