Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
TERM 7 - Painting Outside the Lines - Gryffindor Common Room - Hunter, Aoife EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
TERM 7 - Painting Outside the Lines - Gryffindor Common Room - Hunter, Aoife EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
TERM 7 - Painting Outside the Lines - Gryffindor Common Room - Hunter, Aoife EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
TERM 7 - Painting Outside the Lines - Gryffindor Common Room - Hunter, Aoife EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
TERM 7 - Painting Outside the Lines - Gryffindor Common Room - Hunter, Aoife EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
TERM 7 - Painting Outside the Lines - Gryffindor Common Room - Hunter, Aoife EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
TERM 7 - Painting Outside the Lines - Gryffindor Common Room - Hunter, Aoife EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
TERM 7 - Painting Outside the Lines - Gryffindor Common Room - Hunter, Aoife EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
TERM 7 - Painting Outside the Lines - Gryffindor Common Room - Hunter, Aoife EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
TERM 7 - Painting Outside the Lines - Gryffindor Common Room - Hunter, Aoife EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
TERM 7 - Painting Outside the Lines - Gryffindor Common Room - Hunter, Aoife EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
TERM 7 - Painting Outside the Lines - Gryffindor Common Room - Hunter, Aoife EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
TERM 7 - Painting Outside the Lines - Gryffindor Common Room - Hunter, Aoife EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
TERM 7 - Painting Outside the Lines - Gryffindor Common Room - Hunter, Aoife EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
TERM 7 - Painting Outside the Lines - Gryffindor Common Room - Hunter, Aoife EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

TERM 7 - Painting Outside the Lines - Gryffindor Common Room - Hunter, Aoife

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character
::
Activity: Gryffindor - Year 7, Head Girl

TERM 7 - Painting Outside the Lines - Gryffindor Common Room - Hunter, Aoife Empty
PostSubject: TERM 7 - Painting Outside the Lines - Gryffindor Common Room - Hunter, Aoife   TERM 7 - Painting Outside the Lines - Gryffindor Common Room - Hunter, Aoife EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 6:26 pm

Hunter VanDerberg - Second Year
Aoife O'Donnell - Second Year

Time: Winter, 2027

Finger painting! One of the awesomecoolest, supermegafoxyawesomehot activities ever! A lot of people were stupid and narrow-minded, so just assumed it was for young children, but Aoife was way too cool for that, so was bringing finger painting back to the world, one finger at a time. Starting with her best friend. She wasn't sure how Hunter felt about it, but she was going to make him help her anyway. Even if she had to hit him for being a git.

The best place to start was in the Common Room. She'd gathered some equipment up so she was all ready. There was red, blue, yellow, green, white, pink, purple, brown and black paint, along with some potatoes and a knife she'd gathered from the Kitchens. Not for anything crazily dangerous. Just so that they could do potato prints too.

Aoife had come to the decision not to tell Hunter what they were doing yet, just so he couldn't object. She had asked him about finger painting in class, though, so he might guess what her plan was. If he didn't like it, she had the dodgy Irish beer from Tag so she was all ready for the next plan if necessary.

Haoife thread. If you are not Hunter, and value your life, keep out Razz
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character
Activity: Trainee Auror

TERM 7 - Painting Outside the Lines - Gryffindor Common Room - Hunter, Aoife Empty
PostSubject: Re: TERM 7 - Painting Outside the Lines - Gryffindor Common Room - Hunter, Aoife   TERM 7 - Painting Outside the Lines - Gryffindor Common Room - Hunter, Aoife EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 6:58 pm

Even though it was his second year at Hogwarts, Hunter still hated wearing robes. It was like wearing a dress, only everyone was doing it so it was socially acceptable. But it still made everyone look stupid. So naturally, when he woke up that morning and realized that it was the weekend, he gladly pulled on a pair of old jeans and a black tee shirt, leaving his robes crumpled in the bottom of his trunk. Blake was still sleeping, so Hunter debated lounging a bit longer on his bed when he remembered something.

Aoife! With a grin, Hunter quickly changed course and headed out the door. He'd nearly forgotten that he had planned to hang out with Aoife that day! He hadn't gotten a chance to properly hang out with his best friend since term started, so it was definitely going to be an awesome day. She'd said that she had something planned. That could be good or bad, with Aoife. It could be some awesome adventure like the time they snuck into Hogsmeade, or it could be going around the castle fundraising for the sheep foundation.

Running down the spiral staircase and emerging in the common room, he saw that Aoife was already there. "Hey!" he said brightly, joining her. "So what are we - oh," Hunter caught sight of the paints midway through his sentence. Of course. She'd just asked him how he felt about finger painting. Well, painting wasn't as awesome as Hogsmeade, but it was better than fundraising. "Finger painting?" he questioned with a grin, deciding to go along with it. "And... eating raw potatoes?" he guessed, looking skeptically at the mound of potatoes that Aoife had sitting next to the paints. "I'd rather eat sweets."
Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 7 - Painting Outside the Lines - Gryffindor Common Room - Hunter, Aoife   TERM 7 - Painting Outside the Lines - Gryffindor Common Room - Hunter, Aoife EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 7:34 pm

Aoife had been about to start by herself when Hunter FINALLY turned up. "Took you long enough, Sleeping Beauty!" she joked. Except he wasn't beautiful, he was fugly. She tended to get up quite early in the morning, so it really wasn't that late in reality. BUT THEY HAD TO BE QUICK! There was more to do today! Much more! It was going to be such a cool day!

