HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya] EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya] EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya] EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya] EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya] EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya] EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya] EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya] EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya] EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya] EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya] EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya] EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya] EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya] EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya] EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Trainee Obliviator

Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya] Empty
PostSubject: Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya]   Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya] EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 6:54 pm

It was a bright and sunny day and Aylee decided that it shouldn't go to waste. At lunch she found her brother, Kynan, and after they ate together, the two of them left the castle together. She was planning on taking her brother to the lake, seeing as he didn't know much of Hogwarts yet. They walked down the stone steps, talking and laughing loudly and ignoring the stares they were getting from passing students. The sparkling lake could be seen from the castle so as soon as Aylee and Kynan caught sight of it, Aylee yelled, "Race you!" and then they were both running as fast as they could towards the lake. When they reached it, and argued about who won the race, they both sat down under the shade of a tree and continued talking and joking.

Aylee hadn't had this much fun with her brother in ages. "We should hang out more often," she said, smiling. Then they fell into silence until someone walked up to them.

This thread is closed to Kynan Walters and Maya Winchester.

(x)
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character
Activity: Slytherin - Year 3

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya]   Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya] EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 10:54 pm

Maya stared at her plate of food, listening to the sound of students joking and laughing around her. It was obvious that the good weather had enhanced the atmosphere of the Great Hall. She looked up sharply as a piece of bread narrowly missed her nose. She then quickly dodged the returning attack from students the other side of the table. Deciding that she didn't want to experience a food fight at the present time she grabbed a sandwich and left the Slytherin table. She was making her way to the common room when she heard voices of students drifting in though from outside. She smiled to herself, as she realised she should enjoy the weather and be happy just like the rest of the students. She stepped outside and instantly had to shield her eyes from the glaring sun.

Munching on her sandwich she weaved through groups of students lounging around the lake. She watched as she seen two students race by, laughing to themselves. Maya wasn't too sure as she only got a quick glimpse, but she thought she spotted Kynan. He looked really happy she automatically thought to herself and that must be the sister Maya guessed looking at them interacting animatedly with one another once they had finished racing. Maya thought it was nice that Kynan finally got to spend some well deserved time with his sister. Thinking she should stop looking at them as she felt like a stalker, she ruled out approaching Kynan as she thought he might want some private time with his sister. Maya chose a comfortable patch of grass to sit on and stared out at the lake, where the sun was magnificantly reflected and continued to eat her sandwich.

Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya] Tumblr12
Credit to Aylee Walters for both!

Banner::

Back to top Go down
Kynan Walters
Adult
Kynan Walters

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor - Year 3

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya]   Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya] EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 7:51 am

"It's hard, isn't it?" Kynan muttered. "You being a third-year and all." Then he looked at Aylee. "Is it hard being a third-year. Do you have to do complicated spells and hard homework? What if I'm not even a good enough first-year? I stink." All those worries he's been holding for a long time came pouring out. Did his sister ever experience it? He sighed to himself and looked around. There were a few other students sitting by the lake and suddenly, one student caught his eye.

"Maya!" Kynan called to the girl who wasn't sitting too far. He waved at her, gesturing for her to come over.

Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya] Gryffindor_zps92bf4417
^ By Hunter 'cause he's cool like that. ^

banners:

Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya]   Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya] EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 10:18 pm

Thoroughly enjoying her sandwich in the miday sun, Maya stretched out her arms and lay casually, basking in the unusual heat. She sat there, eavesdropping on people's jovial conversations, laughing to herself as she listened to a sixth year attempting to show off in front of his friends. Raising her eyes to the sky and trying to hide a smile she looked in the opposite direction and seen Kynan and Aylee still interacting with each other.

Kynan suddenly looked up and Maya waved, greeting him. He waved, calling her over. She slowly got to her feet, as her legs had cramped from sitting for some time. She awkwardly approached, which wasn't normally like her, but she felt like she was intruding on some family time. "Hey Kynan," Maya said, comfortable in the boy's company at this stage, but she looked unsure at his older sister. She was almost positive it was Aylee as she could now see her Ravenclaw tie, tied in a neat knot around her neck. "And hey Aylee," she said with less confidence. She also just imagined that Aylee now thought that she was a stalker or some creepy first year, considering that she had never been introduced to the girl before.

Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya]   Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya] EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 7:24 am

"It's not that hard homework!" Aylee exclaimed, almost laughing at her brother's comment. "And you don't stink at all. You showed me the Wand-Lighting Charm a few minutes ago and you're really good at it- it took me weeks to improve-" She realized that she was talking for no reason because that moment, Kynan waved a girl over. Maya? she thought, then remembered Kynan mentioning her a few times. Hearing about Maya made her feel glad that her brother was making new friends, although he told her how the two somehow always kept bumping into each other. This was probably one of those moments.

The auburn-haired Slytherin awkwardly walked over and greeted them. Aylee looked up at her, shielding her eyes from the sun because it was almost next to Maya's head and said, "Hi! You must be Maya. Kynan told me a lot about you." From the corner of her eye, Kynan shot her an angry glare. "Okay, okay, not that much but... um... he mentioned you a few times..." Kynan gave her a small nod. "Um, why don't you sit down?" Aylee asked, not wanting to look like a blubbering idiot. She patted on the empty ground beside her and smiled at Maya. What is wrong with Kynan? she kept thinking.

(x)
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya]   Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya] EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 11:07 am

Maya was slightly taken aback by Aylee's friendliness, she also appeared more confident than her brother. She presumed that came with age and getting used to her surroundings. Maya stifled a laugh at Kynan's face when Aylee said he had told her a lot about her, it was composed once more when Aylee corrected herself. Typical sister trying to embarrass her brother. Maya thought knowingly to herself. She had experienced it numerous of times herself. "I've heard a lot about you." Maya replied in turn. "Kynan talks about you a lot, so it's nice to finally meet you." Maya said with a smile.

"Thanks," Maya replied, taking a seat on the grass beside the girl. Trying to get comfortable she stretched her legs out in front of her, attempting to get rid of the cramp. Turning back to Aylee she inquired. "So what year are you in?" She turned averted her gaze towards Kynan's direction and noted that he was being unusually quiet, even for him.

Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya]   Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya] EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 12:08 pm

Aylee couldn't help giggling. "Oh, he talks about me?" she looked pointedly at Kynan who has suddenly been quiet since Maya joined them. Ignoring it, Aylee teased Kynan, "You didn't need to brag about me, I'm already popular!" she laughed before shaking her head. "Not really, I'm not popular... at all... but it's nice to meet you, Maya." She couldn't help smiling as Maya sat down beside her. What's up with Kynan? Aylee thought to herself, wondering why he shot her a glare. He does talk about Maya often... Then she bit her lip, for some reason, which she now usually did when being secretive, curious or embarrassed. Before that, biting her lip used to be an every-day habit.

"I'm a third year," Aylee replied to Maya's question. "You must be a first-year! What classes do you take?" It was a bit of a pointless question because Kynan had told her that Maya was in probably all of his classes. Aylee watched Maya turn to Kynan, who wasn't speaking at all. "What's up?" she asked Kynan. Then realized that she should probably take away the attention from her brother so he could calm down or whatever was going on. Aylee turned to Maya and said, "So, um, how d'you like Hogwarts so far?"

(x)
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya]   Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya] EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 9:38 pm

Maya was liking Aylee fast, she seemed like her brother. She was very talkative and friendly, considering that she had just met her. She recalled how quiet Kynan was when she first met him, it was different now, or so she had thought. She glanced back at Kynan, worried, as he remained silent. She began to worry if she was intruding. Obviously, she had interrupted their quality time together. Maybe, that was why Kynan seemed so reserved with her around.

Undecided she looked between the siblings. On the one hand Aylee was being really nice and it seemed rude to leave now, whereas Kynan appeared..put out was it? Maya couldn't really tell but continued on her conversation with the dark haired girl, who had a friendly smile etched on her face. She didn't usually receive this kind of reception off of people straight away as they realised she was a Slytherin so decided to take advantage of it.

