HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Could Work Be Any More Boring? (OPEN) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Could Work Be Any More Boring? (OPEN) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Could Work Be Any More Boring? (OPEN) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Could Work Be Any More Boring? (OPEN) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Could Work Be Any More Boring? (OPEN) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Could Work Be Any More Boring? (OPEN) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Could Work Be Any More Boring? (OPEN) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Could Work Be Any More Boring? (OPEN) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Could Work Be Any More Boring? (OPEN) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Could Work Be Any More Boring? (OPEN) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Could Work Be Any More Boring? (OPEN) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Could Work Be Any More Boring? (OPEN) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Could Work Be Any More Boring? (OPEN) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Could Work Be Any More Boring? (OPEN) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Could Work Be Any More Boring? (OPEN) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Could Work Be Any More Boring? (OPEN)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character
::
Activity: Trainee Auror

Could Work Be Any More Boring? (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: Could Work Be Any More Boring? (OPEN)   Could Work Be Any More Boring? (OPEN) EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 10:37 pm

In the same way that Hunter didn't feel the need to take classes seriously, he was also pretty much a worthless employee, as far as work ethic was concerned. The only difference was that the place he worked was awesome, and he was actually pretty familiar with the products. And he didn't mind helping people find what they were looking for, because it usually involved a conversation about some hilarious prank. Of course, sometimes, there were stupid customers, like annoying girls looking for love potions. And then there was that one kid - was Derek his name? - who always gave him strange looks when he was in. Hunter had no idea why.

But in general, Hunter didn't mind his job. Even when it was busy and he had to actually put some effort into the day. But now, it wasn't busy, which meant that Hunter was able to just sit around and eat the candy at the front counter. Once the most recent customer left, Hunter did a lap around the store to see if there was anything he needed to stock up on - not that there was anyone to buy for anymore. Aoife still wasn't speaking to him - well, not speaking normally to him at least. And Seren wasn't interested in that kind of thing. Well, there's always Ariel, Hunter thought to himself, looking at a set of extendable ears. Would she have a set already? Probably not, since she couldn't visit Hogsmeade yet, so Hunter decided to put them in the staff room and pay for them before he left. He got a great discount, so there was no real reason not to buy whatever he wanted.

When he made it back up to the front, he rounded the counter and pushed the staff room door open to drop the pack of ears off by his bag. On his way back into the store, he grabbed a butterbeer from the corner - the boss didn't mind Hunter having butterbeer while he was working, as long as Hunter didn't mind the boss drinking his butterbeer. It was a decent trade. Finding that there was still nobody in the store, Hunter grabbed the large jar of bertie botts and hopped up onto the far end of the counter, kicking his feet up onto it and leaning back against the spot where the counter met the wall. Taking a swig of butterbeer and popping a few bertie botts into his mouth, he took a moment to appreciate the fact that he definitely had the best job ever.

Banners:

Back to top Go down
Kynan Walters
Adult
Kynan Walters

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor - Year 3

PostSubject: SORRY IF ITS SHORT IM ON MY PHONE   Could Work Be Any More Boring? (OPEN) EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 9:46 pm

Although Kynan was in his fifth year, one of the most serious years a Hogwarts student could have, that didn't stop him the least bit from going to Hogsmeade. His parents were writing to Aylee, telling her to study for her last few years and sometimes telling her to check up on him. It seemed that they were paying loads more attention to her than him, since she would be graduating in a few months. Due to all that jealousy, Kynan usually went to Hogsmeade when he could, just to cool off.

He always went alone, because of his lack of friends. There was Maya, but the only time the two of them saw each other these days was mostly in class or the corridors, unlike in their first year, when they were bumping into each other all the time. Aylee had called it fate back then, and used to romanticise it all the time. Kynan had called it stupid, but ended up liking it. He liked bumping into Maya. In the end, though, he just ended up being alone.

On that one afternoon, Kynan was out in Hogsmeade again. He walked alone, with his hands in his pockets as he watched people around him. Everyone was in pairs or in groups. He sighed. He had been planning for ages to ask Maya out to Hogsmeade with him but he had kept putting it off for ages. That Hunter kid had already asked Aoife out, and the two were only in their third year! Kynan sighed, mentally slapping himself for the hundredth time.

In the end he ended up walking into Zonko's. The shop was usually supplied with some cool prank stuff. For the last two years, Kynan had visited to buy things to prank his family back in Glasgow. He decided that he might as well buy something since he still had some Galleons from his parents' pocket money. He casually walked into the store, expecting to find the place crowded, but only to find Hunter chilling at the counter with butterbeer and sweets.

"You're a git, did you know that?" Kynan said immediately, but his face was full of laughter. It was quite funny watching Hunter with his feet on a store counter like he owned the place.

Could Work Be Any More Boring? (OPEN) Gryffindor_zps92bf4417
^ By Hunter 'cause he's cool like that. ^

banners:

Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Could Work Be Any More Boring? (OPEN)   Could Work Be Any More Boring? (OPEN) EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 12:33 am

Hunter looked glanced toward the entrance and sat up lazily when he heard the door to the shop open. Damn, and he'd only made it halfway through his butterbeer! But then, he recognized the person that stepped inside. "Kynan!"The older boy called him a git the moment he saw him, and a wide grin spread across Hunter's face at the comment. "So I've been told," he laughed with a shrug, instantly slouching back against the wall again and taking another swig of butterbeer.

"I'm glad it's just you," Hunter said sincerely. "I was worried you were a customer or something - well, technically you are a customer I guess." But he was also Kynan, so he didn't count. "But you know your way around and everything. And I'll give you my discount if you don't make me get up for anything." Because Hunter was lazy, and he didn't feel like doing anything at the moment. And he needed to finish his butterbeer. "Bertie Botts? Free of charge!"

