Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
On My Own (Open) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
On My Own (Open) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
On My Own (Open) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
On My Own (Open) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
On My Own (Open) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
On My Own (Open) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
On My Own (Open) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
On My Own (Open) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
On My Own (Open) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
On My Own (Open) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
On My Own (Open) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
On My Own (Open) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
On My Own (Open) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
On My Own (Open) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
On My Own (Open) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

On My Own (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character
::
Activity: Gryffindor - Year 7, Head Girl

On My Own (Open) Empty
PostSubject: On My Own (Open)   On My Own (Open) EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 5:05 pm

Aoife thankfully hadn't seen Hunter since he turned up at work earlier in the day. At some point, though, she'd have to face him. She was debating with herself over whether to skip classes tomorrow again, since they had so many the same. No, that would be cowardly. It had been cowardly the first time and she wouldn't let herself do it again.

Once her shift finished, she had chatted with Derek for a bit, glad to have a shoulder to cry on. Quite literally. Then she'd slowly walked back to the castle and hidden in a deserted classroom for a while. Now, dinner was soon to start and she was trying to decide whether she was hungry or not. And, if she was hungry, could she face THEM? No. But maybe she'd change her mind by the time dinner started.

For now, she found herself in the girl's bathroom, wiping her eyes with a tissue and rubbing the lipstick off her lips. It had all smudged and only added to her disheveled, messy appearance that seemed to so often appear nowadays.

In the empty classroom, she had found herself giving up on the hate-teenagers thing and writing to her sister for advice. She never thought Claire could help her like this. As she stood in the bathroom, staring at her reflection in the mirror, she mused on what she'd done wrong. Maybe Aoife did almost "like" Hunter a bit. It was horrible to think, but she needed to start being honest with herself. She couldn't say why she'd said no. Maybe it just wasn't the time yet. Maybe she'd come around in the future.

Maybe Hunter would never talk to her again.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Campero
Adult
Victoria Campero

My Character
Activity: Ravenclaw- Year I

On My Own (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: On My Own (Open)   On My Own (Open) EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 2:18 am

After her little accident at the Quidditch pitch - but really it was more of an embarrassing event than an accident - Victoria had spent most of her day researching how to hide her bruises properly. They weren't that large or that painful, but they were still quite clearly visible. Because of her injury the Ravenclaw had to suffer through the constant questions, the concerns, the pity and the very common 'Oh you poor thing!' comments. She was being stopped by people she didn't even know just so they could find out what happened to her. Having Blake present while she crashed to the ground was embarrassing enough and the last thing she wanted was for the story to spread like most gossips do.

Victoria did know a few basic make up spells, almost all girls did. A few to help her cover up any zits that she had but even those didn't do her much good. They only managed to turn the blue color of the bruise into a light pink or orange, depending of the severity of the bruise. Which in the end made her look like a clown, so that spell was out of the question. After a detailed search through the library catalog she found a book that was filled with cover up spell. Surely one of those will have to work! Victoria checked out the book she picked and after a few annoying questions from the librarian headed up to her room.

The first spell was a complete disaster as it made her skin go yellow and the second one created strange patches of tan skin spread out randomly across her body. Considering that she couldn't see much of her progress on her little pocket mirror, Victoria headed to the girl's bathroom with the book in her hands. She was determined to find the right spell. It just had to be one of these! She simply refused to go to the Hospital Wing, even out of principle.

Rushing into the bathroom and towards a large mirror, she had barely noticed the girl standing next to her until she turned around. "Aoife??", she asked skeptically as she took a closer look.  It was a Gryffindor girl with red hair and light eyes. Her make up was smudged and her eyes were red, but in the end it was Aoife. Almost unrecognizable from the happy and loud girl Victoria had known her as. "Umm... I am sorry. I didn't mean to just barge in. Are you - ok?", she asked with a soft and concerned voice.
Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character

On My Own (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: On My Own (Open)   On My Own (Open) EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 5:23 pm

Aoife heard another girl (she supposed, anyway) come in. But she ignored whoever it was. So what if they saw her looking like a wreck? She was beyond the point of caring nowadays. Although, she continued to rub at her lipstick. What was this stuff? Did it only come off when she was trying to keep it on, or eating or something?

Then the person said her name, so she looked sideways. Victoria? "What happened? You look terrible!" All those bruises. Did she get in a fight or something? With Seren? Over someone killing her cat? "I mean, are you hurt? Obviously you look gorgeous." Mm. she'd just ended up always saying the wrong thing recently, or at least not conveying the right meaning straight away. It was just her mind being a git.

"No worries, it's a bathroom." She was pretty sure anyone could come in here. Any girl.

