Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Making Amends EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Making Amends EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Making Amends EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Making Amends EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Making Amends EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Making Amends EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Making Amends EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Making Amends EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Making Amends EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Making Amends EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Making Amends EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Making Amends EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Making Amends EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Making Amends EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Making Amends EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Making Amends

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ambrosius Umbranox
Adult
Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Defence Against the Dark Arts Professor, Head of Ravenclaw House

Making Amends Empty
PostSubject: Making Amends   Making Amends EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 9:23 am

Ambrosius serenely made his way through the candlelit corridor, searching for Selene's door. As odd as it might seem, in three years of teaching at Hogwarts, this was the first time he would lay eyes upon the office of another professor. Yet this was a necessary visit, as he needed to apologize to his colleague for his behaviour during their encounter in the forest the previous day.

He halted when he reached a door with an encryption indicating Care of Magical Creatures. After taking a moment to figure out what he would say, he softly knocked three times and waited for a response.
Back to top Go down
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character
Activity: Adult, Care of Magical Creatures Professor, History of Magic Professor, Head of Slytherin House

Making Amends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Amends   Making Amends EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 3:33 am

Somehow, Selene had managed to finish that day's grading and lesson plans for the following week so she decided to head to the Slytherin Common Room to check on Elita and Ella. As she had gathered her things, she heard three knocks on her door.

"Give me a second." She called out as she put her stuff down and checked her face in the small mirror on her wall. She figured that since the lessons had dragged her to the forest, she must look terrible. With a bit of dirt still on her cheek, she quickly brushed it off and headed to open the door.

Her black eyes gave a hint of surprise as she saw the tall man standing in front of her. "Hello Ambrosius." she smiled kindly while making way for him to enter her office. "Come in."
Back to top Go down
Ambrosius Umbranox
Adult
Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character
Activity: Adult, Defence Against the Dark Arts Professor, Head of Ravenclaw House

Making Amends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Amends   Making Amends EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 1:41 pm

"Selene" Ambrosius said when she appeared behind the door. "I hope I am not interrupting you." The professor appeared weary and her long, slightly disheveled hair fell in dark waves to her shoulders. Yet fortunately there was no sign of resentment when she laid her eyes upon him, only surprise and kindness.

Despite the heap of parchments and books that lay on the desk, the office was very neat. Shelves lined the walls, containing all sorts of volumes and objects, including a few musical instruments. In one corner, fire crackled joyfully in a large hearth, emitting a welcome warmth across the room after the brisky castle corridors. A small mirror decorated one of the walls, and around it hanged a set of paintings. Examining them more closely, Ambrosius noticed a majestic silvery hippogriff gamboling about a green field on one of the canvases.

"I wished to apologize." Ambrosius stated, facing Selene who was standing behind her desk. A high window dominated the opposite wall, and sunbeams filtered through the glass, illuminating the wooden surface. "For the coldness I displayed towards you the other day in the forest." His voice was low yet full of sincerity. "You did nothing to deserve such reaction, and I am deeply sorry for it."
Back to top Go down
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character
Activity: Adult, Care of Magical Creatures Professor, History of Magic Professor, Head of Slytherin House

Making Amends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Amends   Making Amends EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 9:58 pm

"Of course not." she assured him. "I barely leave this room." Her eyes saw Ambrosius inspecting her office, probably wondering why she had all the things she had, although she wasn't sure what he was thinking. No other professor had ever been in her office, it was mostly only the students, so the feeling was unusual.

She stayed quiet, wondering why he would even be here, until her question was answered. He was facing her now, and she could something in his gaze that she couldn't yet name. "Don't worry about it Ambrosius." she said, taking a glance at the mirror and realized how tired she really look. "We all have those kind of days. Besides, I'm sure you didn't mean to act that way." she smiled.
Back to top Go down
Ambrosius Umbranox
Adult
Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character

Making Amends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Amends   Making Amends EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 12:09 am

Ambrosius nodded gratefully, and then slowly took a seat in one of the armchairs facing the desk. "My response was triggered by unfortunate memories." he confessed. After giving her a long penetrative stare, he pursued. "Selene, there is something I wish to share with you. I have known you for quite a while now, and I hope I am not mistaken in my conviction that I can trust you. Besides, I would rather you hear this from me than from anyone else." he announced seriously.
Back to top Go down
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character

Making Amends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Amends   Making Amends EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 7:18 pm

Listening attentively to what he was saying, Selene nodded silently and waited for him to talk. She had learned, through the lives of her students, that people often came to her when they needed to let go of something, or simply when they wanted to confess what was bothering them. However, she wasn't going to push anyone away, not Wade, not her daughters, and certainly not Ambrosius.
Back to top Go down
Ambrosius Umbranox
Adult
Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character

Making Amends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Amends   Making Amends EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 12:42 pm

"That night, the Thestral. I told you I could see it because I had witnessed my mother being murdered. Yet there is more to the story." Fixing the window, he took a deep breath. It were ancient recollections, yet the images resurfaced, as clearly as if he were just witnessing them.

