Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
A Moment of Bravery (David+Open) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
A Moment of Bravery (David+Open) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
A Moment of Bravery (David+Open) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
A Moment of Bravery (David+Open) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
A Moment of Bravery (David+Open) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
A Moment of Bravery (David+Open) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
A Moment of Bravery (David+Open) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
A Moment of Bravery (David+Open) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
A Moment of Bravery (David+Open) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
A Moment of Bravery (David+Open) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
A Moment of Bravery (David+Open) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
A Moment of Bravery (David+Open) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
A Moment of Bravery (David+Open) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
A Moment of Bravery (David+Open) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
A Moment of Bravery (David+Open) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

A Moment of Bravery (David+Open)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character
::
Activity: Gryffindor Alumni, Owner of Glass House, Care of Magical Creatures Professor

A Moment of Bravery (David+Open) Empty
PostSubject: A Moment of Bravery (David+Open)   A Moment of Bravery (David+Open) EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 3:16 am

The day was fine; cold, but not enough to make him want to stay inside. Ryland had never been one to venture into lake as he preferred to stay dry and healthy. Sure, he was a Gryffindor but he was more the kind that wanted to experience life while staying away from water as much as possible. He walked down from the Gryffindor Tower and towards the Lake; this was his sister's favorite place and it seemed silly to be here without her. His green eyes scanned the place for any known students, classmates.

Well, I'm alone. Though he did recognize some people, they were only ones he had never spoken to. He wondered if it would be wise to go up to them and introduce himself as the boy who was in most of their classes...but quickly decided against it as it was a terrible idea. Instead, his feet dragged him to the edge of the lake, where the water was only inches away from touching his shoes. They weren't his favorite ones, so getting them wet wouldn't be too bad, but it was the thought of dying that scared him. In any second, he could trip and fall into the lake. He could easily drown due to his lack of swimming skills.

Lost in thoughts, he looked up as the cold air touched his face, making his breath come out in a smoke-like way as he sighed. He was thinking too much already.

(This thread is open to David Shuter, and anyone else who wishes to join)
Back to top Go down
David Shuter

David Shuter

My Character
Activity: Adult, Auror

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of Bravery (David+Open)   A Moment of Bravery (David+Open) EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 3:22 am

David had decided to go for a swim, he hadn't swam since he had left Canada and thought it high time he did. he changed into his swim trunks back in his dorm, grabbed a school towel, and headed for the lake, once there, he pulled off his shirt. he was fit, but not to muscular, but definately had potential for it in the future. he then dived into the lake. he swam under the water for a few strokes then came up for air, treading water. he saw a fellow Gryffindor on shore and waved at him.
Back to top Go down
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor Alumni, Owner of Glass House, Care of Magical Creatures Professor

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of Bravery (David+Open)   A Moment of Bravery (David+Open) EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 3:36 am

Ryland was too lost in his thoughts that he'd forgotten about the world for a second, that is, until he heard someone jump into the water. What the hell? Are students even allowed to swim in the lake? His thoughts raced, going back to many Care of Magical Creatures lessons in which they had learned about what lived in the lake. Merpeople, mostly. Knowing how fierce they were, Ryland worried about who it had been that had enough bravery to jump into such a place. Soon enough, he realized it was a boy he'd seen in the Common Room. As the boy waved at him, Ryland waved back with a small smile. "Aren't you cold?" he yelled loud enough for him to hear.
Back to top Go down
David Shuter

David Shuter

My Character

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of Bravery (David+Open)   A Moment of Bravery (David+Open) EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 10:00 pm

"I'm Canadian!" he yelled back, like it was enough answer in itself, but swam back to shore and climbed out, walking over to the Gryffindor. "so, just enjoying the view?" he asked with a smirk, flexing his small muscles jokingly.
Back to top Go down
Thaorson Kam Elddirs

My Character
Activity: Adult, Wizengamot Member, Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of Bravery (David+Open)   A Moment of Bravery (David+Open) EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 12:24 am

Thaor had been tired of being locked away in his classroom and decided to take a stroll through the grounds. He dawned his blood red traveling cloak as it was rather cold outside, placed his wand in the hidden pocket in his sleeve, and set off towards the lake, he decided to visit Dumbledore's tomb.

As he approached the lake he noticed a young Gryffindor jump into the lake, then get out. Students aren't allowed in the lake. he thought to himself with a frown.

Students are not permitted to swim in the lake. You could be severely injured by the many creatures in there. he said with a frown to the young Gryffindor.

Whats your name? he asked.
Back to top Go down
http://www.z13.invisionfree.com/durmstrangv4
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of Bravery (David+Open)   A Moment of Bravery (David+Open) EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 1:07 am

"And being Canadian gives you inhuman resistance to cold?" Ryland asked somewhat sarcastically. He wasn't sure if this boy was plain stupid, or just incredibly brave. Either way, he could have been attacked. "Not exactly. You interrupted the view." He pointed towards the lake, the seemingly neverending lake, and smiled.

