HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Sat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Sat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Fri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Mon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Sun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Sun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Mon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Wed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Tue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Mon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Sun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Share | 

Afraid of Heights (OPEN)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Victoria Campero
Adult

My Character
::
Activity: Ravenclaw- Year I

PostSubject: Afraid of Heights (OPEN)   Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:08 pm

The bright sun and the clear sky had made this day warmer than most. It was Saturday so Victoria had spent most of the morning blissfully sleeping in her bed. She woke up so late that she had almost missed lunch. She was never a morning person so sleeping in was a natural part of her daily routine. Until she came to Hogwarts of course, where most of her classes were schedules in the mornings. After three years Victoria had almost gotten use to waking up early, but there were still days when it was insanely difficult.

She had finished all of her homework the day before so she was free to completely enjoy this sunny afternoon. Just a single glance at her skin made her scoff. Her once golden and sun kissed skin was now a few shades paler. The constant rain and poor weather had made her skin whiter than usual. This made her miss the beaches of Brazil even more, where she would tan all day and swim in the ocean. But surely people tan here too? Without thinking about it much further, she grabbed a large soft towel and left the Ravenclaw tower.

After some consideration, she realized that the stone bridge was the perfect place for her. The sun beams came down just at the right angle here, which made it one of the warmest spots in Hogwarts. Glad that the bridge was desolate so she could have her privacy, her eyes gazed at the view beyond the bridge railings. Realizing how high up she was, Victoria took a few steps backwards. She never got over her childhood fear of heights. Victoria spread out her large towel on the ground and laid down. Rolling up her sleeves and her leg trousers, she let her skin soak up all the sun it possibly could.

Made by the amazing Lucy Malfoy Smile
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin

My Character
Activity: Trainee Auror

PostSubject: Re: Afraid of Heights (OPEN)   Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:13 am

Ever since Hunter had started his Felix Felices potion, he had surprised himself completely by continuing to work on it. It was quite amazing, really, to watch the potion change as he worked through the stages. He was about a week into it, and it was time for him to add another batch of ingredients. Though he'd started it in the potions classroom, he'd since brought it back to his dormitory and left it on a low burner on his bedside table. That way, it was easier for Hunter to tend to it on a daily basis - the stupid thing required a lot of attention, and sometimes he had to run up between classes just to stir it.

But today, Hunter had to do more than stir it. He needed to add a vial of bubotuber pus, along with honey, ginger and flobberworm mucus. None of which Hunter had enough of. So that meant he had to take a trip down to the potions storeroom to gather what he needed. He wasn't sure if he was really allowed to take ingredients from the storeroom. But he hadn't asked specifically so that if he were caught, he could say he didn't know. It was a flawless plan, really.

In truth, working on the potion was just one of the things that took his mind off of Aoife. It was really getting tiring, not being able to get her out of his head. He tried to keep his mind busy. He tried to replace her with Seren. But nothing really helped. Well, nothing helped enough. Hunter was pretty sure that he was just doomed to have Aoife embedded in his mind forever - for the rest of his life. Because honestly, how long did it take to stop caring about someone? Surely, by now, it shouldn't matter anymore. But it did. And as usual, Hunter's thoughts put him in a place where he wasn't paying attention to the world around him. So when he took the shortcut across the stone bridge, he tripped over something on the ground and soon was sprawled out on the cold stone surface.

When Hunter turned around, he saw that it wasn't a something that he'd tripped over. It was a someone! Victoria! "Damn it," he said under his voice, swiveling around so that he could look at her. "I'm so sorry Victoria, I wasn't looking where I was going - " Why was Hunter so accident prone all the time? Oh, and why was Victoria laying in the middle of the bridge? "Er, what are you doing?" he asked curiously. She had a towel - tanning, maybe? In the middle of the bridge? That made sense - sort of...

Banners:

Back to top Go down
Victoria Campero
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Afraid of Heights (OPEN)   Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:42 am

Victoria had enjoyed about twenty minutes of sun until her skin started to sting a little bit. She could only last a few more minutes without becoming red as a lobster which, for someone with her origins, was just plain shameful. She stretched her arms out preparing to get up but someone had tripped over her in the process. "Filha da puta!! Merda...", she swore out loud in her native tongue as her hand started to bruise. With the help of her other hand she slowly propped herself up and was ready to continue swearing at the idiot who ruined her tanning session. You really can't get a moment of privacy in this place.

