Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Father-Daughter Time (Morgana & Mordred + possibly workers?) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Father-Daughter Time (Morgana & Mordred + possibly workers?) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Father-Daughter Time (Morgana & Mordred + possibly workers?) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Father-Daughter Time (Morgana & Mordred + possibly workers?) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Father-Daughter Time (Morgana & Mordred + possibly workers?) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Father-Daughter Time (Morgana & Mordred + possibly workers?) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Father-Daughter Time (Morgana & Mordred + possibly workers?) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Father-Daughter Time (Morgana & Mordred + possibly workers?) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Father-Daughter Time (Morgana & Mordred + possibly workers?) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Father-Daughter Time (Morgana & Mordred + possibly workers?) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Father-Daughter Time (Morgana & Mordred + possibly workers?) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Father-Daughter Time (Morgana & Mordred + possibly workers?) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Father-Daughter Time (Morgana & Mordred + possibly workers?) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Father-Daughter Time (Morgana & Mordred + possibly workers?) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Father-Daughter Time (Morgana & Mordred + possibly workers?) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Father-Daughter Time (Morgana & Mordred + possibly workers?)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character
::
Activity: Junior Undersecretary to the Minister of Magic

Father-Daughter Time (Morgana & Mordred + possibly workers?) Empty
PostSubject: Father-Daughter Time (Morgana & Mordred + possibly workers?)   Father-Daughter Time (Morgana & Mordred + possibly workers?) EmptyWed May 22, 2013 2:13 pm

(OOC: I just want to say that though this is a closed thread, if the ones working at the Inn wants to, like, take orders or something to make their job more real, then by all means, feel free! Very Happy)

Morgana had gotten an owl from her father to meet him in Hogsmeade. He was probably wondering how her settling at Hogwarts went. She smiled as she left Hogwarts and walked to Hogsmeade. She looked around in the street. She hadn't been in Hogsmeade yet, and it was much cooler than she had expected. People were milling around everywhere, though, and she wasn't sure if she liked it. Crowds brought a claustrophobic feeling to her. But, luckily, she quickly found the Three Broomsticks and she walked inside quickly.

Okay, so there weren't exactly less people inside either. She bit the inside of her lip and tried to see if she could find Mordred. But there was no sign of the tall, dark-haired man. So, she quickly found a table a bit off from the crowd and in a corner. She wasn't in sight of the door, but she was pretty sure that the first place Mordred would look would be in a corner. He knew his daughter well, after all. Well, there wasn't really a person alivethat he had crossed part with that he didn't know well.

She sighed and wondered if she should order a butterbeer or not while waiting for her father.
Back to top Go down
Mordred Gaunt

Mordred Gaunt

My Character
Activity: Head of Department of Mysteries

PostSubject: Re: Father-Daughter Time (Morgana & Mordred + possibly workers?)   Father-Daughter Time (Morgana & Mordred + possibly workers?) EmptyWed May 22, 2013 3:21 pm

Mordred had taken the journey for Hogsmeade village. Truth was, he was a bit worried about whether or not Morgana settled in at Hogwarts. He knew he'd had no problems with it himself, but Morgana was more caring and loving that he was. Even though it wasn't by much. He knew she would be all right, but he couldn't shake his concern either way, something that was pretty unusal of him. He never really cared about these things. But Morgana was his weak spot. Something that would be important for him to conceal in the future. He couldn't afford a weak spot.

He looked through the streets of Hogsmeade, not feeling the nostaglia that most people would've felt. But he quickly found the way to the Three Broomsticks. He entered and wasn't surprised to see how many people filled the inn. He looked around, knowing she'd be here by now. If there was one of them that came early, it was definitely her. Sure, he still had five more minutes before they were supposed to meet, but it was in their nature to be early, it seemed.