Suddenly, Professor Elldir was coming over to them and telling the boy about the rules. Ryland disliked this man even more now; sure, the boy had made a mistake...but why couldn't the students get away with something for a change. He listened as the man asked for the boy's name, probably ignoring Ryland or simply not noticing him.
Back to top Go down
David Shuter

David Shuter

My Character

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of Bravery (David+Open)   A Moment of Bravery (David+Open) EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 3:27 am

David frown at the Professor "the school wouldn't happen to have a pool then would it? I love to swim see. And David. David Shuter." Its a free country isn't it? as long as I stay near shore, nothing would actually attack me he added in his head, he did not want to push the professor any further. he smirked at Ryland "not inhuman resistance, but this is just nippy for me, below -10 is cold."
Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor - Year 7, Head Girl

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of Bravery (David+Open)   A Moment of Bravery (David+Open) EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 6:11 pm

Aoife, once again, was down by the lake. Not deliberately trying to break rules, just because it was a beautiful sight, sitting under that big tree and looking over the sparkly water. Ugh, that sounded stupid and soppy. But the point was, it was cool and a good place to sit and stuff your face with sweet.

The girl had been sitting there for a while, eating a licorice wand, when all that action started. First, Ry-whatchamacallit. Then a boy she didn't know. First or second year, maybe? And he was swimming. Yes, SWIMMING. Wasn't that against some sort of rule? Then Ry (that was the easiest thing to call him) and then PROFESSOR ELLDIR TURNED UP. That was the best part by far.

Since she couldn't really hear much of what was being said, Aoife smirked and got up, making her way towards the scene. That was some idiotic Gryffindor for sure. She stood a few yards away from them, watching silently. They'd probably notice her but for now she was just enjoying what was happening. It was unfair for the stupid Gryffindor, though. Elldir was mean, but it was sort of entertaining.
Back to top Go down
Thaorson Kam Elddirs

My Character

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of Bravery (David+Open)   A Moment of Bravery (David+Open) EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 5:18 am

Thaor turned to Ryland and smiled. Ah, Mr. Malfoy, I hadn't noticed you there, how are you today? he asked.

He turned back to David. Ten points from Gryffindor Mr. Shuter, you'll do well to avoid swimming in the black lake, there are things in there that would kill you in the blink of an eye.

Thaor noticed Aoife out of the corner of his eye. Ms. O'Donnald, I trust you've found someone to invite to the dinner party? he asked with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of Bravery (David+Open)   A Moment of Bravery (David+Open) EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 5:42 am

Ryland was taken back when the Professor addressed him. "Um. I'm fine, I suppose?" The annoying part was that it sounded like a question more than a statement. If he was going to pull a lie on his professor, he'd have to hide his guilt better. Or maybe he could simply confess...

Gryffindor had lost points because of this boy, great. Now he really had to confess so he wouldn't get in trouble. Ryland figured that if he had stopped David from swimming, he might have earned some points, but he sadly had not thought about it.

Turning to Aoife as Professor Elldir brought her up, as he hadn't noticed her until then, Ryland frowned. Why was she always around? Didn't she have a life?

Last edited by Ryland M. Malfoy on Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:54 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : CORRECTING THE TERRIBLE NICKNAME ELLA CREATED.)
Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of Bravery (David+Open)   A Moment of Bravery (David+Open) EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 8:51 am

[/b]"Oh...um...yes, Hunter,[/b] Aoife stammered. Maybe he was still in that scary good mood. Or more likely, the imperius curse by the way he was smiling. He had taken points off Gryffindor, though, so maybe not. Which sucked. Elldir would probably have taken points away if David had been eaten by the squid.

Then Bill, uh, Ry, sorry, was staring at her again. And frowning. Meanie poo. So Aoife stuck her tongue out at that stupid know-it-all, lovestruck boy. Take that Bill. Point to Team Aoife.
Back to top Go down
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of Bravery (David+Open)   A Moment of Bravery (David+Open) EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 6:23 pm

"Someone's willing to go with you?" Ryland spat. This little annoying girl was always getting on his nerves. The fact that he was trying to be nice and she appeared everywhere he went was maddening. Whatever she had against him, he was trying to keep up. If she hated him he was okay with it; the feeling was mutual. "He must be deaf. You know, trying to put up with your little-girl voice...that's a skill."
Back to top Go down
Thaorson Kam Elddirs

My Character

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of Bravery (David+Open)   A Moment of Bravery (David+Open) EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 7:51 pm

Thaor had to hide the grin on his face as Ryland spoke to Aoife. How on earth did you end up in Gryffindor Mr. Malfoy? Thaor said with a smile. You'd have done well in Slytherin

Thaor turned to Aoife, Very good Ms. O'Donnel he said. He really didn't care, but decided to be nice and ask.
Back to top Go down
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of Bravery (David+Open)   A Moment of Bravery (David+Open) EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 8:35 pm

Oh no. Ryland contemplated what to answer. He couldn't say the real reason why he wasn't accepted in Slytherin, but he couldn't do it in front of everyone. "Um. Professor, I'd like to speak to you sometime later...when you're free."
Back to top Go down
David Shuter