"Hey! Idiot! Can't you see...", she started shouting at the annoying and clumsy person who tripped over her but one glance across the bridge showed her that it was Hunter. She took a deep breath to calm herself down and threw him an apologetic smile. She couldn't really be that mad at Hunter, even if she tried. Besides, she knew that he didn't mean to do it. "Oh Hunter! Hi. It's fine, really... I was just tanning", Victoria explained just realizing how strange that might sound to someone. And considering that she had picked a rather strange place do to it. "The light... it's the strongest at this bridge. Because of the angle, you see? And... oh never mind. I was just trying to get rid of my paleness", she ended with a chuckle.

Picking up her towel, she took a few steps towards Hunter. "What are you up to? Most students are at lunch I believe", she inquired curiously. Victoria had picked this time intentionally to avoid crowds of people stomping on her. But obviously her timing wasn't that perfect. "Oh and sorry I swore at you. And yelled. That just - came out", she apologized sincerely to Hunter. Perhaps it was better she swore in her native tongue as at least that way Hunter did not understand it. Or she had hoped he didn't.

Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Afraid of Heights (OPEN)   Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:48 pm

Hunter raised his eyebrows in surprise when Victoria started shouting at him in what sounded like Spanish. He wasn't sure what it was supposed to mean, but she didn't sound happy. The next phrase she used was English, so Hunter understood it easily. In the past, it wouldn't have phased him in the slightest. But lately, he'd been having trouble keeping his temper subdued and he found his face set into a glare. He was about to tell her that she shouldn't be laying in the middle of the bridge to begin with when Victoria actually looked up and recognized him.

Her apologetic smile was enough to calm his irritability a bit, though he didn't return it. It didn't take much to push him into a bad mood lately, and though he wasn't angry at her it wasn't easy for Hunter to regain a positive attitude once he'd lost it. "Tanning," he repeated, looking at Victoria a little strangely. As she started to explain about the angle of the sun, Hunter raised an eyebrow at her. "This is why I'm not in Ravenclaw, I guess," Hunter said, a slight joking tone to his voice. He didn't care much for tanning. He'd get his share of sun when he got home and went back to work on the farm.

Then, Victoria was apologizing for swearing at him, as though she'd forgotten to do that in the first place. And it was enough for him to sigh and give her a slightly tired smile. In reality, if someone had tripped over him at this point in time, he would have probably tackled them or hit them in the face - he doubted he'd even think to use his wand. He didn't use his wand for much, actually. "It's fine, don't worry about it. Did I hurt you?" he asked her, furrowing his brow.

Oh yeah, he was supposed to be at lunch. "Er, I'm just - " After a short hesitation, Hunter decided that Victoria had no reason to tell anyone that he was taking ingredients from the storeroom, so he went ahead and told her what he was doing. "I'm working on a potion, but I need more ingredients from the storeroom." He didn't mention that it was actually Felix Felices. It didn't matter much. Suddenly, Hunter wondered what Victoria thought of him - she was more Aoife's friend than his, wasn't she? Wouldn't she be on her side in this fight? The thought made Hunter a bit self-conscious in front of her - what if Aoife had told her about his stunt in Hogsmeade? But Victoria wasn't treating him any differently, so Hunter decided to just act normally - well, as normal as he could anymore. It wasn't easy.

Banners:

Back to top Go down
Victoria Campero
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Afraid of Heights (OPEN)   Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:33 pm

Watching the scoff on Hunter's lips and the anger in his eyes had made her worried. She could tell that the Gryffindor was holding back from saying something, and perhaps that was for the best. There was no need to get upset over a silly and harmless accident such as this. In her memory of him, Hunter had a mild temper and a kind nature that couldn't be shook so quickly. Or at least he use to. She then realized that it had been awhile since she had a direct conversation with him. People change, for better and for worse. And Hunter definitely seemed... different in a way.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know it was you", she said feeling the need to apologize once more. Maybe it wasn't the best decision to tan on the middle of a bridge, for this reason precisely. But lunch was the only time the rest of the castle seemed partly desolated. For who in their right mind would skip all that amazing food? Apparently, Hunter and Victoria would. "Oh no. Nonsense. I am fine", she assured him with a smile and a nod. Victoria was glad that his mood seemed a little lighter, but certainly no where near jovial or happy. 

