HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Sat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Sat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Fri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Mon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Sun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Sun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Mon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Wed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Tue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Mon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Sun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Share | 

The Truth Hurts (Nathan)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lucy Malfoy
Adult

My Character
::
Activity: Slytherin Alumni, Auror, Flying Professor

PostSubject: The Truth Hurts (Nathan)   Mon May 26, 2014 11:01 pm

Lucy remembered the attack at Soho. The attack that every muggle blamed on lack of discipline of citizens of London and on trouble-making youths who wandered about the city at night. As she stood, almost lifelessly, at the edge of the street she saw the people back to normal life after only a few years. They walked rapidly, with drinks and cigarettes in their hands. They carried bags with designer items in them and wore beautiful clothes that shone with the light of the nighttime life. Lucy looked at each one of them. A lady, petite and with dark curls decorating her head, sat across from whom Lucy supposed was her lover and ate a big spoonful of her meal. She had a glass of wine in her hand, and it seemed that all of her worries were gone and all she could think about was the dark haired man in front of her. Someone else, a man only a few years older than Lucy, held hands with another man as they walked into a noisy bar. They looked happy, and Lucy wanted to feel that way too. In a way, she was jealous.

The truth was, she wasn't as great as some of her friends thought. She was boring and arrogant, not to mention spoiled. She wanted the best and if she didn't get it things tended to go wrong. She had lived a double life, with one being the sweet side that everyone wanted to see and the other being the judgmental bitch she was when she was alone. Putting all negative thoughts aside, Lucy realized she was alone in the middle of the street. The worst part was, there were a million people around her. What used to be a crowded and lively place was now the core of sorrow and confinement for Lucy. Having never even been to Soho but once or twice, Lucy already felt as though she hated this place for being everything she couldn't be. There was no need for pretty city lights and a midnight sky in order to feel happy, but these people were standing in the same spot as Lucy was and she was far from being as content as they were.

"Fuck you." Lucy breathed, cursing was rarely used in her vocabulary but at this point she didn't feel to worried about it. Still standing there, she began to realize how much her life had changed. She was born in New York, the result of a trip to America in which her father had fallen madly in love with the city and it's surroundings, but she was moved to Cheshire after her mother's death, an event that her father seemed to want to ignore. Her childhood was spent with two boys, Wade and Peter. A wizard and a muggle who would have died for each other in the sight of danger. But where was Wade now? He was killing Peter's family and friends, strangers the muggle boy would never meet. And Peter? He was off in a band playing his music around the world, any memory of Lucy now forgotten. Her life had changed, it hadn't stopped from evolving into what it was now, just like the people at this newly reconstructed Soho were still partying and drinking in order to forget what a terrible past they had. "Fuck all of you."

She was too lost in her thoughts that she didn't recognize the voice speaking to her, a rough sound with a hint of firewhiskey and cigarette smoke. The city lights suddenly became two autumn brown orbits that stared back at her, and Lucy's mind came back to earth as she realized she was looking at Nathan, the messy bartender from the Hog's Head.

Back to top Go down
Valko Hristov
Adult

My Character
Activity: Folkvang Alumni, Transfiguration Professor

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Hurts (Nathan)   Wed May 28, 2014 3:08 am

It was a rather cold evening, and Nathan was ready to head on to the bar after finishing his work and cleaning up for the night. He hated his job, but it paid the bills and kept food in the fridge. He put glasses and bottles away, wiped the counter and the many tables in the pub, counted the money for the day and put it away for safe keep. Putting his coat on, Nathan locked up the pub for the night and headed out of Hogsmeade. Walking through the empty streets, he felt more comfortable as he became lost in his thoughts. In a strange phase of melancholy, Nathan decided to contact his good-for-nothing father and see if he was still trying to control everything in his life. It was time for Nathan to at least be able to greet his mother properly, too.

As he walked, he realized he would get to London faster by apparating, so in a three-second span he was standing in a dark alley only a few blocks from Soho. This was the life Nathan loved. Ever since he was young, he loved to attend as many parties as he could. He liked the thrill of the music and the momentary passion that led to a one night stand. Most of all, though, he enjoyed the adrenaline that came when he took a chance and ended up running away from feds. It was something he looked forward to when he left work at night: a morning full of lust and danger. As he approached the city lights, the neon signs and open restaurants filled with spoiled, pissy people and wild friends lured him in. His lips formed a big smile as he saw the bar he usually attended, but his eyes caught sight of a blond figure standing only a few feet away from him on the other side of the street.

Normally, Nathan would have kept on walking, ignoring whatever idiot was trying to get themselves killed but something about the figure was strangely familiar. He stopped and glanced her way, taking in the features of the young girl. It was the Hogwarts student he had accidentally given firewhiskey to. What was her name? He walked a few feet more, wondering why she was standing still in the middle of the sidewalk. She probably has never seen a club, he thought as he realized she was staring right at the neon-decorated gay club in front of her. From what he remembered, she struck him as a good girl, the type that one should marry and have at least three children with. She was most definitely probably boring, but he did remember how bravely she had taken the firewhiskey and that last thought made him want to find out if she was okay.

Before he knew it, Nathan was crossing the street and walking towards her. He still couldn't remember her name, but he searched deep inside his brain for something. Lily. Laura? Lisa, Lydia, Lola? LUCY! Nathan finally reached her, and she seemed dead or lost in something far greater than a gay club. "Lucy?" he approached her cautiously. Maybe she's just high. When he came closer he tried again, "Lucy Malfoy?" How did I remember her last name? It had been almost a year! "Are you alright?" he asked, standing in front of her and blocking her view, making himself the center of attention in an attempt to get a word from the lifeless body.

