HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
[Y4 and 3] Lesson I-Dementors - Page 2 EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
[Y4 and 3] Lesson I-Dementors - Page 2 EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
[Y4 and 3] Lesson I-Dementors - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
[Y4 and 3] Lesson I-Dementors - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
[Y4 and 3] Lesson I-Dementors - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
[Y4 and 3] Lesson I-Dementors - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
[Y4 and 3] Lesson I-Dementors - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
[Y4 and 3] Lesson I-Dementors - Page 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
[Y4 and 3] Lesson I-Dementors - Page 2 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
[Y4 and 3] Lesson I-Dementors - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
[Y4 and 3] Lesson I-Dementors - Page 2 EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
[Y4 and 3] Lesson I-Dementors - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
[Y4 and 3] Lesson I-Dementors - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
[Y4 and 3] Lesson I-Dementors - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
[Y4 and 3] Lesson I-Dementors - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

[Y4 and 3] Lesson I-Dementors

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ella Vega
Adult
Ella Vega

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Trainee Auror

[Y4 and 3] Lesson I-Dementors - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Y4 and 3] Lesson I-Dementors   [Y4 and 3] Lesson I-Dementors - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 6:44 pm

Ella wrapped her House robes around her as the temperature of the classroom dropped significantly. The thought of the life-like dementor on the board made her uneasy and depressed."Lonely, like no one in the world cares," her expression was hard as she spoke towards her mother.

Banners:

Back to top Go down
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character
Activity: Adult, Care of Magical Creatures Professor, History of Magic Professor, Head of Slytherin House

PostSubject: Re: [Y4 and 3] Lesson I-Dementors   [Y4 and 3] Lesson I-Dementors - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 12:57 am

"Very well, five points to everyone." Selene said as the students were finished with their discussion. "Now, the Dementor's kiss, that's a good one." she said, moving away from the board. "The Dementor's Kiss is the act of sucking out a person's soul. When a Dementor is about to perform this, it will remove the hood of its cloak, clamp its jaw around your mouth, and consume your soul. Simple, but terrifying. What's left of you, would be what Muggles call a Persistent Vegetative State, meaning empty shells still alive  but not living. The Ministry, as Wade has already mentioned," Selene pointed her wand briefly towards the boy, "Used the Dementor's Kiss as a punishment for prisoners who escaped Azkaban. For example, Sirius Black was fated to be kissed if he got caught, however, we know that wasn't the case. Although Barty Crouch Jr. didn't have this luck, as he was captured and sentenced after his escape was discovered. However, when Voldemort was in control of the Ministry in late 1997, I believe, and early 1998, the Kiss was used to threatened those in the Muggle Born Registration Commission if they resisted Voldemort's rule.

"Now, the best way to protect yourself against a Dementor, which I'm sure you all are trying to remember now in the given case you haven't learned it, is a Patronus. I won't get into details about this as I'm sure Professor Umbranox will explain and teach this either this or the next term." Moving closer to Ella, she said, "And I would be very disappointed if any one tried to practice the charm on their own, as it requires perfect assistance that even the best students could not perform yet." Her dark eyes lingered on her daughter long enough to make her point.
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Dark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: [Y4 and 3] Lesson I-Dementors   [Y4 and 3] Lesson I-Dementors - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 12:53 am

Wade listened to what Professor Vega was saying, glancing at her from time to time only to realize that she was still as beautiful as always. From what he gathered, something was happening between her and Ella, as there was some tension when the Slytherin girl answered the Professor's question. Letting it go, he focused on his notes.

Suddenly, a question came to mind. "Professor Vega?" he spoke up, "Is it possible for a victim of the Kiss to come back as a ghost? I understand the only thing you need to be a ghost is a soul, and isn't that the only thing that would be left?"

Back to top Go down
Elita Malfoy
Adult
Elita Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Divinations professor

PostSubject: Re: [Y4 and 3] Lesson I-Dementors   [Y4 and 3] Lesson I-Dementors - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 4:00 am

Elita watched as her mom stared at her sister as she spoke about the Patronus charm. She had no clue what that was about, but decided it was none of her business. Silently, she looked down at her notes until Wade asked a question. As she listened to him speak, she thought of her own question.

Raising her hand, she asked, "So does the Dementor's Kiss hurt, or does it cause the victim to like pass out without feeling pain?" She felt confused, yet really interesting.

