HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Sat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Sat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Fri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Mon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Sun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Sun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Mon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Wed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Tue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Mon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Sun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Share | 

The Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend (for Blake)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Seren Pierce
Adult

My Character
::
Activity: Ravenclaw Student

PostSubject: The Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend (for Blake)   Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:50 pm

Normally, Seren would be in the library studying. Doing just about anything else was a waste of her time. But it was such a nice day outside that she decided to take her things out of the castle for a bit. But where to study outside? On a day like this, the grounds would be far too crowded, as would the middle courtyard. Seren couldn't concentrate with STUPID IDIOTIC PEOPLE gallivanting around her as if they owned the place. So while she was crossing the stone bridge, which was basically completely deserted, she made the split decision to stay there.

Dropping her bag down beside the wall, she neared the edge and put her hands on the barrier, leaning only a bit over it and looking down. Her heart started to race just at the sight of it. (Heights were NOT Seren's cup of tea.) Sometimes, she saw people sitting up on the wall as though it was no big deal at all that they could LITERALLY PLUMMET TO THEIR DEATH AT ANY MOMENT! But not Seren. She was much smarter than that, and kept her feet firmly planted on the ground, glad that the wall was there as a BARRIER and not a chair.

She really should start to study, but her mind began to wander a bit. Perhaps Aoife was one of those stupid people that sat on the wall. Probably, because of Gryffindor bravery and everything. More like Gryffindor idiocy. She would probably be the last person to fall off of the bridge, too. It always worked that way. The people who didn't deserve it had the worst luck, and the people who COMPLETELY DESERVED TO DIE IN A TRAGIC DROP FROM A BRIDGE would just go on living forever and ever. Then there was Seren, who would live longer than any of them because she was smarter. Caught up in her slightly sadistic thoughts, she became slightly unaware of the world around her as she gazed out toward the grounds.

Thanks to Hunter for the sig!
Back to top Go down
Blake Ralston
Adult

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: The Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend (for Blake)   Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:16 pm

Blake made his way up the long and winding pathway towards the stone bridge. He enjoyed coming to the bridge as most people just used the bridge as a pathway to somewhere else and didn't loiter too much on it. This was obviously not the case today Blake thought dismally to himself as he was greeted with the back of someone’s head as he made his way halfway across. Blake tried not to scowl to himself, whoever it was was in his normal spot. Granted he didn't hang manically off the edge like the stupid girl was currently doing, but it was still his spot. Blake didn’t know who the other person was, it was quite hard to tell from the back of their head, and quite frankly he couldn’t bring himself to care.

He was making his way over to the side when Blake noticed a look of fear crossing the girl's face. A knowing smile formed on his own, as he knew it was a long drop to the bottom. He had only plucked up the courage to look over the edge once before and was immediately consumed by a bout of vertigo, only having the minimal amount of wits about him to safely make his way off the bridge. Stupid heights. Blake was more so angry at himself for his fear of heights, he should have really overcome them by now. He had even successfully flown a lap of the quidditch pitch with Victoria. The only positive thing he could say about it was that it wasn't a crippling fear anymore. He had made it to the middle of the bridge without any negative thoughts of falling off the edge to his doom. As on another negative note he really couldn't swim too well.

Blake was about to start eating the packed lunch he had taken with him while enjoying the shade that the stone bridge offered as he quickly glanced over his head to see if he had been noticed yet. Blake looked up to notice the girl still leaning on the edge of the bridge's ledge. What was she playing at? Blake wondered if she had a death wish and if he should just leave her to it, but the longer she remained in that position the uneasier he grew. Blake soon realised he wasn’t getting any peace at all as he kept one eye on the girl, wondering what she was going to do next. He was also feeling queasy at the thought of how far she’d fall.

“Hey!” Blake called out to the girl, tossing his uneaten sandwich away. “What do you think you’re doing?” Okay she wasn't that close to the edge, but it was still making him uncomfortable. He didn’t want to sound like the mature and responsible one, but he couldn’t stand it much longer, plus he hadn’t come out to babysit.

