HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Sat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Sat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Fri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Mon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Sun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Sun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Mon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Wed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Tue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Mon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Sun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Share | 

Caught in a Trap [Closed to Sydney]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
James Riddle
Adult

My Character
::
Activity: Adult

PostSubject: Caught in a Trap [Closed to Sydney]   Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:32 pm

After reading it one last time, James tied the letter to the school owl's leg and released it through one of the many windowless openings of the circular room. As he watched the bird fly away in the morning sky, he wondered how long it would take it to get to Barnsley.

When the owl was a mere black spot in an endless sea of blue, he turned around and headed for the exit. He had nearly reached the door when it swung open, and he found himself face to face with Sydney.

He hadn't talked to her in weeks, since the... He had done his best to avoid her, which proved more difficult than he had imagined. Fortunately, she wasn't in the same year as him, so they didn't share any classes, but he had been forced to spend as little time as possible in the common room and seek the most secluded parts of the library. The meals in the Great Hall were hard as well, and he had begun to take them earlier or later than the others just to evade her presence.

Yet there she was now, standing in front of the only way out of the room. There was nowhere to run. For a moment, James wished he had wings so he could just fly away through one of the windows. "Hi" he mumbled instead, still avoiding her look. 

Banner by Shah Chelsea Hazel

Last edited by James Riddle on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sydney Hale
Adult

My Character
Activity: Ravenclaw - Year 2, Zonko's Joke Shop Worker

PostSubject: Re: Caught in a Trap [Closed to Sydney]   Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:38 pm

Sydney had made her way up to the owlery to send a letter to her brothers about what had.happened a few weeks ago. As soon as she entered the room, She saw james standing there. She met his gaze and quickly looked away before she bit her lip. "Hey, Riddle." She said softly. She bit her  lip harder o fight back the tears. She soon tasted blood and released her lip. She looked up and tried to meet his gaze, but he refused to.look at her. "James..."
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Caught in a Trap [Closed to Sydney]   Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:52 pm

He flashed a glance at her. Her eyes seemed watery, so he looked away again. "Yes...?" he managed to say, staring at one of the owls perched around them.

Back to top Go down
Sydney Hale
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Caught in a Trap [Closed to Sydney]   Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:56 pm

She sighed and grabbed his chin to make him look at her. "James, I'm fine. Really." She was lying through her teeth, But he didn't know that. "I just miss my best friend.... I miss you." That part was true. She had missed him . Whenever she saw him run the other way in the hall, it killed her. Or when he didn't show up for meals..."I'm sorry... I shouldn't have done it..."
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Caught in a Trap [Closed to Sydney]   Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:08 pm

James suddenly felt her hand on his chin. He remained still, as she forced him to meet her eyes. For a moment, he fought she would punch him, and prepared to receive the blow. After all, he had deserved it. Her next words came as a shock. "You... you're not mad at me?" he heard himself mutter.  

Back to top Go down
Sydney Hale
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Caught in a Trap [Closed to Sydney]   Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:12 pm

"I want to be... and there's nothing I want more than to yell at you and hit you... but I can't. I can't blame you id you don't like me. I can't blame you if you like someone else. You fall for who you fall for. You can't control it." She smiled and let his chin go. She rested a hand on his shoulder and summoned aria, her pet owl. A snowly white owl.rested on her arm and she attached the letter. "Take that to the guys. Make sure they reply." She watched the bird fly off before turning back to james. "Are we ok?"
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Caught in a Trap [Closed to Sydney]   Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:48 pm

He endured her words in silence, staring into her big green eyes. They betrayed her suffering, even though she attempted to conceal it with a smile. A wounded smile. James felt so terrible that for a heartbeat he considered telling her that he liked her just to ease her distress. But no, that would be a lie, and Sydney deserved better.

Before he could say anything at all, an owl flew from one of the perches and softly landed on her hand. He watched her tie a letter to its leg and then release the bird. When she addressed him again, he nodded. He wanted to tell her how sorry he was, that hurting her had never been his intention, that she would surely be happy with someone, but that it just wasn't him. Yet that all sounded hollow in his head, no matter how sincerely he thought it. "Can we forget about this and be friends again?" he managed to say.

Back to top Go down
Sydney Hale
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Caught in a Trap [Closed to Sydney]   Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:22 pm

"Of course we can. Best friends!" She smiled and hugged him . When she released him she sat on a clean area of the  floor and patted the spot beside her. Signaling for him to sit beside her. "So what brings you up here?"
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Caught in a Trap [Closed to Sydney]   Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:43 pm

He hugged her back, relieved that everything seemed as it once had been. The floor of the owlery was covered in straw, owl droppings, and the regurgitated skeletons of mice and voles, yet Sydney managed to find a clear are and invited him to sit down.

"I send a letter to my parents every once and a while, just to let them know that I'm fine. They are quite worried, with the rumours about the dark ones and everything." It was strange talking to her so casually after everything that had happened. Strange, but really nice. "They don't know what to think, since the wizarding world is still a bit of a mystery to them." he admitted. "What about you?"

Back to top Go down
Sydney Hale
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Caught in a Trap [Closed to Sydney]   Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:46 pm

"My brothers. I was asking for advice on.... its not important" she couldn't tell him she was asking what to do about him. "What dark ones. They sound scary..." she said nervously.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Caught in a Trap [Closed to Sydney]   Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:22 pm

He didn't insist on the content of her letter and instead pondered about the dark wizards. "Yes, many believe they're gone but some say they just retreated in order to make new plans and find new weapons." He shrugged. He didn't know what to think himself, but Hogwarts seemed safe enough, with all the professors protecting them, and he could hardly imagine them being in any danger. 

Back to top Go down
Sydney Hale
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Caught in a Trap [Closed to Sydney]   Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:29 pm

"I always feel safe here. This place is my home. If only the guys were here.... i'd never leave." She smiled at him and made a funny face to try and make him laugh. rabbit
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Caught in a Trap [Closed to Sydney]   Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:50 pm

"I know what you mean." he agreed, smiling at her expression. As the summer approached, he would be forced to leave the castle. He was eager to see his family again, yet the prospect of spending a few months away from his friends and from everything related to the wizarding world was not an entirely pleasant one. 

Back to top Go down
Sydney Hale
Adult

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Caught in a Trap [Closed to Sydney]   Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:56 pm

"This summer is gonna be the one year anniversary of sammys accident.... I don't wanna go. I can't deal.with it james." She said in tears. She missed her brother So much. Jace sent her some of sammys old tshirts the other day, she slept in one every night. "I miss him...."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Caught in a Trap [Closed to Sydney]   

Back to top Go down

Caught in a Trap [Closed to Sydney]
Page 1 of 1