"Of course it's finger painting!" Aoife said impatiently. Hunter was less intelligent than she'd always thought. "Do you see any paintbrushes or sponges?" Stupid boy. Boys were so stupid. So were girls, generally. Sheep were the best. "It's going to be fun!" she added, just in case he had any doubts, being the stupid boy he was.

So stupid. "Have you never done potato prints before?" No, everyone must have done potato prints before! "You know how much I value potatoes in life. I'd never eat them raw! Mashed, boiled, roasted, I don't mind! But not raw!" That wouldn't be clever. It wasn't like she'd tried it once when she was little or anything. No.

"Don't worry, I have sweets!" she chirped, reaching into her bag and coming out with a selection of muggle sweets and some chocolate frogs and Bertie Botts'. "Would you mind getting those clothes dirty?" Because they might spill beer on their clothes later. That was why she was wearing a pink t-shirt. It might get wrecked and then she would never be forced into wearing it by her mum again.

Okay, they'd better start now. "Let's go!" Aoife said and plunged her index finger into the red paint. She was going to make a big rainbow with some grass, some sheep and a leprechaun chilling underneath it. Just a sheep wouldn't be colourful enough all by itself.
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 7 - Painting Outside the Lines - Gryffindor Common Room - Hunter, Aoife   TERM 7 - Painting Outside the Lines - Gryffindor Common Room - Hunter, Aoife EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 4:30 am

"What are you talking about?" he retorted, muffling a yawn with his arm and running a hand lazily through his hair to push it out of his eyes. "I'm the first one up in my dormitory. Everyone else is still sleeping." Hunter grinned at his friend when she affirmed his guess as though he'd asked the dumbest question in the world. "Okay, okay," he laughed, crossing his arms. "No need to bite my head off."

Potato prints. That made sense! Wait a minute, no it didn't. "Er... what's a potato print?" he asked, almost cringing a bit as he said it. He had a feeling Aoife would find this question much more preposterous that his previous one, and he felt like he was in for some loud, outraged answer. But honestly, what was a potato print? Well, at least they wouldn't be eating raw potatoes!

Sweets! "Awesome!" he exclaimed, snatching a chocolate frog from her the moment it emerged from her bag. He popped the container open and bit off one of the legs before it could hop away. While he was chewing, Aoife asked if he minded getting his clothes dirty. "No, this shirt is ancient," he replied. "Why? Are we making mud pies later?" It was actually quite handy to know that Aoife was wearing clothes that could be ruined. Just in case he felt like throwing paint at her or something if he had the sudden urge to. You never know when you'll want to start a paint war.

Aoife seemed to be in a hurry to get started on the finger painting all of a sudden. Hunter lowered himself onto the floor next to her and followed her lead, grabbing a piece of paper and a tub of green paint. He felt a bit childish trailing his finger along the paper, and wasn't even sure what he was going to paint yet, but it amused him to watch Aoife's excitement as she worked on her work of art.
Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 7 - Painting Outside the Lines - Gryffindor Common Room - Hunter, Aoife   TERM 7 - Painting Outside the Lines - Gryffindor Common Room - Hunter, Aoife EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 6:49 pm

"Yeah, me too!" she nodded. "Everyone's lazy, even you! I've been up for HOURS!" Well, half an hour. But it was just exaggerating for effect, and that was okay. Reasonable. Whatever. It had been enough time to get paints and old newspaper and old clothes and the beer and stuff.

Aoife gasped dramatically when she heard his next, ridiculously stupid question. "WHAT IS A POTATO PRINT?" she exclaimed, probably loud enough to wake everyone upstairs up. But it was their fault for being so lazy and not getting up at a reasonable time in the morning. With a sigh, she continued. "It's when you cut shapes in potatoes, dip them in paint and put them on the paper to make a pretty pattern!" Duh.

Should she tell Hunter about the beer or would it ruin the cool surpriseness of it? No, she was terrible at secrets. "Well...obviously we're going to get covered in paint now," Aoife decided on saying, but then added, "but LATER you might spill some beer on yourself." If he wanted to ruin the surprise for himself, fine, but if not, then she hadn't given much away!

"What'cha making?" she asked, glancing sceptically at the green thing that he'd managed to do so far. But it could turn out to be a masterpiece, you never knew. By now she'd done the red, orange and yellow on her rainbow. Four more colours and it was done! The rainbow was, anyway. Then she had to do the grass and the sheep underneath it! Easy! Aoife took a few Bertie Botts' for herself and shoved them in her mouth, creating an odd array of flavours all mixed together.
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 7 - Painting Outside the Lines - Gryffindor Common Room - Hunter, Aoife   TERM 7 - Painting Outside the Lines - Gryffindor Common Room - Hunter, Aoife EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 8:17 pm

"Hours?" Hunter repeated skeptically, raising an eyebrow at his Aoife. "I'm sure." There was no way she was up for hours. Although it was Aoife, so who knows. Yep, her reaction was just as he expected when he asked about the potato print. It was funny how her outbursts used to catch him off guard. Now, he'd think something was seriously wrong if she didn't react loudly to everything.