Aoife didn't bother holding back a snort at Victoria's question. "No," she answered bluntly. Even though she wasn't sure if her friend had been in Charms at the time of IT, she might still have an idea of what was happening if she'd seen Hunter clinging on to Seren, or heard it off one of Hogwart's gossip queens. If she hadn't, she was lucky. The redhead wished it had never happened.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Campero
Adult
Victoria Campero

My Character

On My Own (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: On My Own (Open)   On My Own (Open) EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 2:47 pm

Aoife's comment made Victoria reexamine her body in the mirror. The Gryffindor was right, she did look terrible. Her body was still covered in bruises ranging from light blue to dark purple. The tan patches on her skin that were mistakenly achieved by a spell were almost but not quite all gone. She sighed at her own reflection in the mirror and just looked away. She needed one of these spells to work. I mean how many days could she go around looking like a monster attacker her? "Thanks, but yeah I do look awful", she said with a chuckle as Aoife tried to make her feel better.

Victoria placed the book she was holding in her hand onto the sink and continued looking through it. Perhaps Aoife would have more knowledge about these spells than Victoria did. She really couldn't afford another disaster happening. And the last thing she wanted was to wake up with purple skin. "I was trying out these spells to try and cover up the bruises. But... as you can see it just made it worse", she said with an exhausted sigh.

At Aoife's snap 'No', Victoria put her book down and turned towards the Gryffindor. Hogwarts was a place were gossip traveled fast. The more interesting the story, the faster it would spread. So yes, she had heard certain things about Aoife. And even if she didn't, seeing the way she acted around Hunter and Seren was confirmation enough. So she had some idea about what was happening, but she didn't know the full story. "Do you... want to tell me what happened?", she asked with a soft voice. It was always better to just talk to people instead of believing the rumors. And besides, perhaps it would make Aoife feel better if she just had someone to talk to.
Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character

On My Own (Open) Empty
PostSubject: MY POSTS WILL BE BETTER STARTING NOW!   On My Own (Open) EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 5:30 pm

Not awful, just a bit battered and bruised. Aoife still didn't know what had happened. She was guessing either a quidditch accident or an incident where she had fallen down the stairs. The latter was less realistic as Victoria seemed much more sensible than that, unlike the redhead who had often tripped on various different staircases. To avoid the subject of how terrible the girl looked, she decided to get her answers on how she had come to look so bad. "What exactly happened?"

Of course, it wasn't all bruises. There were also traces of spells gone very, very wrong. She couldn't help her friend much there. "Uh.. coverupus?" she creatively made up on the spot. "Whatever you do, don't use reparo. It's actually meant only for objects." She smiled. "I accidentally used it on- nevermind." Aoife winced a little bit. She'd always thought that she was stronger than this, but even thinking about HIM made her stomach churn. WAIIIT. "Episkey. It's an old person spell. But you could probably handle it. Have you tried that yet?" Probably, Victoria was smart. "Or you could just go and see LoLo?" That surely would be easiest.

On one hand, she wanted to forget about everything and never say it out loud. On the other hand, she wanted to confide in someone and tell them everything. She had already tried the "forget it" thing and it didn't work, so to try her other option wouldn't be awful. Unless, of course, Vicky-Tori was helping HIM and knew exactly what had happened, from his point of view. Although, that wasn't very likely. The Ravenclaw wasn't that sort of backstabbing, evil brat.

"He asked me out. I threw a chair at him. He said he wished he'd never asked me out in the first place. I wish he hadn't." That was all fine. But now she'd started, she wasn't going to stop. "Today I was working. He cut his hair off" - at this point she couldn't help a little sob - "and deliberately brought HER in to get ice-cream. Just to make me angry." It didn't work too well. "But I didn't feel angry. I felt sad. And hungry. And I didn't know why. Because I HATE him." After all this, they would never be the most awesome best friends in the world ever again.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Campero
Adult
Victoria Campero

My Character

On My Own (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: On My Own (Open)   On My Own (Open) EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 10:06 pm

"A Quidditch accident. I had a not so graceful fall a few days ago", she said simply shrugging her shoulders. When she thought about it, it really was stupid trying to reach for that shot. Which then caused her leg to slip, made her lose her balance and ultimately crash to the ground. Fun times. "I was hoping that the bruises would just fade away, but that process isn't going as quickly as I had hoped", Victoria sighed. 

She chuckled at the idea of using reparo, but Victoria was certain that if she was desperate enough she would try anything. And desperation was slowly creeping onto her with every glance she took at her bruises. She had to get rid of them and fast. "Oh! Episkey! I haven't tried that one. That's brilliant. I guess if it works on broken bones it should work on a few bruises as well", Victoria said pulling out her wand. She pointed it at large bruise that was placed on her left wrist and said the incantation. "Ouch!", she yelled out in pain as the skin around her wrist tightened. But in a few seconds the purple colored bruise slowly faded away. "Well... it seems it is a painful process. But totally worth it though. Thank you. At least I can get rid of the small ones now", she said with a grateful smile.

