HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Sat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Sat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Fri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Mon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Sun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Sun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Mon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Wed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Tue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Mon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Sun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Share | 

Divination Term 1 - Lesson 1 (All Years)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Divination Term 1 - Lesson 1 (All Years)   Wed May 28, 2014 7:52 pm

Thanks Evelyn!

Jim stared at the blackboard, very proud of his nice neat writing. Not neat, just nice. It looked good, made a statement. The "I'm an awesome spontaneous cool professor" sort of statement. Even if it was the statement he always used, it worked for him. After he'd done that, he waved his wand, cleaning up the classroom a bit. It was good to be back.

He'd already completely got rid of the tables and chairs for now, replacing them with a range of multi-coloured cushions instead. Around the room various posters hung, each one illustrating a sign of the zodiac, to help him teach. To be honest, however, they were more there just for decoration.

James took a seat on a big cushion at the front (his desk was gone too), just spending a little time thinking and surveying his room. It looked nice. Would anyone ask him what J.P stood for this year?
Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult

My Character
::
Activity: Gryffindor - Year 7, Head Girl

PostSubject: Re: Divination Term 1 - Lesson 1 (All Years)   Thu May 29, 2014 8:52 pm

Yet again, Lyra and Aoife were walking to class together. It was just because they had a lot of lessons with each other and, being in the same house and similar years, they saw each other a lot. After a rather big breakfast on Aoife's part, they were off to Divination. The class sounded mysterious and odd. Almost scary. She'd seen the man who was apparently the professor and he seemed a bit like a scary old man. But she shouldn't judge a book by its cover, or a man by his age.

Immediately, she liked the classroom. No tables and chairs! Just comfy cushions spread over the floor. A lot of posters decorated the walls. Those were zodiac signs! Aoife's sister had been obsessed with them for a while, even though she thought they were a load of rubbish. But if they taught them at Hogwarts, they must be valid. Because otherwise J.P Thorne would be fired for talking rubbish.

J.P Thorne. "What does J.P stand for?" she couldn't help but ask, overtaken by curiosity. Probably something really cool and unique, nothing boring like Jack Patrick or something. But that would be cool, because James and Patrick almost rhymed. Hahaha! "And hi, professor!" she added, grinning widely. Lyra waved and smiled.

The two of them went to sit down on cushions beside one another.

AWESOME SIG BY HUNTER!

banners!:

Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin

My Character
Activity: Trainee Auror

PostSubject: Re: Divination Term 1 - Lesson 1 (All Years)   Fri May 30, 2014 4:34 am

Hunter huffed a bit irritably as he came to the beginning of the very long staircase that led up to the divination classroom. Hadn't he just had to make the worlds longest upward trek to the Astronomy tower the night before? How many obnoxious long staircases were in this place? Committing to his fate with a sigh, he began to climb. When he finally reached the top, he was met with a ladder.

Okay, stairs and a ladder? Was that really necessary? Couldn't they just have stairs going all the way up? Oh well. Tossing his heavy bag of school books over his shoulder, he grabbed a rung of the ladder and heaved himself up. When he made it finally into the classroom, he was a bit shocked by its appearance. It was full of cushions - there wasn't one table or chair in the whole place! Hunter wasn't sure if it was a good sign or a bad one at the moment. It could mean that the class would be easy. It could also mean that the class would be stupid.

Either way, he nodded to the professor in greeting and made his way over to where his sister was sitting with Aoife. "How do you two manage to beat me to class every time?" he asked, falling backward onto one of the cushions. Of course, the question wasn't serious - Hunter was rarely on time. If they had waited for him, they had a high probability of being late. "What d'you think about this class, anyway?" he asked, a bit under his breath so the teacher wouldn't hear. "Kynan said it's a load of rubbish." Apparently, divination was a pretty imprecise science. Hunter didn't care, as long as he could get an easy grade from it.

Banners:

Back to top Go down
Blake Ralston
Adult

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: Divination Term 1 - Lesson 1 (All Years)   Sat May 31, 2014 12:47 am

Blake entered the Divination classroom out of breath. He was dismayed once he had learned where the actual classroom was located. What was with all the classrooms being a billion miles away from civilization?

And what was up with Aoife O' Donnell being miss student of the year? All of a sudden she was being extremely punctual and early to class Blake thought to himself as he tried to not glare at the girl he resented. At least Hunter was here this time and he was going to try and attempt to avoid a repeat of Astronomy class where a few choice words were exchanged. Best to avoid that situation seeing as their new professor did not seem like someone who would put up with misbehaving.

Speaking of their new professor and Divination Blake scrunched up his nose. He knew he needed to learn all about the magical world and took all the subjects that he could, but he wondered if Divination was a stretch too far. First of all he was required to know his own star sign, what a load of rubbish.

"And for once Kynan seems to be right about something class related." Blake said popping down next to Hunter. "Hopefully it'll be easy." He added wishfully. "And hi guys." Blake grinned at Lyra and briefly looked at Aoife, trying to keep his smile plastered on his face.

