Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
TERM 6 - A Warm Place in the Cold - Gamekeeper's Hut - Morgana Gaunt, Hunter VanDerberg EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
TERM 6 - A Warm Place in the Cold - Gamekeeper's Hut - Morgana Gaunt, Hunter VanDerberg EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
TERM 6 - A Warm Place in the Cold - Gamekeeper's Hut - Morgana Gaunt, Hunter VanDerberg EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
TERM 6 - A Warm Place in the Cold - Gamekeeper's Hut - Morgana Gaunt, Hunter VanDerberg EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
TERM 6 - A Warm Place in the Cold - Gamekeeper's Hut - Morgana Gaunt, Hunter VanDerberg EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
TERM 6 - A Warm Place in the Cold - Gamekeeper's Hut - Morgana Gaunt, Hunter VanDerberg EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
TERM 6 - A Warm Place in the Cold - Gamekeeper's Hut - Morgana Gaunt, Hunter VanDerberg EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
TERM 6 - A Warm Place in the Cold - Gamekeeper's Hut - Morgana Gaunt, Hunter VanDerberg EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
TERM 6 - A Warm Place in the Cold - Gamekeeper's Hut - Morgana Gaunt, Hunter VanDerberg EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
TERM 6 - A Warm Place in the Cold - Gamekeeper's Hut - Morgana Gaunt, Hunter VanDerberg EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
TERM 6 - A Warm Place in the Cold - Gamekeeper's Hut - Morgana Gaunt, Hunter VanDerberg EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
TERM 6 - A Warm Place in the Cold - Gamekeeper's Hut - Morgana Gaunt, Hunter VanDerberg EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
TERM 6 - A Warm Place in the Cold - Gamekeeper's Hut - Morgana Gaunt, Hunter VanDerberg EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
TERM 6 - A Warm Place in the Cold - Gamekeeper's Hut - Morgana Gaunt, Hunter VanDerberg EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
TERM 6 - A Warm Place in the Cold - Gamekeeper's Hut - Morgana Gaunt, Hunter VanDerberg EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

TERM 6 - A Warm Place in the Cold - Gamekeeper's Hut - Morgana Gaunt, Hunter VanDerberg

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character
::
Activity: Junior Undersecretary to the Minister of Magic

TERM 6 - A Warm Place in the Cold - Gamekeeper's Hut - Morgana Gaunt, Hunter VanDerberg Empty
PostSubject: TERM 6 - A Warm Place in the Cold - Gamekeeper's Hut - Morgana Gaunt, Hunter VanDerberg   TERM 6 - A Warm Place in the Cold - Gamekeeper's Hut - Morgana Gaunt, Hunter VanDerberg EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 11:46 am

Hunter VanDerberg - First Year
Morgana Gaunt - Fourth Year

Time: January, 2027

Morgana was walking around in the snow on the grounds of Hogwarts. She was breathing in the cold air slowly to try to get rid of the cold she was feeling. Her head was aching slightly and the fresh air was helping immensely, but the cold was biting. She should probably be in her dormitory now, trying to sleep, but she couldn't. The clock was six in the evening, so it wasn't weird that she couldn't simply go to sleep, but she was pretty sure that she needed it.

She sighed and looked around, packing herself into her warm coat as the wind howled at her and seemed to try to pack her in ice. She then spotted the hut. It might not be very warm in there either, but it would be a nice shelter from the wind, and there would most likely be a fireplace there. She huddled up and walked down the hill, the hut coming ever closer.

Morgana reached the door and hauled it open; it was a rather heavy door. She walked inside and looked around. No one there. Good. She walked inside, and closed the door behind her. It was cold, but much more delightful than outside. She walked over to the fireplace and got some of the logs laying beside it and put it into the hearth. She quickly cast a simple spell to check if the chimney was clogged or not. Then she pointed at the wood. "Incendio," she said and the wood instantly caught fire. She took off her gloves and leaned next to the fire, holding her hands in front of it. And it felt pretty good.

As the warmth spread, she made one of the huge chairs move towards the fire and she curled up in it, her coat removed. She looked into the fire for several minutes and didn't look up before she heard someone by the door.

This thread is closed to Hunter VanDerberg
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character
Activity: Trainee Auror

TERM 6 - A Warm Place in the Cold - Gamekeeper's Hut - Morgana Gaunt, Hunter VanDerberg Empty
PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - A Warm Place in the Cold - Gamekeeper's Hut - Morgana Gaunt, Hunter VanDerberg   TERM 6 - A Warm Place in the Cold - Gamekeeper's Hut - Morgana Gaunt, Hunter VanDerberg EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 2:47 am

Finally! Hunter had been dying to get outside. He'd had classes all day, and was glad for the chance to escape the castle for a bit. So, after dinner, he dawned his coat and boots and let himself out through the oversized doors of the entrance hall. The moment he came in contact with the outside air, the first thought that ran through his mind was, Wow, it's cold! And not just a little cold. It was biting cold. Cold even for Hunter, who was eleven years old and loved to play in the snow any chance he got.

But he didn't want to go back inside. He'd already ran all the way up to the Gryffindor common room for his coat and back down again. He didn't make that trip (and deal with all the stupid moving staircases) for nothing! I'll just go for a quick walk, he reasoned, pulling his coat more tightly around him and heading in the direction of the covered bridge. He ducked his head to protect his face from the wind and snow and moved off at a brisk walk.

Surely Hunter was the only person in the entire school crazy enough to go outside in such weather - which was why he was so intrigued when he noticed a set of footprints in the snow that definitely weren't his own. And they had to be fresh, because the heavy snow-fall would cover them in minutes. It was probably stupid of him to follow them - who knew who they belonged to or where they were going - but his curiosity always seemed to get the better of them. The tracks made their way across the grounds and ended, interestingly enough, at that circular hut on the grounds that he'd always thought was abandoned.

Well, I've come this far, he thought, approaching the door to the hut. The windows were illuminated with a dull light - maybe from a fireplace? Another gust of wind hit him and just the thought of fire was enough to make him try the handle and let himself inside. And he was right! It was a fireplace! And a girl with dark hair. She looked older than him, and was curled up in an armchair by the fire. She looked up when he entered. He hesitated for only a moment before moving further into the room.

"Oh, hello!" he said, his voice friendly but cautious. "I didn't mean to bug you. I didn't know anyone came in here, and when I saw the footprints... erm... well I was just curious." He couldn't resist getting close to the fire after being outside in the cold, and ended up standing by the girl with his hands out toward the fireplace as a result. "And it's a little cold outside," he said, though it was the understatement of the century considering it was beyond freezing outside. "Oh, I'm Hunter by the way! I'm a first year!"
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - A Warm Place in the Cold - Gamekeeper's Hut - Morgana Gaunt, Hunter VanDerberg   TERM 6 - A Warm Place in the Cold - Gamekeeper's Hut - Morgana Gaunt, Hunter VanDerberg EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 11:18 pm

Morgana looked up as the first year entered. Clearly a Gryffindor. His voice was rather friendly, but she noticed the caution in it. She didn't say anything when he walked in, explaining that he didn't mean to bug her, and she didn't stop him from warming his fingers. Morgana might be a lot of things to others, but throwing people out into the cold wasn't one of the things she did. Not normally, at least. This was just another first year who didn't know the first thing about Morgana.

"Yes, thanks for stating the obvious," she said. Her tone wasn't unfriendly or annoyed, it was just a dead monotone. "I'm Morgana Gaunt," she added, "Fourth year." She looked up at him from where she was seated, her eyes scanning him. He seemed pretty normal. A bit too perky for Morgana, but she wasn't about to throw him into the cold again. Well, maybe this was an opportunity to simply talk to someone? Or maybe he wouldn't mind sitting calmly in this hut, not talking all that much? Or maybe he'd just ramble, and let her listen without having to actually pay attention? She shook her head. Yeah, not gonna happen.