But then... if Victoria was here for tanning, what was Hunter doing? And in all honestly, his answer had shocked her but strangely in a good way. She had never seen him as the type that sneaked around the castle and stole ingredients from the storeroom. Because that is what it was - stealing. Although Victoria always preferred to think of it as borrowing ingredients, for a important purpose of course. "You? You are taking things from the storeroom?", she asked finding it difficult to hide her shock. "Brilliant!", she finally exclaimed with a genuine grin on her face.

"What kind of potion?!", Victoria asked curiously, not being able to help herself. This all reminded her of the time she got caught stealing ingredients from her dad's supply closet. She was only about six years old and was secretly making a potion to turn her cat purple, which at the time was her favorite color. It would never work of course as she was just randomly adding things to the cauldron and pretending she knew what she was doing. Afterwards, instead of behaving herself for a change she just got better at not getting caught. It was a skill she was justly proud of.

"I can help you know. If you need it I mean. I am pretty good at potions. And besides, you will need someone on the look out, to make sure you don't get caught. The last thing you would want is detention", she said trying to prove her point.

Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Afraid of Heights (OPEN)   Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:15 pm

"It's not a big deal, really," Hunter said, cutting Victoria off when she tried to apologize again. "I would've reacted worse than you if it were the other way around." Because Hunter couldn't go twenty minutes without someone getting on his nerves anymore. He nodded when Victoria said she was fine. "Okay, good." He wasn't so insensitive that he was beyond caring if he'd hurt someone. Depending on who the someone was, of course.

When he told Victoria what he was doing, the look on her face made it clear that she'd picked up that he was doing so without permission. Damn, Hunter thought to himself, taking the shock on her face as disapproval. Maybe he shouldn't have told her - if she ratted him out, he'd have to start all over. And he'd already put a week of hard work into the potion to begin with.

But then, to his surprise, a huge smile lit Victoria's face face, and Hunter let out a relieved breath. He dawned a slightly amused look once he realized that Victoria seemed to think he wouldn't be the type of person to do anything less than honest. "What, did you think I was above that or something?" he asked her, raising an eyebrow at her. "And it's not actually stealing, since nobody's told me I can't. Because I didn't bother to ask," he said with a nonchalant shrug.

Hunter hesitated when Victoria asked which potion he was making. "Felix Felices," he finally said, wondering if she'd heard of it before. She probably had, since she had wizard parents. Seren had known what it was the moment she'd seen the page in his book - it would only make sense that Victoria would as well. Would she tell him that it was impossible for him to make it? Maybe. It probably was impossible. "I'm about a week into it," he explained. "And it takes two weeks to make."

What? Victoria wanted to help him steal from the potion's closet? Hunter looked at her for a moment, weighing the pros and cons of the situation. Having someone to help make sure the coast was clear was never a bad thing. So in the end, Hunter ended up nodding. "I need bubotuber pus, honey, ginger and flobberworm mucus," he told her. "It shouldn't take me long to grab it all. If you want, I could show you how it looks so far later on - I'm a little worried, because it's supposed to be teal right now, and it looks a bit too green. And if it isn't exactly right when it's done, it can be fatal." Yep, if the potion wasn't exactly the right shade of gold and Hunter drank it, it would most likely kill him. So he had to get it right.

Banners:

Back to top Go down
Victoria Campero
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Afraid of Heights (OPEN)   Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:15 am

"Well, yeah! I never took you for the troublemaker type. I thought of you more as a goody two shoes Gryffindor", Victoria admitted with a chuckle. But from experience she knew that polite and well behaved students were as inclined to trouble and stupid decisions as the rest of us. It's just that they had the common sense to avoid being caught. That was the only real difference. She laughed at his reasoning and excuse, which was even better then hers. "I just see it as borrowing - you know for a noble cause", she said with a joking smile.

Victoria was fully on board to help Hunter with his potion, but she started having her doubts when she heard what exactly was he making. She was expecting a polyjuice potions or perhaps a potion for a silly prank where it makes you grow a beard. Something like that! But definitely not Felix Felices, the potion you could actually die from if made wrong. Like actually die! Did he know that? Victoria certainly hoped so. "Oh! Wow... Umm ok. I guess. That is one serious potion. Are you sure you know what you are doing?", she asked risking the change of sounding like a nagging parent. 

"But if you are sure you want to do this... then yeah of course I will help you!", she added knowing that there is little chance of changing Hunter's mind when it's set to something. Her thoughts went to the library and the books she could take out to help them. I mean if they were going to do this, it has to be done right. Which meant no mistakes allowed. "One week in? That's good, but I am worried about the color. If it isn't right like you said, you need to fix it before going on. Otherwise it won't work for sure", she noted remembering a few texts she read about the potion. "I could get us a few books about it!"