Blake quickly approached the girl, grabbing her shoulder, not wanting to startle her too much and indirectly be the cause of her falling over.

Credit to the Awesome Hunter!

Banner::

Back to top Go down
Seren Pierce
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend (for Blake)   Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:43 am

Seren was so caught up in her thoughts that when a hand caught her by the shoulder she shrieked. As in, she actually shrieked in surprise and spun around as fast as she could to see who was attacking her. Maybe it was Aoife trying to catch her unaware and push her off the bridge! Well, it hadn't worked and she'd sure be sorry for trying! Just as Seren was reaching to whip her wand out, she realized that it wasn't Aoife come to push her to her death at all.

Seren's face reddened ever so slightly when she came face to face with a boy from her year. "Why did you do that? You frightened me!" she accused him angrily, trying to divert the attention away from her embarrassment. Her hand had unconsciously found her way to her chest, and she took a few deep breaths to calm herself. Another glance at his face piqued her interest, because this time she recognized him as the cute boy that she always saw Hunter sitting with in class. Had she introduced herself to him yet? She couldn't remember. Either way, he was cute, so he wasn't someone she wanted to be mean to.

Now that she'd calmed down and had a moment to assess the situation, she went ahead and put on her friendly face. "I'm Seren," she said to him, pushing her hair away from her face and giving him a smile. "I didn't mean to yell at you, you just scared me," she said, trying to make her voice sound apologetic. It would be nice to actually not make someone hate her for once. Not that she cared that most people couldn't handle her level of perfection. "You're friends with Hunter, right?"

The boy was asking what she was doing. Almost without thinking, she replied honestly. "Oh, just imagining that a certain obnoxious red head might take a spill over the side. One can dream, can't they?" Oops. That made her sound evil and sadistic. And suddenly the realization that this boy could easily be friends with Aoife hit her. He hung out with Hunter, so he probably hung out with Aoife as well. Why did that psychopath get all the cute guys when she couldn't even appreciate them? Rather than take it back or try to cover it up, Seren just shrugged and leaned against the side of the bridge again, but this time a little more cautiously. If this guy liked Aoife, he was hardly worth her time anyway. She didn't have the time or desire to chase after TWO boys who liked that brat.

Back to top Go down
Blake Ralston
Adult

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: The Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend (for Blake)   Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:06 pm

Blake immediately withdrew his hands, placing them innocently in the air, a confused look forming on his face. He was trying to help the girl, not get attacked in the process. Blake's keen eyes picked up on Seren's gesture at reaching for her wand. He didn't flinch though, or even bother with his own. He was confident he was close enough to the girl to physically remove the wand from her hand before any harm could be done. He had quick reactions. He actually just tried to not smirk at the girl, did she really think she could outmatch him; wand or no wand?

Blake's stance relaxed once it was clear he wasn't in any immediate danger as something seemed to calm the girl down. "Oh sorry, I was just trying to help." Blake said, slightly taken aback. "Didn't know I had a scary face!" He joked despite her angry reaction, wondering what had the girl so paranoid.

Blake was slightly taken aback by the girl's change in personality. He wasn't complaining though as she didn't seem liable to bite his head off anymore. Blake got a good look at the girl now that he had a moment to access her and was pretty sure he was supposed to know her, he recognized her from some classes at least. Hunter had seemed to know her in any case. And a friend of Hunter’s was a friend of Blake’s, well expect Aoife. Or anyone that was obsessed with sheep to that degree, it was beyond the boundaries of any normal person. Blake was pretty sure that if any pet were allowed in Hogwart’s Aoife would be walking the grounds with a sheep on a collar. "I'm Blake." Blake responded, grinning at the girl and relieved that she had introduced herself.

