Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
A Break Between Classes EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
A Break Between Classes EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
A Break Between Classes EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
A Break Between Classes EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
A Break Between Classes EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
A Break Between Classes EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
A Break Between Classes EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
A Break Between Classes EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
A Break Between Classes EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
A Break Between Classes EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
A Break Between Classes EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
A Break Between Classes EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
A Break Between Classes EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
A Break Between Classes EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
A Break Between Classes EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

A Break Between Classes

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

A Break Between Classes Empty
PostSubject: A Break Between Classes   A Break Between Classes EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 3:59 am

Transfiguration class had just ended, and Alyssa McLennen wandered from the classroom a few minutes after her fellow students, her eyes alight. It was her first transfiguration class ever, and the class she had been most excited for; it did not disappoint. Alyssa had watched on in wonder as the professor turned into an animal right in front of her eyes. The professor had explained that those with the ability to do such a thing were called Animagi. Naturally, Alyssa had stayed behind after class and demanded that the professor teach her how to accomplish something so extraordinary.

The professor had smiled at her and laughed, explaining that it was magic far too advanced for a first year. Though annoyed at the lack of instruction she received in the matter, Alyssa resolved to pick up a book from the library concerning Animagi on her way to her common room later on- if a teacher wouldn't help her accomplish what she wished, she would just have to learn how to do it herself.

For now, however, Alyssa had a short, hour-long break between classes. As she strayed into the transfiguration courtyard, a cool, comfortable breeze brushed against her long, blonde hair, sending a few stray strands across her face. She reached up with a hand and brushed the wisps behind her ears, taking in a breath of the perfect air. She quickly located a free stone bench in the courtyard and claimed it.

Sliding onto the stone seat, she adjusted into a cross-legged position and set her bag on the bench next to her. Her hand fished inside and emerged with a small, tattered book - To Kill a Mockingbird. She knew that if anybody bothered to look, they may be surprised by her muggle choice of book; especially her fellow Slytherin students. They were likely unaware that her father was a muggle, and that it was because of him that he had struck an interest in muggle literature. The sounds of the courtyard slipped away as she quickly got lost in the story.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Break Between Classes   A Break Between Classes EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 11:26 am

Violet was very excited to have finished her charms class for the day, she was currently carrying heavy books to the transfiguration courtyard to do some light studying, before her hour was up, but she was so excited to get the hour over that she was skipping to the courtyard, to oblivious to notice a crack on the floor.

Violet fell with a thump, so did her books, she got on her knees to collect her books, not knowing there was another student there as well. "oh man, why do i always have to be the cluts, wait a minute, how did i not see this coming?", Violet couldn't believe this, a seer couldn't see her own future.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Break Between Classes   A Break Between Classes EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 1:34 pm

Alyssa's mind snapped away from her book as she heard a loud crash. She looked up in shock to see a girl her age sprawled on the ground with her books scattered around her. Alyssa didn't move or make to help the girl; she had already gathered her things, anyway. Apparently the girl hadn't noticed her, as she didn't even look at her as she She looked on curiously as the girl mumbled to herself, and Alyssa just caught the words.

"Why would you have seen it coming?" she asked, her curiosity getting the better of her. Her words alerted the girl to her presence. She didn't introduce herself, or ask the girl if she was okay, both of which were perhaps rude, but watched the blonde girl curiously as she awaited her answer. As she observed her, she noticed that she wore Ravenclaw robes - of all the houses aside from her own, Alyssa felt that the Ravenclaw were the most acceptable. She had almost been sorted there herself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Break Between Classes   A Break Between Classes EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 8:29 pm

Violet was startled to see a Slytherin girl, Violet slowly got up wincing at the pain in her knees, the Slytherin girl asked her a question, "Um, the thing is that im a seer, though, normally i see my sisters future, mom says its because were twin, but i dont know,Oh and my names Violet, Nice to meet you um?."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Break Between Classes   A Break Between Classes EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 8:35 pm

Alyssa stared at the girl in front of her as she spoke, her face blank. A seer? She raised an eyebrow as the girl rambled on for a moment. Her head tilted when the girl introduced herself - Violet. She looked at the girl curiously for a moment, wondering if she really could predict the future. Alyssa was rubbish at Divination herself.

Realizing that the girl had cut off her sentence and was looking expectantly at Alyssa, waiting for an introduction, Alyssa straightened her head again and spoke. "Alyssa McLennen," she said evenly, her eyes taking in the blonde girl. "Are you a first year?" she asked, tilting her head again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Break Between Classes   A Break Between Classes EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 8:40 pm

"Nice to meet you Alyssa", Violet smiled "yes, i am a first year, are you a first year?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Break Between Classes   A Break Between Classes EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 4:00 am

Alyssa watched as the blonde girl smiled kindly at her, confirming her conclusion that she was, indeed, a first year like herself. Alyssa didn't smile back at the girl - Violet would most likely think that she was being rude; the Ravenclaw had no way of knowing that Alyssa rarely smiled at anyone. She answered the girl's question after a moment. "Yes, I'm a first year, too."