Hunter realized that he hadn't really talked to Kynan in a while. He hesitated as he realized that it was probably his fault, considering that he'd turned into an antisocial git since the whole Aoife thing. Only recently had Hunter really started enjoying company again - and Kynan was probably the coolest person he knew, besides maybe Ariel, so he decided that it was worth it to make an effort to keep the conversation going.

"So how's fifth year been?" Hunter asked him from his vantage point on the counter. "Is it really as bad as everyone says?" Not that Kynan was the person to ask - he was possibly the only person in the school who cared less about class than Hunter. "Are you here by yourself?" he added when he suddenly realized that Kynan had come in alone. On a Hogsmeade weekend. "Where's Aylee? Or what's-her-name? Maya, right?" Kynan had never struck Hunter as the type to wander around on his own.

Banners:

Back to top Go down
Kynan Walters
Adult
Kynan Walters

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor - Year 3

PostSubject: Re: Could Work Be Any More Boring? (OPEN)   Could Work Be Any More Boring? (OPEN) EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 3:23 pm

It didn't surprise Kynan that Hunter made no movement to get up and help him as a worker of Zonko's Joke Shop. The boy kept drinking his butterbeer and actually pretending he was a cool guy. Not that he wasn't, but the way Hunter was sitting was too funny to Kynan. Hunter was known for his big stomach and quite-a-big ego. Aylee once told him that Hunter could be the mini-Kynan version. He laughed aloud at the thought.

Then, Hunter told him that he could buy anything with his discount as long as he didn't make him get up. "No problem," Kynan grinned wickedly. "You probably shouldn't trust me like that, but, yeah, okay." He moved over and took a handful of Hunter's bertie botts beans. After putting a red one in his mouth (which turned out to be chili), Kynan walked around the shelves and tried to see what was worth buying this year. As he was contemplating buying fake blood (he could trick his family into thinking he was dead, but, being that kind of family, they'd call an ambulance immediately) Hunter was asking something from the counter.

"Yeah, I guess," Kynan replied, talking as he continued browsing the shelves. He was bored, and when he was bored, he talked. "I barely study for it, but it's still kind of stressful. The professors have been pressuring us to study since easter, and we're already supposed to be thinking about our careers. A bunch of bullcrap, in my opinion. All I need for my awesome future career is a broomstick and a quill." Then Hunter was asking if he was alone and where his friends were. The only people mentioned were Aylee and Maya, and Kynan didn't even pause for a moment before replying, "Busy." He let another moment pass and said, "They're both busy."

He then smiled in attempt to conceal his loneliness and pulled out a box of Nose-Biting Teacups to show to Hunter. "What do you think of these?" he asked. "Mum and Aylee like taking tea sometimes, what if one of them bit their noses?" Then, Kynan pulled out Dungbombs from the shelf as well, "Or this for my dad's room?"

Could Work Be Any More Boring? (OPEN) Gryffindor_zps92bf4417
^ By Hunter 'cause he's cool like that. ^

banners:

Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Could Work Be Any More Boring? (OPEN)   Could Work Be Any More Boring? (OPEN) EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 6:58 pm

Hunter shrugged. "You can buy the whole store, for all I care. Doesn't make a difference to me." Really, what did Hunter care if Kynan took home half of the inventory at half the price? It wasn't like Hunter got anything from the sales that took place during the day. Although that would be pretty awesome if he did. Then, maybe he wouldn't be such a lackluster employee - actually, he would still probably just lounge around and do as little as possible, even if that were the case. He wasn't that easily motivated.

Hunter listened vaguely as Kynan discussed the pressures of being a fifth year while he browsed. "Sounds boring," Hunter said. "You still have two years before you finish - you'd think they'd let you enjoy it." After tossing another handful of bertie botts into his mouth, he asked Kynan a different question. "What about your sister, what's she going to do? Since she's in her last year and all." Hunter didn't know Aylee very well, but he was a little curious about what wizards did after school. All Hunter had ever planned on doing was to continue taking care of his family's farm at home with Jack.

Hunter raised an eyebrow in surprise as Kynan said that both Aylee and Maya were busy without missing a beat, and then repeated his response after a moment of silence. "Busy," he repeated a little skeptically. "On a Hogsmeade weekend?" It was no secret that Kynan seemed to like Maya - Aoife had mentioned it when she and Hunter were still friends. And unlike Hunter's situation, Kynan still seemed to be on good terms with his pretty redheaded friend. So why was he by himself? Hunter didn't push the subject any further, not wanting to cause trouble.

"The teacups are hilarious," Hunter responded instantly to Kynan's question, slipping back into his usual, relaxed persona."Especially if you use it on a muggle. I gave my mum tea in one over the summer!" She'd just about skinned him for it, but it was completely worth it. "That one's pretty good, too," Hunter said, pointing across the store at a wall stocked with tubes of lotion. "Fake mustache cream. Or at least that's what it's supposed to be, but it actually makes hair grow wherever you rub it. Just swap it out with Aylee's lotion or something. I've been meaning to do it to Lyra, but I can't get into her dorm because of the stupid staircase." Honestly, who thought that making the staircase turn into a slide was a good idea? It was unfair that Lyra could get into his room, but he couldn't get into hers to prank her.

Banners:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could Work Be Any More Boring? (OPEN)   Could Work Be Any More Boring? (OPEN) Empty

Back to top Go down

Could Work Be Any More Boring? (OPEN)
Page 1 of 1