She listened to the list of ingredients and tried to remember them all. So far, none were too difficult to find if you had access to the storeroom. And with Victoria making sure the coast was clear, their chances of not getting caught doubled. She liked to play it safe when facing a huge amount of detention. "Ok, seems simply enough! You can be in and out in just a few minutes and no one will see us. Right?", Victoria asked confirming their plan.  "Wait - how did you make the potion by yourself for one week?? It takes so much time and almost constant attention", she asked curiously.

Their crazy plan put aside, The Ravenclaw hadn't even considered the most important thing here - the why! Why would Hunter risk his life for this potion. Twenty four hours of unbelievable luck sounded amazing, but was it worth possible death? She certainly didn't think so, but Hunter clearly had a reason to think differently. "So... why do you want to make the Felix Felices? Besides the obvious reasons. I mean what are you planning to do with it? Whatever it is, you should make sure that it is worth the risk" she asked with a worried tone in her voice. 

Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Afraid of Heights (OPEN)   Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:08 am

"I'm not causing trouble," Hunter said, a mock-innocent look on his face. "Just going above and beyond the average student by working on my own time, you know?." Hunter knew that he'd never said anything less true in his life. If there was anyone who didn't care about homework and doing well in class, it was Hunter. In fact, he'd shocked even himself by taking such an obsessive interest in this stupid potion. "Right. Borrowing. With no intention of returning," he agreed with a shrug. It didn't really matter what he called it, as long as he got what he needed before the evening.

"No," Hunter admitted when Victoria asked if he was sure he knew what he was doing. "Well, not completely - I mean, I've never tried to make anything this difficult before. But up until now it's been reacting the right way." Except for that slightly off color - Hunter really hoped that after adding this batch of ingredients, it would clear up his concerns and put the mixture back on track.

Victoria seemed concerned about the color - Hunter had assumed she would know about the qualities of Felix, and he had been right. "I don't know what else I can do to bring it back to the right color now," he told her. "Though I could just be imagining that it's off - it could just be the light. I mean, teal's supposed to have some green in it, isn't it?" One person's definition of teal could definitely be different from another's. Maybe it was worth having Victoria for a second opinion. "You know, for a place that has talking portraits and moving photographs, you'd think that they'd at least have pictures in the textbooks to let you know you're doing things right."

Victoria seemed more than eager to help him, and was already talking about getting books about the topic and everything. "Typical Ravenclaw," Hunter grinned. "But yeah, grabbing the ingredients should be a piece of cake. I've been doing it all week." At first, Hunter had been worried that there would be some kind of alarm spell or something on the storeroom, but there wasn't. As long as he went when Professor Henley was at lunch, he didn't have any trouble.

How had he been keeping up with the potion? Sometimes Hunter wasn't sure himself. "It hasn't been easy," he told her. "It's in my dorm - Blake doesn't mind it, and it's just us, so it hasn't been a problem. But I've had to run up to Gryffindor Tower after almost every class - and I've had to skip a few to be sure I'm getting everything done at the right time. It needs stirred every hour and a half. Even at night. In short, it's a huge pain in the ass," he added. But it was better than focusing on the rest of his life. Wow. For a few minutes there, he'd almost completely forgotten that his life was a mess, and as the thoughts came back to him he felt his positivity falter.

He looked up sharply when Victoria asked him a question that he hadn't been prepared to answer - why was he trying to make this impossible potion? "Well, I won't drink it unless it's exactly right," Hunter told her quickly, both to dispel her concerns and to put off the first part of her question a bit longer. "I don't have a death wish."

Could he get away with not answering? Would she notice? Of course she would - if there was one thing Hunter had learned from hanging out with Seren, it was that Ravenclaws were the most observant people he'd ever met. Victoria would notice if he didn't answer, though she would probably have the tact to let it go - but she was risking detention to help him. The least he could do was answer what probably seemed like a simple question to her.

So, the weight of the past two weeks falling on him once more, Hunter sighed. "I've just - needed something to focus on," he said with a shrug. "I grabbed the book before term started, just for the hell of it. I didn't think I'd actually try to make any of the harder potions. But then Aoife - " Hunter cut himself off, not sure how to explain, and not sure if he wanted to. Victoria probably knew anyway, considering this was Hogwarts. And considering she was friends with Aoife. "Let's just say I've screwed things up so badly that luck might be the only thing that can help," he said finally. "And even then, I doubt it."