Last edited by Valko Hristov on Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Hurts (Nathan)   Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:41 pm

Nathan, the man who had successfully managed to bring Lucy back to earth, stood in front of her with a worried look in his eyes, which Lucy now realized were actually green. He stared at her with genuine concern, and Lucy almost gagged at it. How could anyone show such worry for someone they had met only once? But then it became clear that, even she would be dying to help anyone who needed her, regardless of how long ago it had been since they met. Considering this, she softened her gaze on him and attempted a smile. She still remembered a bit from the meeting, given that it had been her first time drinking firewhiskey. Lowering her gaze, she pulled at her coat. "Yeah. I'm okay." she replied, a bit embarrassed bow that she realized how much of a mess she probably was today.

she glanced back at the clubs and restaurants around her, knowing that she had to get incredibly drunk to be able to forgive these people for rubbing their happiness in her face. She wasn't used to being less than anyone else, and as much as she hated to admit it, she sometimes reminded herself of the bad side of the family, the one that Wade belonged to. She wanted nothing to do with them, but she was more like her older cousin than she wanted to admit. Lucy hated being second to anything, she wanted freedom and happiness, but most of it she wanted the world. She wanted to know what it was like to be alone and free, to be showered with respect and recognition. "Are you lost or something? Lucy asked Nathan, wondering how in the world they were both standing there. London was a big place, the chances of them ever meeting outside Hogsmeade were small. "I mean, what are you doing here?" What was she saying, anyway? She felt a little lightheaded from the emotional turmoil she was in, but she tried not to show that to him.

Back to top Go down
Valko Hristov
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Hurts (Nathan)   Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:27 am

Noticing her cold gaze, Nathan backed away a few steps. He shouldn't have meddled, but this girl had something worth investigating. She pulled on her coat and gave him a small smile, which made Nathan smile back and think about how the hell he saw her pull at her coat. It was easy to see everything about people when it was an open yet intimate place, he figured. "You know, if you're trying to get yourself killed you should either point at the head or cut vertically." He said as he pushed her further into the sidewalk, near the shops and bars.

"No." Nathan replied to her question. "I am here for entertainment." He debated asking her to join him. She seemed like,she could use some reckless fun before heading back home. She was a mess as far as he could see. "Is this a phase you're going through?" he blurted out without thinking. Surely she couldn't take it wrongly. She had practically tried to commit suicide a few seconds ago. It was a reasonable question.

Last edited by Valko Hristov on Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Hurts (Nathan)   Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:26 am

She softened when he smiled, it was a sign that he wasn't going to hurt her just yet. Maybe she should trust him a little bit, though after giving her firewhiskey it was hard to believe he was responsible at all. She still let her guard down a tiny bit. Then she built it back up. "I'm not trying to kill myself!" she snapped, "What do you think I am?"

When he said he was at Soho for entertainment, she knew the kind of person he was. He was the drink, play and live kind of person. Lucy couldn't even be friends with those kinds. She didn't say anything about it, let him think he was leading a productive life. "It's not a phase, I just wasn't feeling well. That's all." she whispered and caught herself off-guard. She shouldn't say these things to people, let alone people like HIM.

Back to top Go down
Valko Hristov
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Hurts (Nathan)   Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:53 am

"Looks to me like you were." Nathan shrugged. If she didn't want to talk, he wasn't going to beg. She was kind of pretty, or nice to look at, he had to give her that. The girls Nathan had been with were so much different from her, even physically. Most of them were either blondes or redheads, but Lucy was brunette. He couldn't tell if it was dyed or not, because her hair looked well kept and looked after, so she clearly didn't burn her hair with the straightner. She also didn't wear any make, if she was wearing any at all, and seemed to be the kind of person who chose to show off natural beauty. And her features were fine, meaning they were sharp and defined. He could tell exactly where every line was.

He found himself slightly frowning when she said she wasn't feeling well. He couldn't think of anything that could ever go wrong with the Malfoys, except the Death Eater past they had. He was a muggle born, yes, but he knew his wizard history. "And why is that?" he wondered. "Family problems? Personal insecurities? Tragic break-up? Asshole boyfriend? Boring life?" Nathan named everything that he thought could go wrong with a girl's life, not sure if he'd gotten it right with any.

Last edited by Valko Hristov on Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Hurts (Nathan)   Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:45 pm

Lucy didn't even bother to snap back at Nathan. His little muttered comment and shoulder shrugging business was not something she wanted to deal with at the moment. She watched him look at her for a moment, as if he was trying to take in every detail of her face. Nathan was strange, too different from Lucy, that's all she knew. "Don't stare at me. It's making me feel uncomfortable." she muttered, a bit embarrassed. It didn't matter to her that he was looking at her, it was that she didn't want to get to know him enough to like him. He'd fallen hard before, with James, and he did nothing more than break her into pieces. Peter was more a friend than a boyfriend, so it was impossible to even count him in. She just didn't want to fall in love with a stranger.

"Everyone's family is screwed up one way or another." Lucy replied, then she said "And I've no insecurities I'll tell you about within the first five minutes of meeting you." She wanted to reply to every possibility he'd given, but she found herself smiling as he finished. "No, none of that. Just..." she trailed off, her smile disappearing. "I'm thinking too much about people that are not worth my time." she said once she finally put her thoughts into words. "Have you ever done that?" She wanted to know, because maybe he could help her get rid of such thoughts.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Hurts (Nathan)   

Back to top Go down

The Truth Hurts (Nathan)
Page 1 of 1