Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character
::
Activity: Trainee Auror

TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore Empty
PostSubject: TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore   TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 9:32 pm

Hunter VanDerberg - First Year
Deirdre Seymore - Third Year

Time: Fall, 2026

This place is so strange. In truth, it was more than strange, but it just kept getting stranger with every day. Hunter had just stepped into the tall lighthouse-shaped building in the grounds that was apparently known as the owlery. And apparently, when you send a letter to somebody from Hogwarts, it's called owling them. Yet, Hunter was slowly beginning to get used to the odd way of things in this odd place, enough that when he stepped into the owlery, he wasn't the least bit surprised to see hundreds of owls resting along the walls.

He looked down at the letter in his hand, which he had written with a very strange feather - I hope it wasn't an owl feather. That would be ironic - and some ink, as though he were living in the middle ages. He didn't quite understand why he couldn't just phone his parents. Apparently, Hogwarts didn't have a phone - that's right, not one telephone. So, with a shrug of his shoulders he stepped forward into the owl-filled room and began to look for a bird to carry his letter. Of course, it probably didn't matter which one he chose, but he liked to look at the birds so he took his time scanning them. He would choose his favorite to deliver his message.

Last edited by Hunter VanDerberg on Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:44 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Misspelled Deirdre's name. Sorry!)
Back to top Go down
Deirdre Seamore
Adult
Deirdre Seamore

My Character
Activity: Hufflepuff - Year 3

TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore Empty
PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore   TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 6:37 pm

Deirdre took the last few steps to the Owlery in a jump and stopped to take a breath in. She supposed she'd have to get used to all those stairs any day now, seeing as how they were everywhere in Hogwarts, but that day was not today, it seemed. She looked around herself, as she usually did when she came to send a letter, or check for one present, but not as carefully as most times. She was in a hurry, besides, the Owlery was empty by the hours she'd come before.

Deirdre just found the spot in the back of the huge room that she'd left her mum's tiny owl, Leeks, waiting after he had delivered a letter yesterday and hoped he'd had a good rest, because today she wanted to owl her mum back. She silently walked up to the little bird's nest-thing and started tying a small package to his leg, making sure her gift wouldn't fall off. She put the letter in his beak and readied him to fly. His small wings spread out and he went up, going out trough one of the many windows.

Deirdre watched him go unsteady at first, but then find a sure pace, for a while, then turned around and prepared to go, when she saw someone else, a boy, to be exact, that she hadn't noticed before. Maybe it was because of all the birds in the Owlery's noises that they hadn't heard one another in the meantime, but now he was also looking at her.

I like the title of the topic! XD

Last edited by Deirdre Seamore on Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore   TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 7:09 pm

No, not that one. Nope. No. Ah, here we go! Hunter grinned as his eyes were drawn to a particularly interesting looking owl that had swooped down from its high perch to investigate the interruption. It had a speckled white and gray appearance, and had found its way to the perch nearest Hunter - it was almost as though the owl wanted to carry his letter.

He stepped toward the owl with a smile and quickly tied his letter onto the owls leg. As soon as he'd finished the knot, he hesitated. How was the owl supposed to know where to go? Feeling slightly foolish as he did so, he glanced to the owls face and spoke. "Erm... this needs to go to the VanDerberg farm just outside of Asch. In the Netherlands..." Hunter trailed off, certain that the owl couldn't understand him. To his surprise, the owl hooted in acknowledgement and spread it's wings, soaring through an open window with his letter.

"Well, hopefully it makes it," he muttered to himself, shrugging. He turned toward the exit, prepared to head back onto the grounds, when his eyes caught sight of a dark-haired girl he hadn't noticed before. She looked to be around his age, but he didn't remember seeing her at the sorting. Their eyes made contact, so he smiled and stepped toward her, closing the distance between them. "Oh, hello! I'm sorry, I didn't see you there," he said. "I was a little preoccupied with trying to figure out how to send a letter in this place." He laughed slightly at himself before remembering his manners. "I'm Hunter, by the way. What's your name?"