Maya laughed at Aylee's joke. "You most certainly are. I've heard of you even in the Slytherin common room!" Maya corrected. "Morgana said you were really nice." She added in explanation.

"That's cool, so you must know all the secret passages at this stage!" She joked. Maya highly doubted she would ever fully know her way around Hogwarts, is was so overwhelming, even at this stage of the year. "Astronomy, Care of Magical Creatures, Charms, Defence Against the Dark Arts, Herbology, History of Magic, Potions and Transfiguration." Maya listed, slightly embarrassed by the amount she did. She received no advise from her parents so chose to enroll for most of them and see how they fared out. She was slightly regretting it due to the amount of homework and the weight of her bag. But it was always nice to try and experience new things, her mother had always encouraged. "What about you? Are there any new subjects to take in third year?" She had heard of the older students taking different subjects but had never actually researched it. Maya noted as Aylee asked Kynan what was wrong, concern clearly lacing her voice. She quickly changed the topic though. Still slightly confused Maya answered Aylee's question. "I really like it, thanks. The people are nice, the classes are fun and there seems to be always something interesting happening! The only down side is, I'm really bad with directions and easily get lost. You can imagine my problems in a big place like this." Maya, kept the conversation going, trying not to let it get too awkward with Kynan's silence. "I'm sure you had problems too with the castle in your first year?" Maya inquired, unconsiously looking for reassurance.

Back to top Go down
Kynan Walters
Adult
Kynan Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya]   Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya] EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 12:32 pm

"Hi Maya," Kynan had greeted her. Soon enough, Maya and Aylee were engaged in a conversation and, wanting the two to get to know each other better, he found himself staring at the lake. He blocked out the voices and didn't even hear his sister asking him what's wrong until a moment later Aylee was waving her hand in front of his eyes. "Wha-?" Kynan looked around and saw Aylee and Maya talking to each other. He shook his head and decided to pay more attention. Maya was saying something about getting lost easily so Kynan pointed out, "But you can always ask students or teachers nearby for directions. Or ghosts. Except for Peeves. He's trouble."

banners:

Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya]   Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya] EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 1:09 pm

"Slytherin Common Room?" Aylee asked, looking a bit dumb as she had never even thought about being 'popular' in the Slytherin common room. When Maya corrected herself, she said "Oooooh." Morgana was a good friend of hers, although talking about her made Morgana sound loyal or something. Aylee shook her head and listened to Maya list her subjects, who looked a little embarrased. "I take... er..." she hesitated before answering because with the subjects she took, she usually forgot what they were. "Ancient Runes, Care of Magical Creatures, Charms, Defence Against the Dark Arts, Divination, History of Magic, Potions and Transfiguration. I take just as much subjects as you do," Aylee giggled a bit. "Unless you count Flying. I hated Flying in my first year because I'm afraid of heights." Despite being shy at times, she was never afraid to admit her fear or face them, as she learned in Defence Against the Dark Arts. "In third year you have the options of taking Ancient Runes, Arithmancy and Muggle Studies," Aylee answered Maya's second question. Quickly waving her hand in front of Kynan's eyes, she turned back to Maya.

Maya talked about how much she liked Hogwarts so far and the down side. Aylee chuckled a bit as Maya asked if she had those problems. "I imagine I was worse," she admitted. "Once I was lost looking for the way to the Great Hall and I tripped over a second-year's, now a fourth-year, leg. I was surprised that she didn't start yelling at me." After a moment, she added, "I'm still surprised. But don't worry, you'll remember it all soon." Then Kynan added something about Peeves which made Aylee turn a bit red and laugh. "Oh, he is. He'll never help you unless after he pulls a prank." It made her remember of the time she got caught out in the corridors with Morgana and James, but didn't tell Maya the story. Kynan already knew.