"So, first year? Have you made your mind up about Hogwarts then? Have you grown up with magic, or is this all new to you?" she asked calmly.
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - A Warm Place in the Cold - Gamekeeper's Hut - Morgana Gaunt, Hunter VanDerberg   TERM 6 - A Warm Place in the Cold - Gamekeeper's Hut - Morgana Gaunt, Hunter VanDerberg EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 5:30 am

Well, okay, the girl didn't exactly sound like the friendliest person in the world. But then again, she hadn't attacked him on sight like Jen would have, so she couldn't be all that bad. She seemed a bit sarcastic and very bored, based on the tone of her voice. Hunter wondered for a moment what it would be like to be so bored that even your voice stopped being exciting. It must be excruciating. Painful, even! So it was obviously a good thing he'd shown up. Otherwise the girl might have died of boredom otherwise in this hut, and the snow would have covered her tracks. And then who would have found her? Nobody.

Her name was Morgana. "A fourth year?" he said curiously, looking at the girl in interest like he'd never seen anything like her before. "I haven't met a fourth year yet! Well, I don't think I've met any second years either, but fourth years are way cooler. Obviously. Because you can probably do all kinds of magic!" She probably even started the fire with magic. He could light a candle, sure, but that was about it. And that was only if his aim was impeccable that day.

Standing in front of the fire, the cold was all but gone now from Hunter's skin. Then, Morgana was asking him how he felt about Hogwarts. "Oh, it's great here!" he said enthusiastically. "I never knew anything about magic until I came here. It took me a long time to get used to it - it's really different than back home." Actually, that was an understatement. But it didn't matter. "I've already almost gotten eaten by plenty of things, like staircases and a plant!" Hunter said this brightly, as though his not-so near-death experiences had been a brilliant experience.

"What house are you in?" he asked the girl curiously. He was pretty sure he remembered seeing her at the Defense Against the Dark Arts party, but he didn't know which house she belonged to. "I'm in Gryffindor," he informed her, beaming. While waiting for the girl's response, he lowered himself to sit cross-legged on the floor in front of the fire.
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - A Warm Place in the Cold - Gamekeeper's Hut - Morgana Gaunt, Hunter VanDerberg   TERM 6 - A Warm Place in the Cold - Gamekeeper's Hut - Morgana Gaunt, Hunter VanDerberg EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 1:01 pm

Morgana saw the way his eyes changed when she said she was a fourth year. A few seconds later, he said that it was cool, and that they probably knew all sorts of spells. Well, if he was interested in spells, he had certainly met the right person. Morgana was very good with spells, and knew a lot more of them than normal fourth years did. She had probably already learned most of the fifth year spells, and she knew some of the sixth year spells as well. When you had all the time in the world, nothing really stopped you from practicing. She didn't reply to his small outburst, but she gave him a shrug, showing she had heard him.

She gave a nod when he explained his situation. Muggle born. Well, Morgana was probably one of the people that should hate him for it, but she honestly didn't care. Who cared what Salazar Slytherin said? He was a man who lived a 1000 years back, not to mention he was probably persecuted by muggles. Of course he'd hate muggleborns. But there was no reason for Morgana to do so. The world moved on, so therefore, so should humans. "I see. Is everyone in your family muggles then?" she asked, just for conversation. She then raised an eyebrow. "Eaten by one of the steps?" she asked, and then remembered the step where people sank through.

"Slytherin," she stated shortly, and then turned to watch the fire again.
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - A Warm Place in the Cold - Gamekeeper's Hut - Morgana Gaunt, Hunter VanDerberg   TERM 6 - A Warm Place in the Cold - Gamekeeper's Hut - Morgana Gaunt, Hunter VanDerberg EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 3:05 am

"Yep!" Hunter said brightly when the girl asked if everyone in his family were muggles. "Every last one, except for me, of course." He grinned thinking of his family - they'd been so amazed when they found out Hunter was a wizard. "They didn't even believe it at first, when I got my letter. It wasn't until we went to Diagon Alley for my school things that they actually took it seriously... actually, I didn't think it was real until then, either." But after seeing Diagon Alley, who could deny the reality of the wizarding world?