Ah, sorry about that! I fixed it.
Back to top Go down
Deirdre Seamore
Adult
Deirdre Seamore

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore   TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 6:30 pm

Deirdre looked over the boy, needing a few glances to note that he was most probably one of the new first years, as he seemed her age and was definitely not a second year student - she'd remember him from classes and different ceremonies if he were to be one. She was hoping she could sneak out quickly, before he got the chance to talk to her, if he tried, simply because she did not want anything interfering with her studying time exactly today. She had barely made a step, when the the boy spoke to her.

"Oh, hello! I'm sorry, I didn't see you there," he greeted, "I was a little preoccupied with trying to figure out how to send a letter in this place." Chuckle. Deirdre's chances of quietly going away vanished, so she decided to just stay there and figure out her future actions as things progress. She was going to study tonight, she promised herself that. "I'm Hunter, by the way. What's your name?" the boy, apparently called Hunter, continued. He paused, waiting for a response from her.

She finally opened her mouth and answered," Hello there. My name is Deirdre." She thought for a moment, then added," Pleased to meet you."

Last edited by Deirdre Seamore on Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : My own stupidnes?-.-)
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore   TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 10:09 pm

Hunter could see that the girl appeared to be slightly uncomfortable when he introduced himself. He didn't let it bother him, though. Perhaps she had an off day, or maybe she was just shy. It wasn't really his business, anyway. He simply smiled and waited for her to introduce herself. When she did, he grinned at her. "It's nice to meet you, Dierdre!" he said enthusiastically.

His eyes glanced over her quickly once more - he was sure that she wasn't in his year. He would have remembered her from class. But, she didn't seem to be too much older than him either. Maybe a second year? He couldn't determine her house, either, from her clothing. "What house are you in?" he asked her confidently. "I'm in Gryffindor. I'm a first year." He consciously straightened his posture as he announced his affiliation - he didn't want to make Gryffindor look bad, after all.
Back to top Go down
Deirdre Seamore
Adult
Deirdre Seamore

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore   TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 6:32 am

Deirdre assumed that Hunter hadn't noticed her reluctance a first. She relaxed a bit, after pointing that out to herself. She didn't actually want him to feel bad because of her... And even if he did, he didn't show it, but instead began a cheerful conversation. The girl looked at his clothes, while he talked. She couldn't decide which his house was in from them, but he was probably going to say it to her anyway.

As Deirdre was thinking about it, Hunter asked her which house she was in. The girl answered," I'm in Hufflepuff. And you?" She was really proud with it, though it was currently lower than the other three. The students were fewer, too, but it didn't matter to her.The boy straightened his back, she noticed, when he gladly answered her question. Gryffindor, eh? It suited him. He was probably really happy about being in it, too.

It seemed she was right about him being a first year." That's a nice house," she complemented." I'm a third year, by the way."

Sorry for the delay.-.-
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore   TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 5:10 pm

A Hufflepuff! That was different. "I haven't met anyone in Hufflepuff yet," he said, looking at the girl with interest. "Do you like it? I actually thought I'd be in Hufflepuff, when someone told me about all the houses on the train. It sounds like a good house." It was true - he had heard that Hufflepuffs were supposed to be loyal, and Hunter was true to his friends and family over everything else. Apparently, according to the sorting hat, he was brave, too.

"You're a third year?" he asked her enviously. "Wow, I wish I was. Maybe I wouldn't get lost so much." Hunter was always getting lost. It was quite frustrating at times. "I'm muggleborn, too. So I have a hard time following anything in this place. Like sending an owl to my family." He made a face to demonstrate how abnormal the concept of owling was. "Did you always know you were able to do magic?"
Back to top Go down
Deirdre Seamore
Adult
Deirdre Seamore

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore   TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 6:45 pm

Deirdre listened to Hunter talk about her house. She was glad he had a good opinion about it. When Hunter said that Hufflepuff sounded nice, she smiled, but not too wide,"It is." 

She liked Gryffindor as a house, though it seemed like the people there were a tad too irrational, at times. Of course, she mentioned none of that to the boy, as he seemed too proud with his house not to get offended. She simply said," I like Gryffindor. It must be nice to belong to house where everyone is brave and doesn't need to cover up."