And then Seren was talking about Aoife openly, and not in a good way. It was the way he thought about her. Blake never really said anything about Aoife out loud, especially not in front of Hunter, on purpose at least. Blake guessed that Hunter knew of their dislike for one another, seeing as no one could be that socially blind or incompetent. Also he had blatantly suggested that he be nicer towards the girl, each suggestion going ignored as Blake thought they were unwarranted. They clearly were never going to get on, not in a million years even if Aoife decided to act like a normal human being and her age. “Ah, so you’re acquainted with Aoife, then I take it?” Blake asked raising his eyebrows in a humerus fashion. He easily guessed who she was referring to, Aoife had seemed to managed to rub quite a few people up the wrong way. He was shocked by how the girl talked about her, but then Blake remembered his recent spat with Aoife and he thought taking a tumble was one of the best things that could happen to Aoife. "Maybe we could stage it." Blake suggested innocently, admitting his mutual dislike for the girl.

Blake leaned on the ledge, becoming visibly more relaxed around the girl. “So how come I haven’t seen you around before?” Blake was confident he hadn’t seen her around much as he’d remember her. She made an impression that was most certainly hard to forget.

Back to top Go down
Seren Pierce
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend (for Blake)   Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:00 pm

The boy didn't seem to feel threatened by her reaching for her wand. He didn't jump or reach for his own or anything! Did he think that she wouldn't be able to hurt him? Seren narrowed her eyes at him, but let it slide since he immediately apologized for scaring her. It was nice to FINALLY meet SOMEONE who had proper manners in this place! "Believe me, your face is anything but scary," she told him, giving him an endearing smile. His face was quite nice, actually.

AND HE DIDN'T LIKE AOIFE EITHER THIS WAS THE BEST THING EVER!

"Aquainted with her?" Seren said, making a face and flipping her hair distastefully over her shoulder. "HA! That's the understatement of the year!" Seren searched Blake's face to be sure that she'd read his reaction right before going on, but she couldn't see any sign that he was upset with what she'd said so far about the CRAZY RED-HAIRED BRAT! So she continued.

"That PSYCHOPATH nearly ripped all of my hair out at the Christmas ball last year." Seren spat. "For absolutely no reason at all, of course, other than that she was jealous that I was talking to her stupid boyfriend. It's a shame that Hunter is so defensive of her." Otherwise, they might be able to be real friends. For a moment, Seren wondered why she was even bothering with Hunter when there was a cute, nice, FELLOW RED-HEAD HATING boy standing right in front of her for her to pursue. But then she remembered that she HAD to go after Hunter so that she could crush Aoife's hopes and dreams.

Seren smirked when Blake said they could stage Aoife's plummet from the bridge. "Believe me, I'd like nothing more. Maybe we'd get medals for performing a public service or something," Seren giggled. "I study a lot," she said when Blake asked why he hadn't seen her much. "You know, Ravenclaw and all. But I usually stay in the common room." She didn't add the fact that most of the people she met were stupid idiots and she rarely felt like dealing with them because it might make her seem rude. And so far, it seemed like she could maybe make a friend without having to try so hard.

Back to top Go down
Blake Ralston
Adult

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: The Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend (for Blake)   Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:40 pm

Blake raised his eyebrows questioningly at Seren at her comment about his face. Was there a double meaning behind it? He wasn't too sure, so he just acted normal. "Phew. Well that's good to know." He replied, grinning. "I can be scary when I want to be though." He responded, attempting to sound menacing, but probably failing.

"That was you?" Blake had heard little about the events at the ball seeing as no one really wanted to relive them. "Harsh." He said, not knowing what the girl could have done to deserve that. "Yep, that's Hunter. He doesn't seem to see her for who she really is." He said bitterly, stuffing his hands in his pockets. It really did anger him more than he let on. "Pity I wasn't there to help you out." No way he would have stood for that kind of immature behaviour. But that was Aoife, childish all over. "Tell me about it, I seem to get the same treatment for being his friend. Well at least my hair hasn't been pulled out yet." Blake stated, knowing that Aoife's precious face would not be the same if she attempted to touch a valuable hair on his pretty head.