"I've never made a potato print before." Well, there was a first time for everything. Deciding to start simple, Hunter grabbed a potato, sliced it in half and carved a star shape out of it. He dipped it in some yellow paint and added a few to the top of his paper. Then, dipping his finger in some dark blue and applying it as well, he quickly had a poorly done night sky.

Aoife got his attention when she said that he might spill beer on himself later. He glanced up at her curiously, having no idea what she was talking about. "Beer?" he questioned. "What are we doing with beer?" Hunter had a feeling that they wouldn't be drinking it - Aoife didn't seem like someone who would like the taste of beer. Of course, neither did Hunter. Because he was twelve - almost thirteen! "That's besides the point anyway. Where are we going to get beer?" Had she thought about that? "I don't think they have beer in the great hall for dinner, Aoife," he reminded her.

Hunter pulled his paper away from Aoife when she glanced over to see what he was making. "You'll see when it's done," he grinned. "Until then, mind your own business." For extra measure, he flicked a bit of the dark blue paint that was already on his fingers at her. It wasn't much, and she'd said she was wearing clothes that could get dirty. So it was fine.
Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 7 - Painting Outside the Lines - Gryffindor Common Room - Hunter, Aoife   TERM 7 - Painting Outside the Lines - Gryffindor Common Room - Hunter, Aoife EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 3:50 pm

Why wouldn't she have been up for hours? "Yeah, of course!" Half an hour had the word 'hour' in it, so counted as being up for hours. "Maybe slightly less...depends on how you classify 'hours'!" Aoife added, because she was such a good and nice person and couldn't ever lie to her best friend. If it counted as hours. "I did still need loads of time to set all of this up!" And the beer.

With a sad shake of her head, she returned to what she was doing and finished the rainbow. Then she picked up a potato herself and carved a cloud shape. For the sheep and the clouds which would surround the rainbow! "Somewhere, over the rainbow, way up highhhhhhhh," Aoife murmured quietly to herself, in her terrible singing voice. Singing was funny though, especially when she was making fun of herself or stupid songs. Or irritating her sister when she was doing homework.

When he asked about the beer, she decided to answer the questions the wrong way round. The second answer would be more detailed and would require further explanation. "Tag," she smirked. "He's smuggled me dodgy Irish beer in a huge can my mam thinks has sweets in!"  Even though her brother was one of the biggest gits, he was brilliant. "We're going to plan a really cool prank," Aoife said hesitantly, wondering whether Hunter would be a wimp and refuse to help her. "We're putting beer in Leo Malfoy's coffee. Lots of it."

After she'd smothered the bottom of the paper in green paint for grass, she had a huge blob left on her hand. So when Hunter wouldn't tell her what he was painting, and flicked blue paint at her nose, Aoife felt it was only acceptable to "flick" the green at him. Maybe there was too much of it to use the term "flick". More like "chuck".
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 7 - Painting Outside the Lines - Gryffindor Common Room - Hunter, Aoife   TERM 7 - Painting Outside the Lines - Gryffindor Common Room - Hunter, Aoife EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 8:40 pm

Hunter just raised an eyebrow when Aoife said that she needed to give herself time to set everything up. "Paint and paper? Doesn't sound very time consuming," he pointed out jokingly. Deciding he'd better quit before Aoife decided to hit him like she always did, he closed his mouth after that comment and continued to paint. He glanced over at the sound of Aoife's singing - she really wasn't very good - but didn't say anything about it. She wasn't hitting him or yelling, so he wasn't about to complain about the singing.

Hunter looked over curiously as Aoife began to explain about the beer. "Tag?" he repeated questioningly. Were they playing tag now? But she hadn't even actually tagged him. Maybe she didn't know how to play tag. But then, she rushed into a story about Tag - who was apparently a person and not a game - sending her beer in a sweets package. "That's brilliant of him!" Hunter said appreciatively, now grinning. "But what will we do with it?"

A prank!? Hunter's eyes lit up as Aoife said they were going to use it for a prank. A prank with beer had to be awesome. For some reason, Aoife seemed a bit hesitant to go on. When she finally got to it, he could see why. "We're going to prank Leo Malfoy?" Hunter repeated incredulously. After taking half a moment to toss the idea about in his head, he quickly replied. "Sounds like a plan! It will be awesome! We can definitely pull it off, we just have to be sneaky - if he catches us, we'll lose a ton of points!" Like a hundred, probably. But they wouldn't get caught.