Victoria listened careful to Aoife's story, which shocked her at some parts. She soon realized that by HER Aoife had meant Seren. It was no secret that the two of them had gone out for a few dates. Which didn't really make sense to Victoria because she didn't think they would make a good couple. Hunter and Seren had completely different personalities. Everyone could see that! Aoife and Hunter on the other hand... well she should probably just keep her opinion to herself.

"You... you threw a chair at him?? Don't you think that was a bit... too much?" she asked with her eyebrows raised. She just couldn't understand why such an angry reaction. And because of what? Because of one date? No, not even a date! A question of whether she would go on a date with him. "Well the part where he dangled Seren in front of you intentionally is an asshole move. But besides that... Hunter is not a bad guy. If you don't want to go out with him that's fine. You guys could still be friends. Although honestly I think you should have just said yes! Why not?"
Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character

On My Own (Open) Empty
PostSubject: #HUNGANA   On My Own (Open) EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 5:57 pm

Oh, that made sense. “Yeah, I love quidditch. But most of the time you end up with a load of cuts and bruises. Not that bad, usually, though.” Victoria’s case seemed to be one of the extreme, worst ones. “Do you like quidditch?” she asked curiously. “I mean, do you play a lot? Are you in the Ravenclaw team?” Aoife wondered if she’d ever be in a match against Vicky-Tori, showing off her awesome beater skills and winning the match for Gryffindor. But Hunter was on the team. Which sucked.

Wow, she’d actually come up with a helpful idea for the first time ever. So maybe it was incredibly painful for Vicky-Tori, but it actually got rid of quite a few of the girl’s small bruises. She smiled. “You’re welcome!” she said enthusiastically. While Vicky checked how she looked, the redhead continued to rub at the lipstick until she was completely satisfied that it was all gone. Maybe a spell would have been easier, but too late now. Why did she even think the lipstick was a good idea in the first place? It had only made her look stupid and ruined everything. Blaming the lipstick was easier than blaming herself.

Too much? “No, do you?” Aoife returned, placing a hand on her hip, clearly annoyed. “It didn’t hurt him, so it’s no big deal.” Why did everyone think differently? It was stupid and irritating. “Hunter is a bad guy. I will not apologise for his stupidity. Even if it means… if it means…” She swallowed nervously. “Never talking to him again.” It looked as though that was how things were going to work out at the moment.

“WHY NOT?” There was her, thinking that Victoria could understand, maybe make her feel better. “Firstly because he loves Seren, not me.” That wasn’t true and she knew it. Seren meant nothing to him and it was obvious. But that didn’t mean he liked Aoife that way. “Also because that’s gross. I won’t share my mouth germs with anyone, least of all Hunter.” There needed to be one more reason for effect, so she paused to brainstorm. “And because he’d be better with anyone than me. Seriously, he’d be better with MORGANA than me!” she exclaimed dramatically. That was saying something. They would be the weirdest couple ever.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Campero
Adult
Victoria Campero

My Character

On My Own (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: On My Own (Open)   On My Own (Open) EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 7:30 pm

Quidditch was known to be a rough sport, so some bumps and bruises were to be expected. But it is meant to be a fun and competitive game, not something detrimental to one's health. In some cases professional Quidditch players would break their nose or a bone or two. Certainly nothing more serious than that. I mean no one has died playing it, or at least to Victoria's knowledge. 

So how was it possible that Victoria got bruised so badly after a simple warm up? "Yeah I do! Everyone in my family plays. I'm not on the team yet, but I am planning to try out next term. Hence the practicing. Blake agreed to help me and we went to try out my new broom and well - things just didn't go that great from there on", she explained.

"Umm... no, I guess not. Not too much at all", the Ravenclaw responded quickly when she saw the glare in Aoife's eyes. Victoria was trying to prove a point, not get her friend even more furious and upset. "It's alright to be mad at him. But do you really believe that you will never speak to him again in the next fours years at Hogwarts? You are bound to forgive each other sooner or later. All I am saying is... why not make it sooner rather than later? I know you don't want to spend your time here hating Hunter. That would be pointless. And you might... regret it in the end", she said trying to get through to Aoife. Sometimes all you need is to look at the problem from a different perspective.

"You know he DOES NOT love Seren", Victoria said rolling her eyes at the though and making a mental reminder to smack Hunter for ever going out with her. "Or Morgana for that matter", she added. No, the truth was very clear: he loves Aoife! Her and no one else! And even throwing a chair at him won't change that. 

