Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Sundown [Closed] EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Sundown [Closed] EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Sundown [Closed] EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Sundown [Closed] EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Sundown [Closed] EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Sundown [Closed] EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Sundown [Closed] EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Sundown [Closed] EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Sundown [Closed] EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Sundown [Closed] EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Sundown [Closed] EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Sundown [Closed] EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Sundown [Closed] EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Sundown [Closed] EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Sundown [Closed] EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Sundown [Closed]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lucia Henley

Lucia Henley

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Potions Professor

Sundown [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Sundown [Closed]   Sundown [Closed] EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 12:26 am

Lucia was lying on her bed in her personal chambers and looked around at the empty walls. She hadn't put anything up on them yet, not even after two years, but she just couldn't make her mind up for what she wanted to do with the nakedness of the walls. Maybe she ought to put up something Gryffindor-ish, being her old house and now the house she was Head of. She smiled at the thought. It had been a privilege to actually get that slot. She hadn't expected it when she applied, but she was very happy about it.

Suddenly, her body gave a shudder and she sighed; she was so restless. She rose from the bed and walked over to her door, grabbing a long and comfy sweater. One of the best things about being a professor at Hogwarts was that she could walk around wherever she wanted, whenever she wanted. It wasn't that long ago that she hadn't been able to do that. She found it extremely nice to be able to walk just the way she wanted to go. And now, she found herself on the path to leave the castle.

She exited the massive stone building and walked around on the grounds suddenly finding herself near the suspension bridge. She smiled, remembering how much she had been hanging there with her friends. The thought also made the happiness turn bittersweet; her friends were either infected, dead or just didn't have contact with her anymore. She had tried really hard, but those that were up and about didn't seem interested in keeping in touch anymore.

She walked to the middle of the bridge and looked at the view. The sun was setting and the sky was painted red. The wind blew her hair softly back and she closed her eyes, feeling completely at peace. She listened to every sound the nature had to offer, and she opened her eyes again, looking at the beautiful sight before her. Sundowns were her favorites. But only because she wasn't capable of waking up early enough to see the sunrise… She smiled to herself at that thought.

This thread is closed to Grace Eversteen
Back to top Go down

Sundown [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sundown [Closed]   Sundown [Closed] EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 5:42 am

Grace had been flying around on her broom, it was her favourite way to clear her head when she needed to think. Up in the sky, so free. She spotted a woman about her age on the suspension bridge that seemed, to her best guess, admiring the sunset. She smiled softly and landed near the bridge, slowly she walked over to her. "Hello." She said warmly. "Sorry if I'm interrupting you, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Professor Grace Eversteen, I teach flying and I'm head of Hufflepuff house. Who are you?"

There weren't too many adults around her age at the school so she knew this woman must be staff of some kind, though she didn't know of what kind. Was she a professor? The librarian? Grounds keeper maybe?
Back to top Go down
Lucia Henley

Lucia Henley

My Character

Sundown [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sundown [Closed]   Sundown [Closed] EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 4:27 pm

Lucia looked up as she heard something not too far from her, and saw a broom with a person on. She could tell that it was a woman, but not much more. She watched as the broom dived down to the ground and the woman stepped off. Lucia gave a smile as she noticed the woman's age, realizing it would most likely be someone on the staff. Lucia had at least not been noted about anyone visiting Hogwarts.

"Hello to you too," she said pleasantly. "I'm Lucia Henley, professor of potions and Head of Gryffindor," she introduced, stretching out a hand to greet properly. "It's nice to meet you, I knew about the new professors arriving, but I haven't met all of them. Any of them, actually," Lucia said, a slight frown on her forehead; she really ought to go around talking more to people.
Back to top Go down

Sundown [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sundown [Closed]   Sundown [Closed] EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 11:43 pm

Grace smiled warmly to Lucia. "Nice to meet you. The only other professor I've met so far is Thaorson Elldir who's teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts." Grace tilted her head to the frown but quickly understood as Lucia mentioned that she hadn't met any of the new professors except herself.

She sighed happily looking out over the sunset scene. "I truly love this place, I'm so happy I got to return as a professor."
Back to top Go down
Lucia Henley

Lucia Henley

My Character

Sundown [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sundown [Closed]   Sundown [Closed] EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 1:04 am

Lucia smiled. "I guess the days are much more hectic than I presumed originally. I've been working here for over two years, but still, there's so many I have yet to meet. Of course that might be due to the fact that some people have just gotten jobs," she added, shaking her head; this was what they were talking about! Sometimes Lucia could be a bit slow.

"I haven't met him, but I've heard rumors that he's a pretty strict guy. What did you think, so I've got something more credible than students' gossip?" she joked lightly. She wasn't sure if she liked the man or not as, based on the rumors, he seemed pretty hung up on blood purity. Of course, that might be a flaw, but it might simply be something he grew up with and just haven't been able to shake. It didn't necessarily mean he would base the grades on students' bloodline.

Lucia smiled softly and turned to look at the sundown as well. "I know the feeling," she said, thinking back to the time when she received the news that she had become the Herbology professor two years ago. "I don't think I've had such a good day in my life as the one I had when I walked in through those gates and knowing I'd be teaching the students something," she said, pointing to the gates they could barely see in the distance.
Back to top Go down

Sundown [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sundown [Closed]   Sundown [Closed] EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 2:44 am

Grace smiled at Lucia. "They certainly are, I only really teach first years, but I also have to maintain the Quidditch pitch and oversee the Quidditch games."

She laughed brightly when Lucia asked about Thaor. "He's actually very sweet and friendly. He's only strict in his class because he has to be, he's teaching a very dangerous subject that all students should really be paying attention in."