Okay, Hunter had seriously flicked the tiniest bit of blue paint at the red head, and she for some reason felt the need to throw a handful back at him. Fine then, if she wanted to be that way, so would he. Grabbing the jar of open blue paint, he retaliated by tossing it's entire content toward Aoife with a mischievous grin. Naturally, the moment he'd done so he dropped the jar like it was on fire and bolted behind the couch to avoid however she might react.
Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 7 - Painting Outside the Lines - Gryffindor Common Room - Hunter, Aoife   TERM 7 - Painting Outside the Lines - Gryffindor Common Room - Hunter, Aoife EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 6:35 pm

Aoife glared at him, and resisted the urge to slap him, because she was trying out NiceAoife for now. “Paint, paper, paintbrushes, beer… then I had to go and mix paint to make the purple. I had none! I tried using colourus changerus but it didn’t work, so I did the sensible muggle thing,” she went on to prove the point that just so he could have the awesome opportunity to spend time with his (ex?) best friend, she’d laboured long and hard to get everything ready. She was assuming the contract didn't count anymore so they were permanent best friends. Otherwise, they were just regular, contract-less normal friends, which would suck. She didn’t mention this, though. Hunter might be offended in some stupid Hunter way.

“Okay, his name’s Tag and it’s a stupid name but….wait, why am I defending him? He’s a git,” she grinned. “My mum let my other brother come up with a name and he didn’t know, but he’d been playing tag, so he picked that!” Uncreative five year-olds. She would have come up with a much better name if she’d been born at that point. LittleGit O’Donnell. UglyMoron O’Donnell. Blondie McBeerLover O’Donnell. “Anyway, yeah, he owed me for that time I got him a girlfriend.” She pulled a face. Why he wanted to snoodle with a skinny as a stick blonde she had no idea.

Hunter, being a git, repeated what she’d just said. Rolling her eyes, she nodded at the dumb question, wondering whether he’d be against it or not. No! It was fine! He LIKED the idea! Cool! “He’s not going to catch us!” Aoife said as though it was the most obvious thing in the world. Because it was. “BUT, technically, the maximum amount of points he can take away from each of us is forty. Unless he gets the headmaster involved, then we’re dead. Or expelled. Or Gryffindor are about minus six million points behind everyone else!” She'd done her research. She shook her head. That wasn’t going to happen.

She leaned back in to continue her picture, but as she was drawing a sheep, felt a load of paint being dumped at her. Aoife breathed out. She finished the sheep, then squeezed some blue paint from her hair to finish the sky. THEN, she grabbed the can of red and looked around for Hunter. The git was hiding! When she caught sight of his fluffy hair and ran towards the couch he was hiding behind. Slightly worried about his hair, but not enough to stop herself, she tried to dunk the whole can over the back of his head. Hopefully, she’d avoided his eyes but managed to soak him in paint, nonetheless. She shook her head madly to get some of the paint out. “You’re lucky,” she laughed. “Red is a nicer colour than blue!”
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 7 - Painting Outside the Lines - Gryffindor Common Room - Hunter, Aoife   TERM 7 - Painting Outside the Lines - Gryffindor Common Room - Hunter, Aoife EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 8:10 pm

"Okay, okay," Hunter said, raising his hands defensively in front of him and trying not to chuckle too much. "Take it easy, I get it! You clearly labored for days to get this all set up," he said in mock seriousness. He was actually wondering why Aoife hadn't hit him yet. Normally she was rather violent. Well, obviously that meant that Hunter would continue to push his luck until she finally reacted. It was kind of funny when she acted like she could hurt him, anyway. "The muggle way's better anyway," he said, shrugging. "I mean, how do you get the exact color that you want with a spell? Half the time, I don't even know what color I want until I see it."

Hunter grinned as he listened to Aoife go on a bit about her brother. "How old is he?" Hunter asked curiously. Tag must be much older than them if he'd sent Aoife beer. He laughed at the story of how he was named. "Thank god mum didn't let Jack name me," he said, scrunching up his face. "That wouldn't have been good." Actually, Jack wasn't even able to talk when Hunter was born. Not the point. "You got him a girlfriend?" Hunter asked, raising an eyebrow. "On purpose?" He couldn't imagine Aoife supporting stupid lovesick teenager activities, even if it was her own brother.

Wow, she's really thought this through, Hunter thought to himself as Aoife went into an explanation about how many points they could lose and everything. "I don't mind if we lose a billion points," Hunter said, shrugging nonchalantly. "Either way, I'll still have more than you," he grinned. "But I'd actually rather not get expelled if we can help it, so we should probably have a plan. How are we going to do it without him noticing? Slip it in before his drink leaves the kitchens?" Hunter's Hogwarts experience had become a thousand times richer since Kynan had shown him and Blake the kitchens. He was never hungry now, and he'd gotten to know some of the house elves pretty well already! "We can't ask the house elves to do it, we don't want any of them getting in trouble if we're caught."

After dumping paint on his friend and launching himself behind the couch, Hunter waited for Aoife to retaliate. It took her a bit longer than he'd thought it would, but sure enough after a moment, an entire can of red paint onto him from above. He'd been expecting her to come around the other side of the couch, and wasn't able to dodge the paint in time. It rolled over his head and covered his shoulders and the front of his shirt.

