HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Sat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Sat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Fri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Mon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Sun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Sun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Mon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Wed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Tue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Mon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Sun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Share | 

Term 7; Lesson 1; All Years

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Andre Jean-Louis Leblanc

My Character
::
Activity: Charms Professor

PostSubject: Term 7; Lesson 1; All Years   Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:40 am

Oh, 'ow absolutely marvelous it is to be back at 'ogwarts! Andre couldn't contain the smile on his face as he fumbled excitedly along the hallways to his classroom. It was his second year teaching at Hogwarts, which meant that Andre was now an expert at knowing precisely where his classroom was. But that didn't stop him from stopping to chat with Jaques, French wizard in the Paris painting who he had made friends with last year. "Bonjour, Monsieur!" Andre exclaimed happily to the man in the painting. "Est-ce un nouveau béret? Il est magnifique!" After complimenting Jaques the Frenchman and getting into a particularly long discussion about escargot, Andre heard the bell ring signalling the end of classes.

Andre jumped in surprise at the sound of the bell, knocking his beret off balance and sending it falling to the floor. "Ah, but I will be late! I must go!" Bending down to scoop up his beret - which was new and purple, his favorite color - and scuttled hurriedly down the hall. It wasn't long before a door came into view. His door! Aha! Zere it is! Andre beamed as the door - the beautiful, magnificent, wooden oak door! Of course, Andre had to stop to run a hand over the familiar grain of the wood appreciatively. "You may not be mahogany," he said to the door - mahogany was his favorite wood of course, "But you 'ave guarded zis classroom valiantly since ze day I 'ave met you! Zank you!" Andre added before stepping inside. It was always a good idea to be kind, even to inanimate objects. you never knew when they could actually hear you. "Like zat time ze chair deposited Mademoiselle Walters on her bottom at ze Christmas ball because she was not kind to it," Andre said to himself thoughtfully as he entered the classroom, leaving the door wide open as usual.

After dropping his supplies on his desk - which was also polished oak - Andre had to write his name on the board, like he did last year. "But I am not to be fooled zis time!" Andre exclaimed, rummaging through his pile until he came up with what he needed. "Zis time, I 'ave brought ze chalk myself! Ze blasted zing will not sneak away from me again!" And it wasn't just boring white chalk. It was bright, colored chalk! So that Andre wouldn't lose it so easily! So, with big, loopy handwriting, Andre scrawled his name onto the board, along with some other information.

As if it wasn't exciting enough to be teaching again, Andre had an assistant this year! Mademoiselle O'Donnell, the little girl that had tried to help him find his chalk last year, would be helping him to teach! Zis will make the class better for certain! After all, Mademoiselle O'Donnel's vibrational number was five, like his. Which meant she was just as suited to be an astronomy teacher as he was! "Ah, but of course! Ze students will be arriving any minute, and I 'ave almost forgotten!" Rushing as quickly as he could around the room, Andre placed a small bright purple gift bag on each desk in the front of the room. Each gift bag held an array of popular wizarding candy. "Zere!" Andre exclaimed giddily. "As a zank you for taking ze class, just like last year! Only zere is more candy zis time! Zey will love it!"

Last edited by Andre Jean-Louis Leblanc on Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kynan Walters
Adult

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor - Year 3

PostSubject: Re: Term 7; Lesson 1; All Years   Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:37 pm

Apparently, the Arithmancy Professor was a French guy who liked Lord of the Rings and handed out free sweets. Kynan was convinced that Aylee had came up with a lie just to get him to take a Math-related subject. Aylee was a genius at Maths. Kynan was a mess-up at Maths. Big difference. He loathed it. It was his worst subject at school. Aylee'd know better than get him to take the subject when she knew that he might end up embarrassing her. But still, he had promised his parents, too, to do better at school this year. Honestly, he only liked Hogwarts because he got to fly and see his friends. And when he grew up, he wanted to be a Professional Quidditch player. But still, if there was sweets, there was Kynan.

Wow, that was deep.

At least he made an effort to arrive early to class. In fact, he was the first one there. The Professor was there already, a black dude with a beret. "Hello Professor... Lllleblank?" Kynan attempted to greet Professor Leblanc. Instead of doing it in a French-y way like Aylee did, he pronounced it in plain English. That must have sounded bad. He took a seat at the back, where he knew Aylee liked to sit. Dumping his schoolbag on the seat next to him, to save it for his sister, he turned to look at the small purple bag on his desk. Opening it, he found... candy?!

He liked this Professor already! Seeing a Bertie Botts bag, Kynan took a few beans and threw them into his mouth. It exploded with bad and good flavours combined. He ignored them, chewed a bit then swallowed. Then he grinned. Looking up at the board, he noticed the writing. "Madmosyelle O'Donnell?" Kynan asked. "As in... Aoife O'Donnell? Tiny red-head Irish Gryffindor second-year? Very nice and bright?" If he was right, Arithmancy might just be his favourite class of the year.