Back to top Go down
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character
Activity: Adult, Care of Magical Creatures Professor, History of Magic Professor, Head of Slytherin House

PostSubject: Re: [Y4 and 3] Lesson I-Dementors   [Y4 and 3] Lesson I-Dementors - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 3:58 am

"Excellent questions, both of you." She said to Wade and Elita. "Wade, I believe it should be possible. Since, as you pointed out, all you need is the human's soul to become a ghost. However, I'm afraid there haven't been those types of cases yet." Then, turning to Elita, she said "You wouldn't be able to know that unless you were Kissed, but even then you wouldn't be able to describe it to anyone else. So, we don't know what it feels likes, but we do know that when you're attacked, you feel happiness leave your body, and I suppose it's a very extreme version of what depression feels like. Either way, 5 points for you both."

Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Slytherin Alumni, Auror, Flying Professor

PostSubject: Re: [Y4 and 3] Lesson I-Dementors   [Y4 and 3] Lesson I-Dementors - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 4:14 pm

"Professor Vega?" Lucy raised her hand to get the woman's attention. "This might be a little too personal, but could you tell us what your patronus is?" she wanted to know, because she had heard that many of them took the form of what they loved most, and she was sure the professor's would have something to do with either that man from the Ministry, or Ella and Ellie.

Back to top Go down
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor Alumni, Owner of Glass House, Care of Magical Creatures Professor

PostSubject: Re: [Y4 and 3] Lesson I-Dementors   [Y4 and 3] Lesson I-Dementors - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 4:33 pm

Ryland turned to Lucy as she spoke, wondering if Professor Vega would indeed tell them what her Patronus was. If it was something the person loved, as Lucy had said once, he had a rough idea that his might take the form of a phoenix. Because out of everyone, he loved Phoenix the most, seeing as he was the reason Ryland was where he was now. Waiting patiently for the Professor, Ryland turned to Wade, wondering if he had an idea of what his would be. After carefully inspecting Wade, Ryland figured his might be a lion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Y4 and 3] Lesson I-Dementors   [Y4 and 3] Lesson I-Dementors - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 7:14 pm

Auden listened to everyone's questions. The answers, however, were very informative. Auden then thought of what her patronus would be.

"Professor Vega?" Auden raised her hand. "I know this might sound stupid, but what decides your patronus form and why is it a certain animal?" Auden asked.
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Dark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: [Y4 and 3] Lesson I-Dementors   [Y4 and 3] Lesson I-Dementors - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 4:18 pm

Wade waited for Professor Vega to show them what her patronus would be, but he had a feeling she wouldn't do it. At the sound of Auden's voice, he turned to her, and wondered what his own patronus would be. It probably wouldn't be a snake, that's for sure. He thought, but he really had no idea what he loved most, as he knew that was a factor. He only loved his family, and that was that, but how could that turn into his patronus?

Back to top Go down
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character

PostSubject: Re: [Y4 and 3] Lesson I-Dementors   [Y4 and 3] Lesson I-Dementors - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 5:27 pm

Selene thought about not showing them, however, that would be rude. It may also help them understand the charm better when their time came to practice it. Sighing, Selene thought of Ella and Ellie. She thought of the first time they hugged each other as family. It was a warm and welcome feeling that could only be overcome by the first time they called her mom. That word was magical to her, much more than any other spell she knew. As compared to her teenage patronus, a slim snake, her adult version was now casting a dove. A strong, pure dove.

It flew about the room, passing by students, and settling down on Ella's desk. Selene hoped that would help her daughter understand how much she loved her. "A patronus," Selene began to answer Auden's question. "Is based on your happiest moment, on what you love most." She watched as the dove took flight again, only to disappear as the words took her concentration away. "5 points to Ravenclaw." she said quietly.
Back to top Go down
Ella Vega
Adult
Ella Vega

My Character
Activity: Adult, Trainee Auror

PostSubject: Re: [Y4 and 3] Lesson I-Dementors   [Y4 and 3] Lesson I-Dementors - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 8:32 am

Ella watched as her mother actually cast her patronus. She watched the misty, white dove fly around the room then land on her desk. She looked up, and caught her mother's eye, her heart melting just a tad. She listened as her mother answered Auden's question, the dove flying off her desk then disappearing once again.

Banners:

Back to top Go down
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character

PostSubject: Re: [Y4 and 3] Lesson I-Dementors   [Y4 and 3] Lesson I-Dementors - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 5:10 pm

Tapping her golden wand on her desk, Selene said, "I believe we're running a bit short on time, so you are free to go. Look for the homework in the announcements." she said, and feeling exposed at having shown the kids the dove, she walked out of the room as soon as most of the students were gone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Y4 and 3] Lesson I-Dementors   [Y4 and 3] Lesson I-Dementors - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

[Y4 and 3] Lesson I-Dementors
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next