Banners:

Back to top Go down
Victoria Campero
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Afraid of Heights (OPEN)   Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:01 am

Hearing that Hunter's insane little project was going fine so far brought Victoria some peace of mind. At least he didn't blow up the Gryffindor tower or something like that. So far at least. Although Victoria remembered reading that as long as the potion stayed in the green color spectrum, it wasn't dangerous for its surrounding. But for the person who actually drinks it - well that's another thing. "I agree, pictures would be rather helpful. Although I am sure that if you did something disastrously wrong you would have known by now. So I have to say I'm pretty impressed VanDerberg. I've never realized that you took potions class so seriously that you are even willing to go that extra mile", Victoria said with a teasing smile.

"Hey!", she protested about his 'typical Ravenclaw' comment with a punch in the shoulder. Which was probably a rather pathetic punch, even for a girl. She was never a violent, physical contact kind of girl. She even avoided any and all kind of muggle sports her mother tried to push her into. No, Victoria was more of a if you cross me I will poison you in your sleep kind of girl, which of course was a much more elegant solution to the problem in her mind. "You complain now, but wait until you have to drink that thing. You will suddenly wish you had time to read the whole library", she warned him in her pretend-serious voice.

"Wow... that sounds tiring", Victoria commented out loud. Even thinking about waking up every one and a half hour made her feel exhausted. She had no idea how Hunter had managed to keep that up for a whole week. Not to mention class and homework. "So Blake knows as well? I am surprised that he didn't try to stop you. I would think that at least he would have that much common sense", she said with a laugh. "Then it is just the three of us that know about this?"

"Oh good. Glad to hear that. Because for a moment I was worried if I was helping you make a potion or assisting in a suicide", she said with a playful grin and a sarcastic tone. Although a point could be made about Hunter not being in a very cheerful mood lately - for good reasons though. Victoria was close enough to Aoife to know what was happening. But she truly didn't want to find herself in the middle of such things, so she tended to keep her opinion to herself. At least in public places. But unlike Aoife, Victoria didn't see the whole situation as so irreparable. Yes, both sides have made their mistakes. But whatever happened to forgive and forget?

Hearing Hunter talk about Aoife gave the Ravenclaw just the sparkle of hope she needed. Not that she would ever admit it out loud, but in her conversations to Aoife she did sort of pushed her to realize that going out with Hunter wouldn't be the worst thing in the world! Of course changing the opinion of such a stubborn girl will take some time, but she was getting close. And Hunter was definitely on the right path! "Yes- you did screw up", Victoria said with her voice a little too sharp than she would have wanted it to be. But she couldn't help it, Aoife was her friend too. "The truth is you both did", she finally said with a sigh. Why was this so difficult to accept? "Doesn't matter... No we will focus on getting you that potion just right."

Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Afraid of Heights (OPEN)   Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:55 pm

Hunter flashed Victoria a grin when she said that she was impressed. "Well, when you're only good at one subject, it isn't exactly that hard to decide what to focus on," he told her with a shrug. It wasn't that surprising that he'd impressed her, really, considering that he was the least likely student in the school to take on anything academically challenging on his own - well, except for Kynan, that is. "And believe me, I've surprised myself."

Apparently, she didn't appreciate his Ravenclaw comment, and it earned him a punch in the shoulder - well, Hunter assumed it was meant to be a punch. He just stared at her with an amused look, not even bothering to flinch at the impact. "If that was supposed to hurt, we need to work on your punching abilities," Hunter said, shaking his head. Hunter was good at punching lots of things. Like doors, for example. Maybe, if he punched like Victoria, he wouldn't have broken his hand. "No, I guarantee that even then, I'll still be perfectly happy that I didn't step foot into the library," Hunter said, and though his tone was a bit joking he completely meant it. He hated the library.

"Yeah, it's a little exhausting," Hunter agreed. But it was completely worth it, to keep his mood from dropping significantly each day. "It would be a little hard to hide it from him, considering I've been tending to a cauldron next to my bed every hour and a half for the past week," Hunter reasoned. If Blake minded, he hadn't said anything about it. "Well, Seren knows too," he said. "I actually started it in the potions classroom, and she came back for her book while I was working on it - " And then Hunter had cut all of his hair off and asked Seren to Hogsmeade in order to get a reaction from Aoife. Not his best plan.