^ By Hunter 'cause he's cool like that. ^

banners:

Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor - Year 7, Head Girl

PostSubject: Re: Term 7; Lesson 1; All Years   Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:18 pm

There was a loophole! If there was one smart thing she'd heard and could say to sound smart, it was that there was always a loophole! Wow, that sounded so smart. This time the loophole was that it was possible to be a teaching assistant, even though the class was for third years and above. It was her aim to try and be nice and early to class to say hello to the professor and see whether there was anything she should know, but then she was distracted by...the floor. She had to hug it. It wasn't like she fell over or anything. Just hugged the floor. Poor lonely floor.

Anyway, she wasn't the first one there. Without actually looking at whoever was sat there, she moved to the front of the classroom and was about to greet the professor but caught a glance of the student. "Kynan? Is that you? Did you get detention or something? You know class hasn't started yet? You're supposed to be here in about half an hour! Late!" Aoife said quickly, shocked. Kynan. Detention or on time? Most likely detention. Oh wow! The board had her name on! Mademoiselle O'Donnell, in nice chalk! Purple! Nice but not too girly!

"Hi, Monsieur!" she beamed, moving on. "Is there anything I need to know beforehand? You know, to be the best teaching assistant ever?"

AWESOME SIG BY HUNTER!

banners!:

Back to top Go down
Jennifer Moss
Adult

My Character
Activity: Assistant Unspeakable

PostSubject: Re: Term 7; Lesson 1; All Years   Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:33 pm

No. No no no no no. Aoife O'Donnell, the little creep, was the teaching assistant. Jen inwardly groaned when she entered the classroom. Maybe it was worth giving up the class since she could hardly bear the first-year and the sweets were only going to make her fat and ugly and spotty. But the class alright was okay. It was fun watching a Frenchman and his weird little minion make fools of themselves.

So, seventh year. Stupid. Boring. About to leave. Jennifer wasn't sure how she felt about that. She hadn't had the worst time at Hogwarts. There were a couple of people who she didn't completely hate, like Evan and Lucy. Wade, he was weird. But there was still this year. So what was she going to do with it? It had to be something big. That she'd be remembered for. Like unmoveable graffiti or something.

When she entered the classroom, she nodded at Monsieur Leblanc and took a seat near the back, far away from the wimpy Gryffindor who didn't like cool snowball fights and the irritating second year, who must be universally hated by all. Then she stared at the sweets. Maybe just have a few. Yeah, that nice looking pink one. Mmm, marshmallow.

Back to top Go down
Andre Jean-Louis Leblanc

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 7; Lesson 1; All Years   Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:47 pm

"AHA!" Andre exclaimed as a person stepped through the door. "Ze first student of ze year! 'ow exciting!" Beaming at the dark-haired boy who had entered, Andre rushed over to introduce himself. "Yes, yes!" Andre squeaked when the boy said hello and pronounced his name almost correctly. "Yes, I am Monsieur Leblanc!" he said, sweeping off his beret and bending slightly at the waist in greeting. "You did not attend zis class last year, but I would guess zat you are Monsieur Walters?" There were only a few new students in his class, so it wasn't that hard to figure out. "Your sister is Mademoiselle Walters! When she arrives, do tell her to be kind to ze chair zat she sits in! I do not want ze chairs to become resentful, you see!"

Andre bobbed his head happily when the boy asked about his teaching assistant. "But of course!" he replied, smiling widely. "Mademoiselle O'Donnell 'as been a great 'elp to me last year, so it is only fitting zat she 'elps me to run ze class zis year - AHA! But zere she is now!" Andre exclaimed as the little red-head skipped through the door and asked if there was anything that she needed to know! "Ah, Mademoiselle O'Donnell! Zis is wonderful to see you again back at 'ogwarts! 'ow was ze summer?!" He beamed down at the little second year.

"Why, you will be ze perfect assistant just like you are! Since you are so helpful, you see? Since you are ze teaching assistant, we can use you as an example for ze class! Tell me, what is ze full name zat you have so zat we can demonstrate ze new method to ze classroom when zey all arrive? Ozerwise, join in ze lesson as you see fit!" Honestly, Andre wasn't exactly sure what a teaching assistant did. He wasn't even sure what he was supposed to do sometimes. It was just nice to have the girl in his classroom. They would have a very good time teaching! "But before class begins, I 'ave something for you!" Andre quickly rummaged through his pile of supplies before coming up with what he was looking for - a bright teal-colored beret. "For you, mademoiselle!" he said with a smile, handing it over with a flourish. "So zat we can look like a team! I 'ave altered it so zat it should fit on your tiny head!" She had to love it. It was a beret! Who wouldn't love it.