She looked curiously at Violet, one of the girl's statements from earlier crossing her mind. Alyssa cocked her head to the side, an interested look forming in her eyes, as she questioned the girl again. "Are you really a seer? You see the future?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Break Between Classes   A Break Between Classes EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 10:31 am

Violet looked at Alyssa confused, hm, this girl doesn't smile, i wonder if she had a bad day, Violet was pulled out of her thoughts when she heard Alyssa ask her a question, " yes, but for some reason i see more of my sisters future than my own." she said confusedly "Though one time i did see that i was going to get hit in the head with a basketball."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Break Between Classes   A Break Between Classes EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 1:14 pm

Alyssa noted the confused look on Violet's face, but continued to wait for the answer to her question. She listened intently, truly curious - she had never met a seer before. At the last part of the girl's explanation, Alyssa couldn't help the small laugh that escaped her lips, turning her mouth into a slight smile. "So you can't see the future whenever you want to? I thought seers could just look into the future anytime," Alyssa asked, furrowing her brow in confusion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Break Between Classes   A Break Between Classes EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 7:38 pm

Violet smiled at Alyssa, "No, it's not that simple, but then again, not all seers are the same, My grandmother could see the future whenever she wanted, but she said it takes allot of concentration?".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Break Between Classes   A Break Between Classes EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 10:04 pm

Alyssa listened intently, her interest obvious as she leaned forward in her seat. In truth, this was one of the first times she'd had a normal conversation with someone since she'd started at Hogwarts - excluding her siblings, of course. She raised a hand to sweep a troubling lock of hair behind her ears as the girl finished speaking. "I don't know that I would like that," she said, though her voice wasn't derogatory in any way. "I mean, getting visions out of nowhere. Doesn't it become inconvenient?"

Her eyes swept again over the girl's robes, noting the royal blue accents. "I thought that I might be in Ravenclaw," she said to the girl. "My brother, Ryan, is a Gryffindor, but I knew I wouldn't be in the same house as him," Alyssa made a face to show how incompatible she was with the house. "My older sister's a Ravenclaw, though, and normally siblings wind up in the same house. Guess I'm proof that that's not always true." She shrugged her shoulders. It really didn't matter - she was suited for Slytherin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Break Between Classes   A Break Between Classes EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 10:25 pm

Violet starred curiously at Alyssa, trying to process the question, "Well, it depends on how you handle the situation, i'm the type of person that sees the glass half full, so i try to make the best with what i got, though sometimes it is inconvenient, its also fun to know something before it happens." Violet looked down at her scraped knee that was bleeding into her sock and looked at Alyssa "Excluding this unfortunate mishap." Violet smiled nervously.

"Wow, your brothers in Gryffindor, so is my twin sister, shes the only sibling i have here, though i do have lots of cousins here too, two of them are in Slytherin, and don't worry about being in a different house than your siblings, all of my family members come from a long line of Ravenclaws, and this generation in my family is in has dispersed from that, it just goes to show you, you can never expect anything, well except if your a seer." Violet smiled.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Break Between Classes   A Break Between Classes EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 11:02 pm

Alyssa listened to Violet, finally lowering her eyes to the girl's knee. It wasn't a huge scrape, but it was beginning to drip a small amount of blood down her leg. Alyssa hesitated a moment before reaching over and pulling her bag into her lap. She set her book on the bench and rummaged through her schoolbag for a moment, retrieving a cardboard box from it's depths. She flipped the top open and pulled a medium sized bandage from the carton, holding it out to the other girl. "Here," she said. "My dad's a muggle," she added sheepishly. "He always made me carry around a mini first-aid kit. It's just a habit, I suppose." She reached into her bag again and pulled out a small pack of tissues, handing those to the girl as well so that she could clean the blood from her knee.