Morgana questioned his cannibal stair situation, so he decided to clarify. "Yes!" he said a bit dramatically. "I was just trying to get back to the common room, and then all of a sudden the stair sucked me right into it! I was doomed, but thankfully Ryland rescued me," he added, though he wasn't sure if Morgana knew Ryland or not. Probably, since they were both old.

Hunter waited patiently for Morgana to divulge her house. He tilted his head in interest when she said Slytherin. "Slytherin," he repeated curiously. He instantly felt a bit cautious when he learned her house. "You're not like Jen, are you?" he asked a bit warily, though it was pretty clear that this girl wasn't much like Jen. "Though, I suppose Jen would've jinxed me already and then told me to go jump off a cliff. D'you know she got me an empty box for Christmas? A box with nothing in it!" But Morgana didn't seem like she was even considering jinxing him, which was good.
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - A Warm Place in the Cold - Gamekeeper's Hut - Morgana Gaunt, Hunter VanDerberg   TERM 6 - A Warm Place in the Cold - Gamekeeper's Hut - Morgana Gaunt, Hunter VanDerberg EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 9:05 pm

Morgana wondered why he was so happy about it? Did he like to be the exception to his family? Was it all about attention? Had he had too little of that as a child? Or did he simply not like his siblings? Wasn't it normal to want your siblings to be around you? Or had Morgana been mistaken about that? Either way, Morgana might be completely wrong; Hunter might simply state a fact and be jolly about it without there being a reason for it. "I see. I suppose it's difficult to deny magic when you've entered Diagon Alley," she said with a slight shrug.

She listened to him tell the story of the staircase with a very dramatic voice. She found that she didn't mind listening to him, even though his voice was so dramatic it would most often be a nuisance to her. Maybe she needed to listen to someone talk for a change? She didn't react as Hunter mentioned Ryland; she wasn't at all surprised that it had been him that helped Hunter out of the pinch. "Sounds exhilarating," she said, not knowing if she meant it or if she was completely indifferent.

She noticed his interest spiked as she said she was in Slytherin. He repeated the house name and she raised an eyebrow as he asked her if she was at all like Jen. Morgana didn't know Jennifer Moss, but she had seen the girl around. And Morgana didn't like her at all. She seemed obnoxiously fond of herself and so extremely high on her nonexistent popularity. But she looked up into Hunter's eyes at his question, knowing they were as icy as the snow outside.

"I am not at all like Jen. First of all, I'm not deluded in my own appearance. Second of all, I wouldn't jinx you if I were to cast a spell on you, I would curse you. Thirdly, I don't see the point on using energy on people I don't care about," she said icily. After this, she looked back into the fires and sat in silence, knowing he'd be the one to break the silence first.
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - A Warm Place in the Cold - Gamekeeper's Hut - Morgana Gaunt, Hunter VanDerberg   TERM 6 - A Warm Place in the Cold - Gamekeeper's Hut - Morgana Gaunt, Hunter VanDerberg EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 1:58 am

"That's for sure," Hunter agreed when Morgana said that one couldn't ignore magic after visiting such an awesome place. Well, she hadn't said it like that. The girl didn't say much at all, actually. But that was alright. Hunter talked plenty for the both of them. "My little sisters - they're twins - were completely beside themselves when they saw it. They spent the whole day looking at all the magical animals. They're vegetarians," he said a bit disdainfully. Why would anyone want to be a vegetarian? His sisters were weird.

Hunter sighed a bit at her lackluster response to his absolutely epic story. After he'd asked her if she was like Jen, he was about to think of another even more epic one to tell her, just to see if he got a better response. But he didn't get a chance, because her demeanor changed a bit when she responded to his question. Hunter fell silent as she met his eyes and went on coldly about how she was nothing like Jen and how she'd curse him, not jinx him and stuff.

Hunter remained quiet for a few moments, allowing the fact that this Morgana girl was actually rather intimidating to wear off a bit before speaking again. "But you haven't cursed me," he pointed out slowly. "So you must be nice! Even if you are a bit scary." Was that not a nice thing to say to someone? To tell them they're scary?