Then, another student entered. And Andre knew this one! "Ah! Mademoiselle Moss!" Andre said in recognition. "I remember you! You are ze nine! A very superior vibrational number indeed!" Then, turning back to Aoife, Andre addressed the little redhead once more. "Zere are more sweets in ze top left drawer of ze desk! Per'aps you would like some?"

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 7; Lesson 1; All Years   Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:41 pm

Even the Professor's accent was cool! He was also the chatty type, and not most Professors were that. Class hadn't even started and Kynan was already liking it. Too fucking much. "Yes... Monseyor Walters, sir!" he replied, smiling brightly. Then when Professor Leblanc said something about Aylee being kind to her chair, he couldn't help but laugh. He knew that the Professor was referring to the Christmas Ball- some chair had been jinxed to fall over when someone sat down on it and Aylee had unfortunately been a victim. The Professor seemed to think that the chair had done it because Aylee had done something offensive or something, but Kynan didn't want to let the Professor down by the real truth. "Will do!" he exclaimed, taking a bite of another Bertie Bean.

Then they were talking about Aoife. "Helped you out last year? But... wasn't she a first-year?" Kynan asked, confused. How could the little tiny girl help the Arithmancy Professor if she wasn't allowed to take it yet? He shrugged, and then suddenly there was Aoife. The little red-head Irish girl was immediately asking him that he should be late, not early. "God, you're just like Maya! What is wrong with coming to class on time for once?" Kynan replied teasingly. It was funny how Aoife expected him to be late. It wasn't just her, really. If he didn't show up late for class, he didn't show up at all. Everyone knew that. As the Professor and Aoife then started conversing, Kynan switched his attention to the sweets he still had to eat and started munching on some more Beans. After a while, his face turned green due to the disgusting flavours which he had eaten so he decided to take a break and pushed the sweets away.

The next thing he saw was the French Professor pull out a tiny, teal beret. "Professor, with you, berets are gonna become to new trend in Hogwarts!" Kynan joked as Professor Leblanc handed the beret to Aoife. Suddenly, another student entered the classroom. Turning around, he recognized that evil Moss girl who had pelted them with frozen snowballs last year. He didn't smile at the girl, even though Professor Leblanc did. Instead, Kynan glared at the girl in a I-am-watching-you way which usually caused first-years to become uncomfortable. Due to the girl being a seventh-year, he had no idea how she'd feel. Still, he glared, then looked away in an all-cool-mysterious-hot-boy way like they did in the movies. Yeah, 'cause he was awesome.

banners:

Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin

My Character
Activity: Adult, Trainee Obliviator

PostSubject: Re: Term 7; Lesson 1; All Years   Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:34 pm

Well, at least she'd be having one class with her brother! Aylee was a bit too excited for Arithmancy, mostly because she wanted to see her brother's face when he met Professor Leblanc- the random, beret-wearing, Lord-of-the-Rings-liking, candy-giving, French Professor who taught a Maths-related subject. She had been the one who had talked Kynan into taking the subject, although Kynan hadn't believed her words about their Professor. I just hope that Professor Leblanc hasn't turned normal over the summer! Aylee thought as she was preparing to leave the Ravenclaw Common Room. Then she paused, and remembering a memory of the Professor during the Christmas Ball last year, where he had accused her of being mean to the chair that had dropped her on her butt. Shaking her head, she muttered, "Fat chance."

As she arrived, to class, Aylee noticed that she was still early. There was Jennifer (the evil girl), Aoife (fun and nice), Professor Leblanc, and... Kynan? "Woah, Kynan? What's gotten into you? You're... you're early! Huh?" Aylee exclaimed, frowning as she sat down where her brother had set down his bag. Then, realizing that Professor Leblanc and Aoife where there, she nodded and beamed at them. Then she saw Aoife's surname on the board. Oh, cool, she's assistant now! I wouldn't be surprised after last lesson, she thought to herself. Professor Leblanc and Aoife could be long-lost siblings or something, the way they both thought.

Smiling to herself, she bent down to get her school supplies out of her bag and focused on organizing her things on her desk. Then she noticed the small, purple bag. Curiously, Aylee opened it and found a bunch of sweets inside. Letting out a small laugh, she closed the bag and slowly packed it into her school bag. She wasn't really in the mood for sweets. Then she waited for the class to start.

(x)
Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 7; Lesson 1; All Years   Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:44 pm

"It was good, Monsieur! Sheep-filled, y'know? There's no sheep at Hogwarts, but there's some other cool stuff," Aoife nodded, deep in thought about which was better. Home had more muggle sweets and sheep and cool animals but Hogwarts had her friends and weird wizard sweets and drama. "How was your summer? Were you in France? Or do you like England too much to leave?" Ireland was obviously the best. Cool as France probably was, it wouldn't beat good old Ireland.

