HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Sat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Sat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Fri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Mon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Sun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Sun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Mon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Wed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Tue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Mon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Sun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Share | 

AU - The Hogwarts Hunger Games

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jeremy Rufford

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Minister for Magic

PostSubject: AU - The Hogwarts Hunger Games   Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:37 pm

All the students were standing in the Great Hall solemnly, awaiting their fate. For those not chosen, it was a nice, relaxing summer holiday spent eating ice-cream and watching their friends die in the arena. For those chosen, it was fighting to the death, the castle as the arena. Jeremy nodded to his boyfriend Thaor, signalling that everyone had arrived and it was time for the Reaping to begin.

"As your incredible, worthy, handsome Minister for Magic, Jeremy Rufford, it is a PLEASURE for me and my lovely boyfriend, Thaorson Elddirs, who is Head Gamemaker, to welcome you to this year's Reaping Ceremony!" he beamed, clapping and pausing for everyone else to do the same. He was beautiful. He deserved clapping. "So, as you all know, I am about to draw a bunch of names RANDOMLY out of this, the Goblet of Fire. Since it had some diarrhea-related problems, it hasn't been in use for twenty years, but now, it is our Reaping Ball!" Cue for more clapping. The huge flashing sign above his head, which lit up to say "LAUGH" or "CLAP" or "CRY" whenever necessary should be a good indication.

Okay, now to move on. The names. "First of all, Aylee Walters, that irritating Ravenclaw who nobody actually likes!" Jeremy beamed, beckoning for her to join him onstage. The "GASP" sign flashed, to make it look as if nobody expected that. "Next up, the HUNK who you all know as Hunter Van-Van- I can't pronounce his surname! Come on up, boy!" Time was running out, but he didn't plan on going any slower. He liked this routine. "Our next tribute is...Andre Leblanc! Everyone likes him, everyone finds his French-ness funny! Hurry up, dear, we don't have all day!"

Another pick. "Lyra Van-Van- I can't pronounce her surname! And also Lynette Van-Van- I can't pronounce her surname either!" Twins! It would be fun to see them kill each other on a big screen! "GASP" once again flashed. "Aoife O'Donnell, the small redheaded FREAK who people actually hate! Can't wait to see her die! Wait...isn't her boyfriend...Hunter? DRAMA, PEOPLES!" This WAS fun!

"One more tribute and then we'll take a quick break!" Jeremy grinned. He needed the loo before they continued. And a firewhiskey. Work was so stressful nowadays. "And...." - dramatic drum roll - "Kynan Walters! Aylee's brother! More siblings! We do have a lot of drama this year, don't we! Okay, we'll be right back!" He sprinted towards the door in search of a toilet. That gave people time to react dramatically.

Admin

My Character
Activity: Trainee Auror

PostSubject: Re: AU - The Hogwarts Hunger Games   Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:04 pm

So, apparently, there was this new thing that Hogwarts did for fun. It had to do with picking a handful of students and teachers from Hogwarts and making them kill each other. Or something. Hunter filed into the Great Hall with the rest of the students and caught sight of the Minister of Magic standing at the front of the room, facing them. It was pretty simple, really. The Minister would pick a few names and then those people would be sent off to their deaths. Except for one.

The last thing that Hunter felt like doing today was walking up to the front of the room because he'd been chosen to participate in the games. What were the chances his name would be chosen, really? Anyway, he had other people to worry about. There was Lyn and Lyra. And Aoife... He'd rather it be him that was chosen. Hunter thought that if he were picked, he at least stood a pretty good chance of lasting until the end. He was strong, and knew how to live off the land. Because he had a farm and all that stuff. Yeah. Anyway, he'd been training since he heard about the games. He would NOT be caught off guard.

The hall was silent as the first name was called. Aylee. A formidable opponent, if she gets hold of a wand. Honestly, if Aylee didn't get hold of a wand, she wasn't a threat. Hunter held his breath as he waited for the second name. And it was his. Wait, had the minister just called him a hunk? Okay then... That sort of made it better. Hunter squared his shoulders and made his way to the front to stand beside Aylee.

Then, a few more names were called. The Arithmancy professor. Not a threat. Funny guy. Then - no! The twins were both chosen! And the Minister couldn't say their name, either. "VanDerberg," Hunter said loudly, so that the minister could hear him. Another name. And it was Aoife. And the Minister had called her a red-headed freak. EVERYONE HE LOVED WAS GOING TO DIE! But the red-headed freak comment was still kind of funny. Then, the minister made some comment about Aoife being his girlfriend that Hunter actually grinned at, slightly amused.

The last person was Kynan. And then it was time for a break. Cool. Breaks were good. Hunter looked around at the other tributes and wondered who else would be chosen.

Banners:

Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin

My Character
Activity: Adult, Trainee Obliviator

PostSubject: Re: AU - The Hogwarts Hunger Games   Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:47 pm

Was every book that she had ever read going to become reality now? Aylee followed the students into the Great Hall and found a seat. She folded her arms and glared at the Minster of Magic. Apparently, they had a great idea about rounding up a bunch of students and making them fight to the death. The Hunger Games. Being a huge bookworm, she knew the rules of the games. By heart. She used to love the books. Before they started happening in real life. Now all she could do was wait and hope that neither she nor her friends got picked. There was a huge sign behind the Minister which lit up with commands during the speech but Aylee didn't listen to it at all. Her stomach was aching badly with fear. Soon enough, the Minister started putting his hand into the reaping bowl and pulling out a name. If she had her wand with her, she would've blasted the Minister then and there. That very second. But unfortunately, she didn't have it.

The first name was called out. It was Aylee. For a moment, she forgot what her name was. Someone from behind her pushed her forward and she found herself walking up on the stage. She was shaking now. She stood there, trying to let the news sink in. I'm Aylee. I just got chosen to participate in the Hunger Games. I'm going to die. And there was nothing she could do. In certain situations in her life, she had accepted the fact that she might possibly die but in this situation she was practically being forced to die. Executed. Why not just round up a bunch of kids and kill them all? The same question she always asked herself while reading the books. For the fun of it. The drama. Everyone else is the Capitol, and all they want is entertainment. Her arms were still folded, her face held a hard expression. She was also offended by the term, 'irritating Ravenclaw who nobody really likes' but ignored that. Underneath her school robes, she could feel her Mockingjay pin on her undershirt, the one that Ryland gave her for Christmas. Ryland! Just as Hunter's name was about to be called, she looked around with fear, trying to spot her friend. Please don't pick him.

The next name was Hunter. Aylee couldn't get herself to stop shaking as she realized that she might have to kill the little boy. And really, she had grown to like the tiny first-year. She shot Hunter a look that meant both 'sorry' and 'good luck'. She realized that if she was going to stay alive, she'd had to stop being a softie. She had to stay alive. The next name was called, and Aylee was surprised to hear that it was her Arithmancy Professor. She didn't smile at the French man, even though she wanted to. She was starting to plan a strategy in her head. The next two names appeared to be related to Hunter, and Aylee found that even harder to bear. She'd have to kill those twins too. Then Aoife was called. No, not her! She liked the little ball of energy who obsessed about sheep! They were all too young too die! How could the Ministry think of such things? But the stupid Minister only had his mind wrapped around the drama of Hunter and Aoife. Soon enough, it was down to the last name before the break. Aylee was looking really pale, hoping that it wouldn't be any of her friends.

It was Kynan. She took a deep breath at that, trying to deal with the fact. She watched her younger brother hop onto the stage and stand in line. Aylee was trying hard to keep herself from fainting now. She would have to kill her brother. As the Minister left the Great Hall, she managed to catch eye contact with Kynan. Her brother had an encouraging look in his eyes, a brave one, one that meant 'don't worry, we can do this'. She immediately understood what her brother was trying to tell her. Allies. Her brother's optimism gave her some hope and she started working out her strategy. She knew that Kynan would trust her choice. She knew that Kynan was loyal- which was another thing she was afraid of. What if, at the end of the games, the two of them were the only survivors? Then they'd have to kill each other. She was really in danger of fainting now. She just hoped that the next tributes wouldn't be her friends- not Ryland, not Auden, not Sydney, not Morgana, not any of those. Calm down. Calm down. You can deal with this. Aylee tried telling herself. She also knew that as long as she had a wand, she could survive. Even without a wand, she might. She had been reading up a lot of plants and survival tips these days so that might help too. Hopefully. It depended on the arena, really.

(x)
Back to top Go down
Jennifer Moss
Adult

My Character
Activity: Assistant Unspeakable

PostSubject: Re: AU - The Hogwarts Hunger Games   Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:25 pm

Jennifer didn't really like this idea. Of course, she didn't completely understand it but it sounded like the idea was people got chosen to kill each other until there was one person left. That wasn't very nice. It was bad to kill people, and without any reason? She had yet to find out why they were being forced to do so. True, she wasn't the most clever girl and had dizzy blonde moments, but she was pretty sure these games weren't a good thing.

When she reached the Reaping, she stood by herself, happily humming the My Little Pony theme song under her breath. There was this man at the front, who she soon heard was her incredible, worthy, handsome Minister for Magic, Jeremy Rufford. Whatever he said. Then he started to call out names. Why? Oh, she got it! They were the people that had to die! That wasn't nice at all. She loved people. Why kill them?

The first one to be picked was a pretty, nice-looking Ravenclaw girl who the Minister said nobody liked. That was mean. Jen frowned. She hoped the poor girl was alright. It must have been a shock for her. A big sign flashed up and said GASP. Of course she gasped because she was raised to know that big flashy signs must always be obeyed.

Next was a poor little boy who was apparently a hunk. He was very good-looking. She just wanted to pinch his cheeks and give him a hug and make him feel better for getting picked, poor ickle thing. Then there was Professor Leblanc, who she knew and felt sorry for. Poor Frenchman. Then more little kids! And they were twins! That was so sad. If she understood the game properly, at least one of them would have to die. Not good at all.

Two tributes later (the little boy's girlfriend - GASP - and the Ravenclaw's brother - OH NO) they were taking a break. The Minister had run off, probably on some scary, official errand, but there were still more names to be picked, which still wasn't at all nice. Jennifer, being the nice, sweet girl she always had been, ran straight to the front where the tributes were.

She spotted Aoife and ran to give the girl a hug. "I'm so sorry!" she frowned unhappily. "I don't really understand while we're all here, but I think you're going to die! If you're going to die, I want to as well!" She couldn't let the poor girl suffer alone. Jen had to do something and she had to do it fast.

"I VOLUNTEER! I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE!"

Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor - Year 7, Head Girl

PostSubject: Re: AU - The Hogwarts Hunger Games   Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:45 pm

This was just sick. But sick as it truly was, Aoife had still trained. Not with a wand - that wasn't her strong point. With some knives that she'd got from the kitchen. To be honest, she'd seen Hunter was doing this and realised she needed to up her game, since knowing her look, it was likely she'd be picked. She just really hoped that Hunter or any of her other friends were safe, because it wouldn't be nice to try and kill them.

But if it happened Hunter was also in the games, she had a plan. A plan that was foolproof and would definitely work. She'd play the girlfriend trick. Act like she was totally in love and couldn't stand to be away from him and then STAB HIM WHILE HE SLEPT. Any other sane person would do the same though, so it was alright.

When she got to the Great Hall, she went to immediately stand by her best friend. The act needed to start now. That Jeremy Rufford was an idiot. Who made him Minister? And when did him and Professor Elddirs make it official? Obviously they all knew it was happening, but it hadn't been official before. "YO JEREMY!" Aoife shouted. "CONGRATS ON MAKING IT OFFICIAL, DUDE!"

HUNTER WAS THE SECOND TO BE PICKED. That meant her plan must go into action, playing the dumb career girlfriend, whatever that was. Aylee too. Not an easy opponent, unfortunately. The twins. She could get them easily. Professor Leblanc. She made up her mind to try and keep him alive, at least for a little bit. Kynan, poor thing. WAIT...HAD THE MINISTER CALLED HER A REDHEADED FREAK? THAT MORONIC GIT.

Aoife stomped up on stage, glaring at Jeremy like the boss she was. Apparently, they were taking a quick break. Before she knew what was happening, she was being hugged. Ugh, hugs. Disgusting. But it was okay because it was from her sweet, amazing, MLP-loving friend Jen. "Yeah, that's it! I have to die! But I'm not going to! Because I'm going to win!" But before she could do anything, that lumbering idiot was volunteering. Without any reason, just basically committing suicide.

Much as she loved and adored this girl, she was seriously messed up.

AWESOME SIG BY HUNTER!

banners!:

Back to top Go down
Jeremy Rufford

My Character
Activity: Adult, Minister for Magic

PostSubject: Re: AU - The Hogwarts Hunger Games   Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:42 pm

Jeremy was back from the loo and the kitchens just in time to hear that sweet blonde girl volunteer. Not to save anyone else, just for the sake of it. That thick thing. But maybe she just wanted the millions of galleons and the fame? No, not that dizzy-blonde-looking girl.

"WONDERFUL! OKAY, WE'RE BACK NOW! DID YOU ALL HERE THAT? WE HAVE A VOLUNTEER! COME ON UP HERE!" he beamed. Now, to make those assumptions regarding his buttons. "Now, I bet my BUTTONS that you're that unintelligent, idiot blonde Jennifer Moss that everyone talks about!" His buttons weren't worth that much, so he'd bet them, definitely.

Now, back to the tribute picking. "Let's do another four and then I reckon we're done!" he decided. All these reactions were very important. "OKAY THEN...DRUMROLL PLEASE...EVAN WILLIAMS! Hey, isn't that boy the Ravenclaw who almost set fire to the Clock Tower? That was awesome, dude, congrats! Sucks you have to die now, though." It really did. Poor mastermind.

Next one. "We have...MUSTACHIO!" Jeremy beamed. He loved Mustachio. Almost as much as he loved Thaor. And that was saying something. "Mexican unicorn with a mustache! Wow, that will add some AWESOME to the fight!" Unicorns must be awesome with knives. Maybe not wands though, if his boyfriend left any of them in the arena.

Alright, who would be next? They were about to find out! "Maya Winchester! Slytherin, right? Come and join us here, Maya!" He didn't really know the girl so he couldn't give a super cool, detailed description. But he hadn't insulted her, so she probably wouldn't be too angry with him for not saying much.

"Last and probably least now! It's....Genevieve Decelle? Doesn't she work at the Ministry? This must be a mix up. BUT WE MUST OBEY THE GOBLET OF FIRE! AND I BELIEVE SHE IS STALKING THIS REAPING RIGHT NOW! SO COME OVER HERE VIVI!" Ooh, there would be two French people there! Exciting! So many twists this year!

His firewhiskey needed a refill. "Okay, I will BRB, like TOTES IN A SEC! TRIBUTES, SAY GOODBYE!" Jeremy's voice rang out around the hall as he dashed off to the kitchens again. "Thaor, take it away! I know you'll be FABULOUS!"

My Character
Activity: Slytherin - Year 3

PostSubject: Re: AU - The Hogwarts Hunger Games   Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:27 am

Maya entered the Great Hall, shocked by the turn out. She supposed it was the most exciting thing that had happened since the Triwizard tournament. It looked as if every witch and wizard in the country had showed up as the hall was full to bursting. Maya squeezed into the room and grabbed an empty seat  as she wishfully wondered why the triwizard tournament wasn't continued. At least the deaths of students weren't planned in that tournament. Bile rose in her throat at the thought of the slaughtering of students. Weren't the pure-bloods population low enough as it stood? Maya presumed that none of them would be chosen to compete, she raised her eyes to the ceiling at the unfairness of it all.

Maya didn't even have a clue what the Hunger Games actually was. She began to wish more and more that she had decided to pick up one of the most popular books between teens as maybe she would've learnt something that may have been an advantage. Maya looked up as silence descended over the crowd when the minister for magic began to speak. She sighed loudly, releasing some of her frustraion at the pompous looking man. Since when did things become so twisted? Maya began chewing her lip and looked around at the other students, their nerves becoming contagious as the tension in the room became thicker and thicker. When the first student was called out Maya groaned. "Not Aylee," she muttered. She was such a sweet girl. Maya found it harder and harder to watch as two first years were called out next. Their lack of height becoming more prominent as they stood on the stage for all to view. Maya's heart plummeted when Kynan's name was called out. Her eyes immediately rested on Aylee. Could this get any worse?
Maya tried averting  her gaze, as she felt sicker and sicker, watching the new tributes, but she didn't know if this was going to be the last time she was going to see them that she couldn't bring herself to pull her gaze off of them.

Maya remained in her seat during the interval, not having the energy to force conversation with anyone. Maya laughed at the stupidity of a student when a Slytherin volunteered herself for the games. Maya couldn't believe what she was seeing, who in their right mind would volunteer? There was no way she didn't know what it would entail as wherever Maya had went she heard snippets from excited students chattering in corridors and over meals about the Hunger Games since the tournament was announced. Even she knew the dangers of competing. The nativity and innocence of the girl was apparent and Maya didn't know whether to chide her for it or be even more upset.

Maya was too busy pitying the tributes that she hadn't even realised another name had been called out. Judging by the fact that all eyes had rested on her she guessed who it was. Maya's throat  closed over and her mouth became dry as she stumbled up to the front of the room, avoiding the gazing eyes as she tried not to trip over her robes. Was this some kind of sick dream, Maya became resigned to the idea of death as she approached the other tributes. She wasn't brave or strong or even good at magic she knew she had little hope against the other students. At least the first years looked determined and she knew Aylee had a mental edge whereas the others had advantages over Maya with their size, age, talent or strength. Maya spotted Kynan standing near his sister and her heart ached painfully, she looked away unwilling to let tears cloud her gaze and refusing to accept the reality that only one of them could survive. As Maya stood alongside the other tributes she stared into the malice faces of the crowd, who's eyes appeared alive with hunger as they eyed them as if they were animals.

Wow this was messed up, was all Maya could register.

Credit to Aylee Walters for both!

Banner::

Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin

My Character
Activity: Adult, Trainee Obliviator

PostSubject: Re: AU - The Hogwarts Hunger Games   Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:24 pm

This was just wrong. The Minister should just go put his own name in the Goblet of Fire, or whatever. Aylee folded her arms neatly and ignored the fact that an innocent Slytherin girl, about a year or two older than her, practically jumped up and volunteered. Heavens above, you're not saving anyone! This was the books, where they were reaped from different districts, not Katniss's situation where she got to save her sister from the arena by volunteering. She knew that she'd volunteer for her brother's place if she could and her brother would do the same for her. She tried taking a few deep breaths as the Minister came back and just hoped that the next tributes chosen weren't anyone she knew. It was Evan. Sure, she didn't like the guy because she sometimes got the impression that he liked her, but Aylee couldn't help but take pity of the little third year. Nobody deserved such a fate. Nobody, not even Mustachio the Mexican Unicorn that was just call- wait, a Mexican Unicorn in Hogwarts? Since when did that happen? She frowned in confusion as a Unicorn with a moustache came up on the stage. Okay... I have to kill a unicorn. Great. She waited for the next tribute that was being called. The next tribute called up was Maya.

As soon as Maya's name was called, Aylee looked at her brother and was utterly horrified. Kynan's face broke down- from a strong look, his face turned hopeless and the life drained out of his eyes. She saw her brother stare quietly as Maya came up on the stage and she could practically hear her brother's heart breaking. No matter how much Kynan denied it, she knew that he liked Maya very much. Now Kynan had to kill Maya. And Aylee knew that he'd never do that. She knew that her brother would rather die than let Maya get injured, than let Maya even get her name put in the Goblet of Fire. Oh no... don't... Kynan, don't... Aylee suddenly started praying in her mind. She immediately knew what Kynan was thinking of now. But it was too late.

OOC- This part of the post may include a few swear words, because that is what Kynan does.

As soon as Jeremy left, Kynan ran over to Maya and hugged her tightly. He didn't care what anyone thought, he wasn't letting Maya go into the Hunger Games. Not if he could help it. It was too much, his sister being put in the Games already. Now not his best friend. His heart was literally torn into two. They were going to die. Both Aylee and Maya, two of the most important people in his life. He was in danger of crying at the moment, and he hugged Maya so tight that he might have been squeezing her. But that was the point. He didn't want to let go or they would throw her in the arena. And kill her. Maya. His first friend in Hogwarts. The girl who taught him to fly. The girl he spent almost three years thinking about non-stop. The girl who was his best friend for god-knows-how-long and in his mind, always would be. Kynan buried his face in Maya's shoulder. No. No, no, no. He'd die before such fate happened to Maya. Not Maya. Not her. Anyone but her. Please.

And before he knew what he was doing, Kynan was running up to Thaorson and punching him in the face. "Fuck you!" he yelled straight in the man's face. "And fuck this stupid idea! It's bullshit, this whole fucking idea of making innocent lives kill each other! GO PUT YOURSELF IN THE ARENA YOU FUCKING IDIOT!" And then he was hitting and punching everywhere he could reach of Thaorson and screaming horrible things. His eyes were red, and tears were starting to stream down his face.

(x)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AU - The Hogwarts Hunger Games   

Back to top Go down

AU - The Hogwarts Hunger Games
Page 1 of 1