HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Old-School or Modern? EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Old-School or Modern? EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Old-School or Modern? EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Old-School or Modern? EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Old-School or Modern? EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Old-School or Modern? EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Old-School or Modern? EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Old-School or Modern? EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Old-School or Modern? EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Old-School or Modern? EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Old-School or Modern? EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Old-School or Modern? EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Old-School or Modern? EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Old-School or Modern? EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Old-School or Modern? EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Old-School or Modern?

Go down 

Help me out here, guys.
SRC
Old-School or Modern? Empty27%Old-School or Modern? Empty
 27% [ 3 ]
Prefects and HB/HG
Old-School or Modern? Empty73%Old-School or Modern? Empty
 73% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character
::
Activity: Dark Wizard

Old-School or Modern? Empty
PostSubject: Old-School or Modern?   Old-School or Modern? EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 6:56 am

Let me just say that you guys have wonderful ideas.

Okay, so I really want to know what you guys think about the whole Prefects-Student Representative Council situation. Personally, I think I'd go for the SRC, but I know some users might want to keep things traditional and whatnot. So, guess what, another poll! Smile In case you don't know what I mean by SRC, check below.

Corinna Sitz wrote:

What if Hogwarts has changed since the days of HP, and now they have a Student Representative Council?

An SRC usually has one girl and one boy from each year on it, with head boy and girl nominated separately.

That way, people from all years could be involved if you wanted them to be, and it could provide an RP opportunity by people who want to be on the Student Council having to campaign to be elected by their peers.

Back to top Go down
Evan Williams

Evan Williams

My Character
Activity: Ravenclaw Dropout

PostSubject: Re: Old-School or Modern?   Old-School or Modern? EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 4:35 pm

I would like to know the details before voting. The number of Prefects and Councils in particular. I think we need to make the number of Prefects less than canon and number of SRC less than Corinna initially suggested.
If we are going to be canon, we would have as much special students as ordinary ones.

I would better like to have one prefect per House (a boy OR a girl) plus Headboy AND Headgirl separately. So it would be 4 (Prefects) + 2 (Headstudents) = 6 special students.

As for SRC, I would like to have only one Council per year (I'm not sure about the first year), so it would be 6 or 7 students. It would also solve the problem with a lack of boys in some years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old-School or Modern?   Old-School or Modern? EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 9:54 pm

The SRC is a real thing. I was just describing the way my school did it, but there's room to change it around.
Back to top Go down
Owen Gray
Admin
Admin
Owen Gray

My Character
Activity: Adult, Headmaster

PostSubject: Re: Old-School or Modern?   Old-School or Modern? EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 1:49 am

Originally, I thought the SRC would be open, public. I thought it would be okay since other students could join and help out their class. I imagined it as a very American thing? Because what I know of student councils is that they do fundraisers and decide on what they want to spend their money in-to help out their class/year. That's sort of what I thought Corinna meant, except we would have one girl and one boy to sort of lead the council.

I do like your idea, Evan. To have only one prefect per house...though maybe we should get rid of Head Girls and Head Boys? And have simply 2 Prefects? How about we take the Prefect part, and do it only for Sixth and Seventh Years? Whereas anyone below them get a council?
Back to top Go down
http://livethemagic.forumotion.org
Sparkle

Sparkle

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: Old-School or Modern?   Old-School or Modern? EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 2:26 am

6+ year Prefects idea might have a problem because of lack of older characters. Maybe Head Students + Council instead of Prefects + Council then? It's easier to find two students from any house than four students, each one from different House.

Two Prefects per House is fine, especially if students can become one on their second year. If not, however, we can face a lack of students and students who are "automatically" Prefects. ( Hello Hufflepuff! )
I have no problems with 2+ year Prefects (as it could involve more people in the Prefect thing), but I'm not sure that everyone here thinks the same.
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Old-School or Modern?   Old-School or Modern? EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 9:56 pm

You're right. So how about 5th year and up. That way we can have 15-17 year olds working together. The problem with two student from each house is that not all of the houses have a boy AND a girl in the same years. So how about we take only one student (boy OR girl) from each house/year 5+ and add a smaller council of say 4 or so students per year?

I'd really like to stay away from younger student being prefects or HG/HB because naturally, they are not supposed to have the same maturity as an older student. I personally think that we're realistically pushing it with the 5+ mark but it's much better than having a 12 year old in charge.

Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Old-School or Modern?   Old-School or Modern? EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 9:57 pm

I ACCIDENTALLY CLOSED THE POLL!!!!! *rage*

Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character
Activity: Adult, Trainee Obliviator

PostSubject: Re: Old-School or Modern?   Old-School or Modern? EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 10:00 pm

Prefects and HB/HG has more votes tho Razz Razz Razz

(x)
Back to top Go down
Evan Williams

Evan Williams

My Character
Activity: Ravenclaw Dropout

PostSubject: Re: Old-School or Modern?   Old-School or Modern? EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 1:43 am

Four Council students for each year? It means that about 100% of active players can be Council. One or two per year should be enough, I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old-School or Modern?   Old-School or Modern? Empty

Back to top Go down

Old-School or Modern?
Page 1 of 1