Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Marks and Points (For Corinna) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Marks and Points (For Corinna) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Marks and Points (For Corinna) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Marks and Points (For Corinna) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Marks and Points (For Corinna) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Marks and Points (For Corinna) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Marks and Points (For Corinna) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Marks and Points (For Corinna) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Marks and Points (For Corinna) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Marks and Points (For Corinna) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Marks and Points (For Corinna) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Marks and Points (For Corinna) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Marks and Points (For Corinna) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Marks and Points (For Corinna) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Marks and Points (For Corinna) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Marks and Points (For Corinna)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Evan Williams

Evan Williams

My Character
::
Activity: Ravenclaw Dropout

Marks and Points (For Corinna) Empty
PostSubject: Marks and Points (For Corinna)   Marks and Points (For Corinna) EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 4:50 pm

After Evan looked through all Standard Books of Spells and found nothing about the Dark mark, he decided not to waste any more time on other books in the library and went straight to Corinna. The word "Dark" in the Dark Mark made him think that it somehow connected to the Dark Arts, so he would probably need an access to the restricted section.

Getting more points than most for his homework would definitely make him feel better, and, eventually, make him the best student again.

Evan came to the librarian desk, but found no one there. "Miss Corinna?" he called.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marks and Points (For Corinna)   Marks and Points (For Corinna) EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 2:36 am

So far as Corinna understood it, the previous incumbent of her position had prized silence quite highly and spent most of her time standing behind the front desk of the library, glaring at any student who had the audacity to speak above a whisper.

It was hardly surprising therefore, that most of the students at Hogwarts continued in this vein, and she did not expect to hear any of them calling out to her so boldly. Particularly not using her first name.

As she emerged from the stacks, the reason became more clear. It was that tiny Ravenclaw boy.

"That's Ms Corinna," she corrected him. "Do you need some help?"
Back to top Go down
Evan Williams

Evan Williams

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Marks and Points (For Corinna)   Marks and Points (For Corinna) EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 12:00 am

"Oh. Um, I'm sorry, Ms Corinna," Evan replied guiltily. "Yes, I need some help in fact."

Corinna was the coolest adult in Evan's opinion. Except his parents, of course, but parents are different story. The point is that Corinna
a) Talked in cool brief laconic manner
b) Was open-minded in Evan's opinion
c) Had appearance close to adult version of Darcy: tall, blonde, with blue eyes
d) Was able to provide Evan with knowledge, and, what is more important, even allowed Evan to ask her if he needs anything
e) Wouldn't let a cat live with irresponsible owners

"Well, one of my Defense homework questions is to name the spell that creates a Dark Mark. I looked through most spellbooks, but found nothing. The name Dark Mark suggests that it's probably something evil, and all evil things are in the restricted section," Evan explained his need. "And this homework is really important, it determines which group I will be in."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marks and Points (For Corinna)   Marks and Points (For Corinna) EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 12:59 am

Corinna was briefly surprised, but tried not to show it. The new substitute's methods were no business of hers, even if they were rather more suited to Durmstrang than Hogwarts.

"What group you will be in?" she asked. "Why is that so important?"
Back to top Go down
Evan Williams

Evan Williams

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Marks and Points (For Corinna)   Marks and Points (For Corinna) EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 1:27 am

"Professor Thaorson splits students in his class into two groups: for gifted ones and for ordinary ones," Evan started to explain passionately. "And it's very very important because gifted students are going to learn really awesome spells, while ordinary ones are going to do something.. hm.. ordinary. And I just can't miss my chance to get sorted into the best group!" It was indeed very very important for Evan.

Excited, he was looking at Corinna and waiting for her answer. Please help me, please help me, please help me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marks and Points (For Corinna)   Marks and Points (For Corinna) EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 3:12 am

"Ah," she replied. "And here I thought you were a Ravenclaw."

"Did you not consider at all why Professor Thaorson wished you to investigate such dark magic, when he doubtless knew full well the information was not available to you?"
Back to top Go down
Evan Williams

Evan Williams

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Marks and Points (For Corinna)   Marks and Points (For Corinna) EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 5:28 pm

"Of course I was thinking about it! And after a couple of minutes of reflecting I assumed he thinks it's not enough just to know how to copy answers from books to homework papers. I mean, any moron can do it." Evan wasn't pleased by his own language. He should have watched his tongue talking to grown-ups. After a short awkward pause he continued, "Thaorson probably wants to see in his best group students who can get what they need, even if it seems impossible. Hm. Well, I would do something like this if I were a teacher." Evan would have certainly done it.

Five points, glorious group, awesome spells. And one little workaround to get it all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marks and Points (For Corinna)   Marks and Points (For Corinna) EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 11:19 pm

Corinna nodded. This was plausible, and of course the boy was right. She knew full well that they way she thought was unlike the way most people did. It was far more likely the professor was encouraging the students to use all the resources available to them, so to speak.

"A reasonable deduction," she admitted. "Let us see what we can find."

She led the boy into the restricted section. She mayn't agree with Hogwarts' restrictions on knowledge but their rules weren't up to her. Since she'd found this one snooping about the library at night, she wasn't about to let him into the restricted section unaccompanied.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marks and Points (For Corinna)   Marks and Points (For Corinna) Empty

Back to top Go down

Marks and Points (For Corinna)
Page 1 of 1