HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Sat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Sat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Fri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Mon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Sun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Sun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Mon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Wed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Tue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Mon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Sun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Share | 

Owlery Roleplay

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Owlery Roleplay   Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:14 am

Aurora trudged up the final few steps to the Owlery. 'This sure is a long staircase,' she thought. She opened the door to a flurry of wings. Most were grey, white, or brown, but one bird had bright rainbow plumage.
"Hyacinth!" Aurora called her large macaw.
The blue, red, green and yellow bird flapped her way towards Aurora. "Look at you," she said. "You're all alone in here, aren't you? The other birds don't like you very much." She sighed. "Like me. I've been at this school for almost a week now, and I don't know a single person that I could call a friend."
She lifted her arm and Hyacinth flew back to her perch, where the drably colored owls gave her a wide berth, looking at her warily.
Aurora sat down to write a letter to her family, but froze as the door slowly creaked open.

Last edited by Aurora Finnigan on Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult

My Character
::
Activity: Adult

PostSubject: Re: Owlery Roleplay   Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:20 am

James climbed the staircase leading to the Owlery, reading his letter one more time. His family, anxious about his well-being in this new unknown world, had made him promise he will write them regularly when they had heard that Muggle ways of communicating such as the telephone didn't work at Hogwarts. Opening the door, he walked into the circular stone room, careful not to step on the many owl droppings and mice skeletons lying on the straw covered floor.

At his surprise, there was someone else there. A girl with long, black and slightly wavy hair was sitting on the stairs leading to the top of the tower, apparently writing a letter. James recognized her from the Sorting Ceremony, and noticing the blue and bronze crest on her school robe, he remembered that she had been put in the same House as him. He stopped for a moment, as he hadn't expected to find anyone here this early in the morning. "Hi" he then said with a polite smile while proceeding towards one of the perches on which a brown barn owl was nested.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Owlery Roleplay   Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:58 am

"Oh, hello," Aurora replied to the boy.
After watching him choose his owl, she said, "You're in my house, aren't you? I don't know you very well." She paused. "I don't know anyone very well, actually," she added in an undertone. Calling Hyacinth, she started tying her letter to the bird's leg, hoping she could leave, because although she was usually outgoing, she felt inexplicably shy at this school.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Owlery Roleplay   Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:36 pm

Isabella tried to walk up the owlery steps quietly.
"How come everything that I try to do makes noise?"
When she reached the top, she heard quiet voices beyond the door.
She pushed the door open lightly. When she peeped through the door, she saw two
Ravenclaws comversing quietly.
"Oh great," she thought, just two more people who
probably think that I am an evil Slytherin."
"Um, hi," she muttered, "I'm Isabella."
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Owlery Roleplay   Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:16 pm

James carefully caressed the school's post owl he had chosen, and once he made sure it was friendly, he attached his letter to the bird's leg. "You're in my house, aren't you? I don't know you very well." the girl asked him. "I don't know anyone very well, actually," she added in an undertone. James watched the owl fly away through one of the windows, then turned around to face his housemate.

"Yes, I'm in Ravenclaw." he replied, though he was still getting used to the whole House system. "I'm James" he added, somewhat timidly, as the girl was hastily tying a piece of paper to the paw of a magnificent tropical bird whose colourful feathers strikingly contrasted with the grayish plumage of the owls around them. He too didn't know anyone at the school yet, though he never did have that many friends even in the muggle world. "Is it yours?' he inquired, looking at the bird, though instantly realizing that such an outlandish animal couldn't possibly belong to the school. Suddenly, as the girl was about to answer, the door opened again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Owlery Roleplay   Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:20 pm

Aurora wasn't sure who to answer first. The nice boy, or the rude Slytherin girl who had just barged in? She decided to answer James.
"I'm Aurora. This is Hyacinth," she told him.
Turning to the Slytherin, she asked, "What was that? I didn't hear you the first time. Anyways, we were in the middle of a conversation, so maybe you could leave us alone for a bit?"
"So, you're here to send a letter too?" she inquired of James. "My family lives in Ireland, so it's a bit of a long trip for Hyacinth, but she'll be back in a few days. Where are you from?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Owlery Roleplay   Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:39 pm

Isabella couldn't believe what the Ravenclaw girl had just said to her.
"Well, I'm sorry that I interrupted your conversation," she choked out. Then she turned around, and ran sobbing to the back of the room.

