HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kellin Leo Malfoy

Kellin Leo Malfoy

My Character
::
Activity: Adult

DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells Empty
PostSubject: DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells   DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells EmptySat May 31, 2014 9:33 pm

DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells Final_11

Please take a look at the seating chart and take your spot. Today we will learn basic defensive spells, which is why you are all working together. I will need you to get with a partner later on in the lesson, so make your choices now. When the bell rings, please take out your wands and get ready to practice the spells. Meanwhile, be quiet.
Back to top Go down
Oliver Bennett
Head Boy
Head Boy
Oliver Bennett

My Character
Activity: Hufflepuff - Year 7, Head Boy, Three Broomsticks worker

PostSubject: Re: DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells   DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 3:46 am

Given that he hadn't had much class time for DADA, Oliver was definitely excited to attend classes this year! He walked up to the classroom with the brightest smile and looked around, noting that the professor was not in the room yet. He did see, however, that there was a seating chart on the board so after he placed his homework in the Homework Folder, Oliver took his spot.

He was to sit between Morgana and Ryland, and he remembered the first one from Charms class. She was quite the interesting Slytherin. Patiently, Oliver waited for anyone else to arrive. He was super excited for this class that he still had the silly grin on his face.

Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor - Year 7, Head Girl

PostSubject: Re: DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells   DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 12:43 pm

Aoife had never been on time for a DADA lesson in her entire life. It was a curse, definitely. This time, she was going to break the curse and be the first one there. Surely if she left half an hour before the class was due to start, no distractions could stop her making it. Like she'd told Hunter, she wanted to be Top Student and losing points was not her plan. It was more likely Leo would take points off her than give her detention, because he was a git like that.

Unsurprisingly, she made it! Maybe she wasn't the first there, but Leo hadn't arrived yet. That was a good sign.

"HI OLIVER!" Aoife beamed, dancing her way across the room to look at the seating chart. "I'm here on time, I'm here on tiiiiiiime," she sang quietly to herself. Oh, she got to sit next to one of her favourite old people, Aylee! Even though she was opposite Bill, Gryffindoggy was too far away to be mean to her! This was a good day.

After placing her incredibly good homework in the folder, she went to take her seat. Lalala. This was going to be fun.

banners!:

Back to top Go down
Tor Odin Gunnarson
Adult
Tor Odin Gunnarson

My Character
Activity: Curse Breaker

PostSubject: Re: DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells   DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 3:35 pm

Tor would be horribly embarrassed about being placed in the Regular Group with all the small children. That is, if he hadn't deliberately missed out questions. Maybe being a stupid foreign bloke wouldn't impress beautiful Morgana but it might get him some free passes in lessons, if he acted like he didn't understand anything the teacher said. Morgana didn't need to know what group he was in anyway, what with it being a joint glass.

Two small, annoying people were already there when he entered. Aoife. And the Hufflepuff boy from Charms. Without acknowledging either child, he went to give in his homework and took a look at the seating chart. Maya and Nadia. Whoever those two were, he didn't give two shits about them. He'd probably end up ignoring them for the whole lesson, unless they could help him. In his quest to get Morgana to be his lady.

Tor sat down at his desk and stared at the wall. Now why didn't the class start so he could get it over with?
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character
Activity: Junior Undersecretary to the Minister of Magic

PostSubject: Re: DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells   DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 11:00 pm

Morgana walked into the DaDA class, looking around and instantly wishing she'd waited a few more minutes. Aoife, Oliver and, worst of all, Tor. That guy was really getting on her nerves. But thank God, she wasn't seated next to him today. No, but she did sit next to Oliver. Seriously. It wasn't all that bad. The kid had charm. So she went and sat down, feeling all right with her spot. She didn't sit vis a vis Tor or Aoife, and though the redheaded idiot of a girl was a pain in the ass, she didn't mind working with her in the ice cream parlour. Something seemed to be more real about the girl there.

As for Tor… He wasn't the ugliest kid in the world, but Morgana honestly didn't care. He was annoying, and he was being stupid. So she didn't like him. She actively disliked him, actually. And therefore she liked professor Malfoy even more for placing her somewhere comfortable. Not that he'd know, really. But still.

She pulled out her wand and placed it on the desk. Basic defensive spells would most likely require it. She did also pull out her book and opened it to where she had gotten to, reading a bit more advanced things, as this was going to be an easy class.