Another small awkward silence passed before Hunter piped in with another question. "So, do you like being in Slytherin, then? Do you know Lucy?" Hunter had almost forgotten that he had in fact met a nice Slytherin recently - Lucy Malfoy! She was so nice that Hunter had thought she was a Hufflepuff when she had asked him to guess what house she was in.
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - A Warm Place in the Cold - Gamekeeper's Hut - Morgana Gaunt, Hunter VanDerberg   TERM 6 - A Warm Place in the Cold - Gamekeeper's Hut - Morgana Gaunt, Hunter VanDerberg EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 11:06 pm

Morgana listened to him talk about his little sister. She had never thought about having brothers and sisters. She wondered if it was nice, but soon cast the thought aside. She didn't blink as he said they were vegetarians. Honestly, why would anyone be vegetarians? It wasn't like they'd ever stop killing animals. It was second nature to humans. How they survived in the old age. And instincts doesn't die. "What magical animals do you find in Diagon Alley?" she then asked. Weren't there only rats, toads, cats, owls?

Morgana didn't say anything as she could see him grow skeptical. First years, always too easy to intimidate. Had none of them any backbone? As he pointed out that she hadn't cursed him, she raised an eyebrow; did he want her to curse him? Honestly, talk about threading on thin ice. She didn't comment on his outburst of her being nice. She might be indifferent, but nice… She'd never been called that before. This guy clearly wasn't very perceptive. Then again, he was only a first year.

"I haven't cursed you, because up until now you have yet to annoy me," she said calmly, watching the flames dance around the wood. She didn't mind being called scary. To her, it meant that she had the upper hand. Of course, once again, he was a first year. He didn't really stand a chance against her. At least he wasn't stupid enough to think he might be able to defeat her.

Morgana sat completely still as he asked her if she liked being in Slytherin. "I don't mind being in Slytherin, but I didn't have much say in the matter," she said softly, thinking of her lineage. She looked up at him when he mentioned Lucy, this time her eyes being duller than last time. "Yes, I know Lucy. She's a … friend of mine," she said, not knowing what else to call Lucy, even though Morgana didn't really call anyone her friends. "How do you know her? Also, what's it like being a Gryffindor?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - A Warm Place in the Cold - Gamekeeper's Hut - Morgana Gaunt, Hunter VanDerberg   TERM 6 - A Warm Place in the Cold - Gamekeeper's Hut - Morgana Gaunt, Hunter VanDerberg EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 7:04 pm

Okay so Morgana didn't have an opinion on vegetarians. But Hunter did, so he voiced his. "I think it's stupid to be a vegetarian." Because it was a stupid thing to do. Who thought it was a good idea to stop eating meat? Stupid people, that was who. "There isn't much that could make me give up bacon," Hunter added. Then Morgana was asking about the animals in Diagon Alley. "Well, most of them are just normal, like the owls. But they have these rats that dance, and this one cat that changes color. Stupid, really, but a bit entertaining."

She hadn't cursed him because he hadn't annoyed her. "Oh," he said, frowning slightly as he tried to work out what that actually meant. In the end, Hunter decided that it must be some sort of compliment, so he put a smile back on his face and said, "Thanks!" After all, managing to not annoy a scary older Slytherin girl was an accomplishment for a first year, wasn't it?

So Morgana did know Lucy! And she was friends with her! "Oh, then you definitely aren't a bad Slytherin if you're friends with Lucy. I met her in the middle courtyard not that long ago after dinner! She was really nice." Nicest Slytherin ever! "Gryffindor's great!" he said enthusiastically. "So far I really like it! Everyone's really nice! I'm pretty much the worst at magic out of my whole year, though." Hunter added the last bit in cheerily, because being muggleborn, doing well at magic just didn't seem that important to him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - A Warm Place in the Cold - Gamekeeper's Hut - Morgana Gaunt, Hunter VanDerberg   TERM 6 - A Warm Place in the Cold - Gamekeeper's Hut - Morgana Gaunt, Hunter VanDerberg Empty

Back to top Go down

TERM 6 - A Warm Place in the Cold - Gamekeeper's Hut - Morgana Gaunt, Hunter VanDerberg
Page 1 of 1