But he knew his daughter enough to know that she wouldn't have sat down in the middle of a crowd. So he quickly scanned the corners. He found the back of his daughter. Her long, black hair was hard to be wrong about. He walked over and placed a hand on her shoulder, a normal gesture between them as a hello, before sitting down across from her. "How are you?" he asked softly, studying her face for any sort of feelings.
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Father-Daughter Time (Morgana & Mordred + possibly workers?)   Father-Daughter Time (Morgana & Mordred + possibly workers?) EmptyWed May 22, 2013 5:43 pm

Morgana could hear footsteps nearing and she smiled when she felt a warm hand being placed on her shoulder. Mordred then walked into the sight and sat down across from her. She grinned at him when he asked her how she was. She thought about it herself. She wasn't quite sure of the answer. Sure, she didn't have any problems. She didn't mind being so far from home, but she felt as though something was nagging her. So she shrugged.

"I'm doing fine. I really like Hogwarts and it feels amazing to be here. There are a lot of people around, but even that can't keep my mood down. I found a spot I like a lot, it's called the Stone Circle. And the lake is very peaceful. Since it's such a wide shore, you can sit down and get some space as well. And the common room... It's pretty amazing. I like it a lot. I haven't gotten any friends, though there's a girl called Sydney that I've been talking to. And some others, but I don't really know them," she said calmly.

It didn't bother her that she didn't have friends. If she wanted them, she'd seek them out. She was sure she'd get one or two friends that she'd appreciate, but she wasn't anxious to go find them at once. She didn't need to. She looked at her father and studied him somewhat. She wondered if he was doing fine, but she was pretty sure that he didn't have a problem with walking around alone either. He was probably looking for a job as well, though Morgana wasn't about to pry. If it got to that subject, she just might let it slip that she wanted to get one herself. And Mordred really wouldn't appreciate that.

"How is life on your own then?" she asked with a knowing smirk.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Father-Daughter Time (Morgana & Mordred + possibly workers?)   Father-Daughter Time (Morgana & Mordred + possibly workers?) EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:14 pm

Rebecca looked up. She saw a girl that looked about her age and an older man who she guessed was the girl's father. Grabbing her notepad and small pencil, she hurried over to the two new customers and asked, "Hello, welcome to the Three Broomsticks. What can I get you?"

She studied the girl and her father. The girl looked like a first-year, something which got Rebecca nervous. Everyone in school knew that nobody under third-years were allowed into Hogsmeade unless they had a job here. Trying to ignore that thought, Rebecca looked at the man. He wasn't a Professor at Hogwarts, that was for sure. He didn't look like a Ministry worker, either.

Looking back down at her notepad, Rebecca waited for the two people to order.
Back to top Go down
Mordred Gaunt

Mordred Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Father-Daughter Time (Morgana & Mordred + possibly workers?)   Father-Daughter Time (Morgana & Mordred + possibly workers?) EmptyThu May 23, 2013 11:33 am

Mordred nodded. "The Stone Circle. I remember that well," he said. Mordred listened to what she was saying, observing her movements like a hawk. When she said that she hadn't gotten any friends, it seemed like she didn't really find that so sad. But he knew she was more concerned about that stuff than he had been, yet no where near what an average person would be.

"I'm glad to hear that you're having a good time," he said. He remembered the times when he sat by the Black Lake, and some people walked over to him, even when he wanted to be alone. But they just wouldn't let him be alone. They had become important to him, but he still wouldn't label anyone as friends. He just didn't have friends. He didn't need that luxury.

He gave a shrug himself when she asked how life was on his own. "It's nothing I can't handle," he said lightly. Truth was, he had expected it to be extremely wonderful to be alone again, but he did miss her, as much as he hated to admit it to himself. He didn't like that he had become attached.

He was torn out of his thoughts when a waitress walked over to their table, wondering what they'd like. Mordred looked at the girl. She could only have a year on Morgana, and she looked a bit nervous at the girl for some reason. Probably because Morgana wasn't allowed to be in Hogsmeade at the time. But that wasn't her business, so he ignored that. "A butterbeer, thank you," he said politely and looked at Morgana to order.
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Father-Daughter Time (Morgana & Mordred + possibly workers?)   Father-Daughter Time (Morgana & Mordred + possibly workers?) EmptyThu May 23, 2013 11:42 am

Morgana smiled; it wouldn't be hard to imagine that she would've found a good spot where Mordred had found one. She really admired her father and she really liked the idea that they both liked the Stone Circle so well. She knew that he was analyzing every word that she said, and therefore she wasn't worried that he'd be worried that she didn't have any friends. He knew that she desired friends only a little more than he did. Which meant that she thought friends would be a great asset, but nothing more. At least, this would be her thoughts until she got a real friend.