"Oh really," he laughed when she said red was nicer than blue. "Have it your way, then!" He lunged forward from where he was still crouched, not bothering to rid himself of the paint, and wrapped an arm around Aoife's waist, tossing her over his shoulder - which just happened to be covered with red paint. He grinned at how light she was. She had to weigh less than even Lyn, who was pretty tiny. He spun her around in a circle a few times like he might do with one of his sisters, and then with a shrug, he flipped her over the back of the couch. Hopefully she would land on the cushions safely and not hit her head on the coffee table and get knocked out or something. "You wanted some of the red paint," he said, shrugging. Maybe he'd done enough to make her hit him now? It was a bit unnerving that she still hadn't.

He rounded the couch, now choosing to shake his head to try to rid some of the excess paint from it. "Hey, we match," he grinned, indicating his now red hair. He fell into the comfortable couch cushions and leaned back. He wondered if Aoife still wanted to paint. They'd exhausted half of their supplies already. "Oh, guess what?!" he said, realizing that he'd forgotten to tell her something really important that he'd learned. "You know what I found out? You know how you always hit me for staring at Darcy? Well, apparently, everyone wants to stare at Darcy. Ariel told me that they're veelas." Hunter said, drawing out the strange word. "So it isn't just me," he told her smugly, crossing his arms over his chest. "They have some crazy magical charm that makes it hard not to look at them, so ha." Hunter had almost forgotten to tell Aoife about the whole Veela thing - but now she couldn't hit him! Well, she could, but not with as good a reason!

Suddenly, another thought hit him. Aoife had beer! "Hey, before we use the beer for the prank, could I try some?" Hunter had never had real beer before. "Dad's never let me try it at home." Maybe it tasted like butterbeer? If so, it was so unfair that he wasn't allowed to drink it.
Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character

PostSubject: HOW MANY PARAGRAPHS? TEN. THIS WAS SO HARD TO WRITE. BUT I DID IT. HA.   TERM 7 - Painting Outside the Lines - Gryffindor Common Room - Hunter, Aoife EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 8:01 pm

Okay, okay. Over and over those two words were repeated in her head. It was really weird. Almost like...in another world, another universe, some supreme being was having a huge fangirl attack and it was shaking up her mind. What could possibly be so significant about that? Mad. Aoife shook her head, deciding to shake it off and not think of it again. Unless, of course, the feeling returned. “And yes, I did,” she grinned. It was rather surprising that she hadn’t hit him yet, or even really felt the desire to, but it was probably because of her incredibly good mood. No doubt she’d hit him before the end of the day.

“Colours are pretty,” she smiled absent-mindedly, not really processing whatever he was saying for a good couple of moments. “But yes! It could happen. I know my colours. Mustachio’s fur...I’ll never forget that wonderful, shining white. I bet I could change paint to that colour easily.” The memory of her good unicorn friend made her smile even wider. He was probably still wandering the forest, living on the edge, doing whatever it is awesome rebel unicorns did. She’d have to go and visit him sometime soon. Kynan or Evan had probably already, but just in case they were too busy being fourth-years and arguing pointlessly with each other, she had to make sure. It would be terrible if he was lonely.

How old was Tag? Was she meant to know that? “Uh...fifteen, sixteen, seventeen,” she nodded, as though it was a very clear and precise answer. “I would be Jack’s best friend if he named you something stupid.” Hunter, or whatever his name would be, would never hear the end of her teasing him about his name. “Anyway,” Aoife moved on, crinkling her eyebrows in concentration. Why did she help him and stop his boring, friendless life from getting any worse? “It got him out of the house. And he gave me sweets. Skittles and haribos. And the girl paid me to set them up. Apparently that moron is very attractive to girls.” It made no sense. Although, if she thought about it, all of her siblings were fairly good-looking. Claire, however mean and horrible she’d become, had a boyfriend and loads of friends and she was like the typical gorgeous queen bee at home. The redhead always felt rather plain and nothing-y before she got her Hogwarts letter. The rest of her family were very cool, even though she hated to admit it.

“I can’t help being late for most classes!” she protested. Most of the time she was too busy eating to get to class early, or even on time. “And I earn enough points to even it out a bit, anyway! Not like Kynan, the git. So we don’t lose any from me, even if we don’t gain any!” That was, until the beer prank. Then Gryffindor would lose by miles, and her housemates would hate her. Blake already did, but it would be even worse. Kynan would be a hypocrite if he said anything. She didn’t know the pretty older girl with red hair, but she probably wouldn’t be happy. Then there was Bill. She still hadn’t thanked him for last year’s Christmas present. He might still hate her. ANYWAY, SHE DIDN’T CARE. GRYFFINDORS COULD THINK WHATEVER THEY WANTED OF HER.

Actually doing it? She had no idea. “I didn’t get that far,” Aoife admitted. “But I came up with the idea and I have the supplies! You can’t expect me to do EVERYTHING!” It was a good point about the house elves. As nice and amazing as Rosey was, they couldn’t risk her getting in trouble for their prank, or any other elves, for that matter. “Do you think...maybe we could get into the staff room?” she suggested. “If we went in with an excuse to see a professor or something, then slipped some beer in his cup of coffee?” It was risky, but that was almost the point of this. What was the worst that could happen? Eighty points off Gryffindor. Nothing too much, then. Maybe a detention too. She liked detentions, they were fun.

