Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Reminiscing (Closed) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Reminiscing (Closed) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Reminiscing (Closed) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Reminiscing (Closed) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Reminiscing (Closed) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Reminiscing (Closed) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Reminiscing (Closed) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Reminiscing (Closed) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Reminiscing (Closed) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Reminiscing (Closed) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Reminiscing (Closed) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Reminiscing (Closed) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Reminiscing (Closed) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Reminiscing (Closed) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Reminiscing (Closed) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Reminiscing (Closed)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character
::
Activity: Slytherin - Year 3

Reminiscing (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Reminiscing (Closed)   Reminiscing (Closed) EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 10:43 pm

Maya made her way over up to the clock tower, planning on enjoying the isolated view of the grounds. As she gazed over the grounds Maya's eyes rested on the lake where some students sat enjoying the sunshine. Her attention rested on the smooth, glistening lake as she wondered what actually lay under the water. There was a whole other world down there. Maya decided that she would love to explore it, if she ever became really accomplished in magic that was. Absentmindedly, Maya began thinking of the other times she had visited the lake and the reasons that had brought her there. She had been there once before when she was supposed to meet up with Evan, but he had sent his cute cat instead. Good thing he was cute, she thought to himself as she didn't like being bossed about, especially by students her own age and Evan had this superior manner about him which Maya didn't appreciate. The other time was with Deirdre whom she hadn't seen in a while. A smile formed on Maya's face as she recalled the odd conversation that the pair of them had had about magical creatures.

Maya looked up suddenly as a large ripple erupted across the smooth surface of the lake, obvious to even to her eyes. Obviously whatever was lying under the water had been disturbed. Maya squinted at the lake, her excitement growing, hoping that the creature would appear above the surface and she could get a good look. Maybe it was a merperson? Maya laughed to herself as she remembered her previous excursion to the lake with Deirdre.

This thread is closed to Deirdre.
Back to top Go down
Deirdre Seamore
Adult
Deirdre Seamore

My Character
Activity: Hufflepuff - Year 3

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing (Closed)   Reminiscing (Closed) EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 5:09 pm

Deirdre walked silently, ready to finally go to the Clock tower for some peace and quiet, after having all her homework finished. Her pet cat - Marble - was skipping, occasionally going in-between the girl's legs, glad to be taken out for a walk. That she hadn't been for a while, as Deirdre didn't really go out anywhere recently. There was that one trip to the Owlery, but the cat couldn't be trusted with owls, so she was left at the Hufflepuff dormitory.

As Deirdre was passing by in the grounds, she spotted the lake and couldn't help but gaze over its surface, remembering the times she'd been there before. As it was one of her favourite places, she'd occasionally go there to watch it. She didn't know if she was really expecting something to happen every time she'd sit near it, but as its water rose and fell, she was reminded of her mother's explanations and that one conversation she once had on the matter. That time's story also happened at the lake, but not at daytime, when Deirdre would usually go there alone. It had been late, very late at night, and she hadn't been able to fall sleep. She'd decided to walk up to the lake, and Marble had joined her. As they'd got there, Deirdre had met the only friendly Slytherin she knew - Maya. Even though they were so different, they'd had a nice talk about merpeople. The Hufflepff didn't really know if the other girl had believed her about them, but it seemed so, and Deirdre smiled at the thought of that. Given a chance, those two could become good friends, but the raven-haired girl hadn't seen Maya for a long time. She wondered what could have happened to her.

As Deirdre kept walking, lost in thoughts, she caught a glimpse of red hair across the fields. The owner of it had stopped, looking at a wave that was forming on the surface of the lake, and the girl could take a closer look if she walked faster. She picked up Marble from the ground and increased her pace, curious if it really was who she thought it was. When she caught up to the person, a smile formed on her face," Hey, Maya! Long time no see!"