She nodded as he said he handled being alone pretty well, but there was something about the way he fell into thoughts that made her think that he didn't like it as much as he had wanted to. She wasn't sure, though. It could be wishful thinking...

She looked up as a girl about a year older than her came to take their order. Morgana smiled kindly, but noticed that Mordred was a bit annoyed at the girl. Not the sort of annoyed anyone but Morgana would notice, and she quickly understood why when she noticed the nervousness of the girl. Morgana was a first year and wasn't allowed to go to Hogsmeade.

She grinned at the girl. "I got permission to see my father from the Deputy Headmistress, don't worry," she said kindly, "And I would like ... a butterbeer myself," she said, keeping her voice light and happy, but she knowing it would make others feel better. So she decided to do so. And when the girl didn't look at Morgana, she threw an annoyed look at her father, saying 'Behave!'.
Back to top Go down
Mordred Gaunt

Mordred Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Father-Daughter Time (Morgana & Mordred + possibly workers?)   Father-Daughter Time (Morgana & Mordred + possibly workers?) EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 11:31 am

Mordred watched the interaction between Morgana and the waitress with less than interest. However, he found the looks Morgana shot at him very humorous. Whenever the waitress looked away, she practically shouted at him to behave. He couldn't keep a smile off his face when she did that. So, maybe he wasn't being very nice to the person, but he was pretty sure that at an inn like this, as popular as it was, she met many worse.

When the girl had gone to get their orders, Mordred turned to Morgana. "I was being nice," he said with a shrug. He could see her reply, long before she said it and simply relaxed back in his chair. He had yet to tell her the good news and he was looking forward to seeing her reaction at it. He wasn't expecting much, but he knew some happiness would form in those eyes of hers.

"I have some good news," he then finally said. He was interrupted for a moment when the two butterbeers were placed in front of them, before the waitress vanished off again with a smile. He took a sip from the drink, dragging it out. Then he looked back up at Morgana. "I got the job in the Ministry," he finally said, keeping a very calm mask, not extremely proud of it, but very happy about it.
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Father-Daughter Time (Morgana & Mordred + possibly workers?)   Father-Daughter Time (Morgana & Mordred + possibly workers?) EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 11:45 am

Morgana looked at Mordred when the waitress left. Then she raised her eyebrow. "You were not being nice, you were being tolerable. There's a difference," she said, stressing the last sentence. "But hey, at such a popular place, I'm sure she has met worse people. A tiny bit worse at least," she said with a sigh. She thought it was funny, though, the way he acted around other people. But other people might not find it so funny.

She perked up when he said he had some good news, and then the waitress came back, giving them their order. Morgana gave her a kind smile. "Thanks," she said before the girl walked off again. She then returned her attention to her father, waiting for him to tell her the good news, but he had lifted the cup to his lips, taking a sip. Morgana raised her eyebrow again. Was he honestly dragging it out? "Well, out with it," she said with a grin on her face, not impatient at all, really.

But she felt a smile brighten her face when he said he'd gotten a job in the Ministry. "Congratulations!" she said happily. She remembered when he had applied for it, but she had no idea of what position he wanted there. "Where?" she asked curiously.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Mordred Gaunt

Mordred Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Father-Daughter Time (Morgana & Mordred + possibly workers?)   Father-Daughter Time (Morgana & Mordred + possibly workers?) EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 11:57 am

Mordred gave a nod as thank you when she congratulated him on his job. He was glad that Morgana was so easy to read for him. She seemed really happy about it, and he wasn't about to complain. When she asked where, Mordred gave a look around the room, making sure no one was around. His job was to be secretive, and no one should really know where he worked, but his daughter would find out anyways. He didn't say it, though, knowing she'd understand when he looked around the room. Or, at least hoping. She was his daughter, she should be able to understand.