The boy seemed envious of her year. "You'll never get used to all the stairs in this place, but I guarantee it- one day you will be able to walk around without getting lost.", Deirdre smiled at Hunter's confessions about a poor sense of direction. She assumed it was impossible not to get lost in Hogwarts. It happened to everyone at some point ( in their fist year, of course.). The boy kept on talking about how crazy he thought the whole system of Hogwarts is. Deirdre found it a little offensive, after all, she had been raised with stories about this place. Hunter asked if she'd always known about herself being a witch. " Yes, I suppose."
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore   TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 5:40 pm

Hunter grinned when Deirdre said that she liked Gryffindor house. "Yeah, so far I like it! I haven't met too many people yet, though, " he admitted. "The only Gryffindor I'm really friends with so far is Aoife," Hunter informed the girl, though she probably had no idea who Aoife was since she was also a first year. "But so far everyone's been nice! Another girl in my year, Lillian, let me into the common room when I forgot the password."

What other Gryffindors had Hunter interacted with? There was David, but they'd only really talked once. Then, Dierdre mentioned not getting used to the staircases, and it spiked his memory. OH YEAH! How could he forget? "I've met Ryland Malfoy, too! A cannibal stair tried to eat me - " Hopefully Deirdre translated that to mean that he got stuck in a trick stair " - and Ryland helped pull me out! It was nice of him. But honestly, how was I supposed to know that you could get stuck in a staircase?"

"That's nice," he said when she answered his question about knowing she was a witch. He loved his life before Hogwarts, but had to admit to himself that he was a little jealous of those that had always known about it. "I never really showed any big signs of magic before I got my letter, so it was really a shock. I have twin sisters, though - they're nine - and they were absolutely ecstatic when we visited Diagon Alley." He laughed as he remembered Lynnie and Lyra running around like mad, looking at all the magical items. He was probably rambling a bit too much, but if he was annoying the girl, he didn't notice.

I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to this! I didn't see that you replied!
Back to top Go down
Deirdre Seamore
Adult
Deirdre Seamore

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore   TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 6:37 pm

Deirdre smiled when Hunter started telling her about the Gryffindor students he'd met. He mentioned Aoife, and she remembered briefly encountering a girl called that. The other girl, Lillian, who'd helped the boy, as he said, didn't ring a bell, though. She liked the fact that the boy liked the people at Hogwarts so far.

Hunter kept talking, after a pause, like he had suddenly remembered. Ryland Malfoy?, Deirdre thought. To be honest, she'd never actually met him, but she'd occasionally heard different things about him. He was older than her, but except that and the rumors that sometimes hung in the air, she didn't know anything else.

Hunter said Ryland had pulled him out of a cannibal stair, after it had tried to eat him. Deirdre guessed that that meant he'd only been stuck in a trick stair. She smiled at his question and said in an all-knowing tone, " Everything can happen at Hogwarts, actually, so you'd better not let your guard down."

When the boy said he had twin sisters, Deirdre smiled wider. She was fascinated by twins. She laughed with him, as he said they were ecstatic at Diagon Alley. "Do you have any other siblings?", she asked out of curiosity. Hunter was rambling on, but it didn't bother the Hufflepuff. It made her relax, besides, that way she didn't need to talk much.
No problem.^^
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore   TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 9:44 pm

"I believe it," Hunter said in response to the girl's comment. He wasn't sure if anything would surprise him in the castle after everything he'd seen since he arrived. "It's kind of cool, though," he said thoughtfully. "That you never know what's going to happen. The muggle world isn't nearly that exciting."

Deirdre didn't seem to mind his rambling, and seemed particularly interested when he mentioned his sisters. She asked if he had any other siblings. "Yeah," he told her, nodding his head. "An older brother, Jack. He's only a year older, though, so we basically do everything together at home. The twins like me better, though," he grinned. Jack never really wanted to be bothered by Lynnie and Lyra. Hunter enjoyed being a big brother.

"We live in Asch," Hunter continued. "In the Netherlands. My family has a farm. Me and Jack help mum and dad run it." Hunter was proud of his accomplishments at home - he hoped that one day he and Jack could take over the farm completely. "We were all home-schooled, so that it was easier for us to help out," Hunter informed her. Then, curious about the quiet girl, he asked, "Where are you from?"
Back to top Go down
Deirdre Seamore
Adult
Deirdre Seamore

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore   TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 8:52 am

When Hunter said that the muggle world isn't as exciting as this one, Deirdre couldn't help but agree. After all, magic provided so many opportunities and could be used for so many things, once you master it! But sometimes Deirdre wondered how smart a muggle could be, if they are to live without any magic.