(x)
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya]   Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya] EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 12:45 pm

Maya noticed that Kynan seemed to be in his own world as he didn't even register that Aylee was talking to him. Deciding that now would be a good time to chip in, she asked "is everything ok?" looking for approval off of Kynan that it was alright that she had joined their conversation. She knew Kynan had invited her over, but now she wondered if he was regretting it. "Yeah, I suppose so," Maya admitted. Although, she had already thought of that, but for some unfathomable reason she hated asking people for help, maybe it was her pride she thought. Well, for whatever reason she often ended up unreasonably lost. "I actually haven't come across Peeves yet." Luckily, Maya thought, she had heard plenty of stories about him from the other students and none of them boded well. "Have you?" Maya inquired, curiously. Maya noted Aylee turned red when Peeves was brought up, but didn't question her further, as not everyone felt like sharing their Peeves incidents.

"Oh yeah, did I forget to mention flying?" She exclaimed. "We haven't actually flown yet, but I'm looking forward to it. Although, the school brooms don't look in the best of conditions" She finished doubtfully. "You do take a lot of subjects too, but I'm not surprised seeing as your a Ravenclaw and Kynan has mentioned how smart you are. I suppose you didn't bother taking muggle studies as you are a muggle?" Maya questioned, with no hint of contempt in her voice. "Do much people take that subject?" She couldn't really see it being that interesting.

Glad that someone else had the same problems as her she smiled appreciatively. Her smile then turned into a grimace when Aylee mentioned tripping over someone's leg. "How did they take it?" She asked, knowing that not all students were accommodating to first years.

Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya]   Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya] EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 1:40 pm

"Lucky," Aylee couldn't help grinning when Maya mentioned that she hadn't come across Peeves yet. "He's got me loads of times. Mostly when I'm on my way to classes so he almost always makes me late." She bit her lip for a moment before turning to Kynan. "You never told me if Peeves got you! Did he ever?" She ignored when Maya asked Kynan if everything was okay because she knew that Kynan barely ever regretted anything. Aylee didn't regret it either because Maya seemed to be a really good friend. "Hmm?" she said as Maya started talking about flying. "Kynan here can't wait to fly-" she ruffled her brother's hair a bit. "He loves sports." As Maya continued the subject on subjects, Aylee bit her lip. "I'm not that smart," she muttered, looking at the ground.

Then Maya mentioned Muggle Studies which made Aylee look up. "My friend James is a muggle-born like me and he takes Muggle Studies," she said. "I don't understand why..." she shook her head before continuing. "But I don't know how many people take that subject..." Maya then asked how the person took it when she tripped over their leg. Aylee laughed a bit and tried to remember Shah's face. "I don't know. They didn't complain or anything but they did ask if I was okay because I fell flat on my face. Then she invited me to sit down and soon enough a whole group of people were there, talking. Some of those people are now my friends."

(x)
Back to top Go down
Kynan Walters
Adult
Kynan Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya]   Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya] EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 7:53 pm

Kynan felt like leaving the two girls to themselves and get to know each other, he suddenly felt like he was intruding. Then Aylee asked him if he had come across Peeves yet which made him grin a bit. "No," he said. He paid attention to the rest of the conversation and felt a bit embarrassed when his sister ruffled his hair. "Oh, shut up, I know I can't wait to fly," Kynan retorted, a bit jokingly. "Nobody can wait to fly. Who could wait to fly?" Then added, "Other than you?" When Aylee said that she wasn't smart, Kynan shook his head. "'Course you are," he said. He knew why his sister felt like that, though. He knew that Aylee saw herself more of a background person and she had low self-confidence. Their brother Ethan said that Aylee had no self-confidence at all.

As Aylee continued talking, Kynan found himself more silent because he had absolutely no idea what else to say.

banners:

Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya]   Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya] EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 11:38 am

"Did the teachers understand?" Maya asked, worried what would happen to her if she was late to class on account of Peeves. "Oh me too," Maya exclaimed. "Even in the muggle world I loved playing sports." Maya trailed on, she really did miss it and couldn't wait to submerge herself into the sporting world at Hogwarts. "Have you flown yet Kynan?" Maya asked at an attempted to get him more involved in the conversation. Maya noted that Aylee seemed humble, just like Kynan, when she shrugged aside compliments aimed at her. "Well you must be if you're in Ravenclaw," Maya stressed.