Hunter raised an eyebrow at her next words. "No, just a potion," he said. "It's supposed to be, and I quote, 'a bright, shining yellow gold' according to the text." Hunter didn't realize that there was more than one type of gold. "I think it's supposed to be like the Gryffindor gold," he said uncertainly.

Hunter looked up sharply when Victoria's tone changed, telling him that he screwed up. Hadn't he just said that? And hadn't Aoife screwed up first? "Yes, well, she did throw a chair at me, in case you've forgotten," he said, his earlier depression replaced with a defensive tone. This was why he and Aoife still weren't talking. Because he was a stubborn git who refused to admit that he was wrong. But when Victoria continued on to say that they'd both screwed up, he breathed out a bit of his tension. "Yeah, well, it hardly matters now. We won't ever be friends again - she won't even look at me now." Right, the potion. Hunter just nodded in response. Was it really possible for him to get it right on his first try? Time would tell.

Banners:

Back to top Go down
Victoria Campero
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Afraid of Heights (OPEN)   Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:20 am

Victoria rolled her eyes when Hunter clearly wasn't impressed by the strength of her punch. Thankfully, she was a witch and relied on her wand for everything including defending herself. She could only imagine the horrible life she would have as a muggle - everyone could beat her up in a second! "Oh shut it! I am not a wrestler, am I?", she protested wondering if Hunter would understand that reference. "And I am still bringing those books. Just to be on the safe side" she said with stubbornly with a nod. People truly shouldn't underestimate the power and the importance of going to the library.

"Seren knows too?", she asked, for some reason not really surprised with that fact. The girl could be found circling Hunter more often than not lately. Which was probably his fault in the end - as he asked her out in the first place. "Alright, that is four people then. Which is fine as I don't think any of them would rat you out", she noted thinking that none of these people had any reason to betray Hunter's trust. As long as they kept what they knew a secret, everything could go by plan. And hopefully they could all avoid an insane amount of detention as well.

Ah, and the chair was mentioned. Of course! The most evident proof of Aoife's temporal insanity. "No... I haven't forgotten. Not her brightest moment I agree. But you weren't seriously hurt! So it all ended well, right?", she asked shrugging her shoulders, trying to dismiss the seriousness of the whole thing. Heck everyone goes crazy every once in awhile! Aoife just had a strange weapon of choice. "She just freaked out, that's it. Maybe because it was too early for her to accept some things. Do you get what I am saying?", Victoria said trying to explain her friend's behavior. 

Victoria quickly found herself taking a mediator's role in this conflict. She wanted to help and support her friend - who wanted nothing but to forget the whole incident ever happened. But convincing Aoife that her reaction was caused by fear and not something else was difficult. The Ravenclaw wanted to console Hunter and to give him hope. But would that be betraying Aoife's trust? How much could she say without crossing the line? "My parents had a divorce two years ago. We moved to a different country because of it. They couldn't look at each other for months! But now... they are friends. Time heals everything if you give it the chance". Well that last part was a lie. Her parents still weren't speaking to each other. At all. But that wouldn't make such a great pep talk, now would it?

Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Afraid of Heights (OPEN)   Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:18 am

"You shouldn't have to be a wrestler to be able to hit someone harder than that," Hunter commented, laughter evident in his voice. "What if you're mugged or something, and you don't have your wand? What are you gonna do then?" Hunter was particularly good at defending himself without his wand - he was great at doing a lot of things without his wand actually. The trouble was that he was no good at actually using it. Hunter just rolled his eyes when she insisted on utilizing the library. "You can, but you'll be the only one using them," he told her.

Hunter wasn't sure if Victoria sounded concerned about Seren knowing or not - Hunter wasn't concerned about it."Yeah, she knows," Hunter answered with a shrug. It wasn't as though he'd actually told her - she'd walked in on him because he wasn't really being careful at the time. Victoria went on to say that nobody had any reason to tell on him. "I'm not worried about it," he agreed. "Blake wouldn't say anything, and Seren wouldn't cause me trouble for no reason." After all, Blake was his friend. And Seren was his - something.