Deirdre listened to Hunter explain to her about Jack. She smiled when he said the twins liked him better than his brother, anyway. "Is it nice having a big family?", the girl curiously asked. After all, she'd never been part of one, as she had no siblings. Sometimes it was better being alone, but you grow lonely eventually. Hunter continued to talk about his family. He said they had a farm, and the girl was pleasantly surprised. She was interested in the fact that the boys help their parents run it. Hunter informed her that they were all home-schooled and asked where she was from.

"Oh, me? Yorkshire.", she answered." But right now my mum and I live in Godrick's Hollow. She used to have a shop on Diagon Alley." Deirdre smiled as she thought about her mum.
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore   TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 5:59 pm

"Sometimes," Hunter told her when Deirdre asked if he liked having a lot of siblings. "I mean, I never get bored. And we all get along really well. Of course, if we didn't, mum would probably skin us," he added with a grin. "Sometimes it can be annoying. Especially since I'm in the middle." Hunter shrugged. "I don't mind so much, though. It's just really crowded in my house. My gran lives with us, too."

Deirdre informed him that she was from Yorkshire, but that she lived somewhere called Godrick's Hollow. "I've never heard of that," he told her. Maybe it was a wizard place. That would make sense. She also said her mum used to have a wizard shop. "Really?" Hunter said in awe. "That's so neat. What did she sell?"
Back to top Go down
Deirdre Seamore
Adult
Deirdre Seamore

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore   TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 8:25 am

Deirdre listened with interest as Hunter was answering her question. He said he liked having a big family sometimes, but that it was mainly because he was in the middle that it was annoying, too. He also mentioned that his grandmother lived with them, so it was a little crowded there. " But don't you have a big house? Since you own a farm...", Deirdre thought out loud. She wondered how Hunter's family divided all the housework.

When Deirdre told the boy that she lived in Godrick's Hollow, he said he'd never heard of it. She was a little shocked by his answer, but he was muggle-born, so it was probably because of that." Godrick's Hollow is a village in the West Country.", she explained." It's not big, but a lot of notable wizard families have lived in it. My grandfather, mum's dad, was born and raised there. We currently own his residence."

Hunter was amazed when Deirdre said her mum used to own a shop. He asked what had she sold in it. The girl said thoughtfully," She sold magical antiques, either valuable or just nice-looking. She also had a period when she sold old historical documents, too." Those were nice days, the girl thought as she remembered the shop. Then it occurred to her, was she rambling too much? She hoped she didn't sound like a talking encyclopedia, because that happened to her sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore   TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 11:12 pm

"No," Hunter shook his head, laughing slightly when Deirdre asked if he had a big house. "It's not very big. I share a room with Jack, and the twins share a room. We had to turn the office into another bedroom for Gran. It's pretty cramped, actually," he informed her. "Oh, and we have a dog! His name's Rex!" Hunter said brightly, although it had nothing to do with anything. "Anyway, the twins do most of the inside stuff, since they're girls. Me and Jack do the outside chores."

Then Deirdre was explaining about Godrick's Hollow. Yep, he was right. It was a wizard place. He wondered if wizard houses were different from muggle ones. "So is it all wizards that live there?" he asked her curiously. "No muggles at all? Like Hogsmeade?" It amazed Hunter that there were communities just for wizards that he'd never known about before.

Deirdre's mom sold antiques. Wizarding antiques. What's the difference between a wizarding antique and a regular one? Hunter didn't ask Deirdre his question, because he didn't want to sound too dumb, or get on her nerves by asking her one too many questions. So he just said, "That's neat!" It was a bit lame, but he didn't want to irritate her.

Back to top Go down
Deirdre Seamore
Adult
Deirdre Seamore

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore   TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 5:44 pm

"Oh, that's nice.", Deirdre said when Hunter told her that they had a dog. She hadn't commented on the house subject after the boy was done talking about it as she didn't want to make him uncomfortable. She lived in a pretty big residence, and with her mother only, so she couldn't really relate to Hunter at that point. She'd never had a big family, too. He explained to her about the chores, answering an inside question Deirdre was asking herself. " It makes sense.", she said.

" Yeah, it's like Hogsmeade, but with less shops." Deirdre answered when Hunter asked her curiously about Godrick's Hollow. She'd guessed he could be interested in the subject- after all, muggles don't actually get to see the wizarding communities. When Deirdre told him about her mum's shop, Hunter said he thought it was neat. The girl smiled," Thanks."

There was silence for a moment, but Deirdre then asked," What's it like to be a muggle?" She was really curious, and she hoped she didn't sound offensive. But, ever since she was little, she'd always done things the magical way. Non-wizard people must really work hard to get their world to the point that it currently is at.
Sorry for the delay. This was a really busy period of time for me.>.<
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore   TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 5:14 pm

A wizarding town. Like Hogsmeade. Hunter wondered how many there were around the world that he'd never known about. Maybe there was one by him that he could visit! Anyway, then Deirdre was asking him what it was like to be a muggle. Hunter actually laughed out loud a little at her question. He had spent so much time being amazed at the things that wizards could do. He never imagined that they might have any curiosities about people who weren't wizards.

Hunter answered her quickly, not wanting her to think that he was laughing at her. "Well," he said, thinking about how to phrase his answer. It was kind of hard, actually. Like explaining to someone how to tie their shoelaces. It was just normal for him. "It's not bad, really. I mean, there's lots of stuff that we do that wizards can probably do easier," he told her. "But there's lots of stuff that we have that wizards don't. Like telephones and computers and video games." Which were brilliant inventions. If Hogwarts had them, he wouldn't be sending actual letters home with an owl. "We just have to work a little harder to get things done, though, I guess. But I don't mind it."
Back to top Go down
Deirdre Seamore
Adult
Deirdre Seamore

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore   TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 5:28 pm

Deirdre understood that it was probably hard for Hunter to answer such an unusual to him question. He laughed when she asked him, but she wasn't really all that offended. Being a muggle was normal to the boy, so he was surely just not expecting her, a witch, to be curious for that sort of thing. Come to think of it, Deirdre had lived about six years of her life as a non-wizard person, but that had been long ago, anyway.

Hunter answered. Deirdre silently shook her head when he said that wizards could do things in an easier way. " It may be so, but you learn better from the difficulties that you face.", she said in an all-knowing tone. Hunter remarked that there were also things that wizards and witches clearly lacked, compared to ordinary people. Like computers. And phones. Those were actually brilliant inventions, that certainly made life easier. However, Deirdre was used to doing things in the classical ways- the magical ways. She wouldn't give that up anytime soon, after all, hadn't muggles only recreated what non-muggles had already discovered centuries ago? Deirdre asked with a tiny smile," What's the thing you like most of our world, then?"
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore   TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 4:42 am

Deirdre pointed out that muggles learned a lot from their difficulties. That was a pretty smart thing to say. Hunter wondered if maybe she should be in Ravenclaw instead. "Oh yeah, of course," he agreed, nodding his head. "Living on a farm means we have to work even harder than most muggles, but it's really worth it in the end!" Then, Deirdre was asking what his favorite part of the wizarding world was.

"Flying," Hunter answered instantly, grinning at the thought of it. "I was the best in my flying class, which is saying something because I'm not the best in any of my classes," he informed her. "But flying was amazing! I want to get my own broom if I ever have enough money!"

OOC: Sorry for the really short, crappy post.
Back to top Go down
Deirdre Seamore
Adult
Deirdre Seamore

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore   TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 4:34 pm

Deirdre nodded her head when the boy agreed with her and explained about his family having to work harder than most muggles. She remembered a question she'd wanted ask before," By the way, what do you do on your farm? Do you take care of any animals?" She knew about different types of farms - such as ones that only took care of vegetable growing - and she wondered which one of those Hunter's was most like.

Deirdre chuckled slightly at the enthusiasm Hunter so readily answered her question with. She'd also loved flying back when she was a first year - back then, she hadn't had flown for years! Deirdre remembered how fascinated with quiditch she used to be when she was younger, too. " That's a nice wish.", she commented with a smile.

OOC: No problem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore   TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore Empty

Back to top Go down

TERM 6 - Since When is "Owling" a Word? - Owlery - Hunter VanDerberg, Deirdre Seymore
Page 1 of 1