"Well that was sort of lucky that you fell over a nice person's leg!" Most of the older students Maya had met were really friendly, just like Aylee. Although, she hadn't met that much older Slytherin students, Maya put that down to the fact that she didn't spend too much time in the common room.

Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya]   Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya] EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 4:50 pm

"'Course they did," Aylee answered. "Peeves has been in the castle for a long time so I bet the teachers have come across him too in their years at Hogwarts. I think it's impossible to spend seven years here and not get pranked by Peeves!" Maya then asked Kynan if he had flown yet and Aylee waited for him to answer before telling him, "Grace. She told me herself on her first day here. She's scared of heights. Like me." It felt a bit weird to say another student's weakness out loud but decided it couldn't hurt- neither Kynan or Maya seemed to have a problem with Grace. Aylee shrugged and didn't answer when Maya said that she must be smart. I don't know why I got into the house, really, she thought.

Aylee laughed a bit when Maya said that it was lucky she fell over a person's leg. "Have you fallen over someone's leg lately?" she asked jokingly to both Maya and Kynan.

(x)
Back to top Go down
Kynan Walters
Adult
Kynan Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya]   Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya] EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 11:48 pm

Kynan found himself feeling lucky and thankful that he didn't come across Peeves yet, like Maya. When the Slytherin declared her love of sports, he asked, "Which sport do you love most? I love soccer. I watch it a lot during summer holidays with my older brother." When Maya asked him if he had flown yet, he shook his head. "I think I want to try out for the Quidditch team next year. When I become better at flying," Kynan said. Then Aylee suddenly told him that a girl called Grace didn't like heights. "Grace?" he asked, a bit confused. "That first-year Ravenclaw we met at the party?" He was referring to the party that was held for first-years. Kynan had only met Grace, Ryland and Lucy there and spent most of his time talking to Lucy.

He laughed when Aylee asked if they had fallen over someone's leg. "No, you?" Kynan replied, turning to Maya with a grin on his face.

banners:

Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya]   Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya] EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 9:54 pm

Maya nodded, comforted at the Ravenclaw's word, relief flooding her. Sometimes she got worked up or worried over little thing if she thought about them too much. Shaking off the nagging notion of Peeves Maya quickly continued on the conversation. "That would be horrible," Maya chimed in, remembering seeing the Ravenclaw in some of her classes. "Suppose that's why she's in Ravenclaw, not Gryffindor!" Maya paused to listen to what Kynan had to say on the subject. "I wonder how she'll do in flying lessons when we do actually start flying." Maya mused in. She was impatiently waiting until they were able to fly and made a mental not to mock Grace if her fear surfaced during the class.

"Me too! Although I do enjoy most sports, but soccer is my all time favourite." Maya said enthusiastically. "Do you follow the muggle soccer teams? I always wanted to go see them play, but my father would never bring me. He always thoughts soccer was for sissies and rugby for proper men." She trailed on, sullenly. "We should start up our own soccer club." She joked, glad that she found someone else who shared her interest. "I say you'll be a good flyer." Maya commented, knowingly. He seemed to have a good build, would suit a seeker, or possibly even a chaser, she thought eyeing him up. "I'll practice flying with you," Maya offered, keen to practice herself, but not alone. "Only if you want," she added hurriedly, casting her eyes to the ground. She hope she hadn't pushed him too far or asked too much from him. Maya liked Kynan even if she was a Slytherin and he seemed to like her. Well he had approached her on a few occasions anyway Maya thought, still not knowing if he would want to fly with her.

"Nope, me neither. But if I'm looking for friends I'll be sure to try it!" Maya joked with Aylee, laughing humorously.

