Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Exciting News? (Jen) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Exciting News? (Jen) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Exciting News? (Jen) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Exciting News? (Jen) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Exciting News? (Jen) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Exciting News? (Jen) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Exciting News? (Jen) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Exciting News? (Jen) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Exciting News? (Jen) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Exciting News? (Jen) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Exciting News? (Jen) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Exciting News? (Jen) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Exciting News? (Jen) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Exciting News? (Jen) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Exciting News? (Jen) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Exciting News? (Jen)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jeremy Rufford

Jeremy Rufford

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Minister for Magic

Exciting News? (Jen) Empty
PostSubject: Exciting News? (Jen)   Exciting News? (Jen) EmptySat May 24, 2014 9:17 pm

Jeremy sighed. Yesterday, he'd received a letter from young Miss O'Donnell about her sheep charity. It was all fine and dandy, a bit childish and a waste of his time, maybe,  but nothing too harmful. Now she'd sent another letter, telling him about the different types of sheep. He was very tempted to reply with a sharp letter telling her to grow up and leave him alone, but unfortunately he couldn't do that.

Instead of doing anything about it, he put the parchment aside and returned to his actual work. More important things, such as his correspondence with the French minister. Actually, this needed to go to co-operation. He tied the paperwork to his owl's leg and sent it off to Genevieve. Work, work, work.

A knock on the door caught his attention and he was quick to use it as an excuse to stop scribbling on some parchment. "Come in," he called, curious as to who it was. nobody had mentioned paying him a visit today. Perhaps it would be a pleasant surprise, or maybe not so nice. His fingers were crossed for Thaor.

Last edited by Jeremy Rufford on Sun May 25, 2014 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jennifer Moss
Adult
Jennifer Moss

My Character
Activity: Assistant Unspeakable

PostSubject: Re: Exciting News? (Jen)   Exciting News? (Jen) EmptySat May 24, 2014 9:45 pm

Jennifer’s life was not a bad, cliché muggle movie. When she started seeing signs of pregnancy, she didn’t take days to realise. Maybe a couple of hours? First there was morning sickness. She took that as a stomach bug and stayed off work for the day. Then came the unusual, gnawing hunger for any food she could get her hands on. A few more obvious indications and she was certain. Unfortunately, it made sense.

The next day, she decided to return to work in search of someone to tell. Since she had no friends, Uncle Jeremy was the only option. Eating a pretzel she'd bought on the way, Jen walked straight past the café where she'd normally get coffee and took the lift up to the Minister's office. What was she going to say? Should she come straight out with it? Or hint at it and then drop the bombshell?

These worries clouded her mind as she knocked on the door. She pushed it open gently and just stood in the doorway for a moment, before actually walking in. "I-I..." Jen was actually shaking as she tried to talk. Before she could attempt words again, tears had filled her eyes and she was standing in the middle of the office crying. This was so embarrassing, but at the moment she didn't care.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Rufford

Jeremy Rufford

My Character

PostSubject: :(   Exciting News? (Jen) EmptySat May 24, 2014 10:01 pm

"Jen!" he smiled when he glanced up and saw her standing at the door. "Do come in!" Why was she standing there like that? It would be more like Jennifer to invite herself in and casually take a seat. "Now, to what do I owe the pleasure?" Jeremy got the strange feeling that something was wrong. He hoped not, Jen deserved happiness and good luck.

Suddenly, she had burst into tears in the middle of his office. He just stared awkwardly, not sure of what he was meant to do. This was Jen, she didn't cry. "Uh... sit down, Jennifer," he began, slightly confused by the nature of this visit already. He stood up to guide her down to the seat opposite his desk. "Water?" he offered, grabbing a cup to go to the tap.

Down to business. "What is it?" he asked. Although he didn't want to push her and be an insensitive git, Jeremy wanted to get to the bottom of this. Had someone hurt her? What could possibly upset her like this? "Is there anything I can do?" Because he would, he owed it to her parents and Jen herself.
Back to top Go down
Jennifer Moss
Adult
Jennifer Moss

My Character
Activity: Assistant Unspeakable

PostSubject: Re: Exciting News? (Jen)   Exciting News? (Jen) EmptySat May 24, 2014 10:42 pm

At first, Jeremy clearly didn't notice what a tired wreck she looked. There were huge bags under her eyes and her hair was bedhead-style. Then he noticed her and she let herself be led to a chair. Tears still fell down her cheeks. Her uncle was obviously bewildered by her strange behaviour, but so was she. What was happening? Other than pregnancy.

When he offered her a glass of water, she let out a small squeak. So Jen nodded instead. Talking was too difficult and she would only end up crying more. Her throat hurt. Water would help, though. "I'm sorry," she eventually managed to whisper. For bothering him, coming in and crying, being stupid and childish.

"It's- I mean, I-" She may as well just come out with it. "I'm pregnant." Saying it aloud made it sound so much worse. Jen hated herself. She stared down at the floor, awaiting whatever lecture Jeremy would give her and crying silently. "You can't-" Hiccup. "-help." Nobody could help.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Rufford

Jeremy Rufford

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Exciting News? (Jen)   Exciting News? (Jen) EmptySun May 25, 2014 1:13 pm

"Don't be sorry!" Jeremy murmured as he handed her a glass of water. Of course, he had no idea what she'd done wrong yet. There could be a very valid reason for her to be sorry. He was meant to be nice and supportive, though, so that was probably the polite thing to say.

Surprisingly patiently, he waited as she stammered. Then the bam!bombshell came. At first he was a little confused. Why was she upset? But then he got it. This was Jennifer Moss. She hated children and he imagined all she wanted to do was work. Even though he'd always wanted a kid, her thoughts would be very different. This was probably a complete tragedy in her eyes. So what should he say to console her?

Should he encourage her to look on the bright side? Or agree that it was terrible? "Hmm," he said instead. "Biscuit?" Jeremy pushed the plate towards her. Pregnant women liked food, didn't they? "It's not the end of the world." Gosh, he'd probably regret saying that.

"So can I be the godfather?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exciting News? (Jen)   Exciting News? (Jen) Empty

Back to top Go down

Exciting News? (Jen)
Page 1 of 1