"Look it does not matter who he loves or does not love. You guys can still be friends... if you want to be just friends. Or you can date each other... that would be okay too", she said with a relaxed voice trying to 'gently' push Aoife towards the right direction. "But look I've said enough. I am here to help you. I'm all for trash taking about Seren... or Hunter - whatever you need", Victoria said with a smile. While truly, all she wanted to do was to scream out the words 'Hunter would make you happy'. But that would be counter productive.
Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character

On My Own (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: On My Own (Open)   On My Own (Open) EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 9:50 am

“Oh, really? Are you a pureblood then?” she asked curiously. At first Aoife had thought that not having any magical relatives would put her at a big disadvantage, but it was only learning the basics that she was a bit delayed in. There were plenty of other muggleborns at Hogwarts anyway. Still, maybe having played quidditch before because of her magical heritage might have helped her with flying and getting the hang of things quicker. It didn’t matter, because now she was amazing and practically ready to join the Ireland national quidditch team. “Have you ever been to a real quidditch match?” she added enthusiastically. The redhead would really like to but there was nobody to take her. One day she’d be old enough to go herself. She only then processed what Victoria had said and heard Blake among the stream of words. But she didn’t make a mean comment because she was starting to come around to the fact Blake wasn’t evil.

Ah good. Vicky-Tori was being nice. Oh wait, she’d gone back to trying to convince her that she should be friends with Hunter. “It’s not that easy,” she sighed. If Victoria ever got herself into a situation like this, she’d understand the pain, anger and sadness. But she probably didn’t understand yet. “I’ll talk to him eventually.” She needed time. “But that doesn’t mean we will ever be friends again.” She could easily go the rest of her Hogwarts years without liking him. She’d already gone almost three years with Blake and Seren, who she hated. If anything, Hunter was a distraction, holding her back from her schoolwork and future career prospects. Yeah, she could do SeriousAoife. Even if these career prospects were quidditch player and sheep farmer/campaigner.

She knew that Hunter didn’t love Seren, that he was using her, but he liked her as a friend, definitely. That was more than could be said for Aoife and Hunter. Seren was lucky. Not because she got to go out with him (ew gross) but because she got to talk to him and spend time with him on a regular basis. So she couldn't argue with Vicky about Hunter not properly loving Seren, or really say anything else without sounding stupid.

“We can't be friends,” Aoife insisted obstinately. She was relieved when Victoria realised she’d voiced her opinions plenty now, so there was no need to continue because she would not change her mind about anything.

Trash talking Seren and Hunter might be exactly what she needed or it might be a terrible idea that would only make her feel worse. She got the feeling that it was the latter. Still, she didn’t think Victoria would mind if she said nicer things. Not about Seren, though, she didn’t deserve anything nice said about her. “I miss Hunter,” she said quietly, with a little shrug. “Old Hunter. I wouldn’t want to be friends with this new Hunter. But I miss when we fingerpainted and looked for sheep and went on adventures and threw birthday parties for each other and talked and played quidditch.” There were so many good memories with that boy and she didn’t know what to do with them all. Because they were all crashing into her brain, floating round her head and making her want to cry. Or laugh.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Campero
Adult
Victoria Campero

My Character

On My Own (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: On My Own (Open)   On My Own (Open) EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 1:32 am

"Oh no, my mom is a muggle. But my dad's side is mainly pureblood", Victoria explained remembering how her grandparents always kept a distance from her family. It was their way of showing their infinite disapproval in their son's choice of a spouse. Her mom didn't really care much about other people's opinions, or at least she didn't show it. But now that her parents were divorced - well things were certainly different.

"Yes I have!", she responded with a grin when Aoife mentioned real Quidditch matches. If there was something Victoria loved more than playing Quidditch, then it was watching it. Her dad was Germany's biggest fan, right after Brazil of course. He would take his kids to all the matches he possibly could, which wasn't that often since his work demanded a lot of traveling abroad. But when they did get a chance to go, it was a family event. Even their mom went along, who never really understood not even the basic rules of Quidditch. She still cheered along with everyone else, as leaving her three young kids alone with their dad was a risky move. "My first match was Brazil and Japan. I think I was around ten. Unfortunately Brazil played rather poorly than night and they lost. My dad couldn't get over it for weeks! But we still had fun though."

Sometimes complicated relationships just needed time to develop in the right direction, and it seemed that Aoife and Hunter needed exactly that - some time apart. Perhaps if they spent a whole summer without each other's company they would see how silly this argument was! True friendships don't come that often and it is not wise to just throw them away over a disagreement. "Well, I guess you will see in time. I have a feeling that things will be different next year", Victoria said.

"I am sure that the old Hunter still has a lot of things in common with the new Hunter", she comforted her. People change for better or for worse, that was a fact. But Victoria firmly believed that the core of a person always stays the same. "Those memories don't become irrelevant just because you are not close anymore. And maybe you'll have even even better memories together well all of this cools off. You can never predict the future."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

On My Own (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: On My Own (Open)   On My Own (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

On My Own (Open)
Page 1 of 1