Aoife grinned when she saw her can of paint had soaked Hunter. Revenge was sweet. By this point, her picture was covered in various splats of paint. Even she could see that now was the time to give up on them. She doubted Hunter would care about continuing. Git was probably just here for the free sweets. Since she was so engulfed in thoughts about unicorns and sweets and stuff, she didn’t notice her best friend coming up and picking her up. How did he do that? Was she that light? Or he was strong. He was almost a teenager now. He’d better not turn into a lovesick idiot. But who was there for him to fall in love with? Seren? Yeah right.

Suddenly, she wasn’t just blue anymore. “Hunter, you’re so STUPID!” she laughed. “Blue and red make PURPLE, not red!” So now she was purple. Her hand, while flailing about madly, brushed against her hair. It was like straw. Nightmare. WAIT. Since when did she care about her HAIR? She held back a sob at the realisation it was starting to happen. SHE WAS BECOMING A TEENAGER. A REAL, STUPID, APPEARANCE-OBSESSED, MEAN TEENAGER. There was still time. She had to make the most of her time as a young, cool person.

Sighing lightly, she let go of that thought. Hunter was saying something triumphantly. “Veela? What’s that?” Aoife asked curiously, wiping some paint from her ear as Hunter continued. “That’s cool...but then everyone would think you’re pretty! That’s stupid. I wouldn’t want that. Darcy and Ariel are still cool, though.” She paused. “And I’m still going to hit you! It’s rude to stare, young one,” she teased, squeezing his cheek mockingly.

“Of course you can!” What was great about Hogwarts was how there were no people to stop them from drinking smuggled beer. Well, there were but who was stopping them now? Nobody. Oh wait, that was a mind rhetorical question. And she was talking to herself again. She was mad. “It isn’t as good as Butterbeer, though,” she added when she saw Hunter looked quite excited. “It’s bitter and stuff. But I still like it.” Tag had a bit of a talent for smuggling beer without her mother noticing because she’d had it twice before. True, her dad had known about it the second time, but he didn’t stop them. He was awesome, sometimes.

The teenager thought just kept coming back. It was horrible, awful, the end of the world. “Hunter!” Aoife eventually said seriously. “Do you think...do you think I’m turning into a stupid, girly teenager?” She held her breath. He’d better answer quickly, because she couldn’t hold her breath for very long. She most certainly wasn’t lovesick. She held no resemblance to Aylee and Bill/Gryffindoggy/Ryland. But earlier, she’d had a thought about how difficult it would be to get paint out of her hair. That was NOT a good sign. It could determine her fate. She had to be a cool teenager, she HAD to.
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: 10 Paragraphs too, sorry!   TERM 7 - Painting Outside the Lines - Gryffindor Common Room - Hunter, Aoife EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 1:49 am

Hunter rolled his eyes slightly as he realized that Aoife wasn't even really paying attention to what he was saying. "You know, you really do have the attention span of a rodent," he informed her. Just in case she didn't know. Or in case she forgot, more like. Then, she was going on about this stupid Mustachio character again. "You know, for all I know, you could be making this Mustachio unicorn thing up to mess with me. I've never seen a unicorn on the grounds."

Hunter supposed that he did believe her. Kynan could back her up and everything. Really, a part of him was a bit jealous that he wasn't a part of her Mustachio the unicorn adventure, and especially that Evan the git was. But he wouldn't admit that to Aoife. Being jealous of Evan wasn't a trait to be proud of. But that git HAD made him look like a complete idiot in front of Aoife at the defense party. Not that that should matter, either. It was fine to look like an idiot in front of Aoife. It wasn't like he needed to impress her or anything like that.

"You don't know how old your brother is?" Hunter asked her incredulously. That was such an Aoife thing to do. "Either way, I suppose sweets and money are a good enough reason," he laughed. "She actually paid you, though? How desperate can you get?" You had to be pretty stupid to PAY someone to get a boyfriend. Although, now that Hunter thought about it, it could be a good investment. "Maybe when I'm older, I can get girls to pay to go out with me - we could start a business or something and be rich! You can handle the finances, since I'll obviously be the more popular one," he joked. "We can use the money to start the sheep foundation," he grinned, popping another handful of sweets into his mouth.

Maybe she'd hit him now since he was acting kind of like a git? Why wasn't she hitting him? At all? And why did he even care? Either way, he became a bit more determined to do something to cause her to hit him. Only because she seemed to be, for whatever reason, exercising a ridiculous amount of self control. Probably to drive him crazy and make him wonder why she wasn't hitting him. In reality, she probably wasn't doing it on purpose, and he was most likely just making a contest out of nothing. Either way, he'd win eventually.