Grace smiled again happily as Lucia mentioned it being the best day of her life finding out she'd be teaching at Hogwarts. "I couldn't agree more, it was a fantastic day and it feels like I'm getting a second chance. I won't deny using the resources available to professors to study up more, like I should have when I was a student here. I care about all the students though, not just the ones I'm teaching nor just the ones in my house, though they have priority of course."
Back to top Go down
Lucia Henley

Lucia Henley

My Character

Sundown [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sundown [Closed]   Sundown [Closed] EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 1:07 am

Lucia grinned. "I suspect that's a brilliant job. I myself love quidditch, but I've never been any good at playing it myself," she said lightly, remembering the time she had first ridden a broom. It hadn't been pretty…

She nodded at Grace's statement about Thaor. It was very true that the subject he taught was immensely important, and even more so that the students realized just how important it was. "You're right. I need to meet him myself. I should really get around to meeting everyone that's new here this year. They all seem so friendly and passionate about their work," she said softly.

Lucia smiled. She felt like Grace was a person who really appreciated what happened in the moment and managed to cherish it. She was already glad to have met the flying instructor. She gave a short laugh and nodded. "I know, right? It's a brilliant thing, being able to find out a few things that I could've already known if I had been paying enough attention! And I completely agree. My attention, however, cannot reach every single student here, though. I think I'd die… But I do love them all, and I want to make sure that I somehow play a part in their school year. In a nice way," Lucia said softly.

"What made you apply for flying, by the way?" she asked curiously, wondering if Grace had much experience in the field.
Back to top Go down

Sundown [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sundown [Closed]   Sundown [Closed] EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 12:47 pm

Grace smiled happily to Lucia. "It's what I'm best at, and Hogwarts is my most favourite place in the world!" She supposed a better explanation was needed. She pursed her lips in thought for a moment before clearing her throat to begin, it was a rather long story she thought. "I excelled at flying in my first year at Hogwarts and joined the Hufflepuff Quidditch team as a keeper in my second year. I played as a keeper until I was in my last year then I became seeker and captain of the team. I didn't do too bad on my OWLs and NEWTs but I could have done much better if my head wasn't always on the pitch. When I graduated, all I wanted to do was play Quidditch, so I went professional. I loved playing the game so much but I hated all the attention that came with it. So after a few months of professional play, I quit. I ended up working on the mail room at the Ministry for several years, horribly dull stuff. When I'd heard that there were positions open for both flying professor and head of Hufflepuff house I just had to apply. It combines my favourite thing in the world with my favourite place in the world and I get to share my passion with my students! It's like a dream come true."

She looked to Lucia and smiled further. "Sorry, that was kind of a long explanation. What about you? Why did you apply?" The sun was beginning to fall further onto the horizon and it would be dark soon. Grace wrapped her cloak around herself better, the further the sun set, the colder it was getting.
Back to top Go down
Lucia Henley

Lucia Henley

My Character

Sundown [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sundown [Closed]   Sundown [Closed] EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 1:42 pm

Lucia couldn't help but smiling widely at Grace's explanation. The woman obviously burned with passion for this subject and this place, and it made Lucia feel pretty safe around the woman. A happy woman was a trustworthy woman, that Lucia was almost always right in. She then shrugged when Grace asks why she chose potions.

"Nah, only thing vacant," she said casually, her hands tucked in her jeans. She then gave a laugh and kept the smile. "Kidding. I actually applied for Herbology at first, because I loved the subject when I attended Hogwarts. I have a passion for plants, but it's nowhere near my passion for potions. But the subject wasn't vacant when I took it. But after a year of teaching Herbology, it seemed as if my prayers were answered, and potions became vacant. I immediately applied for it. There's something so beautiful about the art of potions and I can't really explain it. It's just so magical in a non-magical way. And it can do anything any of the world's spells can do. It can even do more. It's so amazing, and such a precise art that I can't even think of potions without getting shivers," she said with a grin so big her eyes turned to thin slits. And I applied for Head of Gryffindor because it was an open spot that shouldn't be open. And I knew I could take care of them as well. So I jumped at it, pretty much. It was meant to only be temporary, but now I've fallen in love with that job as well, despite the paperwork," she continued to explain.

"Which year were you in Hogwarts, by the way?" she asked curiously, now realizing that the woman was somewhat familiar, "And which team did you play for after Hogwarts?"
Back to top Go down

Sundown [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sundown [Closed]   Sundown [Closed] EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 5:05 am

Grace smiled warmly. "I graduated in 2022 and I'm 22 now. After Hogwarts I played keeper for the Holyhead Harpies for about two months. Great girls, loved the game and the extra edge of competition but I hated all the publicity. Reporters and fame and the like, wasn't for me." She shrugged a little but smiled.
Back to top Go down
Lucia Henley

Lucia Henley

My Character

Sundown [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sundown [Closed]   Sundown [Closed] EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 1:12 am

Lucia gave a smile. "I can understand that. I am sure that fame wouldn't be something for me either. I need my solitude and time on my own. And I can be rather paranoid, so I'm guessing having paparazzi outside my home would kill me," she said with a chuckle.

"And since you're the Head of Hufflepuff, you must've been in Hufflepuff yourself. I might've seen you during your time in Hogwarts. I am three years older, but you seem somewhat familiar. Did you play for the Hufflepuff team?" she asked curiously, and hoping Grace hadn't already mentioned that she had or hadn't. Some details often slipped Lucia's mind. She really hoped Grace wouldn't pay heed to it if it had.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sundown [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sundown [Closed]   Sundown [Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Sundown [Closed]
Page 1 of 1