Back to top Go down
Kynan Walters
Adult
Kynan Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya]   Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya] EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 7:35 pm

When Maya wondered what Grace would do when they started flying, Kynan asked Aylee, "What did you do when you flew for the first time?" Then Maya agreed that she loved soccer too. "Yes. Real Madrid," he grinned as he answered. "Back in Muggle school, most boys in class used to argue over who was better- Real Madrid or Barcelona. They even played with some collectable soccer cards as though it was real soccer! I know I love soccer but the boys at school are a bit silly when talking about soccer." As Maya said that she wasn't allowed to watch soccer, Kynan tried, "You should come over to my house in the summer then, we could watch soccer together. Although my brother Ethan is probably a bigger fan than me and sometimes goes on a swearing rampage when his team loses." He chuckled a bit, knowing that he was only joking but realizing that he wouldn't mind if Maya came over during the summer. Then Maya said that he would be a good flyer which made him laugh, "I bet I'll fall off during the first five minutes!" When Maya offered to practise flying with him and looked to the ground, Kynan simply said, "I wouldn't mind." then found himself staring at the ground too.

He watched Maya laugh and joke with Aylee and Kynan added, "I wouldn't be surprised if you trip over my leg."

banners:

Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya]   Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya] EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 8:23 pm

Kynan and Maya were conversing more with each other, although Aylee didn't mind at all. In a way, she could tell that Kynan and Maya liked each other, even though she didn't ever speak about it to Kynan. If Ethan heard, he'll ruin Kynan's life, Aylee was musing to herself when Kynan asked her what she did when she flew for the first time. "I fell," she replied, trying to keep her face straight. The conversation turned to soccer and Kynan seemed to be more comfortable with someone who shared the same interest as him. Aylee herself didn't like soccer, or most sports, so she didn't speak. When Kynan mentioned Maya coming over during the summer, she gasped as though it was some kind of scientific breakthrough and exclaimed, "You totally should! It would be so much fun!" she then stopped, starting to remember how Sydney had came over during last summer for a sleepover and bit her lip before looking around. For a moment, she expected Sydney to jump out of thin air wearing a tutu like she used to but nothing happened. Aylee nodded, to herself, and hugged her knees to her chest as Kynan and Maya continued talking.

The two seemed like a good pair, they've met loads of times and they don't call each other best friends much. Sydney had declared Aylee a best friend during their, what, second or third meeting? She shook her head, not knowing why she suddenly felt so lonely and looked at Maya as the girl started laughing. Shut up, Aylee thought to herself and forcing herself to laugh along.Then Kynan added something which made her laugh a bit harder and then she said, "I guess everyone gets their leg tripped over sometime in their lives!"

(x)
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya]   Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya] EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 3:40 pm

"Me too!" Maya exclaimed once more, hoping that Kynan didn't think that she was copying him. "And the Manchester United too. I used to always keep up to date with them online." Maya pondered how they were currently doing in the league. She was awaiting an owl from her brother updating her on their current situation. Maya laughed at Kynan talking about the boys in his class, she recalled the same thing happening in hers too. "That would be nice," Maya replied, perking up with Aylee's enthusiasm. She thought it would be really fun to go to a friend's house over the summer. She didn't know if her father would allow her to visit a fellow classmates house but decided to keep this worry to herself. She didn't know how serious the invitation actually was. "How old is your brother?" Maya questioned, "he sounds like my dad! He gets so immersed in the matches too." Maya could see Kynan doubting himself straight away. "I'll take you on that bet and say you don't and then we'll see whose right," she said confidently.

"Has anyone tripped over your leg yet Aylee, trying to gain new friends?" She asked, a half smile playing at the corners of her mouth.

Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya]   Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya] EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 1:24 pm

As Kynan and Maya continued talking about soccer, Aylee had no idea what to say as she wasn't into sports so she just sat there quietly. She watched some students nearby attempting to do a spell. One was holding their wand out and saying an incantation, then their friend's face turned purple. Aylee chuckled to herself, turning her attention back to Kynan and Maya. "Yeah, we could take you to that park nearby," Aylee exclaimed, looking at Kynan. "It would be fun, there are all sorts of things to do there-" she gasped. "We could go on a picnic!" Then she stopped talking, realizing that she was talking fast and probably looking like an idiot. "But you should owl us during the summer and tell us if you could visit us. We never have anything to do, it would be fun to spend a day with a friend." When Maya asked how old Ethan was, Aylee replied, "Fifteen. He's two years older than me."