Hunter just stared at Victoria with a slightly incredulous look when she said it all ended well because he wasn't hurt. "Whether the chair that she launched - at by face - hurt me or not isn't really the point," he said darkly, shaking his head. "The point is that I thought we were best friends. And I was obviously wrong - if she was my best friend, she wouldn't have let this ruin everything." Honestly, she could have just said no - no harm done. But no. Hunter sighed irritably when she went on to say that Aoife just freaked out and that she was scared and blah, blah, blah. Hadn't everyone said this? Yes. Did any of them actually know Aoife? Obviously not, if that was what they thought. "If that were the case, she would've come around by now," Hunter said, shaking his head

Hunter tilted his head while he listened to Victoria talk about her parents. He hadn't known that about her before now. "That's why you moved here?," he asked, the edge taken off of his voice now. For a moment, he tried to picture his parents splitting up, but he just couldn't do it. It didn't seem possible. "That has to be hard, whether they're friends now or not." Just thinking about Victoria's parents divorcing and taking her to a completely different country made Hunter realize that his problems weren't really that significant in comparison to some people's. But that still didn't make them any more pleasant to deal with.

Banners:

Back to top Go down
Victoria Campero
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Afraid of Heights (OPEN)   Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:16 pm

Victoria raised her eyebrows at Hunter's question, already imagining a group of muggles robbing her on a street corner. "Well... I would be hopeless and probably just give them all my stuff", she admitted with a shrug of her shoulders. The truth was that she couldn't do anything without her wand, let alone defend herself. She would be rubbish at being a normally functioning muggle. "When you have a brother and as many male cousins as I do, you tend to learn how to avoid punches. Not give them", she said remembering her that her childhood was filled with reckless boys.

"Why did you ask Aoife out?", she asked curious as to what his answer will be. It was common knowledge that relationships were complicated to say the least and at times they ended badly for both sides. Hunter certainly wouldn't risk his friendship without a good enough reason. He must have thought or hoped at least that Aoife would like him back. And Victoria was certain that she did! Whether she would like to admit it or not. "Look she can't just ignore you for the next four years. That would be insane. Give her some time and she will come around, trust me on this", Victoria said trying to comfort the Gryffindor. She couldn't even imagine how difficult it was to lose your best friend.

Victoria licked her lips awkwardly when the topic of her parent's divorce was brought up. She suddenly realized that it would have been better if she hadn't brought it up at all. "Yeah I guess so", she responded softly. It was strange to talk about her family with someone, especially since it was a topic she avoided on purpose. Things were just easier that way. "But hey, I got to attend Hogwarts. Which is way cooler than the Brazilian school", she said on the bright side. 

As they were approaching the dungeons, Victoria felt the need to perfect their plan before heading to the storeroom. "Alright so I will stand at the beginning of the hallway and be on the look out for the potions professor. Or anyone that might pass by. You will take the ingredients and hide them somewhere. In your bag perhaps. And if we get caught... We can say that we were looking for some mandrake root to make a pepperup potion. You know, for our cold. That sounds innocent enough. And you have to act like you are sick", she said with a nod, pleased with her back up plan. The professor couldn't possibly punish them for wanting to cure a cold.

Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Afraid of Heights (OPEN)   Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:18 am

Hunter laughed at Victoria's answer. That was typical of someone who wasn't muggleborn though, he supposed. "See, I'm the complete opposite," he told her as they walked. "My first reaction, even here, would be to punch them in the face first and use my wand after - I guess that doesn't make me a very good wizard, though, does it?" he added with an amused breath. "I'm a muggle at heart," he told her with a grin. "Just a muggle that has the ability to do magic, but never feels like it." That sounded completely stupid, but it was true enough.

Hunters grin faded at Victoria's next question. Why had he asked Aoife out? Hunter frowned and ran a hand over his annoyingly short hair while he considered how to answer. "I don't know," he said slowly. "I just - something was different. For me at least. And I was putting so much energy into avoiding her that I thought it would be better to just come out and say it." That was putting it simply, but still more or less the reasoning that Hunter had used. "Guess I've never been known for having things just work out for me, though. Hence the potion," he added with a shrug.

Victoria had more to say about the matter, and Hunter listened even though it was nothing he hadn't heard before. And he shook his head at her words. "She might not ignore me forever, but it won't ever be the way it was," he told her. "I know her. This isn't just going to work itself out." Of course, Hunter could just go ahead and apologize, and then maybe it could work out. But he was too stubborn for that.

Hunter gave her his full attention when she responded to his comment about her parents. She sounded like she was trying to be optimistic, but her voice was definitely quieter when discussing the subject. "Who do you live with?" Hunter asked, hoping that he wasn't pushing his boundaries. After all, he wasn't that close with Victoria. "Your mum or your dad?"