Aww, he'd said she would be the perfect assistant! That was so nice! "My full name? Aoife EVELYN O'Donnell!" She emphasised her middle name a lot because she liked it so much. After her supercool auntie, who was the best cookie and cupcake maker in the entire world ever.

Maybe she would have said something else, but then MONSIEUR LEBLANC HAD SOMETHING FOR HER. A beret! A BERET! It was PERFECT! And she was just fangirling so hard right now! "IT'S A BERET AND IT'S SO PRETTY OHMIGOSH THANK YOU SO MUCH MONSIEUR I'M GOING TO WEAR THIS FOREVER!" Beaming, she balanced it on her head in what she hoped was the right sort of way. They were matching teach-y people now!

Why was Kynan not totally un-fazed by her surprise? "No, Kynan, I'm proud of you! Keep it up, Kynan! If you don't lose any points for being late, we'll win by miles!" she beamed, but then realised what Kynan had said. "Maya? Isn't that your Slytherin girlfriend? The sort-of-pretty one?" Bleugh, stupid lovesick teenagers. They were slightly cute together, though, even Aoife would admit.

She rolled her eyes when Jen came into the classroom, smirking at the glare Kynan gave her. He looked like an idiot like that. It was like...a smoulder. Not cool. Monsieur Leblanc was offering her sweets, so she reached for a bag in the drawer, beaming, and took one. Chlorine. Weird. "Hi Aylee!" she said when she saw the older girl come in, looking as surprised at Kynan being early as she was.

AWESOME SIG BY HUNTER!

banners!:

Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult

My Character
Activity: Slytherin Alumni, Auror, Flying Professor

PostSubject: Re: Term 7; Lesson 1; All Years   Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:43 pm

Lucy had no idea what Arithmancy would be about. She'd never taken the class so she was a bit cautious about everything, especially the professor. Entering the room, she saw that almost everyone was there, and that she was the oldest aside from Jennifer. The board said the Professor's name was Leblanc. French...like Ryland! she grinned, maybe this professor wouldn't be so bad after all.

Then, she realized the professor was already speaking. What he was saying she had no idea. The accent was thick, and she couldn't help but smile a little; he had a very funny accent! Either way, she took a seat next to Jennifer, ignoring the fact that she hated to sit near the back. "Hey Jennifer!" Lucy greeted the girl, "Just a small question, who's Mademoiselle O'Donnell?" The fact that Professor Leblanc had an assistant didn't go unnoticed, but Lucy had absolutely no idea who this O'Donnel character was.

Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult

My Character
Activity: Slytherin - Year 3

PostSubject: Re: Term 7; Lesson 1; All Years   Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:08 am

Maya entered the classroom, sighing in relief that she wasn't the first one to arrive. The last time that had happened she had to help the professor find his piece of chalk, which turned out quite complicated as he seemed to forget that he possessed a wand. Besides the fact that the professor was a bit arbitrary at times the class wasn't the worst. The free sweets also kind of helped.

"Hey Aylee.. and Kyan! I didn't know you were taking this class." Maya said when she noticed the dark haired boy sitting down. He was grinning to himself and she raised her eyes, smirking at him. "I suppose you heard about the free sweets and signed up straight away?"

Maya took a seat the other side of Kynan and opened up her bag of sweets taking a few and offering the rest to Kynan. She knew how much he enjoyed food and he seemed to have gobbled all of his up already. Maya looked up at the girl Kynan was talking to and recognised her from the class last year. How did she sneak back in? Not that she cared, she thought all years should be able to take any subject, especially if they were competent in it. Maya looked at Aoife's miniature version of Professor Leblanc's hat and guessed her reason for being there. "Nice hat," She complimented, thinking that beret's were actually quite cool.

Credit to Aylee Walters for both!

Banner::

Back to top Go down
Kynan Walters
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 7; Lesson 1; All Years   Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:21 pm

"Hunter said the same thing!" Kynan exclaimed at Aoife's comment about trying not to lose any points from Gryffindor. "How many times do I have to say, that it wasn't my fault he docked off 30 points for me not going to class! For all he knew, I could've been sick in the Hospital Wing or something!" His tone had some tease in it, too, so he wasn't actually offended. Seriously, it wasn't his fault for the Professor being such a git. Due to the stupid Professor-y-ness, Kynan had ditched Defence Against the Dark Arts and the Professor had taken off, like, 30 points from Gryffindor! Yeah, fuck him. He didn't use bad words occasionally, but when it came to Professor Elldir he could use all the swear words in the world. Aylee probably felt the same way. But then Aoife passed a comment about Maya, to which Kynan glared. "She's not my girlfriend," he said, his voice serious. Did everyone think that?