Then Maya said that she'd bet to see if Kynan fell off a broomstick during the first five minutes. Aylee chuckled again and answered Maya's next question, "None currently." Then she laughed.

(x)
Back to top Go down
Kynan Walters
Adult
Kynan Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya]   Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya] EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 11:00 am

"Yes! Another supporter!" Kynan found himself laughing and throwing his hands in the air. Then Maya declared that she liked Manchester United too and he just lied, "Yes, them too." He only liked to support one team at a time but he didn't want to disappoint Maya or anything. Suddenly Aylee was already planning a whole day of fun which made Kynan laugh even more, "Yes, we should bring Ethan, too! And you should bring your brothers, Maya!" Aylee then said that they never had anything to do during the summer and Kynan nodded in agreement. "The only exciting thing that happens during the summer is going to the beach," he said.

Then Maya was betting that Kynan wasn't going to fall off his broom in the first five minutes. "You're on," he held out his hand to shake it. "Five Galleons to the person who wins?"

banners:

Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya]   Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya] EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 9:56 pm

Maya shifted into a more comfortable position, still remaining sprawled in the midday sun. As she continued on the conversation she realised that it didn't really hold Aylee's interest as she watched nearby students and their activities. Aylee immediately perked up at the mention of her visiting though. Maya was never usually observant but was on her best behavior as she wanted to make a good impression on Aylee as, not only was she an older students, she was also Kynan's sister. "Wow that sounds great." Maya didn't have much input as she was currently imagining the situation Aylee created with her words. She had never done anything like that with friends before and for one bewildered moment desperately wished that her parents would let her go. "Oh that's great, my brother's fourteen and likes sports too. It'd be great to bring him. And then if I bring him I would have to bring my younger brother, Wes. He would never miss an opportunity like that." She knew that there was no way he would miss out on a chance of meeting a witch and a wizard and he was off to Hogwarts himself soon too.

Maya picked up on Kynan's lack of enthusiasm when it came to supporting Man United, but she just smiled along with him. "Alright." Maya said confidently, accepting Kynan's handshake.

Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya]   Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya] EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 6:52 pm

For a moment, Maya seemed hesitant and Aylee wondered if they were being annoying about it and pushing her to come. But she pushed the thought away, and decided to ask her when she had the chance. Then Maya described her older brother to which Aylee replied, "He should meet Ethan, I bet they'd be best friends. And how old is Wes?" She liked little children for some reason, even though the only little child she ever knew was Kynan when he was little. When Maya and Kynan made some kind of bet, Aylee found herself wondering who would win. I'm going with Maya, she decided. Kynan was one of those people who usually got the hang of things on the first or second tries.

"I better go," Aylee suddenly declared out of nowhere, standing up and grinning. "I have some last-minute homework to finish... or start. Anyway, see you two around!" She waved at Maya and Kynan and then walked back up towards the castle and towards her common room.

(x)
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya]   Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya] EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 10:20 pm

Maya had to think for a second. "He's nine, nearly ten. He'll be here when I'm in third year." She was slightly embarrassed about how long it took her to remember her brother's age. It usually slipped off the tongue, but since she wasn't talking or thinking about him half as much as the busy Hogwarts life engulfed her she had to actually think of her brother's age. Maya was immediately consumed by guilt and decided that she would make it up over the summer when she was with her siblings, they would have plenty of time to catch up on lost time. "Wes doesn't look much like me, or even act like me." She added as an afterthought.

Maya watched as Aylee announced that she had to leave. "Well it was nice to finally meet you Aylee." Maya called after her. Turning back to Kynan to continue on the conversation Maya abruptly jumped up, her memory jogged by Aylee's departure. "Oh no." She groaned. "I have some homework to finish for Herbology too." She looked down guilty at Kynan, sorry that she had to leave so soon. "I'm sure I'll see you around since we're always running into each other!" Maya looked back longingly and waved before she dissappeard from view as she headed towards the library, her schoolbag in tow.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya]   Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya] Empty

Back to top Go down

Down by the Lake [Closed to Kynan and Maya]
Page 1 of 1