Hunter had hardly noticed that they were approaching their destination, but Victoria had. And she was running through everything one more time. "You really are such a Ravenclaw," he joked again, not really paying much attention to the plan. Hunter didn't make plans. He just improvised. "Just relax and keep Henley busy if she comes this way," he told her. "I'll only be a minute."

Banners:

Back to top Go down
Victoria Campero
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Afraid of Heights (OPEN)   Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:02 am

"But you know, that might not be a bad first reaction at all. If you were fast enough you could knock them out before they even reach for a wand", Victoria said with a laugh. But when she thought about it further, physical self defense was a really useful skill to have. Especially since she can't use magic outside of Hogwarts for a very long time. Perhaps she will convince her mom to sign her up for boxing lessons over the summer. "So then do you still have a lot of friends back home? That are muggles I mean. Ist ju always feel strange when I am home during the summer and trying to meet people. I just think that they will notice that I act strange - or something like that", she admitted.

Victoria listened to Hunter talk about Aoife - the real reason they were here, planning to sneak into the potion's storeroom. She couldn't help but wonder if the Felix Felices would truly help him, in the way he wants it to at least. She knew that it changes your luck for 24 hours, but what would happen afterwards? Could he fix everything that was broken with Aoife in one day? And would that in the end change the way she felt about it? Victoria truly didn't know. "I hope it helps, you know. The potion", she told him with a supporting smile. All she could do now was try and help him get that potion right.

"I live with my mom in London. Well and with my brother as well. We just decided that it was best that way", she responded with a nod. There wasn't really a 'we' in the decision making process, but Victoria had no objection with living with her mother. She couldn't just leave her all alone after the divorce and her dad could make do on his own. "My dad is still in Brazil because of his job. He works in the ministry there and also travels a lot", she explained. That was the reason she hasn't seen her father in at least a year.

It was so typical that Hunter would just ignore her well thought out plan, but she was still sticking to it. You should always be prepared for the worst, not matter what. That way nothing could surprise you. "Alright. Just hurry up! I will wait here", Victoria said as she stood at the beginning of the corridor. She played with her fingers nervous as she waited for Hunter to come back. Her eyes scanned the area constantly, just to make sure that no one was around to see them. After awhile she started to get worried. He should have been back already! "Hunter???", she asked in a hushed tone hoping he would hear here.

Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Afraid of Heights (OPEN)   Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:50 am

Hunter shrugged. "Well, I'm not much good with my wand anyway," he told her. "Probably because I never practice. Maybe I should start," he added thoughtfully. Because really, he was going to be a failure of a wizard if he couldn't do any spells. But it wasn't like he wasn't getting better at all. He just didn't care to use magic.

"Oh yeah, I have loads of friends from down in the village!" Hunter told Victoria, nodding his head. "I've been homeschooled my whole life, but mum always signed us up for sports and other things, so we still had lots of kids to hang out with." He listened to Victoria and nodded, understanding where she was coming from to an extent. "I guess I know what you mean. It's different for though, because I'm used to being a muggle." It must be so hard for pureblood wizards to keep from being recognized, though, in Hunter's opinion. How would you know what to talk about and what not to? And how would you explain the fact that you don't know what a television is?

Hunter smiled back at Victoria when she told him that she hoped the potion would work. "Yeah, believe me, so do I," he agreed quietly. Then, thankfully, the conversation turned to Victoria. He listened carefully to her family situation, and wondered if there was more to it than she was letting on - especially since she didn't seem too keen to talk about it. "That must suck, having your dad live so far away."

Hunter laughed quietly when Victoria told him to hurry up, a slight hint of nerves in her voice. He stole around the corner and slipped into the potion's closet without incident. He found most of what he needed right away, but of course the last ingredient was nowhere to be found. But it had to be there! So, Hunter had to spend a bit of time checking behind every single jar for a bit of bubotuber pus. Finally, he managed to find it hiding behind a jar with a weird organ-like thing inside of it. He shoved it quickly into his bag with the others and took off down the corridor once more, just in time to hear Victoria call his name.

"Here!" he exclaimed, grabbing her by the arm and dragging her away from the scene of the crime. Once they were a safe distance away, Hunter slowed down and flashed her a grin. "Thanks for the help!" he told her. "I really have to hurry if I want to add these before it's too late," he added apologetically. "But I'll let you know if it works or not! Thanks again!" And finally, Hunter took off at a sprint up the stairs toward the common room, eager to complete the next step in his potion.

Banners:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Afraid of Heights (OPEN)   

Back to top Go down

Afraid of Heights (OPEN)
Page 1 of 1