Slytherin Pride:

Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character
Activity: Slytherin - Year 3

PostSubject: Re: DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells   DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 11:55 pm

Maya entered the DADA classroom a bit disappointed that she had been demoted to Regular DADA. Had the standard gone up or had she just under performed last term? These questions had been nagging at Maya ever since she had found out which class she had been put in. She always wanted to be better than she was and looking to improve and although she had answered the answer sheet the exact same as the term before she thought she had done enough to remain where she was. Obviously not and Maya had lost a lot of faith in the subject. In fact she ended up copying the assignment off of some guy who had left their answers lying around the common room.

Maya continued on into the classroom and noticed a seating chart. What was up with all these seating charts? She was beside some first or second year she didn't know all she knew was that she was a Gryffindor. And Tor was on her other side. Typical the guy she copied off was sitting beside her and he was already present. Hopefully their professor would never notice she really didn't feel like getting in trouble the first day back in class.

Maya took her seat next to the new Slytherin, she still hadn't figured out why he had shown up randomly at the start of sixth year. Maybe it was like Anthony and he was an exchange student too. Only one way to find out. "Hi I'm Maya." She said, hoping she wasn't distracting the guy from staring at the walls. His bored expression would suggest otherwise.

DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells Tumblr12
Credit to Aylee Walters for both!

Banner::

Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character
Activity: Trainee Auror

PostSubject: Re: DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells   DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 3:53 pm

Hunter was so bad at being on time. He'd completely slept in, and his useless friends hadn't woken him up. But maybe if he rushed he'd make it on time! Hurriedly pulling his robes over his head and gathering his books, Hunter took off at a run from the common room. He usually didn't care about being late, but he didn't really want to deal with Professor Malfoy's reaction if he was.

When he finally burst into the classroom, he was happy to see that nothing had really started yet. But he was a few minutes late. But hopefully since the professor hadn't begun class, he wouldn't take points. Still, Hunter figured that he'd better get to his seat quickly. "Partners?" he asked Aoife with a grin as he passed her desk, hoping that nobody had already taken her. It would be entertaining to shoot spells at her while she tried to block them. Not that he was very good at any spells.

Banners:

Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character

PostSubject: Re: DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells   DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 6:56 pm

"HI TOR!" she grinned, waving madly. He was followed by Morgana, who Aoife looked away from quickly. There were very few real, uncontrollable fears she had, but Morgana was definitely one of them. She didn't know the next girl, but she was sitting with Tor. Oh no! Those two couldn't get in an icky romantic relationship! Tor and Mor had to be together! It was Aoife's OTP, as her sister would call it! Well, second. Jen and that Wade boy were perfect for each other, both being evil. Anyway, she refused to let her second OTP sink. She would sabotage RandomSlytherin and Tor's relationship, if it happened.

Hunter next. She smiled at him. "Partners!" she agreed. "I'm going to use my amazing spell casting skills to jinx you into next week!" Totally.

banners!:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells   DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 6:21 pm

Madeline was terrified of Professor Malfoy. He was mean and too strict. She had to get to class on time and not say anything stupid when she got there. She was afraid of losing lots of points this term and being hated by all of her housemates. That couldn't happen, so she rushed past all the portraits and was very glad to see Leo wasn't in the room yet.

A seating chart indicated that she was sitting next to Hunter and Aylee, whoever they were. Maddie smiled at Aoife and Oliver as she walked past, before taking her seat. Oh, that boy must be Hunter. "Hi," she smiled.
Back to top Go down
Kellin Leo Malfoy

Kellin Leo Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Adult

PostSubject: Re: DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells   DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 3:34 am

Kellin came out from his office and into the classroom. He had noticed the small, bright eyed Hufflepuff boy to be the very first student to enter the classroom, and with such excitement. Though an insignificant Hufflepuff could never amount to much, Kellin decided he liked this boy. "Oliver. 10 points for being the first one to arrive to class." he said as he made his way to the front of the classroom. "And 5 for Aoife for actually making the effort to show up." he finalized.

"As you may have just noticed, I can give you points for the most insignificant things. I can take them away just as easily." Kellin told them as he reached the board. "To begin this lesson, anyone willing to tell me what their least favorite spell from the homework list is, will gain 3 points."
Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character

PostSubject: Re: DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells   DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 5:12 pm

YEAH POINTS! OFF LEO!

Even though he was sort of insulting her, it was okay. It was just the way he was. Although she wanted to correct him and mention that she always showed up, but was just rarely on time, she was pretty happy with the points she gained. So losing them straight away wouldn't be the smartest thing.

Now maybe she could earn even more points by answering a simple question. At first, she'd thought that the Verdimillious Charm was the stupid spell in the list, but then she realised that she hadn't read the definition properly and it was actually quite useful. So which was her least favourite spell if they were all cool and fun to cast? There had to be one. Aoife thought back to the homework she'd done this morning, right before class. It was hard to remember all those twenty minutes ago.