Alyssa let the girl finish speaking before talking again. "I suppose I'm not a 'half full' or 'half empty' person, really," Alyssa added in response to the girl's previous statement. "Maybe the glass is just twice the size that it needs to be. It's an odd analogy altogether if you ask me, because no matter the answer it doesn't change how much water there is." Alyssa faltered, realizing that she may be talking too much. She remained silent for a moment before commenting briefly on Violet's last words. "I guess I sort of figured if any of us - my siblings, that is - if any of us were to be in Slytherin, it would be me. I don't mind, but it would nice to see my sister more."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Break Between Classes   A Break Between Classes EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 12:04 am

Violet slowly took Alyssa`s bandage, but not before thanking her. she bent down on her un-scraped knee to put the bandage, she then got up and dust herself off, "I'm the cluts in the family" She said as she fixed her braided pigtails that where hiding under her purple beret, "My sister Abby is more stable than i am." she giggled.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Break Between Classes   A Break Between Classes EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 12:08 am

Alyssa raised her eyebrows as Violet described herself as a clutz, politely keeping it to herself that she may have to agree with her statement. She looked insterestedly at the girls hat - she hadn't really paid it much attention before - and responded. "Isn't it quite unusual that you and your sister aren't in the same house, being that you're twins? Shouldn't you be pretty much the same?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Break Between Classes   A Break Between Classes EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 12:25 am

Violet laughed at Alyssa's statement, "I'm sorry for laughing Alyssa, but you have been the fifth person to ask me that, no, twins can differ, you know there are twins that are totally the same in everything, and then there are twins that, even if they are twins, don't have the same interest, just like me and my sister, two different personalities." Violet smiled at Alyssa,"Hm, Alyssa, did you know your name means great happiness."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Break Between Classes   A Break Between Classes EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 12:47 am

Alyssa gazed evenly at the girl as she laughed, unsure of what was so funny. At her explanation, she merely nodded. She supposed it was no different than Alyssa differing from her brother and sister. "Are you identical twins?" she asked. At the girl's second comment, Alyssa raised an eyebrow and even managed an incredulous laugh. "Great happiness?" she repeated, an amused look on her face. "Well, apparently I didn't get the memo early enough; I suppose I'll just have to change my name."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Break Between Classes   A Break Between Classes EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 12:51 am

Violet looked at Alyssa, unsure of how to answer her question, "Well when you see us from afar we look the same but when you get close, you can see a slight difference, do you have anything in common with your siblings?."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Break Between Classes   A Break Between Classes EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 1:03 am

Alyssa nodded as Violet answered her - in her mind, that meant that they were identical. She never would look closely enough to tell the difference, anyway. She thought for a moment before answering the girl's question. "We're all pretty different. Ryan and Dani look alike - they both have brown hair and brown eyes. I'm the only one that's blonde, like our mum. Me and my sister like a lot of the same things, though. We both love to read and write, and we get along really well. I get along with my brother, too, but he's a lot older than me. My sister's only two years older."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Break Between Classes   A Break Between Classes EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 1:11 am

Violet nodded understandingly, "Lucky you, ever since our mom left our dad my sister hasn't been the same, she just always seem to be angry sometimes." Violet thought of her father with a grim expression, her father used to be a kind and gentle man, but when her sister and herself turned 4 he just changed. "We live with our mother since she left our father."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Break Between Classes   A Break Between Classes EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 1:20 am

Alyssa furrowed her brow as Violet offered the information that her parents were not together. For the first time, she felt a wave of sympathy for the girl in front of her - while Alyssa wasn't very friendly, she cared immensely for her family. "I'm... I'm really sorry to hear that," she said, lowering her eyes awkwardly. She wasn't great at discussing other people's troubles. "That must be really hard for you, them splitting up and all. I'd be a wreck if it were me."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Break Between Classes   A Break Between Classes EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 1:22 am

Violet smiled slightly at the girl, "Dont worry its for the best, so what are your parents like?."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Break Between Classes   A Break Between Classes EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 1:36 am

Alyssa frowned at the girl's response. She still couldn't imagine her parents splitting up. She looked at the girl intently as she asked her about her own parents. A small smile played onto her lips without her consent as she thought about them. "Oh, they're really great," she said eagerly. "My mum's a pureblood - she was in Ravenclaw in school, too. She's pretty strict, but she's wonderful. And like I said before, my dad's a muggle. We always knew we'd be going to Hogwarts, but he insisted on sending us to muggle school when we were little. He's really funny - always up for a good laugh. I miss them," she finished, shrugging her shoulders.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Break Between Classes   A Break Between Classes EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 10:53 am

Violet smiled at Alyssa family "They seem great, my mother isn't strict, but my dad sure was.", Violet's arms were starting to get tired from holding those four heavy books she dropped and decided to tell Alyssa if she wanted to sit down, "Hey Alyssa, do you want to sit down? my arms are getting tired."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Break Between Classes   A Break Between Classes EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 5:46 pm

Alyssa nodded at the girl's request. "Sure, go ahead," she responded, shrugging. She reached over to grab her bag from the stone bench and dropped it on the ground beside her in order to make room for Violet. "Maybe you should carry a schoolbag rather than holding all those in your arms."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Break Between Classes   A Break Between Classes Empty

Back to top Go down

A Break Between Classes
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next