"Well you already deserve a medal in my opinion." He responded with a grin. "I like to read." Blake blurted out. Then he shrugged regretting what he just said. He suddenly felt stupid and inadequate at the mention of Ravenclaw and studying. He did not know why, but he felt like he needed to prove to the girl that he was not just some brainless git.

Back to top Go down
Seren Pierce
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend (for Blake)   Mon May 12, 2014 6:03 pm

"Yes, I'm sure," Seren giggled when Blake said that he could be scary. "You don't seem very scary to me." Not that Seren considered that an insult. Who wanted to be scary? Not Seren. Scary people weren't pretty and perfect like her.

Yes, that's right. Blake hadn't been at the ball last term... Seren would have noticed him if he had, because he probably would have been with Hunter. "That was me," she confirmed with a nod. "That was when I realized that she is a MANIAC." Seren smiled at Blake when he said he would have helped. "Yes, well, my friend Evan helped me at least. And I THINK Hunter was trying to pull her away, but it didn't do much good." FINALLY SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTOOD HER! Aoife  just hated anyone who talked to Hunter because she was jealous. "You should probably sleep with one eye open, then," Seren told the boy when he said his hair had yet to be pulled. Hopefully he realized that she was DEFINITELY not joking.

THIS BOY WAS SO NICE HE KEPT COMPLIMENTING HER! He was right, though, of course. Seren DID deserve a medal. A medal for repeatedly not throwing that stupid brat off of the astronomy tower. Then, out of nowhere, Blake blurted out that he liked to read. That was a bit off topic... was it because she'd brought up Ravenclaw? "So do I," Seren said, offering him a smile. "We'll study together sometime!" she decided. Most people would ask if the other person WANTS to study with them, but not Seren. She skipped that part, because who wouldn't want to study with her?

Back to top Go down
Blake Ralston
Adult

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: The Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend (for Blake)   Thu May 15, 2014 7:47 pm

"I can be!" Blake said defiantly pouting slightly now that the girl seemed to be laughing at the whole idea. He had a mean jelly-legs curse as he had found out recently in DADA. The subject which was easily becoming his best subject, not that it was his favourite. Professor Malfoy gave him the creeps and he didn't like spending anymore time than was necessary in his company.

Blake pretty much realised Aoife was a maniac the first time he encountered the girl, but he didn't bother saying it as he thought it would be obvious. "You're friends with Evan?" Blake found himself asking without realising and he couldn't hide the shock from his voice. He had heard of plenty of stories about Evan from Hunter and soon realised that he was evil and not someone he ever wanted to meet. In fact he had been less than nice the one day he had attempted to take points from students in Herbology before the professor had run off in a hurry looking upset. Blake briefly wondered what had happened to the woman, it seemed as if she had disappeared then and there and no one had heard anything else of her.

"It's just that, well I don't know it's just that he doesn't really seem your type." Blake added, shrugging awkwardly trying to amend his earlier comment, but probably only succeeding in making things worse like he had often done. Seren seemed way too nice to be hanging out with the likes of him, maybe it was just because they were Ravencalw's he reasoned. But then he realised that he wasn't friends with Aoife and she was a Gryffindor. Very odd he thought to himself. His first impression of Seren was that she was a sweet and understanding girl and someone who had to endure Aoife's hate as well. He saw her as a victim of her mindless behaviour, just like himself. He could relate to her in those circumstances and anyone that was against Aoife he needed to make an ally.

"Uh yeah, course." Blake responded. He didn't mind hanging out with the girl, the reason he was so hesitant is that he wondered if they were actually going to study. He didn't read school books, he read comic books and stuff about quidditch. He decided that now wasn't the best time to add that snippet of information in.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend (for Blake)   

Back to top Go down

The Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend (for Blake)
Page 1 of 1