HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Muggles and Wizards (For Aylee) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Muggles and Wizards (For Aylee) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Muggles and Wizards (For Aylee) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Muggles and Wizards (For Aylee) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Muggles and Wizards (For Aylee) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Muggles and Wizards (For Aylee) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Muggles and Wizards (For Aylee) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Muggles and Wizards (For Aylee) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Muggles and Wizards (For Aylee) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Muggles and Wizards (For Aylee) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Muggles and Wizards (For Aylee) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Muggles and Wizards (For Aylee) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Muggles and Wizards (For Aylee) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Muggles and Wizards (For Aylee) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Muggles and Wizards (For Aylee) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Muggles and Wizards (For Aylee)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jack VanDerberg

Jack VanDerberg

Muggles and Wizards (For Aylee) Empty
PostSubject: Muggles and Wizards (For Aylee)   Muggles and Wizards (For Aylee) EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 4:43 pm

Jack would never admit it out loud, but he had actually been looking forward to visiting Diagon Alley again since he'd left it the year before. Since Hunter was all weird and magical, he needed weird, magical school supplies. And now, so did Lyn and Lyra. And although Jack didn't exactly wish that he was magic as well, it was still cool to go with them to Diagon Alley and catch a glimpse of the insanely obscure world that he'd never get a chance to see otherwise.

Hunter had taken Lyn with him to get ice cream, while Jack followed Lyra and his mum down the cobblestone road toward some other shop. It looked like they were stopping in the bookstore. Letting his family get ahead of him, Jack slowed down to gaze into the windows of - he had to look to see the name of the store - Flourish and Blotts. Weird name. There was a sign in the window that said something about invisible books being 10 sickles, or some other rubbish. Invisible books? Honestly, what was the point? Just because you can make something invisible doesn't mean you should. Apparently wizards didn't think that way, though.

Figuring that he should probably go inside and catch up with his family, Jack headed toward the door. He was so busy looking around the crowded street for other strange things that he wasn't paying attention to where he was going, and found himself bumping into someone just as he was about to enter the building and causing their books that they must have just bought to scatter. "Damn it," he swore, bending down instantaneously to collect the books nearest to him. "I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going..." Hopefully whoever it was wouldn't turn him into a frog or something for his mistake. That would be pretty upsetting.

This thread is closed to Aylee Walters

Muggles and Wizards (For Aylee) JackSigComplete_zpsea798919
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Trainee Obliviator

PostSubject: Re: Muggles and Wizards (For Aylee)   Muggles and Wizards (For Aylee) EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 5:55 pm

Shopping for their school things was always fun for Aylee. In her third year, she'd gone to buy her things all by herself so nowadays her mother usually got something to eat in the Leaky Cauldron while her children went shopping. Fun. Their mother usually gave them some Muggle money, about ten pounds each, and the three of them would go transfer them to galleons at Gringotts. Then they would each use the money to buy anything they wanted, including their school things. It was always enough, even when Aylee bought an extra book or when Ethan bought an ice-cream or something. After shopping, they usually found a table outside the Florean Fortescue Ice Cream parlour and have a few ice-creams to eat before going off to meet up with their mum.

Aylee was excited all the time, but she mostly enjoyed the bookstores. She always held up her brothers while shopping at Flourish and Blotts because she had to see what books there were. Be it an encyclopedia of toadstools or a biography about a werewolf, she had to see what was on sale. Sometimes she bought a book or two. That day, she had her arms full of books- schoolbooks and a few extra books she wanted to buy. Kynan was behind her who, with some sense in his mind, was carrying his books in a bag. Ethan was helping him. "Aylee, you really should go get a bag for those," Kynan was warning. "It's not too late to-"

Plah! Just as Aylee decided to give into Kynan's words and was about to turn around to go back in the store, someone walked straight into her. She lurched sideways, dropped her books and almost hit her head against the wall. "Ah!" she exclaimed as she steadied herself, and then looked around to see who had bumped into her. It was a kid who looked about two years younger than her, and he was already picking up the books and apologizing. "It's fine, not a problem!" Aylee replied, feeling sorry for the boy. She bent down to help him pick up her books.

She forgot that Kynan and Ethan were still there. "I told you so!" Kynan grinned. Aylee looked up and glared at him. "Go, I'll catch up with you guys," she told her brothers. They didn't need any further urging- they were off in a flash, towards the nearest joke shop. She watched her brothers walk away, then continued picking up her books.

(x)
Back to top Go down
Jack VanDerberg

Jack VanDerberg

PostSubject: Re: Muggles and Wizards (For Aylee)   Muggles and Wizards (For Aylee) EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 7:37 pm

And of course, the person he ran into was a girl. "I'm sorry," he repeated again as she regained her balance and stooped to gather her belongings. He grabbed another book from the ground before standing up and pushing them a bit haphazardly back into the girl's arms. He hadn't gotten a good look at her face until then, and when he met her eyes he felt his face redden a bit. She was kind of pretty. Because of course, he had to knock over a pretty girl. And despite the fact that he was taller than her, she looked like she was a bit older than him as well.