"Yeah, Kynan is definitely a liability," Hunter agreed, laughing. "But you're no help, either," he accused her. "I, on the other hand, am a perfect, model student - er, sort of..." That couldn't be a bigger lie, but still. So Aoife hadn't figured out how they were going to pull off their prank. But at least she'd come up with a pretty good idea pretty quick. "Of course!" he exclaimed. "That's easy enough! Couldn't you just say you need to talk to that crazy LeBlanc guy about Arithmancy or something? Since you're a teaching assistant?"

Being a teaching assistant was a little lame, but when Hunter encountered the crazy frenchman in charms, he realized that Aoife's teaching assistant position was pretty cool. And now it would be useful! "We could drop in to see him, and either I could slip it in while pretending to wait for you to finish talking, or if it's really crowded I could cause an explosion or something and you could slip it in while everyone's distracted!" It was brilliant, because nobody would think it strange that Hunter could cause an explosion by accident. "I'm highly unlucky, after all," he said with a shrug. "They'll never suspect!"

What? She hadn't hit him for picking her up? What the hell was going on? Aoife had just laughed, as though she might have actually enjoyed it. Hunter found himself feeling a bit proud that he may have impressed her somehow, and also a bit dejected that he STILL hadn't gotten her to hit him. "I meant that my fake red hair matches your REAL red hair," he informed her, looking to the ceiling in mock exasperation. "Try to keep up, will you? I know my colors."

Suddenly, Aoife's demeanor changed. Hunter heard her sigh, but before he could question the difference, she was commenting on the Veela thing. "Just because YOU'RE not a Veela," Hunter joked with Aoife, nudging her with his elbow. He knew that the last thing Aoife would want to be is a Veela. But it certainly suited Ariel and Darcy. Darcy was a bit intimidating, of course, but Ariel was certainly much more approachable. He agreed with Aoife about not wanting to be a stupid lovesick teenager. But he had to admit that he would probably risk the change for one of the Wilde sisters. But honestly, who wouldn't?

He must have zoned out thinking of the two gorgeous blonde girls, and he was brought back by Aoife saying that he could try the beer. That was a disappointment that it wasn't like butterbeer, though. "Do you have it with you? Can I try it now?" he asked her eagerly? She was way cooler than him since she'd tried it already, but soon he'd be caught up! Then they'd be even! "Oh, and speaking of butterbeer, guess what?!" He didn't wait for her to guess, though, before rushing into the answer. It was clearly a rhetorical question. "I got a job at Zonko's! In Hogsmeade! They let me even though I'm not a third year, since I'll be thirteen in a few days! So I can bring butterbeer back whenever I want! Once I start, of course, but that's not for a few weeks."

But then, Aoife's strange demeanor from before resurfaced, and Hunter gazed at her in confusion for a few moments. She looked dejected. "What's the matter?" Had he said something to upset her? He hadn't brought up her dead grandma again, so it couldn't be that. He was completely unprepared for what she was about to say, and when the words came out of her mouth, Hunter couldn't help himself. He burst into laughter. "You? A girly teenager? Are you kidding?" he asked? Seeing that the question was serious, he tried to calm his laughter, but it wasn't that easy. "No," he said more seriously, but not without a smile. "Of course not. What makes you think that?"
Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character

PostSubject: TWELVE PARAGRAPHS BUT I DON'T MIND SHORT POSTS FROM NOW ON :P   TERM 7 - Painting Outside the Lines - Gryffindor Common Room - Hunter, Aoife EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 6:46 pm

Aoife nodded. “I just...it can be so boring...and...I was going to say something else but it wasn’t interesting enough,” she grinned. “It’s like in class when I don’t listen. Because I can’t concentrate. Unless it’s Arithmancy or Charms.” Not only did she have a tiny attention span but she talked a lot too. “And do rodents have small attention spans like me?” She hadn’t known that. “I don’t want to be a rodent. I’m a sheep. First and foremost!” she said enthusiastically. Sheep didn't associate themselves with rodents because rodents weren’t cool. But sheep were cool. So, obviously, she wanted to be a member of the more superior series, a sheep.

“You can’t not believe that!” she said quickly. Mustachio was so real! “It would have been fun if you were there.” But he wasn’t. Because the git didn’t happen to be there at the right time like Kynan, Evan and her had. Hunter deserved it. At least, more than Evan did. But the priority at the time had  been saving the almost dead unicorn, not discussing who got to be there. There wasn’t time for her to go and get Hunter, unfortunately. “I’ll take you to try and see him one day. If he’s still there. You can be friends with him too!”

Did Hunter know how old Jack was? Aoife didn't ask - it might sound stupid. And Jack was a year or two older, from what she remembered, so it was easy to remember his age. Easy as pie. Haha, pie. “I know roughly!” she protested. “I bet he doesn’t know how old I am!” No, he definitely didn’t know how old she was. “I know! She actually paid me!” Yeah, the relationship didn’t end too well. Tag had been with a lot of different girls since then, most of them stupid blonde bimbos. She remembered Charlotte. Horrible girl. How desperate could you get? “Uh...Seren standard desperate,” she murmured, hoping immediately afterwards that Hunter hadn’t heard. She hated Seren and it was true the Ravenclaw was really desperate, but Hunter might be irritated that she was making mean remarks about her.