Credit to the Awesome Hunter!

Banner::

Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor - Year 7, Head Girl

PostSubject: Re: Divination Term 1 - Lesson 1 (All Years)   Sat May 31, 2014 10:44 am

Aoife waved at Hunter, laughing a little bit at how tired out he looked. That boy really needed to get more fit. Was the quidditch not working? Or had he just run up the stairs so fast he got tired out? "Look Hunter, this term, I'm going to win Top Student. Not you, not Blake, not Lyra. Me. That means I need house points. I have none so far. Getting to class on time is just the beginning." She glared jokingly at Hunter. But in all seriousness, he was not going to get Top Student if she could help it.

"My sister was obsessed with star signs for a while," she murmured back. "None of them were true." It would be a bit suspicious if they were whispering to each other for too long, so she sat back on her cushion then. Aoife O'Donnell was not controversial. She did not feel insecure about how others felt about her. She did not seem hard and uncaring on the outside. Therefore, it was all crap. But she was prepared to give the professor a chance. Maybe her sister had just read the wrong websites.

Did Blake have to take ALL the same classes as her? It was just annoying. She awkwardly stared at the ceiling to avoid even having to look at that annoying git.

AWESOME SIG BY HUNTER!

banners!:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Divination Term 1 - Lesson 1 (All Years)   Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:54 pm

First two to enter the room were two Gryffindor girls. Jim glanced down at his list of students. One of them must be Aoife, Lyra or Nina. Aoife was an Irish name. When the redhead spoke, he made the presumption that this was her. Hehe, the first one, already asking the usual question. "James Patrick, but my friends call me Jim," he smiled. "You can call me Jim, James, Paddy, Professor Thorne, whatever." His title was unimportant as of now. What was really important was the art of Divination.

Next two Gryffindor boys. "Hello," he nodded. The lot of them seemed to be friends, with the way they were whispering to one another. Oh, except Aoife and one boy (who was either Blake or Hunter). There was a lot of unspoken tension there. Well, James couldn't have such awkwardness in his class. They'd have to be paired up if it ever came to it!

There were still students to arrive, so he used the time to stare down these Gryffindors. Blake, he imagined, was the most recent arrival. The boy who didn't know his star sign. Nevermind, James would make a good Divination student out of him. Aoife, cancer. He was certain she had a mean side, just as her sign showed. She was doing a good job hiding it at the minute, though. Good. They didn't want big arguments between her and Blake. The other two students, he didn't know just yet.
Back to top Go down
Lyn VanDerberg
Seventh Year
Seventh Year

My Character
Activity: Hufflepuff - Year I

PostSubject: Re: Divination Term 1 - Lesson 1 (All Years)   Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:29 pm

Lyn had absolutely no idea what Divination was, but she was taking it just for the sake of being in a class with her sister. Maybe they could actually sit and talk together for once, they hadn't seen each other in ages and they barely talked anymore. Lyra spent more time with Hunter these days, due to them being in the same house, and she was usually left all alone. Hunter probably took this class as well, but Lyn still just wanted to see her sister.

That day she was hoping to arrive early, since she had no idea where the classroom was. After she asked a pair of fifth years for some directions, she was greeted by stairs. Lots and lots of them. Sighing, Lyn looked up and could already see some other students halfway up them. Just think of it as exercise, she thought, and then started to walk up them. It was a slow and painful journey, but she heard that the Astronomy tower was a longer journey. She was lucky that she didn't take it, because not even her would even think of exercise at night.

When she was about halfway up, Lyn switched to a jog and ran up the stairs. At the end of them, she didn't find a doorway, but a ladder instead. Ugh! She slowly started to climb the ladder, hoping that she didn't fall off with it. When she was a little kid, she remembered having a nasty incident with a ladder, and she really tried to avoid them ever since. She made it up, though, panting and gasping for breath. Then she realized that she was kind of late.

Looking around the room, her first conclusion was that the school didn't get enough money to pay enough for chairs and tables, and they had to use cushions instead. Or the teacher probably was too lazy to make seating charts or whatever. The only students to have arrived so far were Hunter, Lyra, Blake and Aoife. That was good to Lyn, because she knew all of them and felt much more comfortable around her siblings than around random strangers. She slowly walked over to them, scared that she was late and that the Professor would remove a bunch of points from her. Hunter had once come home with the tale of a Gryffindor who lost about 30 points for just being late to class.

"Hi," Lyn murmured to Lyra, sitting down on a cushion next to her. She quickly greeted the others with a smile and then looked back at Lyra. "Do you know what our zodiac sign is? I didn't put it in the registration, I've got no idea what it is..."

PostSubject: Re: Divination Term 1 - Lesson 1 (All Years)   

Back to top Go down

Divination Term 1 - Lesson 1 (All Years)
Page 1 of 1