HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Personal Effects EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Personal Effects EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Personal Effects EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Personal Effects EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Personal Effects EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Personal Effects EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Personal Effects EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Personal Effects EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Personal Effects EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Personal Effects EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Personal Effects EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Personal Effects EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Personal Effects EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Personal Effects EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Personal Effects EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Personal Effects

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Personal Effects Empty
PostSubject: Personal Effects   Personal Effects EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 7:43 pm

Starting with an Adult character, I would gather that childhood has passed and after coming out of education, you would leave with some essentials that you decided were fit to keep. I've seen a fair share of older characters having empty trunks and honestly wonder if that's just a simple case of not being edited to look so, or simply because it's been overlooked as a non-urgency. Honestly, I love customisation, so would care to hear people's opinions about being able to add small personal effects that may help them in the magical worl or general trinkets (like a good luck netsuke my character keeps on himself), for example, Longbottom's Rememberall. For it to not seem so God-modly, perhaps design a system of points where an adult would have a higher limit, but overall, not have too much in their inventory. Unless they were powerful and rich I guess.
Also, in turn, for want of this to happen, is it possible to have some allowance on the character sheet to change these things accordingly. I can only seem to be able to add Personality which is all well and good, but my trunk, wand, pet, ECT is empty, and I'd hardly think of seven years worth of schooling would result in that.
Thank-you for your consideration and I'd like to hear any questions regarding the ideas to answer confusion.
Back to top Go down
Ella Vega
Adult
Ella Vega

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Trainee Auror

Personal Effects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Effects   Personal Effects EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 12:38 pm

I don't think it's a bad idea. The main reason is because things you would buy that goes into your trunk would be things you'd get from Diagon Alley and such. Currently, I'm about to bring up a suggestion to the admin that will possibly help out with this idea. Also, with majority of the admin absent, I can't actually put anything into action without their thoughts and inputs but it's a fantastic suggestion and I'll move it into pending discussions and maybe some members could add their thoughts as well.

Banners:

Back to top Go down

Personal Effects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Effects   Personal Effects EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 4:25 pm

Thanks Ella, just thought I might put it out there because of a request of trunk items in my application that haven't shown up yet/can't roleplay with. I'm quite a realistic player, so I like to see details fufilled before diving into plots and the like. Would love to see some other points be made, as more minds work better together for greater ideas.
Back to top Go down
Caroline Forbes
Adult
Caroline Forbes

My Character
Activity: Adult, Charms and Potions Professor, Head of Hufflepuff House

Personal Effects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Effects   Personal Effects EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 7:50 am

I think it is a pretty good idea, I'd just like to see spells that are in Harry Potter added to the spell book, the ones that are missing of course. I'm gonna request them be made in the create a spell section, I've already requested one though it isn't really.. Good magic.. Being light magic, it's fairly dark. Though it isn't darker then "Avada Kedavra" Anyway, great idea, good luck.
Back to top Go down
http://supernaturalmayhem.forums-rpg.com/
Ella Vega
Adult
Ella Vega

My Character
Activity: Adult, Trainee Auror

Personal Effects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Effects   Personal Effects EmptyWed May 01, 2013 3:15 am

Well, with the spells, canon spells don't need to be added to the book because they're canon and therefore allowed to be used.

Banners:

Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Dark Wizard

Personal Effects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Effects   Personal Effects EmptySun May 12, 2013 3:38 am

I'll take care of Horatio's suggestion since he hasn't been the only one to bring it up to me before. Soooooooo, that's done. I will send a PM shortly requesting adults to send me some items they wish to be added.

On Katerina's suggestion, I though cannon spells were kind of just there. They shouldn't be added since most characters would know them, right?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Personal Effects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Effects   Personal Effects Empty

Back to top Go down

Personal Effects
Page 1 of 1