Suddenly, Aylee was there and surprised that he was early. "Why is everyone so surprised?" Kynan asked, pretending to be shocked and hurt. "Is it so bad that I want to try and come to class early for once?" Then he laughed- everyone's shocked faces of him arriving early was too much. Before he knew it, there was Maya too, also joking about his arriving early to class. "Yes!" he perked up, grinning. "Aylee told me that the Professor handed out free sweets! How could I pass that up?" Jokingly, Kynan stuck his tongue out as Maya sat down next to him and started examining her bag of sweets. After a few moments, Maya ate a few of her own sweets and handed the bag to Kynan.

"Uh, are you sure about that?" Kynan asked as Maya.

banners:

Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin

My Character
Activity: Dark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Term 7; Lesson 1; All Years   Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:12 pm

Considering he'd ignored the class completely last year, Wade decided to show up for the sake of being able to graduate. Kellin was also bitching him about his schoolwork. 'I don't care what you after, you are going to graduate.' His father had said. Wade didn't understand why it was so important that he did; he already knew what he was going to do. Clearing his mind, he walked to the Arithmancy classroom.

He saw students he'd know in first year, others that he'd only spoken to briefly during lunch and/or dinner time. As he passed them, he ignored them. They weren't good enough for him to talk to. Finally reaching the classroom, Wade groaned with annoyance as he opened the door. What good could come out of Arithmancy? From what he understood, it was like math. Every other person in the room made Wade want to throw up, except Jennifer, of course, and his cousin.

He made his way to where the girls were, amd took a seat next to Jennifer, nor risking sitting next to Lucy only to be hit with a book or something along those lines. He quietly greeted them and leaned back in his chair, not caring for the writing on the board, the professor, or the class itself.

Back to top Go down
Jennifer Moss
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 7; Lesson 1; All Years   Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:49 pm

"Hi Lucy," Jennifer smiled when she saw the girl had turned up too. Yes, smiled. Why was she smiling? Nobody had hurt themselves or anything. It was weird. Lucy was the sort of person she couldn't help but smile at. She was nice, but not in that weird, infuriating Hufflepuff sort of way. Hmm.

The girl was also very lucky, since apparently she hadn't been unfortunate enough to meet Aoife O'Donnell. "Mademoiselle O'Donnell is the most irritating, hyper second year you'll ever meet. She's the small redhead one at the front." Aoife was one of the things she most definitely wouldn't miss about Hogwarts.

Then Wade turned up too. Why was he suddenly actually coming to classes now? Jen didn't acknowledge his presence, just took another sweet, this time a dodgy blue one which she couldn't recognise the taste of.

Back to top Go down
Andre Jean-Louis Leblanc

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 7; Lesson 1; All Years   Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:58 pm

"Aha!" Andre exclaimed when the little redhead said that her summer was sheep filled. "What a refreshing response! Zis is much more detailed zan simply explaining ze summer as good, or nice. Sheep filled sounds just marvelous!" He beamed down at her before continuing. Zis of course means zat I can not respond to ze question you 'ave asked with somezing boring and undetailed! So i would describe my 'olidays as... full of a new appreciation for ze most peculiar fruit, ze pomegranate! I must 'ave 'ad one each day, because zey are just so peculiar!" Truly, pomegranates were the most intriguing fruit!

Yes, she loves ze hat! Andre thought to himself, grinning broadly when she put it on. "I 'oped you would! It looks marvelous on you, mademoiselle!" And it did! She could have come straight from France if he didn't know any better. The dark-haired boy said that berets would become a trend at Hogwarts thanks to him. "Do you think?" Andre said eagerly, momentarily pausing to envision a Hogwarts full of students wearing berets in a variety of colors. "Why, zat would be quite a phenomenon! If you would like one, Monsieur, I am certain that I can get another one owled to me!" After all, it wasn't kind to give one person a present and not offer the same to another.

Soon, the class was nearly full. Andre was so excited to see so many people in his classroom. Andre heard the dark haired boy mention that he'd joined the class for the free sweets. Perhaps another professor may have been upset to hear this, but Andre just smiled happily at the boy. "Ah, Monsieur Walters, zat is quite a marvelous reason to attend ze class! It can be difficult to find a person 'oo can truly appreciate ze sweets to ze extent zat zey should! I would bet zat you enjoy ze bertie botts because of ze adventure zat zey pose! Per'aps you are a five? Zat remains to be seen!"

Time to begin class! "Alright! Ze class shall begin since ze students are 'ere! If anyone is not 'ere, let us 'ope zat zey have come across somezing more intriguing zan ze class, and zat zey can tell us about it when zey arrive!" Andre loved to learn the reasons why people were late! His own reasons were always intriguing, so others' must be as well. "Today we will be reducing ze name into numbers so zat we can determine ze character, heart and social numbers! Now, I will demonstrate with Mademoiselle O'Donnell's name on ze blackboard. When I 'ave finished, please determine your own!"