Last edited by Isabella Lestrange on Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Owlery Roleplay   Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:33 am

James watched the newcomer run away from them, loudly gasping. He remained silent for a moment, surprised. "Yes, I'm writing to my family. They... don't have magical abilities so they are a bit worried about my life here." he finally answered after a few seconds. "And I'm from Yorkshire, in Northern England, so it's quite a shorter flight than Hyacinth's." He paused, then added hesitantly: "I'm sorry, but don't you think you were a little harsh with that girl?". He usually wouldn't make such a comment though he couldn't help feeling sorry for her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Owlery Roleplay   Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:09 am

"Er, yes, I'll just go over there and see..." Aurora trailed off as she realized that she might have lost a new friend. Maybe, if she helped the girl, they could be friends too.
She walked over to where the girl was crouched. "Hey, I'm sorry, I didn't know that you would feel so badly. I'm Aurora; you said your name was?"
When the girl didn't respond for a bit, Aurora said gently, "I really do feel bad. Were you trying to send a letter? Maybe I can help you find a good owl."

Last edited by Aurora Finnigan on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Owlery Roleplay   Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:46 am

Isabella heard footsteps coming nearer and nearer towards her. She looked up from petting her fuzzy white rabbit, Cupcake. But it was just the Ravenclaw girl, Aurora. She had just said that she was sorry and that she wanted to help her find an owl.
"I'm Isabella, and this is Cupcake, my rabbit. Here you can pet her if you want. I think it would be nice if you could help me find an owl to message my family. My family has three owls already, but I didn't want to bring one. I didn't want to take care of more than one animal."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Owlery Roleplay   Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:45 pm

Aurora smiled and took the girl's hand. "Yes, my family also has an owl, but I got Hyacinth instead. Here, what about this nice screech owl? He looks quite eager for the job."
The owl squawked and bit her hand. "Ouch!" Aurora exclaimed. "Maybe it's a girl. Anyway, perhaps a different owl?"

Last edited by Aurora Finnigan on Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Owlery Roleplay   Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:23 pm

"Thank you. What about this one? It's a pretty barn owl don't you think? Here let me write a letter to my family."Isabella stood up and tied the letter to the owl's foot after she had finished writing. "Well, I just came in her to write to my familly, and now I think I will go down the lake. James, Aurora, would you like to come with me?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Owlery Roleplay   Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:06 pm

"Maybe, isn't there a giant squid, though? Is it dangerous? I also heard about merpeople and grindylows and all sorts of nasty creatures," Aurora replied. "But if you say it's okay, and a lot of students go there, then I guess, sure! It would feel good to dip my feet in."
Aurora actually wasn't sure. This was an abrupt change in Isabella's demeanor; perhaps she was planning to throw Aurora in the lake? 'That would be bad,' Aurora thought, but she tried not to let Isabella see the doubt on her face. It might set her crying again. Besides, she seemed nicer than what Aurora had heard from her dad about the Slytherins while he was at school.
So, she looped her arm around Isabella's and said, "Well, let's go! Coming, James?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Owlery Roleplay   Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:04 pm

"Ok. Hurry up James! We want to go before the sun goes away!"
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Owlery Roleplay   Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:21 pm

James listened to the two girls choose an owl and make plans for what they were going to do next. 'Giant Squid', 'merpeople', 'grindylows' he repeated in his head, confused and a bit worried, wondering what other sorts of creatures dwelt in the Castle and its surroundings. He had seen the lake many times during his first week at the school, and its black surface didn't have anything reassuring. "Hmm, ... I have to stop by the library, but I'll try to catch up with you later" he replied after a moment of hesitation as they were leaving the Owlery.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Owlery Roleplay   Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:52 am

Aurora paused, slightly conflicted. She hoped that James wasn't trying to avoid her.
"Okay, see you around then?" she asked. "Maybe we can meet in the common room later. Anyways, I guess I'll just get going."
Isabella was waiting at the door, looking expectingly at her. Aurora slowly walked over to her, while smiling apolegetically at James. "Have a good time in the library!" she called as she started to walk down the steps.
Somehow, they didn't seem as long as they had earlier. Before, she had been depressed about her lack of friends, but now she had made two! Smiling more broadly now, she hopped off the last step and into the glorious sunshine, Isabella at her side.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Owlery Roleplay   Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:15 am

"Okay, see you around then? Maybe we can meet in the common room later." Aurora said to him as she was preparing to leave. "Sure, I'll see you in the Common Room if I don't make it to the lake." he replied. She caught up with Isabella and started climbing down the stairs leading outside. "Have a good time in the library!" Aurora added. "Thanks, have fun at the Lake." He watched them walk away and then headed the other way, towards the library, a smile on his face.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Owlery Roleplay   

Back to top Go down

Owlery Roleplay
Page 1 of 1