Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Term 5: Lesson 3: Year 2 EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Term 5: Lesson 3: Year 2 EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Term 5: Lesson 3: Year 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Term 5: Lesson 3: Year 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Term 5: Lesson 3: Year 2 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Term 5: Lesson 3: Year 2 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Term 5: Lesson 3: Year 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Term 5: Lesson 3: Year 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Term 5: Lesson 3: Year 2 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Term 5: Lesson 3: Year 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Term 5: Lesson 3: Year 2 EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Term 5: Lesson 3: Year 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Term 5: Lesson 3: Year 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Term 5: Lesson 3: Year 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Term 5: Lesson 3: Year 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Term 5: Lesson 3: Year 2

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Term 5: Lesson 3: Year 2 Empty
PostSubject: Term 5: Lesson 3: Year 2   Term 5: Lesson 3: Year 2 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 3:58 pm

Maybe she shouldn't bring more animals into the class. Professor Fenech had finally managed to find the rest of the frogs that evening, and she was tired. Her eyes held dark shadows under them, but she ate a bar of chocolate as she watched the students come in. Nothing was special about the classroom- no decorations, as usual. She ate the last bit of her chocolate and then stood up, looking as strict as ever.

"Hello students," Ylenia said loudly and clearly. "Today, as you have noticed, we will be tackling the General Counter-Spell. Who can tell me what it is?"
Back to top Go down
Deirdre Seamore
Adult
Deirdre Seamore

My Character
::
Activity: Hufflepuff - Year 3

PostSubject: Re: Term 5: Lesson 3: Year 2   Term 5: Lesson 3: Year 2 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 6:44 pm

Deirdre entered the classroom, looking at her feet as she walked. The day hadn't been the greatest for her, so, not bothering with taking time to examine the room's outing, she just found a suitable seat in the back and plopped into it with less enthusiasm than usual. The Hufflepuff was the first to enter, but soon everyone else started walking in, filling the room with echoes of laughter.

When each was sat down comfortably, the Professor announced the charm they would be working on today, looking as strict as ever, but maybe just a little too tired. She added a question about the General Counter-Spell after awhile. Deirdre raised her hand halfway, only showing that she knew the answer, maybe, but not necessarily needing to speak. The teacher, however, spotted her," Yes? Could you tell us?"
The girl answered," It's a spell used to remove the effects of another spell. This particular one is for all general uses, and I think its incantation is Finite, although I'm not so sure." She took a breath in and layed back in her chair.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Term 5: Lesson 3: Year 2   Term 5: Lesson 3: Year 2 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 3:30 pm

"Correct. Five points to Hufflepuff," Ylenia replied as soon as Miss Seamore answered. It still seemed weird to her, giving points to her former house. "The spell has two incantations, Finite and Finite Incantantem. Now, like you pointed out, the General Counter-Spell is for General Uses. More advanced spells have different counter-spells of their own. For example, there is the Banishing Charm which acts as a counter-spell for the Summoning Charm, or vice versa. Or maybe Meteolojinx Recanto, used to stop magical weather effects. There is Nox for Lumos or Quietus for Sonorus."

"So you might be thinking, for which spells do we use the General Counter-Spell?" Professor Fenech asked, before turning to the board and writing, 'The General Counter-Spell' and then circled it before turning to the class. "Any guesses?"
Back to top Go down
Darcy Wilde
Adult
Darcy Wilde

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor-Year 7, Head Girl

PostSubject: Re: Term 5: Lesson 3: Year 2   Term 5: Lesson 3: Year 2 EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 11:28 am

Darcy looked up as Deirdre answered, and back to professor Fenech when she started explaining things again. Darcy didn't know much about counter-curses, but she'd do her best. And then came a question she actually knew the answer to. So she raised her hand.

"The General Counter-Spell can negate the effect of Rictumsempra," she said softly, thinking also of the Bat-Bogey Hex, but she wasn't sure enough to guess on that one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Term 5: Lesson 3: Year 2   Term 5: Lesson 3: Year 2 EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 11:34 am

Immediately, Professor Fenech drew a short line pointing out of the circle and wrote 'Rictumsempra'. "Correct, five points to Gryffindor," she said, then turning to the rest of the class. "Any more guesses?"
Back to top Go down
Kynan Walters
Adult
Kynan Walters

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor - Year 3

PostSubject: Re: Term 5: Lesson 3: Year 2   Term 5: Lesson 3: Year 2 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 3:26 pm

"The Dancing Feet Spell?" Kynan gave it a shot. His sister had told him a bit about the spell and, if he remembered well, 'Finite Incantantem' could be used as a counter-spell.
Back to top Go down
Evan Williams

Evan Williams

My Character
Activity: Ravenclaw Dropout

PostSubject: Re: Term 5: Lesson 3: Year 2   Term 5: Lesson 3: Year 2 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 3:38 pm

"Furnunculus curse," muttered Evan, recalling his fight with Kynan during their first Charms lesson this year. "You used Finite Incantantem to end the curse, and it worked pretty well." He thought it would be ironic to get some House points for the situation that made him lost some points in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Term 5: Lesson 3: Year 2   Term 5: Lesson 3: Year 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Term 5: Lesson 3: Year 2
Page 1 of 1