"Now, as you can see, Mademoiselle O'Donnell's name has given us three numbers. Ze character number describes the overall personality type. She has gotten a three for 'er character number, which indicates zat she is energetic, humorous, and forward, but is prone to 'aving difficulty focusing and 'aving a short temper." Three was a wonderful character number, and went along well with the girl's vibrational number, which was five. The same as his! "Ze heart number describes what a person may be like when alone, or may represent zings zat zey keep hidden from others. Since Mademoiselle O'Donnel's character and heart number are ze same, zis tells us zat she is a rather open person, and zat she does not hide much of her personality from others."

One more number! "Ze personality number, ze final number, usually represents what ze person portrays themself as to ze outside world. It shows what others zink of zem, usually. A nine, like Mademoiselle O'Donnell's, shows zat others see her as someone who will achieve 'er goals no matter what, although zey may also see 'er as arrogant." There, that was a pretty good description, right? "Now, would you please derive your own numbers for ze name zat you each 'ave, and share ze numbers with ze class when you are done so zat we can analyze zem together?"

OOC: You can use an arithmancy calculator instead of doing the math!

Last edited by Andre Jean-Louis Leblanc on Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin

My Character
Activity: Dark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Term 7; Lesson 1; All Years   Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:30 am

Ugh, Wade groaned. This is Arithmancy? What's the difference between this and Divination? He'd dropped out of Divination because it was a terrible class. There was no backing in it, nothing, it was absolutely based on feeling and intuition. Wade almost thought of walking out of class, but what good would that do? He did as told and calculated every number in his name, ending with the following:

Character Number: 6
Heart Number : 4
Social Number: 2

Next, he glanced at what the numbers meant. Six represents harmony, friendship, and family life. Sixes are loyal, reliable, and loving. They adapt easily. They do well in teaching and the arts, but are often unsuccessful in business. They are sometimes prone to gossip and complacency. Wade almost dropped his book to the floor. This was full of bullshit! Wade was anything but harmonious, and everyone knew that!

Like a table that rests solidly on four legs, four indicates stability and firmness. Fours enjoy hard work. They are practical, reliable and down to earth; they prefer logic and reason to flights of fancy. They are good at organization and getting things done. Like the cycle of the four seasons, they are also predictable. They can be stubborn, suspicious, overly practical and prone to angry outbursts. The conflicts possible in "two" are doubled in four. Wade had to give points to this one, he did always prefer logic and reason. And he was very good at organizing things, as well as being stubborn and 'prone to angry outbursts...'

Two represents interaction, two-way communication, cooperation, and balance. Twos are imaginative, creative, and sweet natured. Peace, harmony, commitment, loyalty, and fairness are characteristic. But two also introduces the idea of conflict, opposing forces, and the contrasting sides of things: night and day, good and evil. Twos can be withdrawn, moody, self-conscious and indecisive. The two part was the one that kept him quiet. Contrasting sides, good and evil, was what Wade really was about. He'd been living in a personal war between what he wanted to be and what he should be. So much that he'd truly forgotten about himself. As everyone calculated their numbers, Wade crossed his arms and leaned back, a defeated look on his face. Fuck Arithmancy.

Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult

My Character
Activity: Slytherin Alumni, Auror, Flying Professor

PostSubject: Re: Term 7; Lesson 1; All Years   Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:14 pm

Lucy didn't have time to answer Jennifer, not that she had a reply to her comment, but instead turned to look at the redhead at the front. It was the same girl that had given Wade a picture of herself for Christmas! Lucy turned to look at Wade quickly, "Hey, isn't that the girl from the picture?" She asked him, knowing well that it was her. Suddenly, they were told to do some math and she tried to do her best with the numbers. Obviously, she wasn't very good with them, but she thought her results were somewhat true.
Character Number: 1
Heart Number : 5
Social Number: 5

Back to top Go down
Jennifer Moss
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 7; Lesson 1; All Years   Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:15 pm

Hurray! More stupid, pointless, meaningless, stupid Arithmancy rubbish! Note the sarcasm. It didn't take her long to work out the sums. Jen was pretty good at maths. A look at the results showed her that she was harmonious, friendly and loving. Yeah right. Then also strong, determined, an inspiration to others and arrogant. It was all a lot of crap.

Character Number: 6
Heart Number: 9
Social Number: 6

Six represents harmony, friendship, and family life. Sixes are loyal, reliable, and loving. They adapt easily. They do well in teaching and the arts, but are often unsuccessful in business. They are sometimes prone to gossip and complacency.

Represents completion and achievement to the fullest degree (as it is the complete number, three, expressed three times). Nines dedicate themselves to service, often as teachers, scientists, and humanitarians. Strongly determined, they work tirelessly and are an inspiration to others. However, they can also be arrogant and conceited when things don't go their way.

Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult

My Character
Activity: Slytherin - Year 3

PostSubject: Re: Term 7; Lesson 1; All Years   Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:52 pm

“Yeah of course.” Maya laughed, dumping the pile of sweets on Kynan’s desk. She could hardly deprive him of them once she had offered them to him. It would be like taking drugs from an addict!

Maya began working on her name, adding up the number and remembering the interesting things she found out about herself the semester before. Not that she read too much into the stuff. It was still interesting enough and she hoped the subject would be easy enough to pass. Their final exams would probably involve eating and appreciating sweets and finding chalk. She couldn’t see it being much more difficult!

Character Number: 2
Heart Number : 3
Social Number: 8

Right, well with the limited knowledge of Arithmancy that Maya possessed the numbers meant absolutely nothing to her. She flicked open her book and began reading the description of each one.

"Twos can be withdrawn, moody, self-conscious and indecisive." Maya frowned down at the page, not too impressed what it was telling her. She was becoming more and more skeptical of the subject.

"Threes are often lucky, easygoing, and highly successful, but they can also be unfocused, easily offended, and superficial." At least she was lucky, she shrugged, glossing over the rest.

And finally, the number 8 for her social number. "Eight is said to be the most unpredictable of numbers and can indicate the pinnacle of success or the depths of failure; the potential to go either way is present from the beginning." Basically she was going to be successful. Yep, she knew that.

Credit to Aylee Walters for both!

Banner::

Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin

My Character
Activity: Adult, Trainee Obliviator

PostSubject: Re: Term 7; Lesson 1; All Years   Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:55 pm

It was hard not to laugh as Maya walked in. The girl had immediately sat down next to Kynan, which improved Aylee's mood, as she liked seeing the two together. She was watching Maya hand Kynan her sweets when Professor Leblanc announced the beginning of the lesson, to which Aylee had to pay attention to. She listened to the Professor's explanation about the numbers and heart and character stuff. Okay, it was confusing. She hadn't read her Arithmancy textbooks, because she found the French Professor's explanations more intriguing and fun. But she kind of understood the lesson by reading the board. What they had to do, she assumed, was count up the numbers by using the Aggrippan method. She hoped she understood.

Reaching for a bit of parchment, Aylee took out her quill and started scribbling. She did her best to cover up her full name, though, as her middle name was something both cool and embarrassing. Hint- it was a fictional character. Soon enough, she worked out her character number, which turned out to be a three. Seeing that a few students were referring to their schoolbooks, Aylee opened hers and looked around for the meaning to her number. "Three represents the idea of completeness or wholeness, as in the threesomes past-present-future and mind-body-spirit. Three indicates talent, energy, an artistic nature, humor, and social ease. Threes are often lucky, easygoing, and highly successful, but they can also be unfocused, easily offended, and superficial." she read to herself. Then she raised her eyebrows. Completeness and wholeness? Talent? Energy? Artistic? Humor? Social Ease? Lucky? Easygoing? Highly successful? What was this junk? She didn't find herself, in any way, talented or energetic or humorous. Kynan was the humorous one! She was the boring goody-goody!

Letting out a tiny sigh, she went to work on finding her heart number. It was one. Looking back at the book, Aylee read the answer, "This is the number of the individual, the solitary unit. Ones are independent, focused, and determined. They set a goal and stick to it. They are leaders and inventors. Ones find it difficult to work with others and don't like to take orders. They can be self-centered, egotistical, and domineering. They are often loners." Apparently, when alone, she was focused and determined and independent. At least this one was kind of right. She was focused and determined. And she kind of was a loner, too, she realized. The only friend she had and was still around was actually Ryland. When she was alone, she sometimes hung out with Ryland or Kynan. Or else she was just found amongst the library shelves, reading. Auden and Sydney have barely talked to her anymore.

Great, now this made her feel sad. After a few more scratching on the parchment, Aylee concluded that her social number was too. The was she presented herself to others. "Two represents interaction, two-way communication, cooperation, and balance. Twos are imaginative, creative, and sweet natured. Peace, harmony, commitment, loyalty, and fairness are characteristic. But two also introduces the idea of conflict, opposing forces, and the contrasting sides of things: night and day, good and evil. Twos can be withdrawn, moody, self-conscious and indecisive." After reading it, she got confused. Towards others, she was imaginative and creative and peaceful and loyal and fair? That was... kind of true? She guessed?

Well, her work was done. At that, she looked around, watched and waited until everyone else was finished with their analyzing of numbers.

(x)
Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 7; Lesson 1; All Years   Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:11 pm

Maya wasn't Kynan's girlfriend. Right. And to prove her point, in came the Slytherin, looking at Kynan in that lovesick teenager-y way. And sharing sweets. Bleugh. It made Aoife feel sick. She just wiggled her eyebrows at Kynan suggestively, glancing at Maya. He would probably get the message there.