David Shuter

My Character

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of Bravery (David+Open)   A Moment of Bravery (David+Open) EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 10:25 pm

"leave her alone, Malfoy" David said angerly. the Malfoy kid seemed nice at first, but now he was getting on his nerves. and that Professor, Encouraging him. dispite his anger at the professor, he did not comment on this, since he had already lost Gryffindor points, he just glared at him.
Back to top Go down
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of Bravery (David+Open)   A Moment of Bravery (David+Open) EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 10:35 pm

"I'll leave her alone when she stops being annoying." Ryland hissed at the boy. He had barely met him, just a few minutes ago, and was already thinking of ways to not see him again. David had practically hit on him! Ryland wasn't into that, and he didn't know how to react to such a thing but he had let it go as a simple mistake made by the young boy.
Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of Bravery (David+Open)   A Moment of Bravery (David+Open) EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 10:41 pm

That was SO mean. Elldir was right. He should have been in Slytherin. Meanie. WHY was Aylee in love with this dude? Aoife smiled at David gratefully. Not that she needed him to stand up for her.

She was resisting the urge to SPIT at Malfoy and telling him to go die. Instead, Aoife settled for narrowing her eyes and shooting dark glares at him. "I feel SO sorry for poor Aylee, always having to put up with YOU," she retorted. Maybe not her best comeback, but she'd had worse. "But, actually, it's okay. Because she couldn't POSSIBLY like YOU."
Back to top Go down
David Shuter

David Shuter

My Character

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of Bravery (David+Open)   A Moment of Bravery (David+Open) EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 10:45 pm

"she is 11 years old give her a chance" he growled. he wasn't going to take this crap from him. sure, this guy was a fellow Gryffindor, but he was a bully, and David had had his fair share of those. he had also had his fair share of annoying 11 year old girl when he had taught Martial arts, but she was a fellow first year and he was going to stick up for her "I'm sure you were annoying when you were 11." still are in fact
Back to top Go down
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of Bravery (David+Open)   A Moment of Bravery (David+Open) EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 10:53 pm

"I actually wasn't." Ryland smirked in a way he had only seen Wade do. The strange this was that he felt different, as if he was suddenly acting as someone else. Not like with the Imperius Curse last year, this time it was as if this new attitude was coming from within him. "I was always more of the...what do you call it? Exemplary child." Ryland smiled, not even bothering that it had been a lie.

He then turned to Aoife. "Aylee's amazing, sure, but even she can make mistakes." That wasn't exactly a lie. Aylee probably had her share of mistakes, one of them being friends with Aoife.

Last edited by Ryland M. Malfoy on Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Missed Aoife's post earlier :()
Back to top Go down
Thaorson Kam Elddirs

My Character

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of Bravery (David+Open)   A Moment of Bravery (David+Open) EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 10:59 pm

Thaor watched the conversation between the three Gryffindor's for a bit then decided to remind them he was right there listening.

Mr Malfoy, you may come to my office and chat with me right after the FOUR of us go to Professor Henley's office. he said with a wry smile. Lets go. he added, motioning to the castle.
Back to top Go down
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of Bravery (David+Open)   A Moment of Bravery (David+Open) EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 11:04 pm

Not stopping to hear or see either David or Aoife anymore, Ryland followed the professor. He wondered if he had gone too far and was now in trouble, though he was technically only defending himself. Sort of.
Back to top Go down
David Shuter

David Shuter

My Character

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of Bravery (David+Open)   A Moment of Bravery (David+Open) EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 11:09 pm

David shot a look of disgust at Malfoy, then looked at the Professor in shock "what is wrong with friendly arguement?" he asked. he would happily go, but Aofie shouldn't have to go "what did the girl do anyway? stick up for herself? is that against the rules?" he wasn't being mocking, he was being serious. there were too many stupid rules here anyway.
Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of Bravery (David+Open)   A Moment of Bravery (David+Open) EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 11:12 pm

Aoife was certain she'd cry if she said anymore to anyone, so she just followed the professor. She hadn't yet met Professor Henley and didn't know how strict she was, but the Irish girl hoped she wouldn't get into trouble since she was pretty sure she hadn't done anything bad except defending herself. All she wanted to do now was get in her bed in the dormitory and cry.
Back to top Go down
Thaorson Kam Elddirs

My Character

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of Bravery (David+Open)   A Moment of Bravery (David+Open) EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 11:32 pm

Thaor glared at David as he spoke. Ten points from Gryffindor for not knowing when to keep your mouth shut. he said, still glaring at David. If you must know, Ms. O'Donnel is coming with us because obviously there is something going on between Mr. Malfoy and her that needs to be sorted out so things like this don't happen again, if I weren't here who is to say that a duel wouldn't have started right here. he said, before turning to head up to the castle.

Back to top Go down
Thaorson Kam Elddirs

My Character

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of Bravery (David+Open)   A Moment of Bravery (David+Open) EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 11:42 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Moment of Bravery (David+Open)   A Moment of Bravery (David+Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

A Moment of Bravery (David+Open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next