OOC: Thanks for waiting for me, Maya! Welcome back, again!
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing (Closed)   Reminiscing (Closed) EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 12:39 am

“Oh, Deirdre, hey!” Maya had almost forgotten the girl’s face it had been that long. But she beamed at her nonetheless and approached her, closing the distance between the pair. Maya was too preoccupied with what was disturbing the water of the lake that after acknowledging Deirdre she quickly returned her gaze back to the lake. The water was now lapping gently against the sides as the water had been disturbed. Maya continued squinting at the surface of the lake, hoping that something mystical was about to appear. All the times she had wondered what was under there and now she might have a chance to experience it first hand! Maya wanted to get a closer look at the lake as her viewpoint wasn’t the greatest, but she didn't want to leave the tower as it gave her a height advantage and by the time she reached the lake she reasoned that some great and magnificent creature may have surfaced and disappeared within that time frame. Maya thought it best to remain where she was.

Oh yeah, Deirdre! “Sorry!” Maya turned back to Deirdre, still keeping one eye on the lake as she half faced the Hufflepuff. She probably thought that she had gone crazy since her absence! “Do you see anything in the lake?” Maya wasn’t about to drop the subject, just to go through necessities with Deirdre and to appear polite. Imagine if she saw a real, life merperson, how cool would that be? Maya turned her full attention back to the lake, hopeful that Deirdre’s eyes could spot something she wasn't seeing.  

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Deirdre Seamore
Adult
Deirdre Seamore

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing (Closed)   Reminiscing (Closed) EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 10:55 am

Maya kept on gazing at the lake's disturbed waves after greeting Deirdre, so the other girl couldn't hep but watch, as well. Marble had cuddled in her arms, not entirely joyful about anything that involved water. The waters seemed rather odd, and it looked like something down there was to appear soon. The merpeople!, Deirdre nearly screamed the thought out in excitement, as leaned in to see better. She really hoped that was the reason for the lake's surface getting wilder than usual.

Deirdre had forgotten that Maya was there for a moment, but was brought back to their started conversation by the red-head's voice. The Slytherin apologized in a rushed tone, still keeping an eye on the lake, much as Deirdre was. " Oh, no problem.", she replied with a small smile. Maya seemed preoccupied with the water subject, so she asked Deirdre if she could see anything there.

Deirdre squinted, to see better, and gazed upon the lake. The waves were getting slightly bigger, but it was hard to spot anything from the tower. Maybe they could go there? But no, that would take too much time, besides, Marble would provably get crazy, as she had soon given the cat a bath and its head was full of unpleasant memories." Hey, maybe we could use some magic to see better!", Deirdre said, glad about the thought. The Supersensory Spell could do the trick, though Deirdre had never performed it before.
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing (Closed)   Reminiscing (Closed) EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 10:12 pm

Maya smirked to herself when she seen Deirdre watching with interest from the corner of her eye, she knew she’d appreciate it. Maya turned towards Deirdre when she began talking again, still keeping the lake within eyeshot. “Oh you brought Marble!” She exclaimed, only taking in the girl’s appearance now. Deirdre had grown up a lot since she had last seen her. She wondered when that was, obviously a while ago she figured. She frowned at this thought; she liked Deirdre’s company, and her cats. Maya reached out to pet the cat behind the ears and she purred cutely. Maya often wondered why she hadn’t just gotten herself a cat. They would appreciate her a lot more than her owl would. Her owl, Sky, appeared to hate her. No way would she ever venture the grounds with her. She did have her uses though; keeping in touch with her family back home was a big priority for Maya.

“Oh yeah! Why didn’t I think of that?” Maya laughed, as she was reminded of their current situation. “The only thing is I can’t think of a spell that would help us. Can you?” Maya asked, her forehead creased in concentration.
Back to top Go down
Deirdre Seamore
Adult
Deirdre Seamore

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing (Closed)   Reminiscing (Closed) EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 10:15 am

Deirdre smiled when Maya petted her cat happily - the Slytherin girl had been one of the first people to meet Marble and befriend her at Hogwarts. Deirdre remembered one of their previous conversation, one by the lake, nonetheless, when she'd told her she liked animals and was thinking about getting herself a cat. She wondered if that'd happened. While Maya was busy, Deirdre took the opportunity to look at her closely. She had too grown up during the time they hadn't seen each other, and was now taller than before. The raven-head was glad to meet her again - she'd remained a good friend of hers, and being in her company was a lot of fun.

Maya laughed when Deirdre introduced her idea about the spell to her. However, she said she couldn't think of one for them to use, so Deirdre said quietly," I've read about the Supersensory Spell, which improves your senses, but I've never performed it myself. Have you?"

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing (Closed)   Reminiscing (Closed) EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 10:36 pm

“Oh cool,” No Maya had not heard of that spell but she was loving the sound of it. Pity she had never actually performed it or even seen it in action before. Her face crumpled at that thought, that didn’t sound too fun. She was all up for seeing the mermaid and having super human eyesight would be awesome, but she had bad experiences with attempting new spells outside of the classroom before. She also loved learning new information and eagerly listened to what Deirdre had to say on the matter. It wasn’t too much though and the girl had only read about it. Maya frowned to herself as she bit on her lip, thinking about the situation. “Nope, I’ve never tried it either. I suppose that’s that then.” Maya said, disappointment washing over her as she shrugged, defeated. They were never going to see the mermaid now! If it even was a mermaid she reminded herself. She really did get carried away sometimes.

“Sorry for being so rude.” Maya felt the need to apologise as she had been so caught up in the lake she had barely greeted her friend. “How have you been Deirdre? I haven’t seen much of you around. Tell me all the gossip!” She laughed at how girly that sounded.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Deirdre Seamore
Adult
Deirdre Seamore

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing (Closed)   Reminiscing (Closed) EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 10:01 am

Deirdre narrowed her eyes in thought, as Maya was taking her time with the answer. Deirdre was sure that spell wasn't in any of their books, at least not this year, but she hoped that the Slytherin girl had some experience with trying out different hexes, whereas the raven-head just read about them. Maya, however, answered that she had never practiced the Supersensory spell, and with the reply Deirdre's ideas went dry. That curse was the only good one, actually, so the girl sighed dissapointedly. She was never going to see the mermen now.

Deirdre shook her head slightly, the other girl was saying something. Maya was apologizing to her for being rude. The Hufflepuff quickly replied," Oh, no, don't worry about it. I had fun." Maya smiled and asked her how her life'd been going, and, strangely, for all the gossip. Deirdre let out the smallest of chuckles," I've been well. And the gossip, well... I heard Ryland and Aylee fancied each other?"

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing (Closed)   Reminiscing (Closed) EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 11:16 pm

Maya laughed at Deirdre’s little snippet of information, weirdly enough she had something to share on that. Maya never really was into the gossip, but she was starting to realise that she had missed out on a lot and in a school with a small student body it was surprising how much they had gotten up to!

“Well, I think that’s partly true. I’m pretty sure Ryland likes Aylee, but the feelings haven’t been returned. Well not openly.” And not just yet. Kynan had been keeping Maya updated on the whole situation and it was so clear to everyone that she liked him. She was probably just too quiet or busy reading to acknowledge and listen to her feelings. Maya was just surmising, but Kynan was sure that Aylee liked him back so they were going to do something about it. They really should do something soon, she thought remembering their plans at the start of the year to get the relationship in motion.

"So, what about you? Any love in your life?" She asked, wagging her eyebrows in a suggestive, but joking manner. It did seem that there were a few more relationships between the older students, but not much was happening in their year. Although, Evan and Darcy did seem pretty close she remembered as the thought just occurred to her. Evan didn't seem close to anyone, bar Darcy, she needed to look into this more. Kynan would probably know, he seemed to know a lot of the gossip, she made a mental note to ask him later.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Deirdre Seamore
Adult
Deirdre Seamore

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing (Closed)   Reminiscing (Closed) EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 5:02 am

Deirdre laughed along with Maya. The raven-head really wasn't into gossip, and this was all the scoop she could offer. She didn't know nor Aylee or Ryland, but they did seem like a nice couple - as far as she was concerned, anyway.

"Oh", Deirdre chuckled when Maya informed her on the real thing, and not just the gossip she'd heard." Pity. They really look nice together.", she said. The girl wondered how Maya got the information. Maybe Aylee herself told her? As she thought more about it, she felt she needn't know. It was their business, and it seemed complicated enough.

Deirdre chuckled at the eyebrow wiggling, then thought about the question asked by Maya. The girl didn't really have anyone special - she hardly had any close friends, too. Perhaps it was time already? " Well, no, not really. Is that normal?", she asked curiously, as her life revolved mostly around books. After the answer, Deirdre asked the other girl," How about you?". She figured she did. Deirdre smiled.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing (Closed)   Reminiscing (Closed) EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 5:58 pm

"Thank you, yes they do!" Maya agreed with enthusiasm. She really did think Aylee and Ryland would be cute together, but Aylee didn't think so or maybe just didn't want to see it. Either way she wasn't going to get away with ignoring it for much longer. Not with Kynan pulling the strings anyway. Maya's lips formed a small smile as she thought about how determined Kynan was to help her sister out. It really was sweet Maya realised the more she thought about the motives behind his actions.

"Yes." Maya firmly stated. "Of course it is, if that's what you want!" Maya wasn't going to conform to society and find herself a boyfriend just because everyone else her age had one. She was determined to live her own life and enjoy it. Nope, she didn't want any of that awkward hand holding and mushy eye gazing. Maya didn't see herself wanting any of that stuff anytime soon, her father might also have a few chosen words to say to her. Or more to the point, the boy she'd be dating. Yep, best to avoid all that hassle.

“Nope.” Maya said, popping the ‘p’ as she moved away from the ledge and sat down by the wall. Trying to make the best out of the uncomfortable stone ground.
Back to top Go down
Deirdre Seamore
Adult
Deirdre Seamore

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing (Closed)   Reminiscing (Closed) EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 5:06 am

Deirdre smiled as Maya thanked her. She and Aylee seemed close, so the Hufflepuff guessed Maya knew what she was talking about. Deirdre had never met either of the two in question personally - nor Ryland or Aylee - so it was heard to get into their heads and find out whether they realize they truly belong with each other or not. That was Maya's part, it seemed.

"Oh, okay.", Deirdre huffed, relieved. She was never really concerned about her love life. Sure, sometimes she noted which guy looks okay, but other girls her age seemed to do a lot more. She just preferred her books for now. Snogging boys wasn't Deirdre's cup of tea. There's time, right? "Thanks, Maya.", she said.

Deirdre was glad how Maya seemed not to care about other girls' actions as she answered with a 'nope'. That proved there was nothing to worry about. Maya sat down by the wall. Deirdre kneeled beside her. "So...How've you been?" , she asked. She hadn't seen the other girl in awhile and she wondered what could have caused that.
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing (Closed)   Reminiscing (Closed) EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 1:22 pm

"No problem." Maya said, smiling in return. It was nice to be able to offer some advice, even if she was not too sure if it helped. But it was a good feeling to know that someone appreciated her input.

Maya sat in silence for a moment after Deirdre had sat down next to her and she contemplated her question for a moment. She had to pause to think about the answer for a while. How had she been? Well class had been going well, or as well as they were expected to and then there was the fact that she did not get to enjoy Kynan's company half as much as she would have liked seeing as they were both so busy. That was obviously just going to get worse now that 5th year was approaching. Although she found it hard to imagine Kynan studying much more than he did even for important exams. He would just rather be out enjoying himself. And there was the added fact that her parents seemed to think she was growing younger, not older, and needed their advice the entire time. Their input was not welcome, she thought grimly to herself as she tugged at the hem of her t-shirt and stared down at her feet. Then there was that recent experience in Knockturn Alley, which was too much to even think about. Maya suppressed a shudder.

"I've been good." She finally decided to say and keep things simple. She looked back over to the girl and flashed a smile. "How have you been?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing (Closed)   Reminiscing (Closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Reminiscing (Closed)
Page 1 of 1