"Uh... Levicorpus!" she announced dramatically. "Because it's okay, but there are so many other spells to use! Why lift someone up by their ankle when you could just paralyze them or something?" It was just a flashy display spell, of course!

banners!:

Back to top Go down
Phineas Button

Phineas Button

My Character
Activity: Hufflepuff Dropout

PostSubject: Re: DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells   DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 9:47 pm

Phineas was late because he had over slept. It wasn't his fault that his roommates where meanie heads and didn't wake him up for class. He trudged up the stairs to try and get to the classroom as fast as his little chubby legs would let him.

He had never had Professor Malfoy as a teacher, and he was nervous. The Professor was the head of Slytherin house...

His least favorite. So, when he trudged up the stairs, he heard Professor Malfoy's voice, and to his dismay, class had already begun. He held his head high though. He was braver than most Hufflepuffs. And with that, he shyly took a step into the classroom hoping to not be noticed.

Oliver Bennett
Head Boy
Head Boy
Oliver Bennett

My Character
Activity: Hufflepuff - Year 7, Head Boy, Three Broomsticks worker

PostSubject: Re: DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells   DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 12:16 am

Oliver was sitting between two older students, and that wasn't as bad as he thought it would have been   maybe except for the fact that the boy, Ryland, hadn't arrived yet. That meant one less person for Oliver to meet. He smiled brightly at the girl who came in, Mademoiselle O'Donnell, and watched as she took her seat, which was close to his own.

He turned his head towards the next arrival, Tor, the one from charms class. Oliver smiled at him too, and then looked around to check any changes in the classroom. There were none. When he looked back towards the other students, he caught Madeline and smiled at her. He liked her a lot, she was very nice and Oliver would love to be good friends with people like her.

He turned around after realizing that Morgana, his possible scary sort of friend from Charms, had already arrived. Oliver thought about asking Madeline to be his partner, but maybe he could ask Morgana too? Certainly, he couldn't ask Hunter or Mademoiselle O'Donnell since they had already agreed to be partners. And he didn't want to talk to Tor, either. "Morgana, would you like to be my partner?" Oliver asked without thinking or wording his question better. He didn't exactly wait for an answer as Professor Malfoy had already walked in and was giving him points for being the first one in class. Oliver almost jumped up in excitement. "Look at that, I got points!" he said to the older Slytherin girl excitedly.

Oliver then listened carefully as Mademoiselle O'Donnell gave an answer about her least favorite spell from the homework. He wanted to argue that it was actually a rather useful spell but decided not to.
Back to top Go down
Tor Odin Gunnarson
Adult
Tor Odin Gunnarson

My Character
Activity: Curse Breaker

PostSubject: Re: DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells   DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 7:39 pm

Tor looked away from the wall and at Morgana, a hint of a smile tracing his lips. Then came the pretty redhead who sat down next. She was pretty but she had absolutely nothing on Morgana, who’s hair as dark as the sky and eyes like highly-polished, perfect green marbles made her the most stunning girl he’d ever caught sight of in his life. “Hello,” he replied, sounding as uninterested as possible so that she wouldn’t bother him too much throughout the lesson. Maya, cute name. It sounded nice. It wasn’t, however, as nice sounding as Morgana. “Tor.” He continued staring at Morgana, in a very manly way. Not like a silly little admirer. He sighed when Aoife came in and shouted his name, deciding not to acknowledge her but act as though he didn’t hear. Her little crush on him was getting annoying now.

Thank god, the professor arrived then, so he had a reason to take his eyes off Morgana. Answer a question? No, Tor did not answer questions. He was far too cool for that.
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character
Activity: Junior Undersecretary to the Minister of Magic

PostSubject: Re: DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells   DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 8:28 pm

Morgana looked at the kid to her left. Backbone indeed. Asking a girl in her sixth year to duel him. It was fine, really, but she was now curious about the spells they would do. They would have to be within the magical range of a second year, and still be challenging for a seventh year? Nah, this would be more of a finesse thing for Morgana. She was pretty sure that, whatever the spell, she would already have it covered. Maybe she'd need to go easy on the kid then. She did not like the idea of that.

"All right," she said calmly, just as the professor walked into the classroom. She looked at him as he spoke, and when he asked the question, Morgana raised her hand, but professor Malfoy pointed at Aoife. Morgana leaned back in her chair as she listened to Aoife say her least favorite spell. Morgana was surprised by her answer. That would've been Morgana's answer as well. She returned her gaze to professor Malfoy to find out what would happen next.

Slytherin Pride:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells   DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells Empty

Back to top Go down

DADA Lesson 1 - Basic Defensive Spells
Page 1 of 1