She didn't turn him into a frog, though. Neither did the two boys that she was with. They just ran ahead, leaving her to collect the rest of her things. Jack assumed they were her siblings and not friends, or they probably wouldn't have left her so readily. "Are you okay?" he asked her, pushing his embarrassment aside. "I hope I didn't ruin any of your books,"  he added, the thought just crossing his mind. He couldn't even offer to buy her a new one. All he had was muggle money, and he knew that wizards used a different currency. And judging from the books she had, she was definitely a witch.

"Er... I'm Jack, by the way," he added quickly, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand. "Jack VanDerberg." Well, he'd just made himself look like a complete idiot. As if it wasn't bad enough that he was a normal person surrounded by weird magic people. "I really am sorry."

Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Muggles and Wizards (For Aylee)   Muggles and Wizards (For Aylee) EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 6:42 am

Well, the person Aylee bumped into wasn't a jerk, because he immediately started helping her with her books. She was picking them up too, and was too occupied in trying to find a way to hold the books without them falling off to notice that the boy was blushing. She checked all of the books after picking them up, in case she needed to buy new copies. But luckily, the worst were only a few bent pages, and Aylee knew she could just put them under the Yellow Pages or something to straighten them out. When the boy asked her if she was okay, she nodded and said, "I'm fine, don't worry, you didn't kill me." She hadn't been looking at him when she said that, so realizing that she might've sounded rude, Aylee looked up at the boy and smiled and told him, "It's okay, I was asking for it. My brother wouldn't shut up about my getting a bag but I do like carrying my books instead of holding them in a bag." It's a habit, she considered adding but decided she must've ranted enough already.

As she was about to excuse herself and get out of the boy's life, he was introducing himself. Jack VanDerberg. Aylee tried to remember why that surname sounded so familiar, and frowned in concentration... "VanDerberg?" she murmured, thinking. Then it snapped! Really, she snapped her fingers and exclaimed, "You're related to Hunter, am I right?" She usually got excited at moments like these, because she liked guessing and turning out to be right. Another habit, I suppose, Aylee thought. "But I don't remember seeing you around in Hogwarts," she recalled. "What's your house?" Then she realized that she might sound a bit rude again. "I'm Aylee, by the way."

(x)
Back to top Go down
Jack VanDerberg

Jack VanDerberg

PostSubject: Re: Muggles and Wizards (For Aylee)   Muggles and Wizards (For Aylee) EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 7:41 pm

Jack usually wasn't so awkward around new people - even if he had just ran into them and knocked their things all over the ground. But here, in Diagon Alley, he was definitely out of his element. He most certainly didn't belong. And that was fine when he was with his family, but standing at the edge of the cobblestone street with some girl who could use magic like his weird brother - and sisters - was a bit different.

He raised an eyebrow as she said something about not killing her. She hadn't even looked at him. Maybe she would turn him into a frog when she stood up? Jack wasn't about to hang around and find out - he was just about to take off to find his sister inside the bookstore when the girl finally caught his eye. Her smile stopped Jack in his tracks, and he found himself flashing a lopsided smile back at her as she started to ramble on about not wanting to use a bag. Now that she had started talking, she hardly seemed as intimidating as he had pictured her. "Well, if you're so against using a bag, maybe you should buy less books, then," he joked as he eyed her insanely large stack of books, his confidence coming back rather quickly.

She had way too many books. They had to be heavy. Maybe he should offer to carry some of them? That might be awkward, though, and he had no idea where she was going. He didn't know his way around very well. Before he could think on it any longer, the girl was repeating his name as though she'd heard it before. And she probably had, but Jack was a little surprised when she mentioned Hunter by name.

"You know my brother?" Jack asked her curiously. Hunter was quite talkative, though, so it wasn't so abnormal. So was Jack, but Jack wasn't as much of a git in his opinion. Then the girl was asking what house he was in and saying she didn't remember him. Oh. She thought he was a wizard. Shaking his head, he said, "Just my own house, back home. I don't go to your school. I can't do magic." He said the last bit a little hesitantly, wondering if that would make her dislike him. "I'm just here with my family so Hunter can get his things for school. Oh, and my sisters," he added as an afterthought. "My little sisters - twins - are going to be going to school with Hunter this year. Turns out I'm the only normal one in the bunch," he joked, hoping the girl didn't take offence at the statement.

She said her name was Aylee. That was a nice name. "It's nice to meet you, Aylee," he said, offering her another smile.

Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Muggles and Wizards (For Aylee)   Muggles and Wizards (For Aylee) EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 8:39 pm

Why the boy seemed so nervous confused Aylee a bit. The lopsided smile made her grin a bit- it was funny! Funnier than Kynan's stupid smiles, anyway. When the boy said something about her buying less books, she almost freaked out. Really. How could someone tell Aylee Walters to buy less books? Anyone who knew her would think better than do that! Okay, she wasn't as dramatic as described, but she was a bit hurt at the comment. He hasn't met you yet, what do you expect? Aylee told herself. So, instead of being all dramatic and loud (she might give the boy the wrong impression) she replied with, "Nope. Impossible. I love books waaaay too much to leave them in a bookstore. Seriously." Great, now he thinks you're a nerd. She looked down shyly, trying to avoid the boy's eyes. Biting her lip, she quickly looked up again, realizing that she must've looked rude or something.

When Jack asked her how she knew Hunter, Aylee answered, "Yeah, I-" snuck him out to Hogsmeade and almost got caught by a teacher. Her mind finished her sentence for her, but it was lucky that she stopped talking. Immediately, she started talking again and said, "I know a first-year, second-year now, who's Hunter's friend and she brought him when I was showing her around the Castle once." Okay, not a bad lie. It was believable. Her lie-making seemed to have gotten better over the summer, so she was sure that it was fine.

Oh my god, he doesn't go to Hogwarts. Aylee almost freaked out at that point. How badly she must've offended him! She tried to imagine how it felt like, having a brother who got to go to a magic school and make new friends and escape the boring Muggle world without you in it. "Sorry," Aylee mumbled quietly at the thought, and listened to what Jack said about it. "You're not the only normal one in a bunch," she offered, trying not to let him feel bad. "My older brother is a normal one, too, while my younger brother and I go to Hogwarts." That probably sounds worse. Like a contagious disease or something. Try to make him feel better about being a Muggle! "Muggles are lucky, though. Electronic stuff aren't allowed in Hogwarts. Sometimes radios can be used for parties or something, but normally stuff goes haywire. So being a non-wizard is still cool." One of the things she liked most about being a Muggle... internet.

(x)
Back to top Go down
Jack VanDerberg

Jack VanDerberg

PostSubject: Re: Muggles and Wizards (For Aylee)   Muggles and Wizards (For Aylee) EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 1:11 pm

Ah, so she was that kind of girl. The nerdy, bookish type. Jack wasn't at all bookish, so he hoped that she didn't want to talk about books which he most likely hadn't read. But as long as she didn't expect him to know Shakespeare off by heart, he figured they'd still get along. He laughed when she said that she loved books to much to leave them in the store, but quickly stopped because Aylee seemed to be a bit embarrassed by her admission. Jack couldn't help the small smile that formed on his mouth as she bit her bottom lip. "Well in that case, I think you missed a few," he joked, indicating the hundreds of books that he could see lining the shelves through the window of the bookstore. "Maybe you should get a moving van instead of a bag?"

He raised an eyebrow as she trailed off a bit before telling him how she knew Hunter, but didn't comment on his skepticism. He'd just ask Hunter about this girl later when he saw him. "I see," he said. "Well, I guess I should thank you him, because the little git probably forgot to. Not sure if you know, but he has no sense of direction whatsoever - so I'm sure you helped him out." She had mentioned a friend of Hunter's that was a girl. "Was this friend named Aoife, by any chance?" Jack asked curiously, smirking slightly. "Because Hunter's been talking about her all summer. She sounds a bit psychotic to me, but that isn't always a bad thing I suppose." Jack had clearly already started to call this mysterious Aoife girl Hunter's girlfriend, just to get on his brother's nerves.

"Oh no, don't be sorry!" Jack said quickly, flashing the girl a smile. "I don't mind not being like Hunter and the twins - it's a bit weird, no offense," he teased her, nudging her lightly with his elbow and looking away from her in a joking way. "It's just going to be a bit boring to be at home by myself while they're all away - mum home schools us, and there's a lot of work to do with them gone, so I won't really get to see my friends all that much, either." His eyes lit up a bit when Aylee started to talk about her family. "So you come from a normal family too? Not a wizarding one?" he asked excitedly. "I uh... I wasn't sure if wizards had a thing against muggles or anything," he admitted a little sheepishly. "But yeah, Hunter told me how nothing works there! I don't know how he survived for so long without his video games," Jack laughed, thinking of how his brother had barely left the television during his first week back. "Personally, I wouldn't give up my computer or cell for magic." That just wasn't worth it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Muggles and Wizards (For Aylee)   Muggles and Wizards (For Aylee) Empty

Back to top Go down

Muggles and Wizards (For Aylee)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Live the Magic! :: Great Britain :: Diagon Alley :: Flourish and Blotts-
Jump to: