HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Voyage for Glace! EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Voyage for Glace! EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Voyage for Glace! EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Voyage for Glace! EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Voyage for Glace! EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Voyage for Glace! EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Voyage for Glace! EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Voyage for Glace! EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Voyage for Glace! EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Voyage for Glace! EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Voyage for Glace! EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Voyage for Glace! EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Voyage for Glace! EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Voyage for Glace! EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Voyage for Glace! EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Voyage for Glace!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Voyage for Glace! Empty
PostSubject: Voyage for Glace!   Voyage for Glace! EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 8:53 pm

As she had finished all her shopping in Diagon Alley, Genevieve decided to go and get ice-cream. Here, she had to admit, they did have the most spectacular ice-cream, all those different flavours and it tasted so good! Magical, in fact! Loaded with shopping bags, she STRUTTED down the street, VERY glamorous. But Genevieve Decelle was ALWAYS glamorous! She was French and beautiful and ALWAYS glamorous.

But the dilemma when the time came to purchase one of these DELICIOUS ice-creams! Which ice-cream flavour must she get? There were over one hundred flavours! How could she possibly pick? It was like being asked to pick between her two most beautiful pairs of shoes! Impossible! But she mustn't have two ice-creams or even more, in case she got fat chubby. Well, she must think logically here!

Last time, she had bought a chocolate frog flavoured ice-cream. The time before, butterbeer flavour. Nice as they truly had been, perhaps she should try new things! Two down, ninety seven left to go. The most appealing ones on the list looked like...Bertie Botts' Every Flavour Beans (because she was brave!), Blood Pop and Liquorice Wand flavour! Since she was hungry, she'd gone for some of the very sweet and different flavours. Now all she had to do was pick out of those three!

After a few minutes of pondering, Vivi had come to her conclusion. It wasn't that easy to pick out of three flavours. Oh no, what must I do?
Back to top Go down
Andre Jean-Louis Leblanc

Andre Jean-Louis Leblanc

My Character
::
Activity: Charms Professor

Voyage for Glace! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voyage for Glace!   Voyage for Glace! EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 3:52 am

Diagon Alley! It was really an amazing place! Andre had never visited the shop-lined street before. He never had any reason to, being from France. He hadn't stepped foot in England before his teaching job at Hogwarts, but as he teetered down the bustling street he was wondering how he'd lived without visiting such an interesting place! If Andre was asked to explain his favorite part of Diagon Alley, he wouldn't even know where to start.

First of all, there was the bank! Gringotts! Not only was it full of amazing caverns that Andre would give anything to explore, but it was run by GOBLINS! Real, beautiful, tiny Goblins! Of course, he may have offended them by peering down at one through his magnifying glass. "But zey are just so peculiar. I could not pass up ze chance! There were, of course, other peculiarities that Andre couldn't pass up. But the Goblins were by far the most intriguing.

He had a lot more exploring to do, but when he saw the sign for Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlor, he just couldn't pass it up. So, without a second thought, he pushed open the door and stepped inside. He walked up to the counter, next to a blonde witch, and his eyes widened as he caught sight of the multitude of flavors of ice cream that he could choose from. As he scanned them, his eyes were drawn to one in particular. WOOD!

Wood flavored ice cream! How could he get anything else?! Ah but wait! You do not know what type of wood zis ice cream is! Of course! How could he be so stupid? It could be something disgusting like spruce. Or holly. Though the coloring didn't look much like spruce. Maybe it was walnut. Well, better to check. He turned to the blonde woman beside him and politely tapped her on the shoulder. "Excusez-moi, Mademoiselle," he said. "Could I trouble you for 'alf a moment? You wouldn't 'appen to know what type of wood ze wood ice cream is, would you? Per'aps walnut? Or 'azel?"
Back to top Go down

Voyage for Glace! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voyage for Glace!   Voyage for Glace! EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 7:20 pm

Oh, a man was talking to her! Maybe he could help her decide? But no, he was asking her something instead. Genevieve was about to tell him to go away when she noticed he was FRENCH! FRENCH! And he was asking her about wood! True, she didn't know much about it, but she had an idea of the basics. Perhaps she could help him and get help in return. That would be what a nice person would do.

"I do not, Monsieur! I 'ave never tried zis wood flavour before! But by the colour! It must be...it must be walnut, as you say, surely? But, oh no! It could be cherry wood! But how will you know? What is it zat you want it to be?" It was difficult to tell. On second thought, it might be too dark for cherry wood. The only way to find out was to try it.

They clearly had things in common. They were both French, of course, and....not much else. But something! So she could probably trust him with the difficulty she was having in choosing her ice-cream flavour. "Can I 'ave a favour from you, Monsieur? I do not know which flavour it is zat I must choose! Zere is...Bertie Botts', ze Blood Pop and Liquorice Wand! Which should I choose?" He knew about wood and he was in an ice-cream parlour, so he would probably be able to advise her on ice-cream.

But wait! "I 'ave not told you my name! I am Genevieve! It is very nice to meet you, Monsieur! You must tell me ze name zat you 'ave!" That didn't sound too pushy, did it?
Back to top Go down
Andre Jean-Louis Leblanc

Andre Jean-Louis Leblanc

My Character
::
Activity: Charms Professor

Voyage for Glace! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voyage for Glace!   Voyage for Glace! EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 2:53 pm

The nice lady turned to answer him, and to Andre's extreme delight, she responded with a similar accent to him. "AHA!" he shouted happily. "Zis is a most wonderful surprise! Zis woman is French!" French like him! Andre beamed at her as she did her best to help him with his problem. Oh, that's right! He had asked her a question! He'd forgotten. But now that he thought of it, he did have a very difficult problem to deal with.

The woman said that she'd never tried the wood ice cream before. But she did offer some very helpful advice! "AH! I 'ad not considered cherry wood!" he exclaimed. "Walnut is ze best wood flavor," he told the woman matter-of-factly. "But zey are all rather good. Except for ze spruce, or ze 'olly. But zis color! Surely, it could be walnut OR 'spruce!" Oh no. With a dramatic sigh, he pulled out his magnifying glass and leaned over the counter, inspecting the ice cream. "But it seems zat I must try ze ice cream if I am ever to know. Zis is a necessary gamble." So Andre caught the attention of the store owner and ordered a large wood ice cream.

While he was waiting for his treat, the woman presented him with a dilemma of her own. She couldn't decide on her ice cream either! She had narrowed her choices down to three flavors. "Ah, zis is a difficult decision zat you must make. I will do what I can to 'elp you face zis 'ardship." Now, how to advise her... "AHA!" he exclaimed, the answer coming to him. "Zis problem is easily solved! Ze answer surely is ze bertie botts flavor! Because by making zis choice, zere is ze CHANCE zat you will also get a taste of blood pop or licorice wand in ze ice cream! Because ze bertie botts 'ave every flavor, you see?!" He was obviously a genius for coming up with such a logical answer.

Then, the woman introduced herself. Andre had almost forgotten that he didn't know her name. "But of course! 'ow rude of me to not introduce myself to zis wondeful woman who 'as 'elped me in zis ice cream parlor!" Sweeping off his beret, as he always did when introducing himself to anyone, he beamed at Genevieve. "I am Andre! I am ze Arithmancy Professor at 'ogwarts zis year!"

Voyage for Glace! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voyage for Glace!   Voyage for Glace! EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 3:20 pm

Unfortunately, he would have to try it. But that had just as big a chance of coming to something good than bad. Personally, Vivi didn't see the appeal of wood ice-cream. Wood was nice, it was good, but why would you want to eat it? Wood was for tables and chairs, not an ice-cream flavour, no? But she didn't say anything because she could have found a French friend in a world full of English people and she didn't want to sabotage that. "Good? 'ow does it taste?"

"But isn't ze Bertie Botts' ice-cream like the beans? A different flavour every time? I suppose not. Oh, I do not know!" she exclaimed dramatically. Of course, it was important to pick the right flavour, so she stood and stared at the flavour sign more. It was then that she spotted the flavour hidden in the corner of the board. It was beautiful! It was rainbow flavour! However that worked out she didn't know, but she was certain that she wanted. "Can I please 'ave ze rainbow flavour?" she ordered, beaming at the shopkeeper person.

Genevieve was impressed at that. "But Arithmancy is so 'ard! 'ow do you do it? It was always my worst subject!" she smiled. He must be clever, because numbers were difficult and awkward to deal with. "I am ze Head of International Co-operation at the Ministry! It is probably because I am French zat I 'ave ze job!" But that was fine, because she still got the job.

Since they had both ordered now, she decided it might be a good idea to go and sit down. "Must you rush away again or would you like to go over zere and sit down?" Then they could continue their conversation without potentially blocking a queue line.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Voyage for Glace! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voyage for Glace!   Voyage for Glace! Empty

Back to top Go down

Voyage for Glace!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Live the Magic! :: Great Britain :: Diagon Alley :: Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour-
Jump to: