Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Evan Williams

Evan Williams

My Character
::
Activity: Ravenclaw Dropout

Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna) Empty
PostSubject: Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna)   Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna) EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 11:36 pm

I have no reason to worry, Sparkle checked this place so many times, and no one was here this late so far. It also seems like she wasn't detected by any spells, probably because there is no special magical defense here. I have no reason to worry at all. Everything's going to be fine. Evan made one more step into the darkness of the night library. He decided not to use Lumos spell, as it would definitely give him out, and Evan would be definitely caught if anyone else was in the library now. I just need to grab some random books and hope that no one notices them missing soon. As it was dark, he couldn't see books' names and had no idea what books exactly he was trying to take. He just hoped they were about some cool powerful spells. The coolest things are always forbidden. Evan tried to pick a book but it slipped from his hand and fell down to the floor. "Damn!" Evan exclaimed. Although the noise from the fallen book wasn't that loud, his swearing definitely gave him out now. Okay. No need to worry. There is probably no one here. And as I'm apparently the best Ravenclaw student in this term, no one is going to expel me. And I still can escape unnoticed. I'm packed with a cat after all. Nothing is impossible when I have a cat with me.

This thread is open for Corinna Sitz.

Last edited by Evan Williams on Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna)   Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna) EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 12:41 am

Corinna didn't trust the security wards in the library, so she'd chosen a room just down the hall.  When the spell was triggered in the restricted section, it may not have been loud there, but it set off a caterwauling charm right next to Corinna's slumbering form.

She shot upright and groped for her wand on the vanity to silence it.  Throwing on a robe, she hurried down the corridor to the library.

There was only entrance.  Something that the intrepid explorer had probably not taken into account.  She simply stood in the doorway and called out:

"You can save us both a lot of trouble and energy by coming out now.  It will be easier this way than if you persist in hiding."
Back to top Go down
Evan Williams

Evan Williams

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna)   Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna) EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 1:19 am

Damn. Okay. No panic. The protective spell could ignore cats. That's why Sparkle hasn't been caught. That's a bad case. Or I could just trigger it by some of my actions. That's a better case. I could trigger it by actions that could be possible performed by a cat. That's the best case. Evan frowned, thinking about the chances of each of these cases. But nothing came to his mind, as he had no expertise at alarm spells at all.This was definitely a spell, I can't believe the librarian just walked in at night being aware of my presence. Or was it some kind of bad Karma? If magic exists, maybe the Karma thing works too?

In case of the best case, Evan opened his backpack, trying not to make any noise. "Your turn, little one. I'm sorry," he whispered, and  a gray tabby cat emerged from the bag.
Back to top Go down
Sparkle

Sparkle

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna)   Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna) EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 1:33 am

Sparkle knew her part in Evan's escape plan perfectly. She had to pretend that it was her who caused the alarm to went off. This time she was pure white as Evan changed her color to make her less recognizable. He was known as an owner of a gray cat, not white, so he thought that no one would suspect him and his cat.

Sparkle looked at Evan for a moment, then turned and went to the doorway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna)   Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna) EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 1:48 am

A little cat came padding toward Corinna.  Good try.

She picked it up.

"And who do you belong to?" she asked the creature as she stroked its head.

"Oh well, they can't like you very much if they just leave you in the library all night.  Such a careless owner.  I shan't be nearly so careless.  I bet you're hungry, aren't you puss?"

She turned back toward the hall, still speaking to the cat as she went.

"Puss is not such a good name, though.  What do you think of Alba?"
Back to top Go down
Evan Williams

Evan Williams

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna)   Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna) EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 6:45 pm

At first Evan considered that his plan had worked well: he could leave the library and tell everyone that his cat got lost the next day. Then he could claim Sparkle back. Good plan.

But then Evan heard the librarian talking to his cat like she was going to keep her. Nah. Sparkle will escape. Moments later some not so pleasant thoughts stroke Evan. But what if she won't be able to escape? Or won't want to escape? He frowned. And name Alba doesn't suit her.

So he decided to act now. He ran towards the exit and called, "Hey, miss! That's my cat." Saving Sparkle was the main priority at the moment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna)   Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna) EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 10:32 pm

Corinna turned back around, just as the library door was about to close.

"Oh my goodness, there's a student in the library.  I'm ever so surprised," she monotoned.

"You're the boy who borrows the Martin Miggs stories.  What's your name?"
Back to top Go down
Evan Williams

Evan Williams

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna)   Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna) EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 10:59 pm

Well, she isn't yelling or something like that. Great news. Maybe I'm not in that big trouble after all. "I'm Evan," he said guiltily. "And my cat is called Sparkle." After some seconds of silence Evan added, "And she's usually gray." He paused again for a moment. "I've probably woken you up.. Some magic alarm was triggered, I suppose.. Sorry for that."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna)   Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna) EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 11:53 pm

Although the cat was digging her claws into Corinna's arm, she kept a hold of it. What did the two of them think was going to happen?

"I daresay you are sorry for waking me up. If you hadn't, you wouldn't have been caught," she observed.

"You may as well tell me what you were looking for."
Back to top Go down
Evan Williams

Evan Williams

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna)   Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna) EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 12:48 am

"Well, yes. That was the main reason. But I'm also sorry for disturbing you because you seem like a nice person. I mean, you're not shouting the word 'detention' every couple of seconds and aren't lecturing me about the importance of all these stupid school rules," Evan explained. I shouldn't have told 'stupid'. This disregard might end bad. "And you also seem to be nice to cats." Damn. It all sounds like flattery. "Oh. It's not a flattery or something. No."

Evan realized that he didn't think about any excuse in case if he got caught. Making up a good excuse should have been an important part of his escape plan.

"I was seeking knowledge. Just as every library visitor," Evan said. Too dramatic, too fake.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna)   Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna) EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 1:10 am

Corrina smiled, amused.  The boy seemed awfully eager to please, but that was so much the better so far as she was concerned.

"More specific, please," she said. "Precisely what knowledge requires seeking in the dead of night?"
Back to top Go down
Evan Williams

Evan Williams

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna)   Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna) EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 1:33 am

Evan kept silence, thinking. There are two cases. The best case: the alarm can be triggered somewhere outside the restricted section, so the librarian don't know where exactly I was. The worst case: the alarm can only be triggered in the restricted section, and she knows about my trespassing. A lie could cost Evan a lot, so he decided to be honest. He was a bad liar anyway.

"Knowledge that is needed for tomorrow morning, for example," Evan replied and smiled. "But my case is different, I wanted to get some books from the restricted section. Seeking such knowledge during the day is not an option for a student. Sadly." He sighed. At least I won't be caught lying.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna)   Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna) EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 6:05 am

Corinna sighed and let the cat down. Though she'd dearly loved to have kept it as a kind of hostage from the boy, her forearms were hurting and besides, she didn't like fur. She'd have to throw out these robes when she got back to her rooms.

"The restricted section," she repeated, as though this was news to her.

Even if the alarm hadn't alerted her, there was no other reason a student would be sneaking into the library at night. Not even for a last minute assignment.

"You know, where I come from we do not censor information like you British," she said. "In fact, we have a very dark and dirty history and every student must learn it, so as not to repeat past mistakes."

"Can you keep a secret, Evan?"
Back to top Go down
Evan Williams

Evan Williams

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna)   Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna) EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 12:41 pm

As Corinna let Sparkle go, she immediately ran to Evan, who picked her up and whispered quietly, "It's okay, I'm gonna be fine. Don't worry, kitty."

"I agree with those methods," Evan replied to Corinna. "Knowledge can never make any harm by itself. And knowing some bad examples could prevent people from doing the same stupid thing again." Aaaah, I should stop saying 'stupid' when talking to adults. Where have my manners gone?

Then Corinna asked Evan if he could keep a secret. A secret! A real secret! Of course I can! It would be so cool! Mystery! Every real hero needs a secret! "Yes, I suppose so," he answered, trying ho hide an expression of excitement and delight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna)   Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna) EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 10:41 am

"If you are uncertain, you'd best be going back to bed," she replied. "I do not give away secrets to uncertain people. And don't come into the library at night again."
Back to top Go down
Evan Williams

Evan Williams

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna)   Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna) EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 3:42 pm

Although five minutes ago Evan would be glad just to escape detention, now he was really upset by Corinna's words. That's just not fair. She didn't trust him, and this hurt Evan. Corinna earned his sympathy during these several minutes, and now she just sent him away.

"Uncertainty sometimes means deeper understanding of things. I would better trust a person who thinks about all possible situation and therefore has some doubts, than a person who agrees the next moment you ask him," Evan said, his voice trembling because of anger and disappointment. "For the same reason I can't assure you that I won't come back. I can promise only that I'm not going to break in just because of my curiosity." Evan made a deep loud breath, he had no air left in lungs as he was about to cry. No matter how mature he tried to look, Evan still couldn't control his crying desire. "But if there is a question of life and death, I will be here, more prepared than ever."

He walked past Corinna, still holding Sparkle in his hands and trying not to cry. "You understand that all knowledge is useful, no matter censored in Britain or not." Evan sobbed and let his cat go, so he could wipe a tear. "Why don't you allow me to get it then?"

Evan would never talk to any other Hogwarts adult in such manner, but he felt different about Corinna. She seemed to share some of his ideas and she didn't punish him in any way after all. I thought we could be friends. Now Evan felt like it would be better if Corinna just yelled at him and subtract some House points. It would be much less disappointing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna)   Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna) EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 10:35 pm

"I don't even know what you want," she said.
Back to top Go down
Evan Williams

Evan Williams

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna)   Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna) EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 11:44 pm

Evan kept silence for a moment, thinking. He realized that he didn't know the answer. What do I want? Evan was sure that he needed something from the restricted section, but didn't know what and didn't know why. The thing he really wanted was an adventure. He wanted to risk, to uncover mysteries, to test his skills. After discovering that he was a wizard, Evan started to think differently about his life, as he was now in the world similar to worlds from his favorite books. But instead of fighting dragons and saving princesses he had to sit in classrooms and write essays, just as it was at his muggle school. But Evan didn't realize all this. Some of those books could be really interesting. Maybe. It was difficult for Evan to say to himself, "I'm doing crazy things because my life is too dull and doesn't meet my expectations". I needed some books on ultimate offensive magic. He needed some friends. And adventures, of course.

Evan didn't get any books, didn't get a secret to keep, and had to stay away from the restricted section for some time. It was a complete failure in his opinion. Moreover, he felt like Corinna could be a good woman to talk to sometimes, but now he lost her trust forever.

He enjoyed acting like a proud knowledge liberator, telling glorious speeches, and saving his cat by heroically revealing himself. But Evan ended his operation not like a martyr who got punished by an evil conservative teacher, he was sent to his bed like a silly child by a kind woman. What a shame for a hero like him.

Evan wiped another tear. "I.. I don't know," he said. "Some spells to fight evil enchanters.. and resurrect people.. and read minds." Evan thought a little bit about his words. "Yes, mind reading would be cool. And mind controlling." Thinking about unlimited opportunities that would lie before him if he could read minds, resurrect people, and do other cool things made Evan feel a little better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna)   Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna) EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 10:48 am

Reluctantly, Corinna smiled. The child had broken in with no clear plan whatsoever. A true seeker of knowledge, she supposed.

"Mind control is a difficult and subtle art," she told him. "Even I cannot do it. You certainly would not learn anything of practical use from reading a book."

"Fighting off evil enchanters is more easy, but may I ask how you met any evil enchanters in the first place?"
Back to top Go down
Evan Williams

Evan Williams

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna)   Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna) EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 10:14 pm

Seeing Corinna smiling made Evan feel a little better. "I know that reading books isn't enough, that's why I started my special practice project. It's called Project Homework," Evan told her with some pride in his voice. "Things didn't go as well as I expected though," he added, not so proudly this time. "But that was just a start."

"Well, evil wizards might just attack me. That's what evil wizards do," Evan started explaining his interpretation of the Wizarding world. "They come out of nowhere and hex you and chase you all over the place?" It was more a question than a statement. "I only know this world for a year, so I can't tell exactly. But I've always expected that there is some sort of bad guys." Evan shrugged. This world was still a fairy tale in Evan's subconscious, and every fairy tale should have a villain.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna)   Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna) EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 3:28 am

"Oh yes, there have been evil wizards," Corinna confirmed, "but they are practically all in prison nowadays.  I'm surprised you've not learned that in History of Magic yet."

"Besides, this is Hogwarts," she added, in total contradiction to her actual beliefs.  "Hogwarts is safe, and if you pay attention to your lessons you will be able to protect yourself sufficiently by the time you graduate."

"Come now, it's time to go back to bed, for both of us. If you need any books from the restricted section, you may ask me directly in future, all right?"
Back to top Go down
Evan Williams

Evan Williams

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna)   Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna) EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 3:39 am

"I don't take History of Magic, as this subject isn't required for Aurors," Evan explained. "I'm going to study it later by myself though. Now I need to concentrate on subjects that are more important for my future career."

Evan suddenly felt really exhausted when Corinna mentioned that it's time to go to bed. It was definitely an intense day for him. "Yes, you're right," he agreed. "Thanks. I'm sure I'll ask you one day." Although Corinna didn't guarantee that she would actually give Evan any books, only allowed him to ask her, he was really happy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna)   Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna) EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 5:51 am

Corinna doused the lights, then left the library after the boy. This was enough excitement for one night.

THE END
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna)   Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna) Empty

Back to top Go down

Operation "Book Ninja" (For Corinna)
Page 1 of 1