"I am a Part-Vampire." he began bluntly, as there was no easy way to put it. "Half, to be more precise. My father was an explorer. One of of his many journeys, in an isolate little town, he crossed path with a ravishing pale beauty. He seduced her with his stories, and a few months later I came into the world."

He avoided Selene's gaze, fearing the emotion he would discover in it. Now that he had started his tale, the words kept flowing out of his mouth, as if he wanted to get rid of them as fast as possible. "What my mother did not tell him was that she was a vampire, and the daughter of a powerful clan leader. When my grandfather discovered my existence, he was so enraged they say he ripped the head of the man who brought him the news in a single blow. You see, Half-Breeds are prejudiced against even today, yet back then they were considered an abomination. "

"To teach my mother a lesson, he made her watch as the clan slaughtered the man she loved in cold blood just before her eyes. I would have suffered the same fate, yet I was spared in order to be a living token of my mother's betrayal and a constant reminder of her shame." He made a brief pause. These thoughts had been burdening him for so long that they had become part of him, and sharing them felt strangely freeing.

"My entire childhood, I was treated like less than nothing, ignored by the others because of my nature. My mother dared not act, she feared her father's wrath, and thought that as long as they would not harm me, it was a tolerable life. Going to Hogwarts was a true deliverance. However, once he learned of my magical talent, my grandfather saw in me a weapon he could use in his ongoing struggle against the other covens. It was too much to bear for my mother, and the two of us decided to run away. Our plan went awry though, and she lost her life to ensure that I would preserve mine. Of course, I yearned to avenge her, yet I knew that only death awaited me at the end of that path, and with it the undoing of my mother's sacrifice. So I fled and never returned."

For a moment, he had even forgotten about Selene's presence. It was just him and his memories. "For many years, I drifted the land aimlessly, hiding in forests and caves. I was consumed by grief and the desire for vengeance. Yet as I could not exact it one my mother's murderers, I contended myself of killing stray wanderers, quenching my thirst with their blood. I left a crimson trail behind me, one riddled with more deaths than I would dare admit."

"It went on and on, roaming purposelessly, town after town, country after country, for longer than I could remember. Until I met Sarah. She studied vampires, and had managed to track me down in hope of discovering more about us. She was as pure of heart as she was intrepid. She showed me there was another way, that I did not have to be a monster. Dragon blood, she had discovered, could replace human one, and I would never have to kill again. Beside her, I slowly learned to let go of my past and of the vengeance that plagued my mind for so long."

"And then she... she was gone." he said, his lips tensing. "But I did not revert to my old ways. When Owen Gray offered me to teach here, I was skeptical at first. Yet I do not regret it now. This has been an opportunity to bring meaning into my existence, and the students have taught me that, despite everything, some things are still worth fighting for."
Back to top Go down
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character

Making Amends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Amends   Making Amends EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 8:48 am

Selene didn't have the best experience with vampires thanks to James Wayne, which is why she couldn't help the small gasp from her lips as Ambrosius confessed. She wasn't surprised, in a way, because that explained the man's usual physical appearance. The pale skin, the deep bags under his eyes, the constant look of simply being tired....it made sense.

He was avoiding her gaze, and she was glad, because she didn't want him to see the flash of fear that passed her eyes. Although sure that he knew the reason why she was afraid of vampires, it would break her if he thought it was because of him.

She soon saw him get lost in the painful memories, and her motherly instincts asked for her to comfort him, however she thought it best to let him speak and free himself of his pain. The sweetest part was that of Sarah. Selene herself kmew what it was like to have a person completely change your and your world.
As Ambrosius finished, Selene was speechless. What could she say? For the first time in a while, she found it hard to put her thoughts into words.

After looking at him for a few seconds, trying to feel what it was like to have grown up the way she had, to have seen the things he had seen...she took his hand. It was the only way she could think of to comfort him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Making Amends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making Amends   Making Amends Empty

Back to top Go down

Making Amends
Page 1 of 1