Wow, a pomegranate! It sounded so exotic and special...why hadn't she tried one before? "Really? That's amazing! I have to go to the Kitchens and try one!" Monsieur Leblanc also said she looked cool in the beret! She beamed at him and watched as he started his undoubtedly amazing lesson.

Wow! Cool numbers! A couple of threes and a nine! And, from what he was saying, what they represented were even cooler! Apparently, Aoife was energetic and funny, but got bored easily and shouted at people fairly quickly when she got angry! So true! And then, she was an open book! But some people found her arrogant. Well some people were heartless gits, then.

It was quite funny watching as other people worked out their numbers. The Malfoy boy and Jen didn't seem too happy. But when were they happy, from what she'd seen of them before? Those two would be perfect for each other, the two moody gits. They could even have one of those...ship names! How about...Wafer? She couldn't work out how the other Bill-relative felt about her answers. Kynan's girlfriend didn't look to pleased, nor did Aylee. But Aylee had no confidence in herself, so she'd probably gotten really good, true numbers, but didn't believe them. Poor girl.

It was just waiting for everyone to finish, now.

AWESOME SIG BY HUNTER!

banners!:

Back to top Go down
Andre Jean-Louis Leblanc

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 7; Lesson 1; All Years   Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:31 am

Alright, time for Andre to wander around and be all teacher-ish! That's what teachers did! He made his way through the students, looking for any that may have questions. Not that he would be likely to know the answers, but that was beside the point. Of course, when he came across a student that had come up with their three numbers, he was quite excited to share that person's results with the class. The first person done was an older boy by the name of Malfoy.

"Aha, brilliant Monsieur Malfoy!" Andre squeaked, peering down at the boy's parchment in interest. "Zese are quite interesting numbers zat you 'ave come up with! Judging by ze other two numbers, ze six appears to be slightly out of place, does it not?" Then, being sure to address the whole class, Andre spoke loudly. "Sometimes, ze calculations are not so completely accurate. But you should see zat typically, at least two numbers match ze personality. In zis case, ze six is out of place because of ze two and ze four which indicate zat Monsieur Malfoy is a more serious individual."

Then, a bit quieter to the Malfoy boy, Andre added a bit more about his numbers. "Zese numbers imply zat you 'ave a brilliant mind, Monsieur Malfoy. But zat you may 'ave some controversial decisions to make in ze future. You see, ze number two is controversial by nature. Ze number four is even more controversial because it is ze double of two. But to 'ave two as well as ze four! Zis is not somezing zat happens by chance! Quite intriguing!"

Moving on! Since now there were a few other students who had finished finding their numbers."Mademoiselle Malfoy, I see zat you 'ave finished as well!" And she had a five! No! She had two fives! "Zese numbers are a very promising combination!" he told her happily, bouncing lightly in place as he analyzed her results. "Zey indicate zat you are ambitious and independent, and zat you are very fond of adventures! Per'aps you may go on to explore ze world?! If in your adventures you ever come across ze albino redwood tree, do tell it zat I say 'ello, will you Mademoiselle?"

He could keep going, but he had a teaching assistant! Maybe she'd like to help him discuss the student's numbers! "Mademoiselle O'Donnel, per'aps you would like to discuss what some of zese numbers could mean! Why don't you take a look at Mademoiselle Moss's response and tell ze class what it could indicate!" Hunter beamed brightly at his little teaching helper! Class was much more fun with her around!

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 7; Lesson 1; All Years   Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:30 am

Aoife was excited that she got to go and read someone's fortune with their number things. That was until Monsieur Leblanc mentioned Jennifer Moss. Unless there was another Moss in the room? No, there wasn't. Shame. At least she could find some creative, wonderful way to annoy the older girl. Elderly girl. Yeah, seventh-year. So old.

"Hi Jen!" she said with a huge, sweet, fake smile fixed on her face. "Let's have a look at your numbers, shall we dear?" After a quick glance at what they meant, she shook her head sadly. Completely wrong. They indicted that she was nice and determined. Yeah right.

Now, how to tell this to Jen? "Um...your six! You are really very nice and kind and lovely, so keep it up! A good career for you would be a teacher, but not at Hogwarts! Definitely not at Hogwarts!" Aoife said quickly. If Jen came to teach at Hogwarts, she would transfer to another school. No, actually, she would stay in the hope Professor Moss did terribly and got fired.

"And nine! It means that you are very determined and you'll probably do okay in life! Being a teacher! And also that you are very arrogant and stupid which means nobody likes you! Sorry, just what the numbers say, not me! Nine is triple three! Threes are successful but easily offended, so times those traits by three!" she beamed. The nine was probably more realistic, but only the arrogant bit. The numbers must just be having a bad day. Or maybe it was about the name. Jen had a nice name.

AWESOME SIG BY HUNTER!

banners!:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Term 7; Lesson 1; All Years   

Back to top Go down

Term 7; Lesson 1; All Years
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1