"I hope you aren't going to try to get a job yourself. I'd appreciate it if you didn't, you should focus on your school-work," he said. He knew she had been considering it when she started Hogwarts, and Mordred didn't really like the idea of a girl of eleven working someplace. It didn't sound safe to him. Not to mention all the rules in the world about it. She'd get paid rightly and she probably wouldn't be allowed to work for more than five hours a day, if even that much, but still. He wasn't a fan. And she knew that.
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Father-Daughter Time (Morgana & Mordred + possibly workers?)   Father-Daughter Time (Morgana & Mordred + possibly workers?) EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 12:02 pm

Morgana frowned when he looked around the room to see if someone was listening. And when he turned back, knowing no one did, he still didn't say anything. Morgana raised both her eyebrows this time. "Really?" she asked incredulously. The Department of Mysteries. That's pretty cool. Unspeakable. He wasn't allowed to speak of what went on there, but knowing her father, he was probably doing some research on time travelling. He had always been very fascinated by it. "That is rather cool. Pity we won't be able to discuss it, though," she said calmly.

She sighed. Of course he'd caught onto that. She looked around the bar. "Well, would it be so bad if I took a job? I mean, the quicker I learn to stand on my own two feet, right?" she mused. "Besides, if I got a job in Diagon Alley or something, it would only be in the holidays, and it wouldn't be able to hurt my school work," she rationalized. She knew he would like her arguments, but she also knew he didn't really have a good one against it.

"Anywho, I applied for the Quidditch team," she said happily. She really liked the fact that she might get a chance to be on the team. She really thought it could be very interesting, especially if she got the position as a beater, like she wanted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Father-Daughter Time (Morgana & Mordred + possibly workers?)   Father-Daughter Time (Morgana & Mordred + possibly workers?) EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 6:43 pm

Rebecca nodded as the two ordered butterbeer. When the girl informed her that she had permission to be here, the waitress calmed down, knowing that the Slytherin was here legally. For a moment, she grinned. Legally, Rebecca thought, not knowing what was funny about the word. She walked away to go get the orders and soon returned with two glasses of butterbeer in her hands.

Setting down the drinks on the table, she looked around and spotted a table which hadn't ordered yet. She rushed off, knowing that customers hated waiting.

OOC- It's OK, sorry I was inactive.
Back to top Go down
Mordred Gaunt

Mordred Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Father-Daughter Time (Morgana & Mordred + possibly workers?)   Father-Daughter Time (Morgana & Mordred + possibly workers?) EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 7:25 pm

Mordred was pleased that Morgana found his new job interesting. Not that he'd be able to discuss it much. Of course, there was no ban on telling her that he worked there, or what he was working with if he didn't go into detail. Even so, Morgana was perceptive, she probably knew much of what he was doing there already. But the most important thing was basically not to talk about his job in public.

He sighed. "Diagon Alley? During your summer holidays? That's a bit far from our home, is it not?" he asked rhetorically. He knew that if she wanted a job, she'd take it. And he could most likely do nothing about it. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad either. "No, if you are to take a job, it had better be in Hogsmeade, so your holidays will stay a holiday," he said calmly. He really didn't want her to take a job, but what could he really do?

Mordred raised an eyebrow. That took him by surprise. Quidditch? "Really?" he asked, not hiding his surprise. "Did you get a position? And have you always been interested in Quidditch, or has it come on now?" he asked. He wouldn't be surprised if she was interested and that he had failed to notice. He wasn't always good at reading his daughter's interests.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Father-Daughter Time (Morgana & Mordred + possibly workers?)   Father-Daughter Time (Morgana & Mordred + possibly workers?) Empty

Back to top Go down

Father-Daughter Time (Morgana & Mordred + possibly workers?)
Page 1 of 1