That was an odd idea. “Who’d want to go out with YOU?” she snorted. “Other than Seren.” Wow, she really couldn’t help herself today. What was wrong with her? “Can’t we come up with a better plan? That one will turn out horribly - nobody will want it.” The Sheep Foundation need a tiny bit of funding just to start it off, but that wouldn’t work. She wouldn’t ever date Hunter. [s]Probably.[/s] No, for that remark, Hunter deserved to be hit. She aimed a punch at his arm, quite hard. If he just laughed and said it didn't hurt, she could use the excuse of being nice and not hitting hard.

It was all the food-loving git’s fault. And she wasn’t sure if Ryland ever earned any points either. “Let’s just blame it on Kynan, maybe Bill, but I’m not sure about him.” When Hunter said something about being a model student, she let out a huge overdramatic laugh. “YOU? Model Student? You wish! How many points have you earned this year? And lost?” she smirked. Probably a LOT more than her. Earned, obviously.

“Yeah!” Aoife agreed. “Uh...hi Monsieur Leblanc! I was wondering...if...I could know about what we’re doing in Arithmancy next class so I can study a little?” That sounded reasonable enough, didn’t it? And then she could know all about the man’s plans for class! And she’d be ahead of all the stupid teenagers because she would have read up on the work! It wasn’t cheating, just doing well before she was even old enough to take the class. Then by third-year she’d be the best at Arithmancy in the entire school. “Are you taking Arithmancy next ye- sorry, distracted!”

Back to the plan. Hunter’s idea was perfect! But she wasn’t telling him that. It would just inflate his huge ego even more. But he could probably tell she liked it from the way her face lit up. “Yeah, clumsy git,” she grinned, before thinking about the actual plan. “I could do that. We just have to hope for the best. Leo might be such a mean, unsociable git that he just sits in his office alone. But he probably comes out for a coffee sometimes! We’ll be fine!” No point expecting the worse. This prank was going to work! It was fate! Yes! Fate would make this prank work!

Oh. “Now I feel sort of stupid,” she said quietly, but quickly shook her head and grinned again. “But my red hair is much nicer! Even though it’s a bit purple now.” It was just a fashion thing. “Natural red hair with purple streaks is all the range right now!” Aoife said matter-of-factly, very convincingly. If she convinced herself it looked cool, it would look cool. Totally. “The red paint emphasises your hair floppiness, though. It’s fashionable.” Almost. Still, no girls would like him. Except Seren. NO SHE NEEDED TO STOP THINKING ABOUT SEREN THIS WAS JUST HER AND HUNTER HAVING FUN.

Aoife nudged Hunter back. “I don’t want to be a veela! It’s stupid!” Hunter would make a good veela. Or Blake. Or Gryffindoggy. If they were very blonde like Darcy and Ariel. “Do you have to be blonde to be one? I couldn’t be! But we should die your hair blonde and turn you into a veela boy! Can you have veela boys? And can you make someone a veela?” She wanted to die Blake’s hair blonde, turn him into a veela and then make fun of him. Or Ryland. He had curly hair. It would look amazing blonde. HairdresserAoife.

“It’s in my dorm!” she beamed. Then, as she turned to run up the stairs, she called out to him. “Obviously I’m getting it now, stay where you are, I’ll only be a second, be patient!” Then she quickened her pace and grabbed the beer, before running back down again.  “I even have paper cups!” she grinned, producing one and pouring some of the liquid in. She’d suspected Hunter-di-do-dah would want some. Then she held it out. “Enjoy!” And she took a big huge sip of her own, her face crinkling up a little at the bitter taste.  

Zonko’s! The lucky little git! “You have to bring me back butterbeer! And stuff from Zonko’s!” Aoife sighed. It was so unfair! Just because she was one of the younger ones in the year, they assumed she wasn’t as mature. But that was rubbish! She was much more mature than Hunter. “I’m almost thirteen! Well, in July. They won’t notice I’m only twelve if I apply for a job, will they? I want to work in the ice-cream, or the sweet shop. Bring me back sweets and ice-cream too!” What was she saying again? Stupid rodent attention span. “Anyway, I could do it! We could work in Hogsmeade together! I can’t wait until July! By the way, for my birthday present, I want sweets, discounted stuff from Zonko’s and awesome stuff like that!” It was never too early to be prepared, of course.

Impatient git couldn’t wait to hear what she had to say. He had to ask what the matter was. Stupid boy. But he replied, and she let out a sigh of relief. “Awesome,” she nodded. “It’s just...a minute ago, I had a thought...about my HAIR! My HAIR! I’m not a stupid girly teenager, I shouldn’t think that!” Maybe Hunter would take back what he said about her not being a stupid girly teenager once he found out about her stupid girly teenager thought.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TERM 7 - Painting Outside the Lines - Gryffindor Common Room - Hunter, Aoife   TERM 7 - Painting Outside the Lines - Gryffindor Common Room - Hunter, Aoife Empty

Back to top Go down

TERM 7 - Painting Outside the Lines - Gryffindor Common Room - Hunter, Aoife
Page 1 of 1